JP Woody V3 (Total Football)

Here is my final tactic for FM10. Its my first tactic for the 10.3 patch.

The Tactic is my take on the Dutch total football style.I decided to test with Arsenal as they along with Barca are the nearest thing to the Rinus Michels Dutch side,testing with Barca would be far too easy though.

The Tactic Set Up is:

3 Centre Backs. 2 ball playing CBs and the central of the 3 a covering CB

1 DM,the destroyer in MF

2 CMs 2 supporting CMs who both create and help the defence out if needed.

1 AM. The link man and main creator.

3 Strikers,1 Complete forward and 2 poachers outside him.

Results have been fantasic and the football also fantastic. Over 2 Seasons ive Won:

2x Premier League Titles.

2x League Cups

1x FA Cup

1x Champions League

1x European Super Cup

1x World Club Championship

1x Charity Shield.

Im now currently testing with Boro but if you want to see my Arsenal test Screenshots look here: http://www.fm-base.c...do=file&id=2365

Im not going to bother telling you what attributes to look for but try and buy players with good creativity and Technique,also passing too if possible.

USE THE SMALLEST PITCH POSSIBLE.

DONT USE OI (OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS)

I USE THE TACTIC AS PLUG & PLAY,meaning i use the same starting strategy (attacking) for every game.

Im not sure how they will work for the more average sides yet but i do plan to test with some.Remember what ever team you choose these tactics encourage beautiful expressive football so bare that in mind when buying players.

SCREENSHOTS From current Boro Test

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6185/middlesbrough.png

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9116/cocacolafootballleaguec.png

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3083/middlesbrough2.png

DOWNLOAD LINK http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/3418064/file.html

It would be a lot more interesting to see the results you grind out with non-top teams...

Thanks for that and i will be when i get promoted,but ive been making tactics long enough to know a good one when i make one. Any tactic that can beat Man UTD 5-0 with 34 shots,18 on target and 10 clear cut chances must be worth a look surely.

Nice OP - well done!

Would be interesting to see how you finish the season with Boro.

Do you find it quite stable at the back? with 3CB's and a DM... do you find the wings being dominated at all?

Yes it has been pretty solid,2nd season at Arsenal i conceded 18 goals all season and got 8 consecutive clean sheets too.

My back 3 was Vamaelan, Steven Taylor and Gary Cahill. I dont really get dominated round the flanks,in fact the wider the opposition play the more i seem to pound them,it dominates through the middle so well,players are closer together and passes find their target more consistantly.

Yes it has been pretty solid,2nd season at Arsenal i conceded 18 goals all season and got 8 consecutive clean sheets too.

My back 3 was Vamaelan, Steven Taylor and Gary Cahill. I dont really get dominated round the flanks,in fact the wider the opposition play the more i seem to pound them,it dominates through the middle so well,players are closer together and passes find their target more consistantly.

Thanks for the reply mate - I'll be trying this out tonight with a new game as Spurs.

Will post back after a few games, but I love the narrow formations!

Thanks for the reply mate - I'll be trying this out tonight with a new game as Spurs.

Will post back after a few games, but I love the narrow formations!

Cheers mate. The good thing about this narrow tactic is the 2 Poachers will often sneak wide to find space and the AM will move into their position,it often leaves the opposition not knowing who to mark.

Good luck with your Spurs save. ;)

Reading through the posts you seem to be a well known tactic maker, and with your success with Boro at the moment and from your success with Arsenal it looks promising. I don't normally give 3 Cb's formations a try with Arsenal.. just because the simple fact I love Clichy Sagna and Eboue but you've got me interest and I might just test it. Out of curiousity how much did you manage to sell them for?

Reading through the posts you seem to be a well known tactic maker, and with your success with Boro at the moment and from your success with Arsenal it looks promising. I don't normally give 3 Cb's formations a try with Arsenal.. just because the simple fact I love Clichy Sagna and Eboue but you've got me interest and I might just test it. Out of curiousity how much did you manage to sell them for?

Eboue i got 5m for.

Sagna i got 10m

Clichy i got 12m

I probably could of got more if id tried but i wanted quick sales.

