The Huddersfield Town Thread FM10

jsdceltic

:thup:

------------------------------------

Completed another season the other day:

2woc3kh.png

msn49w.png

League Cup was poor again knocked out in the 4th round. Made some headway in the FA Cup reaching the 6th round. Crashed out of Europe in the first knockout round to Panathanaikos (in my defence it was snowin in Greece when they beat me 3-0).

Transfers In

Ricardo Martinez - 12 M - R

Stefan Harvey - Free - Best free goalie i have ever seen, how Villa let him go i will never know! - R

Transfers Out

Lee Novak - 1 M

Ciaran Clark -1 M

Ross Jenkins - 3 M

Micheal Collins - 3 M

Marton Fulop - 2 M

Keith Treacy - 3 M

Could you please put up a screenshot of the keeper please mate. See if hes as good as you say.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23hqe5f.png

Yeah i play Harvey in all Cup games and sometimes in Europe, he also gets the odd League game. Nope there was no other interest and i found him after a scout recommended him in my backroom advice screen.

Though looking at those screenshots, it looks as though Harvey could be slightly better?

Jus played that City game and beat them 4-1 away :D

Yeah i agree pal. I think Harvey will be ok for the next couple of seasons, then he might start moaning but i think by then i should have them both sharing the duty.

I hope you do mate because if you can get a nice balance you could have the 2 best keepers for England soon if not already. That should be one position that you shouldnt have to improve on for many years to come.

Im kinda peeved about the International call ups on this game. I have a 21 man squad and all but 2 of those are English but only 3 English players from my squad are Internationals, Smithies - 12 caps, Welbeck - 21 caps and Spence 11 caps. Only 5 of those i dont think will ever get a call up , Basham, Peltier, Skarz, Potts and Pearce regardless of their form. The rest i dont understand! There all good players and play well for me but Shearer just doesnt call them up, and if he does he doesnt use them or even wack them on the bench, if i was Chelsea or Manure they would have been called up years ago and be regulars! The Euros 2016 are fast approaching and i really hope he sees the quality some of my players have before then!

I think they're almost perfectly balanced. They're both incredible keepers but I'd say Smithies edges it.

Yeah i think Smithies edges it with his mentals.

Cool. is Smithies England's number 1.

Im not sure really, Shearer likes to roatate alot between Smithies, Foster and Hart, though over the last couple of games it seems to be Hart with Smithies on the bench.

Im kinda peeved about the International call ups on this game. I have a 21 man squad and all but 2 of those are English but only 3 English players from my squad are Internationals, Smithies - 12 caps, Welbeck - 21 caps and Spence 11 caps. Only 5 of those i dont think will ever get a call up , Basham, Peltier, Skarz, Potts and Pearce regardless of their form. The rest i dont understand! There all good players and play well for me but Shearer just doesnt call them up, and if he does he doesnt use them or even wack them on the bench, if i was Chelsea or Manure they would have been called up years ago and be regulars! The Euros 2016 are fast approaching and i really hope he sees the quality some of my players have before then!

Thats ridiculous but its about rep. Maybe if you go and win the league soon then you may have a few more players in there. What has happened to James Berrett.

Indeed mate and i made it!

Finished a brilliant season, which could have been alot better:

2w71ttx.png

We was so so close to actually winning the championship. Spurs (a) and Man City (h) were my final fixtures of the season, winning just one of those would have secured the title, unfortuantly we lost both. Spanked by Spurs 4-1 and narrowly lost to City 1-0!

The players made up for this dissapointment by doing me proud and finally reaching a cup final and winning it. Thanks to the brilliance of Lukaku:

ekf31t.png

Knocked out of the League Cup in the 4th round, surprise surprise. Made it to the Quarters of the Euro Cup and lost to the eventual winners Porto.

vcqkw0.png

Transfers In

Romelu Lukaku - Free

Transfers Out

Jordan Rhodes - Loan - 1 M

Jason Leacock - Compo - 600 K - Dissapointed about this, could have potentially been my next LB

Pat Sparrow - Free

Robbie Williams - Free

Martin Keown was also brought in from Arsenal as my new ass man.

Since my International call up moan a few more of my players have been capped: Jack Wilshere - 1 cap, Micheal Potts - 1 cap and Brian Walker - 3 caps, and my Spanish regen has 4 caps. Still not happy about it so i applied for the Job after Shearer didnt make it past the group stage (he won the World Cup in 2014) but i was rejected in favour of Staurt Pearce!

