Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna make a few different formations really because playing with the same formation for a few seasons gets really boring.

Ye, it's good to be able to change between formations using the same type of players though. So you can have 1 formation for when opposite team plays centre, and one when they play wide wings. Would also be good to have a formation to change to when you want to defend a lead.

Yes,that's what I was thinking hehe.Every season I play with any team,the first thing I do is loading your tactic Dave,and I thought it must be chagned hehe

Hope to hear from you about the new formations and how it's going to you.

Cheers.

Next match, 3-0 win over Fulham. Following that a 1-0 defeat to HULL! Kuyt and Torres were out, but surely I should have hand enough not to get beaten?

I'm using SFRaser's schedules, which look punishing and maybe that's effecting the performance. The feedback for them has been positive, but I'm getting lots of injuries, is it worth switching to Tug's?

All help appreciated.

I also get alot of injuries using SFraser's training, but it does work really well so have stuck with it. I would also think about changing your team talks as that could be the reason for the results. If you are using Mr Hough's 41212 tactic then you should be playing really well, and having more shots/possession than the opposition.

Steve

I'm using the unbeated final classic and trying to follow the team talk guidelines offered in the OP. Maybe Liverpool have injury prone players?

You should give the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic a go, it may work better for you.

Steve

Would Jonjo Shelvey work as a CM in this tactic? As he doesn't have good defensive stats, 8 for tackling etc.

Bear in mind he is only 17 but the most i've seen his tackling attribute go up to is 11. He also only has 10 for pace & 8 for acceleration.

I'm only playing in the SPL though.

Would he be ok to use there?

Would Jonjo Shelvey work as a CM in this tactic? As he doesn't have good defensive stats, 8 for tackling etc.

Bear in mind he is only 17 but the most i've seen his tackling attribute go up to is 11. He also only has 10 for pace & 8 for acceleration.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2755/jonjoshelveypic.png

1st season, he's been injured for a bit. He's played 19 games at CM(left side) in the 4-1-2-1-2 version. Happy with him so far :thup:

Wow! I don't know how you created this tactic, however, it is absolutely amazing! I began a game with Arsenal, I lost the League Cup, however, won the Premiership, FA Cup, and Champions League against Real Madrid (I altered it slightly to beat Barcelona in the final).

Furthermore, in all my previous games with Arsenal I have only ever had 1 striker reach 20+ goals, others have reached 15 or under, but with this tactic, I have had 3 players reach 20+! The most surprising of them all however, has to be Theo Walcott! I feel like he could have got more, however, he got injured for the whole 4 months before the end of the season.

Here are some screenshots:

http://img189.imageshack.us/f/arsenal1u.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/f/arsenal2b.jpg

http://img815.imageshack.us/f/arsenal3.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/f/arsenal4.jpg

Next match, 3-0 win over Fulham. Following that a 1-0 defeat to HULL! Kuyt and Torres were out, but surely I should have hand enough not to get beaten?

I'm using SFRaser's schedules, which look punishing and maybe that's effecting the performance. The feedback for them has been positive, but I'm getting lots of injuries, is it worth switching to Tug's?

All help appreciated.

The injuries can be happening for various reasons and not necessarily be the fault of the training schedules. You could have injury prone players, you could also be having one of those seasons when you get more injuries than usual, it happens. I've been using SFraser's schedules as well for a long time now and I've never noticed any increase in injuries. However, I've had seasons when my team simply gets more injuries, and then I have seasons when the team stays pretty healthy. It's like that sometimes.

You can try switching to Tug's but those schedules are outdated now. SFraser's schedules and the overall concept of how to create your own schedules that he discovered are the way to go.

I've just started with Liverpool and I'm having mixed results. After stuffing Sunderland, Burnley and Wigan, I've now lost to Blackburn and Marseille. Are Liverpool that bad?

How long have you been using the tactic with Liverpool? Have you brought in any new players into your squad? What is your own reputation as a manager?

Shelvey should work fine. The only thing I'd recommend is partnering him with a MC that has good defensive attributes. Shelvey's pace is actually not that big of a let down. In my Milan career, I had Pirlo playing as one of the MCs. He is also slow and not that great defensively, but still worked nevertheless.

Here's an update on my current career with Cordoba. After we won the La Liga title in our 3rd season, using the Mr. Hough & JP Woody tactic, I've decided to switch to the Unbeaten Final version. The following season we ended up winning the La Liga again, and on top of it we also won the CL. However, we couldn't, unfortunately, complete the treble as we were hammered 0-4 by Barca in the Spanish cup final. It was disappointing, but at the same time kind of understandable result since my players were pretty much on holiday, mentally, in that game. It was our last match of the season, and only 4 days after our victory in the CL final.

Lukaku finished as my top scorer with over 40 goals from the center striker position.

Yeah it looks as if he improves quite easily.

I currently have a defensive CM to play alongside Shelvey or Verratti. Thing is though i'm looking at a future CM pairing of Shelvey & Verratti which isn't defensive at all really lol. I have my doubts whether it would work or not.

I'm using the unbeated final classic and trying to follow the team talk guidelines offered in the OP. Maybe Liverpool have injury prone players?

I've been playing Liverpool for 3 seasons now and won the league every time.

