Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

using the 4-1-2-3 unbeaten version. got a great result man u away won 8-1 but apart from that not finished high in the league.

Have a look at the players filters remember you need pace all over the pitch, The fullbacks push up and push the opposition into there own half but when the oppositon breaks you need pace so your players can get back in position quickly,

Heading is a big thing too make sure your back 4 have good jumping bravery and heading ability

Other than that just try and improve the squad, I'm sure it will come together

hi mr hough.

Im still working on that 4231 tactic.

well as I read, that the reason, you dont continue to finish the tactic is the bad defence, I though about asking you whether you can give me some tips how to create space and how to find the net.

My problem is exactly the opposite.

I can manage 0-0 drwas against inter milan, juventus and ac milan away with my palermo side, I do also dominate them considering statistics/possession, but I cant find one f***** chance or at least on shot on target.

My offence is so harmless, that I would be banged by every side, If I didnt have a very solid defence.

Maybe I could create a very good tactic, If you supported me by creating a working front 4.

hope you can help me as this will be my last try.

feel like I have to put my focus on creating a narrow tactic, since its really a shame, that you can get success by plaing a lonely forward/wingers

Your narrow 4-1-2-1-2 is amazing!

Won the championship with Forest scoring 124 goals and only losing twice

1st season in Prem i came 6th and just starting 3rd season now beat Sunderland and Arsenal 2-1 and 3-0 respectively, dont have a team of superstars by any means but things just seem to work!

Thanks! :o)

Mr H don't beat yourself up around the winger tactic, your 4-1-2-3 classic is just the best tactic I have have ever used since you could start doing your own tactics on CM/FM. It works in the Premier League and the Eastern Counties Lg 1 equally as well which is the sign of a good tactic.

i give up aswell on the defence with 4-4-2 formations......scoring goals is awesome and playin down the flanks easy ..but conceeding goals is a joke...i won promotion with derby scoring over 100 goals in the league but conceeded over 60 in my 1st season ..but defence is shocking....ill spend the rest of the week try to find something if i dont im goin to play SC2 untill fm 2011 comes out

Like your style gcs...........ive dug up a 4-4-2 formation from fm 2009 and recreated it for 2010 ... just started my season with derby in premier league and played 4 won 2 draw 2.......

2-2 vs man utd (H)

2-1 vs sunderland (h)

1-4 vs blackburn (A)

3-0 vs plymouth (h) Lg Cup

1-1 vs chelsea (a)

so things are going awesome....but i wont hold my breath lol

if its good enuff half way through the season ill release it

more results to follow

I think it is nice to see that Chelsea are now using your 4-1-2-3 formation which shows how great your tactic is!

so can anyone tell me where all the versions are in one place for this tactic and which patch they are for cos it is taking over 2 days to read trhu this .lol o and will it work for liverpool in the prem with normal squad no signings .????

so can anyone tell me where all the versions are in one place for this tactic and which patch they are for cos it is taking over 2 days to read trhu this .lol o and will it work for liverpool in the prem with normal squad no signings .????

All the tactics that mr hough has made are in the OP on the first page.

ok so i have now just downloaded the 10.3 patch so which one of the tactics should i go with and do i have to tweak it , im liverpool and was also thinking where to play gerrard in this tactic , altho m just testing this tac firsti will then go back to my staines town game and use it there .

ok so i have now just downloaded the 10.3 patch so which one of the tactics should i go with and do i have to tweak it , im liverpool and was also thinking where to play gerrard in this tactic , altho m just testing this tac firsti will then go back to my staines town game and use it there .

use the AVD MOD. no need to look back after that.

wow all i can say is wow 6 games in 6 wins just beat man utd 3 - 1 at old trafford and ngog and kuyt are seemingly better than torres lol . not sure wot AVD MOD means .lol, you will have to explain that one as i have only got the 4-1-2-3 tacic and that is defo working hahahaha wicked tactics cheers mr hough!!!!!!!!.

wow all i can say is wow 6 games in 6 wins just beat man utd 3 - 1 at old trafford and ngog and kuyt are seemingly better than torres lol . not sure wot AVD MOD means .lol, you will have to explain that one as i have only got the 4-1-2-3 tacic and that is defo working hahahaha wicked tactics cheers mr hough!!!!!!!!.

No worries bud.

amazing, in 17 games at Derby with this tactic i won 5, drew 2, and lost the rest, although I had the best defence in the division at this point, Dean Ashton and Kris commons both went without a goal in this time. sadly gave it up and finished the season with a lot more wins, tried it after starting my new job at forest, played 7, lost 7, for none, against 34 (from 36 shots on target), think for whatever reason this tactic just won't work for me, odd when their is so much success from everyone else!

Nope i'm afraid not, I have been trying but i can't make it stable in defence.