I've started again as I cocked my orignal save up last nigh (was drunk). Almost completed my transfers (haven't spent nearly as much)

INS

Possebon - Loan - 3 months

Nimely- Tchuimeni - Loan - End of season

Fleck - Loan - End of season

JET - Loan - 3 months

McCord - Loan - End of season

Misun - Loan - End of season

OUTS

Pilkington - £1M

Roberts - £475K

I love Stuart Pearce already, one game in charge and hes given first caps to Paul Dyke and Lee Stevens who were in the starting line up along with Jordan Spence, Jack Wilshere and Brian Walker. Welbecks just come back from injury so he came on as a sub, dissapointed to not see Smithies in goal or even on the bench though! Albrighton was also in the squad but didnt make an appearance.

EDIT - Sweet, Albrighton just got his first cap!

I love Stuart Pearce already, one game in charge and hes given first caps to Paul Dyke and Lee Stevens who were in the starting line up along with Jordan Spence, Jack Wilshere and Brian Walker. Welbecks just come back from injury so he came on as a sub, dissapointed to not see Smithies in goal or even on the bench though! Albrighton was also in the squad but didnt make an appearance.

EDIT - Sweet, Albrighton just got his first cap!

Haha. They havent given you the job yet because they know what you will do. Also batty1 are you a bit disappointed that you have now only got Fleck on loan and what did you do in the other save.

Nice to see you playing again batty1, i wondered what happened to you :thup:

Cheers mate

Haha. They havent given you the job yet because they know what you will do. Also batty1 are you a bit disappointed that you have now only got Fleck on loan and what did you do in the other save.

Not really as this time I have the option of buying him for £2M.

I honestly don't have a clue, just put a loan bid in with the option of allowing me to purchase him for £2M. Possebon has performed well in pre-season so have Novak and Rhodes.

I'm playing 3 uptop and can't decide who should play either side of Rhodes.

Its between Novak, Robinson, Fleck and Nimley Tchuimeni.

I honestly don't have a clue, just put a loan bid in with the option of allowing me to purchase him for £2M. Possebon has performed well in pre-season so have Novak and Rhodes.

I'm playing 3 uptop and can't decide who should play either side of Rhodes.

Its between Novak, Robinson, Fleck and Nimley Tchuimeni.

No Nathan Tyson :(. Hes a beast at that level and is a better shout than Robinson.

Back from my holiday and time to crack on with my season. Coming up to the end of December (first season); so can anyone recommend some signings that I can approach on a free when January comes around? I should be in the Championship next season (currently sitting 2nd), and will probably play a 4-1-2-1-2 without wingers formation again. Will try and raise some cash by offloading Simpson and Robinson (I've got Nardiello as cover).

Squad looks like:

GK: Smithies, Mitrev, Eastwood

RB: Kay, Peltier

LB: Heffernan, Williams

CB: K. Pearce, N. Clarke

CB: P. Clarke, T. CLarke

DM: Berrett, Emmanuel-Thomas (loan)

CM: Collins, Dimitrijevic

CM: Kabous,

AMC: Drinkwater (loan), Pilkington

ST: Novak, Nardiello, Simpson

ST: Rhodes, Robinson

Cheers for the tip Rich haven't put it into practise though. Just trounced yeovil 5-0 Rhodes with 3 and Gaston and Fleck with the other two.

Rhodes pld 5 scored 3 Asst 1 MOM 1

Gaston pld 6 scored 6 Assts 3 MOM 1

Fleck pld 6 scored 2 Asst 1 MOM 0

Right a family member shut my computer off so the game got corrupted. I've started a 3rd time.

Had a fairly quiet transfer window

INS

JET - Loan - End of Season

Gaston Fernandez - Free

OUTS

Michael Collins - Ipswich - £1.2M

Had a decent start to the season

[L1] (A) Southend W 4-0 [Fernandez 3, P.Clarke]

[LC] (H) Port Vale W 4-0 [Pilkington, Fernandez 3]

[L1] (H) Southampton W 3-1 [Pilkington, Drinkwater, Fernandez]

[L1] (H) Brighton W 1-0 [Fernandez]

[L1] (A) Bristol Rovers W 3-2 [Fernandez 3]

[LC] (A) QPR L 4-1 [Drinkwater]

[L1] (H) Yeovil W 2-1 [Fernandez, Roberts]

[L1] (A) MK Dons W 3-1 [Roberts 2, Pilkington]

Thats unlucky man. :(. No John Fleck now. Didnt he want to join. Im gonna start with these tomorrow when I get in from work. Does anyone have any idea on who to sign. Im gonna play 4-3-3 with Rhodes as Complete Forward. Im also gonna try to sign Nathan Tyson, Gaston Fernandez(how do I get him on my game). Nicolas Sanchez, Fleck.

