FM10: Samir Kouakbi

Standing tall at 1m83 and weighing in at 70kg, Samir Kouakbi is a 19 year old French/Tunisian Goalkeeper and another product of the world class youth academy of Olympique de Marseille! Born in Aubagne he has been one of the better youngsters to come through the ranks at Olympique de Marseille in recent years.

In FM10 Kouakbi doesn't look all that impressive at the start and often gets picked up for a cheap price by a sub-top team. But after some training and a lot of work he does turn out to be one of the more trustworthy goalkeepers in the game. Works really well as a 2nd choice goalkeeper in the first few years but quickly wins a place in the first team. A recommended signing for all clubs with an older goalkeeper. If possible get him to be tutored with one of those goalkeepers.

kouakbi.png

Samir Kouakbi one and a half season in

I bought him as a backup for Kuszczak in my Man Utd team since i put Van Der Sar in the reserves because of his age and high wage. Van Der Sar's experience did benefit Kouakbi as he tutored him 3 times. Last time the two did fall out with each other!

Recently Kuszczak had some odd games and I gave Kouakbi some starts. He did pretty well and often held out devastating shots by world class strikers (my defence is being patched up in the injury room). I also had him in an older game where he became my number one goalkeeper at Standard and i was forced to sell him to Everton after he had some great seasons and wanted a new challenge.

And to think: I just bought him because he wears nice sunglasses...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived