The Huddersfield Town Thread FM10

jsdceltic

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, not quite sure why. Southampton should have no trouble avoiding relegation, as usual. I actually expect Millwall to overtake me, they are a tough side and beat me 2-1. I was gutted about that result because the team had a great second half. :(

Just played Millwall, and went into HT 1-0 up. My team crumbled after though, with me losing 3-1 in the end. I was playing my backup GK, who's as good as Smithies, but my two CBs were awful in the 2nd half. My great start to the league (9 straight wins) has now ended, and Leeds go into the lead having won 9 and drew 1.

Booth has already found Zaragoza, and Davenport would be here too long before playing. Just scouting Ward now. Hoping to secure Lee Naylor to come in at LB so I can shift one of the others (probably Heffernan).

Currently looks as if this squad should be enough to see me get 1st/2nd in the league, and then I can pick up some freebies at the end of the season.

Aye, it appears he moved from River for £85k. I'm a couple of months too late.

Unlucky mate. Quality player. Will usually sign for most teams in league 2 upwards and a few in the BSP. Hes Premiership quality as well. Did he move to Vasco by any chance. Hes one of the 1st players I try to buy but most of the time he goes to Vasco now.

To my surprise i was actually given 35 mill to avoid relegation, i chose to spend it wisely rather then go crazy:

Transfers In

Jordan Spence - 3.5 M

Chris Basham - 500 K

Micheal Potts - 400 K

Marc Albrighton - 1.5 M

Ravel Morrison - Free

Harry Kane - Free

Robbie Brady - Free

Johan Blonbou - Free

Transfers Out

Aload of frees and a few loans

1zchmjs.png

We was right in a relegation scrap at the beggining of December but after a 3-2 loss to Newcastle after being 2-0 up, we won 4 games in a row including wins over Spurs and Loserpool. We then carried of this form my grinding out 1-0 wins, 0-0 draws and few 1-0 losses which propelled us up the table, we even capped a fantastic season with a 1-0 victory over Manure on the last day of the season! Delighted with the defensive side of things, attack wasnt too good though.

r2kv2o.png

It was another dissapointing season in the Cups as we lost 2-0 to Bolton in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup and 1-0 to Southend in the FA Cup 3rd round!

EDIT - Galpharm stadium is being increased by 5000 seats at the cost of 6 mill aswell!

14 :D They deserved a chance after getting me back to back promos:thup: though most of them arent good enough.

I have only 1 full international in my team , Collins, and 10 u21's that can only bode well for the future, including new ones ive just got this new season. My whole team is entirely English and Irish aswell, except for Marton Fulop who i signed on a free to backup Smithies.

Another season bites the dust:

2iw7dqh.png

We improved on last year thanks to West Hams point deduction, but we finished with less points, less goals scored and more goals conceeded.

Another terrible outing in the League Cup saw us lose 2-1 to Southampton in the 3rd round. We done quite well in the FA Cup though reaching the 6th round before being spanked by Chelsea.

Id also like to point out Tony Mowbray took the title back to Anfield lol.

Ive already agreed the future transfers of Jack Wilshere (5 M) and Danny Welbeck (5.5 M) for next season which im very excited about. I think ill probably have a good old clear out aswell as half my squad isnt good enough for this level, im also thinkin about swtiching back to a 4-4-2.

Joe Seddon

2nga2k5.png

Well, I have good and bad news. I won League 1 comfortably but now only have £65k to spend on transfers, what am I supposed to do? I tried asking for more but apparently the club cannot afford to increase it.

How mch is your wage budget. This is what i would do shift all your transfer budget to wages and look for frees and loans(young players(under 24s) where you dont have to pay any wages. You can four long term from England. Also look at teams in Scotland for long term loans (same as England) as they dont cost anything). Add a few frees and loans and with your current squad you should be able to achieve top half maybe even play-offs.

How mch is your wage budget. This is what i would do shift all your transfer budget to wages and look for frees and loans(young players(under 24s) where you dont have to pay any wages. You can four long term from England. Also look at teams in Scotland for long term loans (same as England) as they dont cost anything). Add a few frees and loans and with your current squad you should be able to achieve top half maybe even play-offs.

