Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

youve out done yourself again dave using the zico tweak with arsenal

won lcup fapl and in facup final also a little thing of spam city in the cl semi final to go

unbeaten all season so far shades of the invincibleness 3 more matches to go in the league

played 30 drew 5 unbeaten since aug 17 im gona equal the professor with you tactic and maybe surpass

Thanks Mr. Hough. Back to back promotions with Southampton in my first two seasons using your tactics. 3rd season i finished 9th in the Prem. Fourth season I was top for so long but only took 1 point from my final 3 games, finishing 3rd.

Very good tactic.

hi,

i've just started to use this tactic (gcs beta wizard version), which comes with high recommendation, great work btw.

I must admit that I'm not an expert in tactics , so I have a small questions :

My ass man , which has 16 at tactical knowledge is telling me that : "the opposition are gaining far too much time and space between our attackers and midfielders because there is too much room to be found there"

I must admit that I don't have world class players, I'm playing with a top team from Romania, Rapid Bucharest, so you can imagine my squad stats and skills.

Should I ignore his advice, or tweek the tactic a little bit. If i need to do so, please advice me!

Thank you!

Is "coner bug" included in your GCS version, Mr Hough?

One of my DC scored 11 a season from coners, is it normal?

No offence, just wanna confirm.

No it is not. It is just set to far post with the DC attacking it.

now, which is the best version of beta wizard, classic, beta wizard V2, gcs version, and winger version of roftleo???

It depends on your team there all excellent tactics and you will have success with all of them

Yesterday started to make winged tactic, so far not so bad, need to improve wingers and defence. Its 4-1-3-2, with DM,AMC,AML,AMR.

5uol8w.png

edit; its based on Mr.H v1

edit2;bit lucky but still win.

r0bamh.png

I've tried these tactics over 3 different saves with Sunderland.

1st Save used the version that somebody posted using the corner bug , I scrapped the save in Febuary because I found it very unrealistic.

2nd Save used GCS version followed My Assistant managers advice on who to sign and used bubbarays teamtalks and finished 7th (not bad)

3rd Save (current) Using 10.3 classic and using Wolfsongs teamtalks ,and signing players using mr houghs attribute guide. I was doing Ok scoring for fun but conceding a silly amount .

Then after a silly defeat to one of the lower teams I had a look at the analaysis of the match and found that one of my full backs had a poor passing/completed ratio and poor headers/won ratio. I then had a look at my fullback who I had picked (signed on basis of attributes needed).

ferrera.jpg

The following game I replaced him With the only defender I had who was better at Heading and Passing. The last 15 games of season after this change I only lost twice beating Liverpool (H) 3-1 and Man Utd (A) 3-1 in the process. And we ended up finishing 3rd in the league.

table-2.jpg

I'm loving FM10 again thanks to MR Hough as usuall but from now on when I sign a full back I will still follow hough's attributes but I will also add PASSING 13 and JUMPING or HEADING 15...As it seemed to make a massive difference to my season. Crosses seemed more easier to cope with and hitting teams on the counter with decent passing fullbacks who can put a good through ball into one of the strikers.

I've tried these tactics over 3 different saves with Sunderland.

1st Save used the version that somebody posted using the corner bug , I scrapped the save in Febuary because I found it very unrealistic.

2nd Save used GCS version followed My Assistant managers advice on who to sign and used bubbarays teamtalks and finished 7th (not bad)

3rd Save (current) Using 10.3 classic and using Wolfsongs teamtalks ,and signing players using mr houghs attribute guide. I was doing Ok scoring for fun but conceding a silly amount .

Then after a silly defeat to one of the lower teams I had a look at the analaysis of the match and found that one of my full backs had a poor passing/completed ratio and poor headers/won ratio. I then had a look at my fullback who I had picked (signed on basis of attributes needed).

ferrera.jpg

The following game I replaced him With the only defender I had who was better at Heading and Passing. The last 15 games of season after this change I only lost twice beating Liverpool (H) 3-1 and Man Utd (A) 3-1 in the process. And we ended up finishing 3rd in the league.

table-2.jpg

I'm loving FM10 again thanks to MR Hough as usuall but from now on when I sign a full back I will still follow hough's attributes but I will also add PASSING 13 and JUMPING or HEADING 15...As it seemed to make a massive difference to my season. Crosses seemed more easier to cope with and hitting teams on the counter with decent passing fullbacks who can put a good through ball into one of the strikers.

Thats strange that the fullback was the main issue of the tactic going wrong, Oh well glad you sorted it in the end.

Has anyone got any good OIs to use woth this tactic?

I use 'Tight Marking' and 'Show onto Weaker Foot' on the opponents Fullbacks and Wingers.

