Looking for RB to cover for Glen Johnson

I am Liverpool in my 5th season now and am having an issue at Right Back.

I have Glen Johnson as my main man, Diego Renan who can play RB is my starting LB with Insua as his backup (mainly because Insua is ok playing a backup).

I don't have a good backup RB though.

I'm looking for a player who is good enough to take over as a starter if Johnson gets injured, but would be happy playing mainly in cup games if Johnson stays fit.

I'm looking at Nedum Onuoha or Micah Richards, but they might both be a bit too itchy for first team football.

I tend to play my RB and LB as Wing Backs so someone capable of that would be nice, but not necessary.

Welcome to the forums! :)

You may want to try post your question in the Liverpool thread or possibly the 'Looking for' thread. :thup:

For what it is worth, Aurier is an amazing RB, and by then, should be looking absolute quality!

That is a shame really :( Aurier is great both offensively and defensively, you have missed out on a real gem there!

David Santon perhaps? He is more of an attacking minded RB but usually develops around 12 for tackling etc.

With Crossing/Dribbling at 15+ :thup:

On my save Opare has a crossing of 13 (which is fine for backup) but a Marking and Tackling of 9.

Think he'd improve in those at all? He's 22 right now.

Aurier isn't on my save (went with a small DB due to my old laptop not being so great)

Pity about Aurier he is a beast, I would say have a look at a few regens coming through I am in season 7 with Liverpool and have 3 guys who are prem standard RBs atm.

On my save Opare has a crossing of 13 (which is fine for backup) but a Marking and Tackling of 9.

Think he'd improve in those at all? He's 22 right now.

Aurier isn't on my save (went with a small DB due to my old laptop not being so great)

He's better than that in my save already, and I'm only in season 2. He has 14 for tackling and crossing, and 11 for dribbling. I think he's going to get better than this too. You could also try Corchia or even Nathaniel Clyne from Palace.

Well, I have a couple 16 to 17 year olds who rate at "potential to be better than Glen Johnson/Diego Renan" so the future is solid...but they aren't far enough along to take over in case of injury.

What I truly need is Fabio Aurelio as an RB. He is old, but he still does a job.

Maybe I'll check into Arbeloa...see how he's doing.

Archived