Yeah, I have shifted it a bit but it turns out the chairman has just invested 1.7m into the club to help meaning my transfer budget has increased to 415k :)

NF You have a game with Huddersfield going? I have one going with Leeds, its too easy, so I'll start one with the Terriers in a bit :cool:

No I started with them on the demo and continued it through. I got back to back promotions. Then i tried again with them and got promoted. It isnt that hard tbh. Most of the squad is quality already. The main thing i would do when/if you start a game with them is make sure you extend Smithies, Novak, Peltier and Rhodes contracts till 2014. Sign Nathan Tyson from Forest for £300k(hes beast at League 1 level and Championship sometimes). Look to add one more Centre back to your team. and a few central midfielders and your sorted. If you do let us know how you get on and sorry if I have spolit it for you.

No I started with them on the demo and continued it through. I got back to back promotions. Then i tried again with them and got promoted. It isnt that hard tbh. Most of the squad is quality already. The main thing i would do when/if you start a game with them is make sure you extend Smithies, Novak, Peltier and Rhodes contracts till 2014. Sign Nathan Tyson from Forest for £300k(hes beast at League 1 level and Championship sometimes). Look to add one more Centre back to your team. and a few central midfielders and your sorted. If you do let us know how you get on and sorry if I have spolit it for you.

You haven't spoilt it at all mate. I'm either going 433 or 4231, haven't decided yet

I play a 4123 which seems to work well. If you can, get Mifsud. I think he's free at the beginning and became one of the main front three along with Rhodes and Novak.

He would be a good signing along with Tyson and Nicolas Sanchez(CB who plays for River Plate, can be got for free). There are quite a few good free agents out there which could help your team.

Thats a tough choice. Both formations are good and you have the players for both. It also depends on who you sign. Do you have ideas on who you want to sign.

I'm edging towards 4231 with Rhodes the lone foward (Deep lying foward/ attack),

I may look to get Barazite, Grenier if he'll come both loans. Possibly a centre half, a RB and another AM

Hit the end of the transfer window

hfieldtransafers.th.png

Results

[L1] (A) Southend W 4-2 [Rhodes 2, N.Clark, Fleck]

[LC] (H) Port Vale W 4-0 [Rhodes, Martin O.G, Fleck 2]

[L1] (H) Southampton W 3-0 [Rhodes, Fleck, Kakuta]

[L1] (H) Brighton W 2-1 [Rhodes, Kakuta]

[L1] (A) Bristol City L 2-1 [Fleck]

[LC] (H) Wgan W 3-1 [AET] [Kakuta, Novak, Barazite]

[L1] (H) Yeovil W 4-1 [Kakuta, Rhodes 2, Fleck]

[JPT] (A) Lincoln W 2-0 [Rhodes, Kakuta]

We've been performing very well imho, sat 2nd in League 1 and face Villa in the league cup. Rhodes is top scorer with 8 goals in 8 games.

I am getting so so fed up with doing so absolutly **** in the Cups, here how it stands to date:

Season 09/10

Johnstone Paints Trophy - Winners

League Cup - 2nd Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Season 10/11

League Cup - 2nd Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Season 11/12

League Cup - 3rd Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Season 12/13

League Cup - 3rd Round

FA Cup - 6th Round

Season 13/14

League Cup - 4th Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round.

:@ POOOR:@

How did you get Fleck. When I tried signing him for Forest he turned me down. What did you pay for him. Also how long did you get Kakuta and Barazite for.

I paid £3.2M for Fleck he didn't want to come to Huddersfield either but hes the only player I'd give a half decent signing on fee. Kakuta is on a season long loan while Barazite is on a 3 month loan.

You also spent big didnt you. why?

Because I'm not going to spend anything in the championship. And the signings I've made are championship class imho.

Wow 7 mill in League 1! I spenT 7 mill in my first season in the Prem!

Good luck anyway mate, i look forward to your updates :thup:

Cheers buddy

Archived