I may try 'Tight Marking' on the strikers, but It may unsettle the tactic. What do you think Mr Hough?

I'm using GC's version, with a AMC :thup:

Has anyone got any good OIs to use woth this tactic?

I use 'Tight Marking' and 'Show onto Weaker Foot' on the opponents Fullbacks and Wingers.

I may try 'Tight Marking' on the strikers, but It may unsettle the tactic. What do you think Mr Hough?

I'm using GC's version, with a AMC :thup:

You could try closing down but i'd be careful cos if it's applied to much there be gaps where you team is running to close a player down, It's tricky OI's I used to always go with tight marking and closing down on all wide players and strikers and that worked so try that.

You could try closing down but i'd be careful cos if it's applied to much there be gaps where you team is running to close a player down, It's tricky OI's I used to always go with tight marking and closing down on all wide players and strikers and that worked so try that.

Okay thanks :)

What do you think gcs?

Um... I agree, thats why i lost 16 goals in 12 matches i was using it too much and then my defence *#*$(#)$ up. Its good when u use it wisely.

I've been using 'Tight Marking' on their Strikers and so far so good :thup:

Tempo: Max on the slider 20: Let´s get this game flying.........

Passing: Max on the slider = long ball 20. But this is due to the fact that I have a very poor quality side (probably the poorest in the whole world). I still don´t know how these circus-clowns ever found their way into the EPL, after the first game I thought that they had recently been promoted from the Conference due to some technicality. So you can imagine the shock when I found out that they had been playing in the EPL for years!

Width: Narrow 1. This is due to the "You must sit down to wee otherwise you´ll miss the toilet" theory.

Closing down: Lowest on the slider 1. You might be wondering about this, but it has all to do with the "Park the Bus" theme which I will enforce later in the tactics. I get as many players behind the ball as I can so I can keep a good block on the opponents' view of my goal.

helps keep clean sheets

sorry for asking, but are you possibly looking into making a 4-1-2-1-2 formation?

I am using the gcs version in the OP, but I moved the ST deep lying forward to the AMC attacking midfielder position. the results have been great, however sometimes i struggle a lot against strong teams (playing with Juve).

sorry for asking, but are you possibly looking into making a 4-1-2-1-2 formation?

I am using the gcs version in the OP, but I moved the ST deep lying forward to the AMC attacking midfielder position. the results have been great, however sometimes i struggle a lot against strong teams (playing with Juve).

Yeah i'll be back on the 4-1-2-1-2 when i have finished the winger tactic i'm working on

Try these OIs :)

Tight Marking: Fullbacks (FBR/L or WBR/L), Wingers (MR/L or AMR/L) and Strikers.

Show onto Foot: Fullbacks (FBR/L or WBR/L) and Wingers (MR/L or AMR/L). To do this effectivly, I put the Right sided players (RB, MR and AMR) onto their left foot. Then the Same for the left sided players, being shown onto their right foot. This means that they are encouage to cut inside. Where You have a lot of men, and wil be able to win the ball back :D

If you do use them, tell me how they go. Thanks.

Then a message to everyone regarding this thread :),

I have been using gcs version with PSV (Holland), with the central ST moved down to AMC. Also by using the following OIs (shown above), I have managd to have great success. The 'link up play' between the AMC and the 2 strikers is great and a joy to watch. By using this I have done the following:

First Season

•League Champions

•Dutch Cup Runners-Up (Played a Youth Team in the Final :rolleyes:)

•Euro Cup Qaurter-Finals (Beating the likes of Valencia and Everton)

Second Season

•Currently Top of the League (and Cruising)

•In the Group Stages of the Champoins League, and will most likely go through to the 1st knockout. Juts have to beat AEK Athans at Home (Easy!). Have Wolfsburg and Barcelona also in my group, and I should of beaten BArcelona if it hadn't of been for a Amazing Xavi goal in the 85th miniute!

•Still in the Cup, whle using my Youth Team

My Tips for Using it

•Have Fast Stikers and I promise you will do well. This tactic seems to be insane on the Counter attack.

•Have a 'Dirty' player as your DMC, you is very aggresive. He breaks up the play. I have Mahamadou Diarra.

•Have a AMC who can score, not neccarsaraly Skillful. Lampard would be great as he can also assist.

•HAve Fullbacks who can attack well, but also a plus is that they can header. They will often get forward and attack the far post for a header.

•A plus is to have someone who can header in either the 2 FCs or the AMC. Not necarsarry, but helps.

hi,

i've just started to use this tactic (gcs beta wizard version), which comes with high recommendation, great work btw.

