Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

A big thank for for Mr Hough for restoring my faith in this game. I've tried the Classic, Beta, and the GSC versions at Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 with great success. My biggest achievment taking my home town club Grimsby Town to the Championship from League 2 in consecutive seasons with very limited resources. The best tactic by far. Keep up the good work!

I'd have to agree, with tactic I have managed to do my longest Save on FM10. Patch 10.2 was dreadful, and although Patch 10.3 isn't perfect, I feel that the football this tactic produces is great and successful :thup::)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To Mr. Hough, GCS and All the people trying this tactic :

-> Which tactic (Beta Wizard v2 or GCS version) have you had the most success with ? Which is better in defence , which is better in attack and which is the most balanced ?

Cheers

-> Which tactic (Beta Wizard v2 or GCS version) have you had the most success with ? Which is better in defence , which is better in attack and which is the most balanced ?

Cheers

gcs' seems to be more attacking :thup: As it has aggressive Fullbacks you will commit to attacks.

started in july 2009 with afc wimbledon in the blue sq prem.

using my own tactic by 2016/17 i made the prem to get relegated.

got back to the prem by 2018/19 where i finished 9th

next season 2019/20 i finished a solid 3rd.

then: i switched to houghs 10.3 classic tactic.

season 2020/21with this tactic i managed to win the prem 98 pts 109 goals. champions league R madrid 1-5 Afc wimbledon FINAL

this tactic is amazing. and currently winning prem again and got offered brazil job gettin ready for WC success

Cheers

GCS version is more aggressive, and better on attacking.

I'm testing the winger formation that i have made with aston villa just hit january and john carew has just come 3rd in the european Striker of the year awards.

I find that pretty amazing cos he isn't a great striker really, He's scored 11 goals in 13 Prem games not bad.

Im currently playing with Liverpool, top of the league, undefeated in 20 odd games. Using the classic tactics, im scoring for fun and winning games, however i do seem to be conceding. Any tips?

what is ur defenders pace mate? in the classic tactic ive found it helpful if u have pacey defenders

I'm testing the winger formation that i have made with aston villa just hit january and john carew has just come 3rd in the european Striker of the year awards.

I find that pretty amazing cos he isn't a great striker really, He's scored 11 goals in 13 Prem games not bad.

What formation is that using then? 4-2-4?

sounds like it is coming along well

what is ur defenders pace mate? in the classic tactic ive found it helpful if u have pacey defenders

I find that when I'm 2 goals ahead maybe less..come the hour mark I increase D line higher and sometimes play offside or CA and this seems to work for me as regards conceding less! :D

Just finished 5th with Blackburn first season. 1 point off 4th gutted. The board have given me £500k to spend how nice! luckly they did expand the stadium by 5000 seats. but who can I buy seriously i'm stuck. GCS version by the way

Played gcs tactic for my first season with Man Utd, and won the league. Great tactic for winning, but for me only one of my strikers ever performs well. Wayned Rooney scored a ridiculous 49 league goals in 38 games. However, Michael Owen scored 1 in 17, Andre-Pierre Gignac scored 1 in 35, Berbatov scored 0 in 19, and Macheda scored 2 in 14 so 4 players managed 4 goals in 85 combined games.

If anyone has any tips on getting my strikers to score with these tactics i would be most grateful.

Big thanks to Mr Hough and fellows for developing these tactics. I tried two of them (GCS and Classic) and the latter one seems to be more solid for me. I played six consecutive games with both of them and these are my results with Arsenal:

Classic: 5 won, 0 drawn, 1 lost, 19 for, 5 against, goal difference +14

GCS: 4 won, 1 drawn, 1 lost, 13 for, 6 against, goal difference +7

I haven't tried Beta Wizard v2 tactic. In my opinion, both are good and recommended but the Classic version is perhaps more polished.

Mr Hough,

Gaz formerly of SI here, could you let me know which tactic is the best for 10.3 (i'm West Ham) also what shouts and what opp instructions and anything else i need to know.

Thanks mate.

I was using your previous 10.2 tactic which was World Class

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=401958

Hi lads, hope you can help..

Using the 10.3 Classic Tactic and conceding a ridiculous amount of goals.. No problem scoring, but conceding is a joke.

Im Villa,

Last few results.

Villa 2-0 Liverpool

Villa 1-0 Man Utd

Blackburn 5-4 Villa

Man City 4-2 Villa

Villa 6-2 Burnley

Was going lovely, but conceding 11 in 3 is a bit much for a team that kept clean sheets against Utd and L'Pool..

Cuellar, Warnock, Davies & Dunne back 4.

Any advice? Cheers guys.

Using the 10.3 Classic Tactic and conceding a ridiculous amount of goals.. No problem scoring, but conceding is a joke.

Im Villa,

Last few results.

Villa 2-0 Liverpool

Villa 1-0 Man Utd

Blackburn 5-4 Villa

Man City 4-2 Villa

Villa 6-2 Burnley

Was going lovely, but conceding 11 in 3 is a bit much for a team that kept clean sheets against Utd and L'Pool..

Any advice? Cheers guys.

I'm playing as Villa testing a new tactic and i've noticed that the defence is very suspect, Warnock especially concentration lapses and bad positioning are his specialty.

When i have finished making my winger tactic i'll have a look at the classics defence and see if i can release a version 2 for the classic.