If you like them you can always re train them in positions they can play,i know Sagna can play as a striker for instance.

Thanks for that and i will be when i get promoted,but ive been making tactics long enough to know a good one when i make one. Any tactic that can beat Man UTD 5-0 with 34 shots,18 on target and 10 clear cut chances must be worth a look surely.

10 CCC? Wow :) That's very good even with a top team. Will test it out mate. :thup:

Eboue i got 5m for.

Sagna i got 10m

Clichy i got 12m

I probably could of got more if id tried but i wanted quick sales.

If you like them you can always re train them in positions they can play,i know Sagna can play as a striker for instance.

D'oh I never thought of that. Although looking at Clichy + Eboue they don't look center back standard, where Sagna could be, so I think I may sell those 2 and keep Sagna.

Will give it a try and post feedback here :D

Glad to see you over here JP, To to let people know if they have any doubts that i have tried this tactic for a while now and it works extreamly well.

I'm gonna try and make a 3-2-1-2-2 formation, Inspired from this as i like the way the team gets the ball upfront quick and my team seem to have alot of time to make the right pass.

Well done JP.

Dave.

Glad to see you over here JP, To to let people know if they have any doubts that i have tried this tactic for a while now and it works extreamly well.

I'm gonna try and make a 3-2-1-2-2 formation, Inspired from this as i like the way the team gets the ball upfront quick and my team seem to have alot of time to make the right pass.

Well done JP.

Dave.

Thanks Dave :D Im glad you like it.

Good luck with the new tactic.Ill certainly give it a go when you release it.

I'm just coming to the end of my first season with Boro and have secured promotion with mr hough's tactics but a bit worried about my first season in the prem so i will try this in my remaining championship games and see how it goes. Will let you know.

lol, Thanks for the vote of confidence mate!

lol, Thanks for the vote of confidence mate!

Ha yeah i see how that sounds! Apologies, what i was trying to say was that it would be good to have two tactics when i go up to the prem just so in case one or the other doesn't work or i am really struggling so thats why i will test this one in my remaining games in the Championship.

Ha yeah i see how that sounds! Apologies, what i was trying to say was that it would be good to have two tactics when i go up to the prem just so in case one or the other doesn't work or i am really struggling so thats why i will test this one in my remaining games in the Championship.

no worries mate, I can vouch for JP anyway this tactic is very solid, One of the best things i like about this tactic is that nearly all the settings are using the creater and aren't manually changed.

That says to me with abit of determination and patience that you can create great tactics with just using the creater.

It would be a lot more interesting to see the results you grind out with non-top teams...

I'm sorry but do even understand the idea of this thread???

This is a take on total football. The whole objective of total football is to make the most of the talents of superior players in order to overcome the opposition. It isn't about "grinding out results". If it was that easy to do then every team would be doing it, total football is for the creme de la creme.

Nice OP, will give this tactic a test and report back

@JP: Good result against Liverpool.

by the way: I cruised through the world cup, only letting in one goal with holland. Time to resume my 2015 West Ham save and try this out :)

So far this tactic plays some brilliant football

Hi JP,

Brilliant overall tactic - but I seem to have a lot of long range attempts ?

Indeed,but you have to remember that your telling players to be more expressive,so basically your saying to them to play with freedom,so if they fancy a long range effort they are going to have one.You can take full advantage of this by buying players with high long shooting stats,or you can reduce their long shooting individually and give them less creative freedom,but i that may reduce the quality of the tactic.

@JP: Good result against Liverpool.

by the way: I cruised through the world cup, only letting in one goal with holland. Time to resume my 2015 West Ham save and try this out :)

So far this tactic plays some brilliant football

Pleased your enjoying it,hope it works as well as that for your Hammers save.

This is a take on total football. The whole objective of total football is to make the most of the talents of superior players in order to overcome the opposition. It isn't about "grinding out results". If it was that easy to do then every team would be doing it, total football is for the creme de la creme.

Im sorry but it must be okay to ask for results using lower sides without getting butchered? Don't see how I was rude or anything like that?