I must admit that I'm not an expert in tactics , so I have a small questions :

My ass man , which has 16 at tactical knowledge is telling me that : "the opposition are gaining far too much time and space between our attackers and midfielders because there is too much room to be found there"

I must admit that I don't have world class players, I'm playing with a top team from Romania, Rapid Bucharest, so you can imagine my squad stats and skills.

Should I ignore his advice, or tweek the tactic a little bit. If i need to do so, please advice me!

Thank you!

Hi again,

can someonee please help me with this ,thanks!

Thanks corkey, will try them out and let you know how it goes...

Another thing I noticed... near the end of the season (im in mid april now), players condition drops faster than in the beginning of the season, because of fatigue i imagine, thus in the last 10 matches I leaked more goals than in the first 25 matches I played till february...

Hey Corkey!

I'm also using the gcs, great tactic by the way, but do you change the settings on the ST when moving him down to AMC?

Nice results with PSV! :)

Thanks!

Nope. He basically acts as a striker but he also tracks back and puts pressure on the oppositon Midfield a lot. ie. When playing against Real Madrid, your AMC would close down Xabi Alonso :)

Thanks corkey, will try them out and let you know how it goes...

Another thing I noticed... near the end of the season (im in mid april now), players condition drops faster than in the beginning of the season, because of fatigue i imagine, thus in the last 10 matches I leaked more goals than in the first 25 matches I played till february...

It's all about Squad Rotation in the new Patches :thup:

I rest my top 3 best players, when playing a Home game against Easy opponents :thup:, therfore keeping them fresh for tough Away games.

quite a few tactics flying about so any ideas on what one would be best for Rushden and Diamonds? and a link if poss. Cheers in advance

I would reccomend what I said to 'The Bombmer'. ABout the gcs' tactic with a AMC. Having a look at the Individuals Instructions, there seems to not be too much Creative Freedom :thup:

Try these OIs :)

Tight Marking: Fullbacks (FBR/L or WBR/L), Wingers (MR/L or AMR/L) and Strikers.

Show onto Foot: Fullbacks (FBR/L or WBR/L) and Wingers (MR/L or AMR/L). To do this effectivly, I put the Right sided players (RB, MR and AMR) onto their left foot. Then the Same for the left sided players, being shown onto their right foot. This means that they are encouage to cut inside. Where You have a lot of men, and wil be able to win the ball back :D

If you do use them, tell me how they go. Thanks.

Then a message to everyone regarding this thread :),

I have been using gcs version with PSV (Holland), with the central ST moved down to AMC. Also by using the following OIs (shown above), I have managd to have great success. The 'link up play' between the AMC and the 2 strikers is great and a joy to watch. By using this I have done the following:

First Season

•League Champions

•Dutch Cup Runners-Up (Played a Youth Team in the Final :rolleyes:)

•Euro Cup Qaurter-Finals (Beating the likes of Valencia and Everton)

Second Season

•Currently Top of the League (and Cruising)

•In the Group Stages of the Champoins League, and will most likely go through to the 1st knockout. Juts have to beat AEK Athans at Home (Easy!). Have Wolfsburg and Barcelona also in my group, and I should of beaten BArcelona if it hadn't of been for a Amazing Xavi goal in the 85th miniute!

•Still in the Cup, whle using my Youth Team

My Tips for Using it

•Have Fast Stikers and I promise you will do well. This tactic seems to be insane on the Counter attack.

•Have a 'Dirty' player as your DMC, you is very aggresive. He breaks up the play. I have Mahamadou Diarra.

•Have a AMC who can score, not neccarsaraly Skillful. Lampard would be great as he can also assist.

•HAve Fullbacks who can attack well, but also a plus is that they can header. They will often get forward and attack the far post for a header.

•A plus is to have someone who can header in either the 2 FCs or the AMC. Not necarsarry, but helps.

Just to Update you all, I am now through to the First Knockout Stages of the Champoins League, and I also just won 2-0 Away against Ajax

That means I have done the double over them this season!

A big thank for for Mr Hough for restoring my faith in this game. I've tried the Classic, Beta, and the GSC versions at Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 with great success. My biggest achievment taking my home town club Grimsby Town to the Championship from League 2 in consecutive seasons with very limited resources. The best tactic by far. Keep up the good work!

A big thank for for Mr Hough for restoring my faith in this game. I've tried the Classic, Beta, and the GSC versions at Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 with great success. My biggest achievment taking my home town club Grimsby Town to the Championship from League 2 in consecutive seasons with very limited resources. The best tactic by far. Keep up the good work!

Yeah he owes me a contribution..... Never played FM10 for so long as the last couple of days now its cost me £20 to put in my gf's online bingo account to keep her off my back so i can carry on with my sunderland save :)