The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdyTaylor:

Please say the highlights of this are on TV later....

Radio just ain't good enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well it isnt on channel 4 so i guess not

I like Blowers.

But it does get slightly irritating once you've been listening to him for ten years or so, and he's STILL babbling on about the same buses at Trent Bridge, the same Pigeons at the Oval etc etc.

He still comes out with some corkers though.

His babbling about how small the Bangladeshis are was great.

WG Anwar in the Champions Trophy icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

who the hell are Patel, Gallian and Benjamin? Afzaal icon_frown.gif we've had some utter gash over the years. Did both Hollioakes and Hamilton play at test level? I know they played ODIs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot Joey Benjamin ever played for England icon_biggrin.gif

Some Lancs fan you are if you don't know who Jason Gallian is icon_frown.gif

Min Patel was a decent spinner but nowt spectacular but he got the shaft somewhat from the selectors. Not only did he have to play two tests against India of all the sides for a left-arm spinner to make his debut against but he had to do it on two really unhelpful pitches. Never thought he was test quality but it'd be nice if he'd had a decent chance to show whit he could do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

Ahh "its the pitch" excuses coming out already...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_rolleyes.gif Never mind I ws talking about Jones you pillock.

nothing to do with the pitch, good bowling and poor shots. Like that one, which alomst bounced in front of Jones again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops looks like someone forgot the safety wink. My bad. But who cares, 80/4 gahahahhahahahahhahahaha icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Flintoff:

FOAD Gilchrist angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, we need to forge a partnership. 3 wickets down from us icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedwar Pump:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Drinkwater:

I don't so much think this is England batting poorly as much as its the best spell of McGrath's entire career. He's absolutely unplayable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's doing nothing more than bowling straight on a consistent length and hitting the seam, if any of the batsman who have got out so far were using their feet properly they would still batting. All the batters so far have let him bowl where he wants and that's got them out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But when the footwork's there, the movement on the ball is making it impossible to play any kind of shot with confidence, defensive or otherwise. The variation in bounce is making it difficult for batsmen to decide whether to play forward or back (cf. Vaughan).

Its awesome stuff. Having said that, I'd rather see them throw the bat into the strokes and take some risks rather than play defensively and still get out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

interesting whereas I think our whole team while be available for the next ashes, but for McGrath to play two more Ashes series is a bit much I'd have thought by the nest Ashes he and Warne would be gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all right Lee and Tait will be primed by then. If you think Lee's quick you should see Tait when he gets going - fecking scary. Don't worry about the spin situation we've got a few who are ready to be blooded like Cullen and White. I know deep down you all just expect the aussied to keep producing top talent so i suppose we'll just have to keep doing it.

Clearly what Wicom is saying is, had KP held that catch the momentum could have shifted to us and we could have bowled you out and faced a sub-300 total to chase, which, with the momentum being with us, we could have made. Obv theres a lot of ifs buts & maybes, but it certainly would not have been out of the equation.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

100 Partnership \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it no balls etc dont count towards the partnership as it only said 84 or so a minute ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do count I think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

trying school shoes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were only on sale until the end of today icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got mine at the start of the year icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fe98:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ceefax the cat @ this thread:

That's a point - at what stage did "howezeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh" become simply "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHH"? We did it properly in my day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone knows the answer to that?

And how to I direct the url to point to a post i n the thread as opposed to the top of it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to the left of the date at the top of the post there is an invisible thingy that you can link to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

and, no, they can't ask to go back on. if you come off for rain, you can't restart unless the rain has completely stopped, and if you come off for light, then you can't restart unless, in the opinion of the umpires, the light has improved from the point it was at when you left the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

scatter, rudi has just been on live tv here and said the aussies can ask to go back on at any time icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf????

no, they can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHAMBLES icon_mad.gif :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tennis at Wimbledon can change gmaes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, players use the time to re-group/rest/talk to their coaches etc and they sometimes come out completely different players, and win a match they were about to lose in straight sets.

Even then it's more about the tennis then rain delays in cricket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re-read your original comment mate icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bóithéimeach:

Umpires will continue to check the light every ten minutes.

Cut off point could be up until 8pm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol waiting till 8pm

Archived