Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

I mostly only use staff reports when I sign youngsters, since even if they have the correct stats at a young age (or if not even), player potential determines the future attribute points available for the player, and if you sign them at a young age, you can "mould" them into to the attributes required by Mr. Hough's tactics. When I sign players that are mostly at their full potential I almost only go on Mr. Hough's recommended stats.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly only use staff reports when I sign youngsters, since even if they have the correct stats at a young age (or if not even), player potential determines the future attribute points available for the player, and if you sign them at a young age, you can "mould" them into to the attributes required by Mr. Hough's tactics. When I sign players that are mostly at their full potential I almost only go on Mr. Hough's recommended stats.

How is that working for your team then signing the players that are recommended by my stats?

Ok so I have signed a few players that filter had picked out for me, however thier current abillity doesn't warrant them a place in the starting line-up. What should I do? Play them anyway?

What players have you signed, you can't sign a player from the blue square and expect him to play in the championship because he has the 'right' stats.

Try and get a few players on loan that will help.

I'm now using the filters and I alter them up and down to find me good targets sadly it only seems to find me players that fit the stats but the scout report says they're only good enough for the league below. Do I still sign them?

yeah the attributes are the main key you want a team on what will gel not a team like Real Madrid of Super Stars what wont nothing

I'm in league one, quite a few players have the right stats but scouts say they are only fit enough for league two, will they be any good if I sign them?

they will be fine aslong as it's not too far down one league won't harm though.

I had signed some players for everton that where supposbly championship players, Didn't stop me winning the Quadruple in my first season though.

How is that working for your team then signing the players that are recommended by my stats?

It is working very well, I look at the reports, but if they are way off on your stats I usually do not sign them.

Edit: I almost always only go by your filters - except for young players, where I use a combination of a lower value of your filters or maybe choose to match all stats but one in the filter window. But with younger players I have to consider potential as well, since that determines (I think) the potential number of available attribute points.

Mr Hough did you use Bubbabaytuna teamtalk in that juventus save ? thanks

I just asked my assistant on the Juventus save, Make sure your assistant has good man management motivation determination and tactical knowledge skills.

Sorry for posting this again, but just wondering, I'm using the JP Woody and Mr. Hough version (the latest one) at the moment and it seems that the centre striker scores tonnes of goals (35 in a season) but the left and right strikers don't seem to be able to find the net much (bout 10-12 a season).

Is anyone having the same issue as I am and does anyone know how to tweak it so as to allow the side strikers to grab a few more goals?

Thanks!

Hey guys that are using Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version 10.3 Everton 2009.

What are your 3 strikers respectively, the Left Striker, Middle Striker and Right Striker?

I have a selection of

(left and right)

Damien Le Tallec

John Fleck

Steven Fletcher

Bojan

Yannis Tafer

(Middle)

Carlton Cole

Marco Borriello

However only Tafer can get 1/2 the goals he starts. The rest are all not very prolific.

I have about 80m of transfer funds but I really like the stats of them (Pace, Finishing, Composure) so I haven't been buying.

Im using the unbeaten tactic but am finding my right sided striker no matter who is constantly performs poorly and hardly scores!! Can anyone help? Also i always get hit on counter attack and seem to conceed alot too! Any help would be class please!!

Im using the unbeaten tactic but am finding my right sided striker no matter who is constantly performs poorly and hardly scores!! Can anyone help? Also i always get hit on counter attack and seem to conceed alot too! Any help would be class please!!

ya..same as me too..

Maybe this is not the place, but I just wanted to recommend Swedish central defender Månz Karlsson. I got him during 2014 when he was 26 years old, and he has 89 total in the recommended DC stats. Not bad for 140,000 GBP.

Mr Hough,sorry for bothering you but would you mind to make a set of 4-5-1 formation tactic coz i can't tweak it using the right method or i had missed something to play with my team.Whenever i tweaks,something doesn't seems to be right about the formation==(sorry about my broken english)Would appreciate it a lot if you can make one for me (1 of the die hard fans of your tactics=X)

Regards,Alex from Malaysia

Mr Hough,

I notice that the two central defenders have different roles, the left one is a stopper and the right one is cover. Any stat differences in those two? I know there are none in your filters, but maybe you have some suggestions.

Thanks a bunch for your tactics! :) I will probably be promoted to the English Premier League this season (2014/2015), playing with AFC Telford.