Btw, he is currently trying out his tactic with Middlesboro. Dont' see the big correlation between superior players and M'boro?

Anyways it appears to be a solid tactic.

JPWoody: do you have any information regarding the effectiveness of the tactic in other countries than the UK? Am thinking of starting a new game with Valencia using your tactic. Cheers mate.

Im sorry but it must be okay to ask for results using lower sides without getting butchered? Don't see how I was rude or anything like that?

Btw, he is currently trying out his tactic with Middlesboro. Dont' see the big correlation between superior players and M'boro?

Anyways it appears to be a solid tactic.

JPWoody: do you have any information regarding the effectiveness of the tactic in other countries than the UK? Am thinking of starting a new game with Valencia using your tactic. Cheers mate.

I know one person managing in Holland with it and going well and one in Italy,also going well.

I know one person managing in Holland with it and going well and one in Italy,also going well.

Sounds promising

Here are my results so far in the Cups against Premier League sides,remember im still in the Championship. I was very unlucky against Man Utd in the Semi's of the Carling cup,i lost the first leg 3-2 at home but should of at least drew going on chances,i then won 1-0 at Old Trafford but went out on away goals,had enough chances to win comfortably but i was still happy.Im still in the FA cup and have just beaten Man City in the 6th round.

http://img534.imageshack.us/g/manutdvmiddlesbrough.png/

Here are my results so far in the Cups against Premier League sides,remember im still in the Championship. I was very unlucky against Man Utd in the Semi's of the Carling cup,i lost the first leg 3-2 at home but should of at least drew going on chances,i then won 1-0 at Old Trafford but went out on away goals,had enough chances to win comfortably but i was still happy.Im still in the FA cup and have just beaten Man City in the 6th round.

http://img534.imageshack.us/g/manutdvmiddlesbrough.png/

Can you post a link to your skin? looks nice!!

Great Tactic JP, one issue is I seem to be doing very badly away :(, how can tweak it to make the away perfomances better :). Thanks

Im not sure,ive been doing amazing away. Have you been changing anything in away games? Do you use opposition Instructions?

Finished the 1st season in the Boro Test. Went very well finishing Championship Champions with bar far the best defensive record and goals scored record. We also reached the semi finals in both the Carling and FA cup.

I never used any Opposition Instructions or touchline shouts and never tinkered with the tactic once.

Lets see hw i get on in the Premier,the big test.

Here are the screenshots of my season:

http://img714.imageshack.us/g/cocacolafootballleaguecf.png/

jp woody - don't you have any trouble up against teams that play a AML and a AMR? I would have thought they would shred you to pieces time after time? haven't tried it yet but currently do have a real madrid and man utd save going...

jp woody - don't you have any trouble up against teams that play a AML and a AMR? I would have thought they would shred you to pieces time after time? haven't tried it yet but currently do have a real madrid and man utd save going...

No i cant say i have,the only times ive found it tough is when the weather is really bad.

I've just used this tactic for the 1st time. I am currently playing as Nottingham Forest and have just got them to the Premier League in my 1st season. I was certainly struggling to say the least but then i started to employ your tactic.

I dont have any other results to go on but in the 1st game that i played using this tactic (away to Fulham) i was mightily suprised to batter them 5-2.

It certainly looks the business and will carry on giving it a go.

I'm trying this in a new save as Spurs - 1st season.

11 games in and I'm 3rd, 2 points behind the leaders Chelsea.

I beat Chelsea at my place 2-1, beat Liverpool 2-1 at anfield and beat Man Utd 2-1 at my place too - tactic is producing lots of chances and looking more and more stable as I progress.

Will update again when I reach 20 games.

it seems the tactics works very well.. :D definitely give a try.. ;) currently i'm in Spurs game.. but I dont wish to sell Lennon.. :( can I put him at striker right side? cheers..

Yes,he is orange for striker so start training him as a striker and playing him there and he will be a quality striker in no time.

Yes,he is orange for striker so start training him as a striker and playing him there and he will be a quality striker in no time.

hi JP Woody.. thanks for the quick advise and response.. I cant wait for tonight to try.. n will report back the results soon.. ;)

Archived