My main problem with all winger tactics I have tried is scoring goals. In fact all my winger tactics work better defensively since it's easier to close down the opposition fullbacks, but offensively, the wide forwards work so much better as right/left ST or AMC than wingers. Plus, the wide play options in the current FM (cut inside etc) are plain horrible, and playing from the flanks seems less effective compared to playing through the middle.

My main problem with all winger tactics I have tried is scoring goals. In fact all my winger tactics work better defensively since it's easier to close down the opposition fullbacks, but offensively, the wide forwards work so much better as right/left ST or AMC than wingers. Plus, the wide play options in the current FM (cut inside etc) are plain horrible, and playing from the flanks seems less effective compared to playing through the middle.

Could you send me a PM of your winger tactic with the best defence you can make it and i'll apply my attack to it hopefully it'll work.

Could you send me a PM of your winger tactic with the best defence you can make it and i'll apply my attack to it hopefully it'll work.

I haven't used wingers in a while, I did however have a couple of tactics for previous patches. I tried one of them last night in a few matches and it didn't work (defensively) as well as it used to, so I'll take a couple of days to fix it and adjust it to 10.3 and I'll PM you as soon as possible.

Sorry to see Mr Hough kinda disappointed with himself, though he shouldn't be, as his original is still cracking the FM2010 engine with ease.

Check this slideshow of my first game for the season against the last season's second placed team.

http://img72.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=panathinaikosvaris.png

Just for your interest.This is 2017 and the AI has started to adapt with better players and tactics.

Sorry to see Mr Hough kinda disappointed with himself, though he shouldn't be, as his original is still cracking the FM2010 engine with ease.

Check this slideshow of my first game for the season against the last season's second placed team.

http://img72.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=panathinaikosvaris.png

Just for your interest.This is 2017 and the AI has started to adapt with better players and tactics.

It's just frustrating about the ME being dominated by narrow formations, I really wanted to make a tactic with wingers but i haven't been able to that has a solid defence.

mr.hough, I have a solid defence, when I tried to create one, I always tested it against inter away and I often managed to keep a clean sheet without any ccc.

the problem was, that I couldnt create myself too^^

its so ennoying, I often have a possession of 60%+ but cant score.

if you want, I can send you my tactic per pm and you could have a look at it.

btw. to create a solid defence, you dont just need to look at your back four, but also have to consider d-line,team width and formation but also midfield and their marking/closing down options.

from my experiences, no matter, which system you play, keep the individual of your defenders and midfield very close.

me myself for example, always wanted to play with a deep back line but was also following an attacking strategy.

I set the mentality of my stoper to 5 and closing down to 7 and the mentality of my most defensive dm was 13+closing down 13.

so what I noticed was, that my two DMCs run towards to close down the opponent near to the center half, and my defenders where sitting miles away in their own third, so the opposition striker just needed to drop deep, was unmarked and had a lot of time, to wait for a run of his teammate and play the killer ball.

but now the difference between my defenders' and midfielders' mentality isnt that much anymore and I can really observe, how my midfield loses the battle, but my stoper recovers it immediately, since hes right behind them.

but playing with a deeper line isnt really helpful, since you just invite the opposition for dangerous long shouts.

its so disgusting, the two goals I conceded came from hollywood long shots.

mr.hough, I have a solid defence, when I tried to create one, I always tested it against inter away and I often managed to keep a clean sheet without any ccc.

the problem was, that I couldnt create myself too^^

its so ennoying, I often have a possession of 60%+ but cant score.

if you want, I can send you my tactic per pm and you could have a look at it.

btw. to create a solid defence, you dont just need to look at your back four, but also have to consider d-line,team width and formation but also midfield and their marking/closing down options.

from my experiences, no matter, which system you play, keep the individual of your defenders and midfield very close.

me myself for example, always wanted to play with a deep back line but was also following an attacking strategy.

I set the mentality of my stoper to 5 and closing down to 7 and the mentality of my most defensive dm was 13+closing down 13.

so what I noticed was, that my two DMCs run towards to close down the opponent near to the center half, and my defenders where sitting miles away in their own third, so the opposition striker just needed to drop deep, was unmarked and had a lot of time, to wait for a run of his teammate and play the killer ball.

but now the difference between my defenders' and midfielders' mentality isnt that much anymore and I can really observe, how my midfield loses the battle, but my stoper recovers it immediately, since hes right behind them.

but playing with a deeper line isnt really helpful, since you just invite the opposition for dangerous long shouts.

its so disgusting, the two goals I conceded came from hollywood long shots.

Yeah no worries mate send it me.

This tactic is increaible, you just need to get the sliders right on team settings in every start of season and turn of year (time where AI adjust to the tactic). Once you get the settings right, it is by far the best tactic. Admitely it does takes a couple of games to get it right or maybe even longer, but it's worth it a the end. I managed to get a 35 games winning streak conceding just 5 goals in the process. I dominated possession and all the chances, so defence turned out to be not as important.