Just to show you that this tactic can be used as a bases for any normal formation. These results came with a 442 formation tweak ( of the final unbeaten version by Mr.H & JP). The outer FCs work as Wingers, the DMC is now playing in MC but with almost the same defensive settings - only raising the mentality of the DC´s by 2 notches each - and one of the MCs have been put as a FC(in my case as a complete Target Man, set to feet with mixed in all settings).

2012713.png

Hey guys that are using Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version 10.3 Everton 2009.

What are your 3 strikers respectively, the Left Striker, Middle Striker and Right Striker?

I have a selection of

(left and right)

Damien Le Tallec

John Fleck

Steven Fletcher

Bojan

Yannis Tafer

(Middle)

Carlton Cole

Marco Borriello

However only Tafer can get 1/2 the goals he starts. The rest are all not very prolific.

I have about 80m of transfer funds but I really like the stats of them (Pace, Finishing, Composure) so I haven't been buying.

Edin Dzeko is great in any of these positons. He's been fantactic in my Liverpool squad. I had to pay 29.5 million for him, but he has been worth it. His first season was played 28, Goals 20, Assists 15, MOM 4 and average rating 7.85. In my 2nd season with him, played 4, goals 5, assists 0, MOM 1 and average rating 7.88

I rotate my front three, with Torres, Dzeko, Pacheco, Ashley Young and Nemeth. Pacheco and Nemeth don't score much, but seem to contribute a lot during game play. I'm mainly playing them to get there game experience up.

It maybe worth looking at Jonathan Cristaldo as well. I managed to get him in the 2nd season for Leeds ( So Championship Player for 2 million. Couldn't get a work permit in season 1 ), but now in the Prem and he's playing really well.

I tried to get Tafer on a free transfer for Leeds, but he turned me down.

Cheers,

Boony

Just to show you that this tactic can be used as a bases for any normal formation. These results came with a 442 formation tweak ( of the final unbeaten version by Mr.H & JP). The outer FCs work as Wingers, the DMC is now playing in MC but with almost the same defensive settings - only raising the mentality of the DC´s by 2 notches each - and one of the MCs have been put as a FC(in my case as a complete Target Man, set to feet with mixed in all settings).

2012713.png

I'm glad you are having success, Especially with a wide formation i struggled to make this work on patch 10.3

What do you guys think is the best team to use this tactic with? Preferably a team in England. I'm planning to use this tactic but I can't choose a team. I was considering Man U, but they can't use this because they have a lot of wingers. Help please. Thanks!

What do you guys think is the best team to use this tactic with? Preferably a team in England. I'm planning to use this tactic but I can't choose a team. I was considering Man U, but they can't use this because they have a lot of wingers. Help please. Thanks!

No offence but i hate these type of questions, Its your game to play with whichever team you want then you can sell the players that don't fit into the system you wanna play and buy players that do fit into the system.

Wouldn't that be easier

2012713.png

can you post your tactic

can you post your tactic

The post I made was to encourage users - and show that its possible - to tweak the tactic ( The wizard version Final unbeaten by Mr H & JP) into one that suits their team( rather than using my tweak). Therefor, no tactic wil be uploaded

But basically, the positional tweaks have been made.

Move the outer FCs into MR/L

Move the Central FC into FCleft

Move the left MC into Fcright

Move the DMC into the left MC spot

..and the following player settings have been tweaked.

Raise the mentality of the DCs by 2 notches

- This to make up for not having a DMC to cover the hole between the M and D strata

Mirror the roles of the 2 DCs

- this so that the more aggressive DC plays being the more attacking MC to close up the gap better ( instead of him playing behind the other MC(defensive), making them go for the same man.

Make the "new" FC, the previous MC a Target Man.

- this is done by changing his role to Target Man. The only thing this will actually change in his settings is to give him Hold up ball. After this, you can change his other settings to suit the player at hand

...and these team settings have been changed

Target man supply = to feet

Focus play = mixed, only changing it to suit extreme conditions and oppositions

The post I made was to encourage users - and show that its possible - to tweak the tactic ( The wizard version Final unbeaten by Mr H & JP) into one that suits their team( rather than using my tweak). Therefor, no tactic wil be uploaded

But basically, the positional tweaks have been made.

Move the outer FCs into MR/L

Move the Central FC into FCleft

Move the left MC into Fcright

Move the DMC into the left MC spot

..and the following player settings have been tweaked.