Offer Gaston the wages he wants and the biggest signing on fee you can with a key player role and he should join.

Didn't bother trying for Fleck this time. Come December 31st I may move all my transfer budget to wages and see who will come in July on free transfers

Offer Gaston the wages he wants and the biggest signing on fee you can with a key player role and he should join.

Didn't bother trying for Fleck this time. Come December 31st I may move all my transfer budget to wages and see who will come in July on free transfers

How did you get him on the database. I mean. I know if I offer good enough wages he will sign.

Trying to flog Nardiello, Robinson and maybe Simpson in the last week of the January window. I've already bought in Leigh Griffiths for £250k, and currently scouting round to see if there are any other cheap strikers available. I'm hoping Shelvey is still available next summer once I'm promoted. A good budget and I can bring him in for £1.7m; although I'm quite undecided whether a 4-1-2-1-2 would be the right option for the Championship. Might stick Novak upfront on his own, with Rhodes/Shelvey as my two AMCs. Unless I start well of course.

Trying to flog Nardiello, Robinson and maybe Simpson in the last week of the January window. I've already bought in Leigh Griffiths for £250k, and currently scouting round to see if there are any other cheap strikers available. I'm hoping Shelvey is still available next summer once I'm promoted. A good budget and I can bring him in for £1.7m; although I'm quite undecided whether a 4-1-2-1-2 would be the right option for the Championship. Might stick Novak upfront on his own, with Rhodes/Shelvey as my two AMCs. Unless I start well of course.

I would sell Simpson and Nardiello. Keep Robinson and sign a striker on loan from a prem club.

I'm currently enjoying a good run of form, and now sit in 2nd place. 5 points behind leaders Leeds (who were 15 points ahead at one stage), and 20 points ahead of 3rd place Millwall. The gap in points between 3rd and 10th is only 8 points though!

Does anyone else find Peter Clarke a demon at scoring headers? He's scored 11 for me this season so far, I'd say half have been running at the backpost from corners, but quite a few have came from IFK as well.

Milos Dimitrijevic has definetly been my buy of the season, and he was on a free! Apps: 29(5), Goals: 5, Assists: 10.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

League

Finished a respectable 2nd palce in the league, behind Champions Leeds. Final record was:

Won: 32, Drew: 9, Lost: 5, Scored: 109, Conceded: 43, Pts: 105.

Leeds had 116.

Cups

Went out of the FA Cup in the 1st round to Gillingham , and out of the League Cup in the 3rd round to Forest. In the JPT I went out in the semis to Leeds on away goals.

Goalscorers:

Lee Novak - Apps: 50(3) - Goals: 30

Jordan Rhodes - Apps: 32(4) - Goals: 21

Robbie Simpson - Apps: 21(13) - Goals: 15

Peter Clarke - Apps: 51 - Goals: 15

Anthony Pilkington - Apps: 44(9) - Goals: 12

Michael Collins - Apps: 44(5) - Goals: 11

Assisters:

Anthony Pilkington - Apps: 44(9) - Assists: 24

Michael Collins - Apps: 44(5) - Assists: 15

Lee Novak - Apps: 50(3) - Assists: 14

Danny Drinkwater - Apps: 24(14) - Assists: 12

Jordan Rhodes - Apps: 32(4) - Assists: 11

Milos Dimitrijevic - Apps: 38(6) - Assists: 11

Right so I have finally got my fourth Huddersfield Town save underway. As from the previous times the squad is pretty decent so I know that I wont have to make too many changes. Ive just completed pre season and just about to go in to my first game against Southend. Here are the transfers that I have made. I am also going to put up screenshots of players that I think will be key to my promotion push this season.

Alex Smithies

Matthew Booth

Peter Clarke

James Berrett

Anthony Pilkington

Nathan Tyson

Jordan Rhodes

Lee Novak

Archived