This tactic is increaible, you just need to get the sliders right on team settings in every start of season and turn of year (time where AI adjust to the tactic). Once you get the settings right, it is by far the best tactic. Admitely it does takes a couple of games to get it right or maybe even longer, but it's worth it a the end. I managed to get a 35 games winning streak conceding just 5 goals in the process. I dominated possession and all the chances, so defence turned out to be not as important.

which tactic you talking about?

mr hough.

ive finally done it^^.

4231 with two DMCs is working perfectly.

i dominate each match, can create lots of good opportunities.

just have to wait the end of the season, to get sure, that the it cant get cracked by the AI.

am gonna upload some screens later.

thx for your help, without your tips for the striker's and wingers' mentality,wide play and cf instructions, I couldnt get done it.

I am using cut insider for both wingers+rfd often, with the right tempo and time play settings, its pretty deadly and theyre getting very often into advanced positions.

anyway, screens will come later....

upload the tactic :S

well I could upload it, if mr hough wants it, since its his thread.

well my biggest problem is not the defence, holding possession or creating chances, but more finding the net.

I am going to upload some screenshots of my game statistics, I have games, in which Ive managed to creat 5-6 ccc, 24 shots, 15 on target and so on but just scored twice and this is really getting on my nerves, since its nearly every game, unless my players dont catch a superb day and can manage to score every good chance.

my poor amc lol, when my wingers and striker would only hit the half of the chances they get, I think my amc would have now more than 20 assissts in just 7-8 games without exaggerating.

what you think, I can do?

I thought one reason could be, that my wingers dont have good stats in finishing, since pedro leon has composure and finishing 11, hazard 9 in finishing and marveaux 11 aswell.

but Ive also bellamy, who has 14 in finishing and 16 composure, playing on both wings and he himself can make the impossible and cant find the target from 3-4 metres.

always shooting at the keeper.

so does anyone know, how I can solve this problem?

my team moral is superb and I have no unhappy players in the squad.

some examples:

palermo1o.jpg

palermo2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

palermo3.jpg

well I could upload it, if mr hough wants it, since its his thread.

well my biggest problem is not the defence, holding possession or creating chances, but more finding the net.

I am going to upload some screenshots of my game statistics, I have games, in which Ive managed to creat 5-6 ccc, 24 shots, 15 on target and so on but just scored twice and this is really getting on my nerves, since its nearly every game, unless my players dont catch a superb day and can manage to score every good chance.

my poor amc lol, when my wingers and striker would only hit the half of the chances they get, I think my amc would have now more than 20 assissts in just 7-8 games without exaggerating.

what you think, I can do?

I thought one reason could be, that my wingers dont have good stats in finishing, since pedro leon has composure and finishing 11, hazard 9 in finishing and marveaux 11 aswell.

but Ive also bellamy, who has 14 in finishing and 16 composure, playing on both wings and he himself can make the impossible and cant find the target from 3-4 metres.

always shooting at the keeper.

so does anyone know, how I can solve this problem?

my team moral is superb and I have no unhappy players in the squad.

some examples:

palermo1o.jpg

palermo2.jpg

palermo3.jpg

Send me a PM of the tactic and i'll see if i can beef up the attack, I have no problem scoring at all in my winger tactics, Dan Gosling has 5 goals in 9 Games from the right wing

mr.hough you have a pm^^

edit: well might be a little bit early, but thought, when you dont have dangerous finishers on your wings like messi, c.ronaldo and robben, than what about trying to consider your best finisher (striker) as the first option for the final pass?

so I chosed cardozo as target man with play balls into his run (unfortunately dont know the english term)

and see there, first ten minutes 2 shots in the opposition third, one was blocked and the other one hit the target.

hope this can help.

cause theoretically it sounds very logic to me

edit²: didnt really help, as it just caused, that my players began playing 60 yard hollywood balls to him.

well, I guess it has more with my players' attributes to do, than the tacitc.

btw. mr hough, setting the marking options of the two DMCs from tight man to tight zonal really helps to stabilize the midfield!!!

thx for the effort. hope it pays off. i've tried too unsuccessfully to bring Wingers into tactics. I have restricted myself to just 1 inside forward, with the other winger playing wide.

my problem is the defence. i can score 2 or 3 goals per game, but then also let in as many.

Agree with kenek. The links for the player filters seems to be broken on filefront. I managed to get Middle striker, Left and Right striker and centre defender down. The others are broken. It would be much appreciated if someone took time to put them up again. Haven't played this game for a while and want to test this tactic.

Agree with kenek. The links for the player filters seems to be broken on filefront. I managed to get Middle striker, Left and Right striker and centre defender down. The others are broken. It would be much appreciated if someone took time to put them up again. Haven't played this game for a while and want to test this tactic.

okey... i dident get any... :S