Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Cheers mate.

I'll have a look at it. Where my computer sits the daylight makes it difficult to see ceratin aspects of it.

Back to the formation. What is the combo of strikers you've been using upfront? Is it two quick players, two target men or a combo?

I think technical quick strikers are best because you get alot of one on ones.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would say it's less important having forwards who're getting crosses in?

=> No need for a headskilled player but more pacey, dribbling and technical ones?

I have scored some goals with headers at the back post from crosses but these goals have come from less than 6 yards out so i don't think headering would be massive.

More pace composure flair dribbling finishing skills

yeah, this will be outstanding! I love playing with fast forwards like Vela and so on.

What I've noticed: Pace was always important for (in the end) every player in the squad. Especially the forwards do need acceleration, too for speeding into the gaps. Or am I wrong? Acceleration isn't mentioned anywhere but whats a flairy player if he can't get into the gap as quick as possible?

That's something what I wondered about.

Btw: Played against Bordeaux during the CLQ (away with Brescia) couple of minutes ago. Switching around between unbeaten (home) and Hough/JP-tweaked (away) and gave them a present with a 4-1.

After four away-goals I think I'll play CL this year.^^

yeah, this will be outstanding! I love playing with fast forwards like Vela and so on.

What I've noticed: Pace was always important for (in the end) every player in the squad. Especially the forwards do need acceleration, too for speeding into the gaps. Or am I wrong? Acceleration isn't mentioned anywhere but whats a flairy player if he can't get into the gap as quick as possible?

That's something what I wondered about.

Btw: Played against Bordeaux during the CLQ (away with Brescia) couple of minutes ago. Switching around between unbeaten (home) and Hough/JP-tweaked (away) and gave them a present with a 4-1.

After four away-goals I think I'll play CL this year.^^

You cant beat quick players with good acceleration especially in the advanced positions. The AI defenders struggle with pace, as defenders in real life do.

I think once you have achieved success you end up with players who are good in most aspects and excellent in some.

When you are a smaller club you need to use players are good in certain areas but inevitably poor in some also.

Ideally we would have 2 forwards like Drogba!!!

I had been Boro in the championship. Id got them into the carling cup final beating Man City home and away, then my save died :( I was storming the league too.

can't you do a quick 10 matches in a foreign league?

is everyone like me, clicking back here every 2 secs to see if the tac is uploaded yet? lol iv normally good at waiting for things, so excited mr houghs + jp tacs rock lol

yep can't wait for it just like Christmas lol

You know that thing that you said about deadlines and what not? I believe theres an element that you bring on yourselves hehehe :D

I'm still having fun with the tactic set which you have created, and I call it a set still, as I find that teams adapt. I have used the GCS version the Final JP Woody Version the Classic version and now I'm using the Middlesboro version.

All of these tactics have worked in their own unique ways but I found that the AI adapts and then suffocates the team, I guess it could be with the step up from 1st Division to Championship and alot of new faces brought in, but certainly we seemed to turn a corner when we changed to the boro version of the tactics.

I like the thought of the AMC, the bridge player so you can centralise the creativity and in a tactic I was working on the AMC was central to its success, and I guess that is both its strength and its weakness as you are reliant on 1 player who can be taken out of a game with relative ease through man marking hard tackling etc.

1 situation I have found the tactic sometimes struggles is against a deep lieing 4-5-1 formation very bolton esq approach to football where all the flair comes from the wings and they tear down on the counter and cross to the big man. With the move of a lot of premiership teams to a similar formation, many could argue is it a 4-5-1 is it a 4-3-3, do you JP Mr Hough think there is room for a radical shift in only 1 central defender at the back, with 2 defensive medfielders 1 of which is as defensive as a center half?

this is a apology for my comments what may a fended some people from my post 3314

i wont do it in future. i din't know it would fend any 1. like i say im deeply sorry for my actions

regards

cragswfc

Don't worry about it mate. Its only a word!

JP/Mr Hough- Is it a set of tactics or just a single tactic with recommendations of a few tweaks which can be done?

Just thinking about the post above a couple, talking about how his team eventually get 'suffocated' if he doesn't change things.

Don't worry about it mate. Its only a word!

JP/Mr Hough- Is it a set of tactics or just a single tactic with recommendations of a few tweaks which can be done?

Just thinking about the post above a couple, talking about how his team eventually get 'suffocated' if he doesn't change things.

Well its yet to happen to me.

I think I get what the 'suffocated' claim is about. I realise that although i win with about the same frequency as past seasons, its getting harder and harder to win by a big margin and the opposite team just parks the bus in front of the goal. Perhaps I just need to switch tactics back and forth. If so, the 4-1-2-3 can be swapped with the new one I guess :)

the final question is Will the tactic be released today or tommorow ?? cause i had enough of refreshing for every 5 min.....

Definatly today, I'd come back in maybe an hour.

I'm 42 games unbeaten in all comps now aswell.

42 games unbeaten is very impressive!

Has it been tested in any way with 'smaller' clubs or with players who will be of a much poorer standard?

If not I'm happy to post my progress with my Partick Thistle team.

See you in an hour...

It hasn't been tested with a small team yet but after i release it i will be doing a test with a small team.

Everton are my Fav english team to test with as they don't have loads of stars i would say above average players in most positions.

It hasn't been tested with a small team yet but after i release it i will be doing a test with a small team.

Everton are my Fav english team to test with as they don't have loads of stars i would say above average players in most positions.

please dont go with hudders. go with barnet :D

I started a new save the other day - unemployed first...then got the job at league 2 Shrewsbury - use GCS tactic and got to play off finals and won...lovely jubbly! Started 2nd season in league 1 and am struggling down in 19th after a couple of months. Will be happy to test it with them when released to see if it works lower league.

Had a previous career save where I had monster success with the gcs tactic at Valladolid, Valencia then Man Utd so a nice new tactic would be belter to see if a new formation will gain success.

cragswfc, Dimastiy, Szary, Adam Church, Itachi777, kev08, Freestyle18, adonis, merlin139, THFC_100, thorcool, Corkey, Gambit89, Chenzo, Magica_Milan, dannyfc, DyAli, sapheroith, Goose54, swash, Wazza33, laevulose, pauluk25, shedboy7, villao, DPalmer5059, wacanda2, dREAD, Smiley, lozzer4, Sideshow bob, tomay, leWizard, CaMeL_UK, amvlad, Yxskaft, Ian White, chewbaca82, mibsweden, ScottyH, Johnlc, info0, Dayle25, zachya, Hooligan, Nakata Hidani, bultenbrax, Darcodon, Kevinmatt, mcjooseppi, Awesome-0, pi0tro, nubsteri, daleshayes, Osba, TONY1969, shifty, vinneyboy, Timberwolf1976, Peluchamp, djdomo, andrjam48, Jona, rofe77, loughranb, Jwbh, henkan, mischievous, law90026, Riqzi, -SV-, Alex De Souza, dinod6, Analapfelstrudel, mosiclover, Petros79, S!lver, matthewhong all these waiting 4 your new tactic ?

i know you are all waiting for the new tactic, but can anyone tell me which the current favourite Hough Tactic is (the one used by Liverpool in earlier post by JP something) and if there is a download link in the OP?

There seem to be a number of different variants currently, the reason I am asking. Also, if any of them is wizard, I would prefer that.

thanks!