I'm playing as Villa testing a new tactic and i've noticed that the defence is very suspect, Warnock especially concentration lapses and bad positioning are his specialty.

When i have finished making my winger tactic i'll have a look at the classics defence and see if i can release a version 2 for the classic.

Lovely, thanks a lot mate.. Much appreciated. Fantastic tactic by the way, just incredible.

Im Villa,

Last few results.

Villa 2-0 Liverpool

Villa 1-0 Man Utd

Blackburn 5-4 Villa

Man City 4-2 Villa

Villa 6-2 Burnley

Any advice? Cheers guys.

Here's an advice , when you have leadership in 60/70 minutes of the game change Time wasting to maximum and Defensive line a bit deep if u think you're going to get lose...

1 goal leadership in 60/70 and u havent domination set Defensive line to 0, if you have 2 goals leadership then leave Defensive line settings as they are, your choice....

Mr Hough, im having another storming season using an older version of your tactic. im not trying to criticize or anything close to that but isn't it the best tactic compare to all the current version. its the version call "10.3 best far better defence" for Everton if you still remember.

already secured 5 consecutive league title...

5hlnln2n1i6zyuqief61.jpg

Im using classic 10.3 with sunderland sherica .. do u find darren bent is just class as the central striker. I'm in season 2 and he already got 16 goals in 13

yup. but usually i play a target-man kind of ST for the central striker role. i tend to stick Bent on the left. but it dont really matter much as all 3 ST role should get 30+ goals per season.

I'm happy to say that testing on the Winger formation is coming along excellently, Unfortinatly i can't put a date on when i will be releasing it but it will be shortly over the next week if things keep going well.

I've uploaded a match for you to have a look at how the team plays in the winger formation.

I'm playing as Real Madrid and this is litrally a quick half season test with them to see how the tactic performs with a very strong team.

http://www.filefront.com/16011735/R.%20Madrid%20v%20Espanyol%20Highlights..pkm

You need to save the file in the 'Matches' Folder so it's Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Matches.

To load up the Highlights Match when you start FM you get the New Game - Load Game well at the bottom of the screen you will see a tab that says matches click on that and load the Highlights Match up.

can you put this version as beta on pls man?? i am just shocked about your wingers cut in like cr9 and own everyone :D

Thing is Real madrid have a awesome team with some of the best players in the world so i'm not taking this test seriously, I'm just doing it to see how it performs with a top top team.

I don't think there is anything to pick between all the 10.3 versions on the OP. I rotate them all and they are all awesome. (I drop middle striker to AMC position for all versions)

Mr Hough has got FM2010 well and truly sussed like nobody else!

HI Guys, First of all cracking thread! Great ideas in here. I am wondering 2 things.

1 - has anyone tried moving the DMC to AMC ?? If so what setting did you use and was it successful, whilst having some success in FML i am finding it not as prolific as described above in standard FM. I was wondering if a shift of DMC to AMC whilst leaving me exposed at times might create those extra chances my forward currently are not getting.

2 - As my main play time in in FML and not FM the manager to manager tactical battle is much more intense. HAs anyone tried or been successful in creating an ANTI-HOUGH tactic? One that is able to exploit the weaknesses in this tactic? Would certainly be interesting to see that tactic and how it works as I have historically always played through my wingers. and this Hough tactic whilst very strong does make me feel a little limited in my tactical decisions in game. An alternate wide / winger anti-hough tactic would allow for more manager flexibility in those hard to win games.

Anything anyone can share is greatly appreciated.

hey guys if any of the 3 tactics from the OP is not working for you, try this...

its is also from Mr Hough but is an older version. i been using it since 10.3 and are having unparalleled success. also NO tweaking is needed~

http://www.filefront.com/15952299/10.3-best-far-Better--Defence-Sunderland-Mar-2014.tac/

but Mr Hough if you are against this just tell me, i'll remove it. no problem!

this is us-full

Defend the Flanks (useful against wide formations if you are narrow)

Play Wider, Push Up, Target Wingers and FBs in OI instructions, Exploit the Middle (holds a higher, wider line in the final third to make getting round the back more difficult and attacks down the middle on the counter)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=171637

why tactics wouldnt work, if doesnt working for somebody cos maybe that guy is bad MANAGER, cos im currently playing with Barca (10.3 classic) 17games 17victory only 8 conceded for now....Akinfeev didnt get a gol in 630min, I think you know math and know thats calculate to 7 games....my defence is superior(05goals per match)....this is the best tactic in FM2010, so if ure bad manager there is no tactic with which one u can won something.....

Mr.Hough

I support you in creating a winger tactic....and just keep going!!!!:)

Which one of the tactics works well against the big teams? Tried both CGS and classic version, lost against chelsea every time. Also, with cgs, i played 3-3 at Shity while with the classic i won with 3-0. 2 different saves, practically same transfers. Playing as Arsenal.

Is it a good idea to play for example, classic (balanced attack/defense) at home and against smaller teams and Beta wiz (defensive) away at big teams?

its only 3 letters... its gcs.

Also dont expect u load this tactic and win every match 1337-0. Tactics is not everything, take a look on morale, team talks, and so ...

What a shame 3-3!!!111oneone, and oh i forgot u can load your game and play till u win. Coz thats the way isnt it ?