In my first season I purchased Ashley Young and he played up front with Torres and Rodriguez. Also used Kuyt and Pacheco ( more for experience ) played up front.

In my first season I also bought Shelvey and Huddlestone. Sold Riera, Babel and Benyuon ( know idea of spelling ) for funds.

I usually let my AM do the team talks and change the praise for 8+ players ratings at the end of the game to the best option.

Cheers,

Boony

Shelvey has been great in my Liverpool squad and improves a lot. For defence check out Jordan Spence for the future.

I started a lower league game with Oxford in the blue square prem using the 10.3 classic. Acheived back to back promotions as champions to league 1.

35433232.png

54207074.png

Made no changes to the tactic so working very well with smaller teams. Cheers Mr Hough.

Well another year with 10.3 Classic and another league win. Media prediction was 23rd!

84541753.png

Been working on the 4-1-2-1-2 not just on the strikers but on the tactic as a whole.

I have tested it fully with a good Juventus side and now with my Middlesbrough side first season in Premiership after storming the league the previous season.

Here is a result from my First season in the Premiership against a full Strength Man Utd side.

MiddlesbroughvsManutd.jpg

I'm still gonna be testing for a while so fingers crossed things will stay successfull

Amazing stuff Mr Hough!

The 4-1-2-1-2 formation is still doing really well for me, so I'm looking forward to your updated version. Will it still be a wizard tactic, or will you be going back to 'classic' style???

Steve

nvm i've found the folder

gonna try the classic tactic

i'm managing in brazil with palmeiras , i've had reasonable success with my own 4-2-2-2 system (a very narrow system but famous in brazil) 2 league titles in 6 years but i've had 2 bad years

be interested to see how this gets on, i will update you after 2 in game seasons

cheers mr hough

ive been using the newest tactic and defensivley its better but my strikers dont score as many so i like to change between this and the classic version. However i cant remember what attributes the strikers need for both left and right strikers and the middle striker for the classic version. Pls dont ask me to search as ive tried soing this but with the new horrible skin i cant find anything.

There is a link to an excel spreadsheet within the thread which summarises things quite nicely for those with a short attention span like me.

For anyone looking for a far more simple system, there was a thread on here by Zero Sea which strongly advocated using Have Faith on all your players both before the game and at half time, and I have to say having tried it that the results have been very impressive.

I have evolved that idea somewhat now and in tandem with Mr H's tactics have had plenty of success.

Basically now before a game I do this

Any complacency reported - I expect a win

Local Derby or Cup Match - For the fans

Any other - Have Faith

Then at half-time

If winning - Have Faith

Drawing when said I expect a win - Disappointed

Losing in any game - Want to see more from you

Drawing when I said Have Faith - Have Faith

Drawing when I said For the Fans - For the Fans

Hey Swash,

Just wondering... with this teamtalk system... which works great might I add... what do you do when it's a Champions League match? Is that counted as a cup game or a normal match? Also if there's complacency reported before a cup match do you say "Expect a win" or stick with For the Fans?

Cheers,

Kea

if you go to oping post and just download the filters you be fine. but if not use these

Goalkeeper

Aerial Ability Reflexes Handling Communication Positioning

Center backs

Heading Marking Tackling Positioning Teamwork Anticipation Strength

Fullbacks

Stamina Positioning Crossing Tackling Workrate Teamwork Pace

Anchor Man

Passing Workrate Determination Anticipation Teamwork Stamina Tackling Strength

Center Midfield

Passing Workrate Determination First Touch Stamina Anticipation Off the ball

Attacking Midfield/ Centre Striker

Dribbling First Touch Creativity Off the ball Acceleration Pace Passing Finishing

Advanced Forward/ Left Right Striker

Finishing Dribbling First Touch Technique Off the Ball Flair Pace Strength Balance Composure

Hope that helps

if you go to oping post and just download the filters you be fine. but if not use these

Goalkeeper

Center backs

Fullbacks

Anchor Man

Center Midfield

Dribbling First Touch Creativity Off the ball Acceleration Pace Passing Finishing

Finishing Dribbling First Touch Technique Off the Ball Flair Pace Strength Balance Composure

Hope that helps

I personally find that Concentration and Decisions helps mostly central defenders, but probably the full backs and the defensive midefielder as well. Also, especially in the 4-1-2-1-2, Long Shots on the attacking midfielder and the midfielders are quite useful.

Hey Swash,

Just wondering... with this teamtalk system... which works great might I add... what do you do when it's a Champions League match? Is that counted as a cup game or a normal match? Also if there's complacency reported before a cup match do you say "Expect a win" or stick with For the Fans?

Cheers,

Kea

Yep,i just treat CL the same as a cup match, if there is complacency before a cup match I go for Expect a Win

Goalkeeper

Center backs

Fullbacks

Anchor Man

Center Midfield

Hope that helps

Thankyou for giving me this info

Does the classic tactic use Advanced forwards for left and right and the deep lying forward in the middle,,,,,,if so should i look for the same attributes that is required for the new mr hough and jp woody final version tactic???????

Does the classic tactic use Advanced forwards for left and right and the deep lying forward in the middle,,,,,,if so should i look for the same attributes that is required for the new mr hough and jp woody final version tactic???????

The settings are essentially the same in the classic version, so, yes, look for the same attributes.