Raise the mentality of the DCs by 2 notches

- This to make up for not having a DMC to cover the hole between the M and D strata

Mirror the roles of the 2 DCs

- this so that the more aggressive DC plays being the more attacking MC to close up the gap better ( instead of him playing behind the other MC(defensive), making them go for the same man.

Make the "new" FC, the previous MC a Target Man.

- this is done by changing his role to Target Man. The only thing this will actually change in his settings is to give him Hold up ball. After this, you can change his other settings to suit the player at hand

...and these team settings have been changed

Target man supply = to feet

Focus play = mixed, only changing it to suit extreme conditions and oppositions

I completly agree with this and i'm gladthe better half hasn't uploaded the tactic.

The reasons because he states everything that he has done and it's very clear and easy to follow.

It also show that a few tweaks here and there can really benefit your team fully and it may help others when they come to tweak the tactic.

Well done Better Half.

I completly agree with this and i'm gladthe better half hasn't uploaded the tactic.

The reasons because he states everything that he has done and it's very clear and easy to follow.

It also show that a few tweaks here and there can really benefit your team fully and it may help others when they come to tweak the tactic.

Well done Better Half.

Thanks !

This season, I am using a wide diamond instead of the flat 442. As I am a top team, I have to make sure that the DMC is the more creative one and the AMC is positioned in the hole, not making any runs from deep ahead of the ball. So the tweaks made here are to put the more attacking MC into DMC and the more defensive into AMC( providing him with some more t-balls)

Thanks !

This season, I am using a wide diamond instead of the flat 442. As I am a top team, I have to make sure that the DMC is the more creative one and the AMC is positioned in the hole, not making any runs from deep ahead of the ball. So the tweaks made here are to put the more attacking MC into DMC and the more defensive into AMC( providing him with some more t-balls)

I think the AMC will work good as if he is not making runs ahead as he will act like a magnet and draw out the opposition and this will free space for forwards and wide players.

The way i look at tactics is really logical thinking and also observation on the matches my team play, Logical thinking on if i put my player in this position what effect will it have on defence, attack also the balance of play, I think alot of people miss this way of thinking and just put players anywhere and hope for the best, Possibly the reason why some struggle to make tactics.

thebetterhalf/mr hough - i would like to change it to a 4-2-3-1 formation.....i would keep the 2 Mcs has thebetterhalf explained.

but how should the 3 AMC's and lone striker be best set up has? i want the middle AMC to be playing in the "hole", should the attacking MC be set as support or attack? this is what i am struggling with..the roles of support and attack duty.

Sucessfully adapted the tweaks the better half explained and so they are working a treat :D will post updates when im happy with it :)

did u change it to a 442 or a wide diamond? cuz she said she tried with the latter one also....

thebetterhalf/mr hough - i would like to change it to a 4-2-3-1 formation.....i would keep the 2 Mcs has thebetterhalf explained.

but how should the 3 AMC's and lone striker be best set up has? i want the middle AMC to be playing in the "hole", should the attacking MC be set as support or attack? this is what i am struggling with..the roles of support and attack duty.

it would be hard to say without looking at it.

Regarding the Hole player i'd have his mentality quite low maybe half or just under as he can receive the ball in a deep position and act like a magnet to the oppositions defence then play balls to the attack.

All in theory but have a play with and see what you can come up with.

Mr Hough,

I am using SFrasers training schedules, and only the full backs have set pieces training. Are there any other positions that need set piece training in your tactic, so I know what to change.

Thanks in advance!

Btw, just got promoted to premier league with AFC Telford, most satisfying :)

Mr Hough,

I am using SFrasers training schedules, and only the full backs have set pieces training. Are there any other positions that need set piece training in your tactic, so I know what to change.

Thanks in advance!

Btw, just got promoted to premier league with AFC Telford, most satisfying :)

not that i'm aware of no sorry

Diaby doesn't half like playing centre mid in this tactic. Outplaying Cesc, Ramsey and Denilson with 10 goals and 5 assists in 19 starts.

Also on a 895 minute clean sheet run at the moment... come on!

Pretty much any team can be adapted to use this tactic. Especially a team with good money for transfers, like Man Utd. Simply sell the players that don't the tactic, like the wingers, and buy some that do. It's not that difficult.