Dr. F-Bomb or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Gave Up On Headhunting

I know ASEC, Canon Yaounde, Coton Sport, Kotoko, Jomo Cosmos, Enyimba and much more who are known for spotting and bringing up young African talents to a certain degree.

I only refuse the idea that a player only 18 years old with the stats:

Corners 19

Crossing 16

Dribbling 19

Finishing 20

First Touch 18

Free Kick Taking 19

Heading 20

Passing 18

Penalty Takin 16

Anticipation 20

Creativity 16

Off The Ball 19

Team Work 19

Work Rate 15

Balance 17

Jumping 19

...can be a direct product of AS Douanes (SEN).

I find it too much for an African regen at an African club at the age of 18. That's the deal. (oh god, not another time)

So is the first bolded text not another example of you complaining that this regen is from Senegal and has brilliant stats?

Too brilliant for his age coming from AS Douanes (SEN).

The second bolded text is you again annoyed that a world class regen has come from Africa which is somewhere that you clearly dont scout. If you only want to scout the usual places like the main European countries and South America then thats fine, but dont complain when a regen comes from somewhere you have failed to scout.

Whereas the part you've quoted clearly expresses that: "I have wandered all around from Ethiopia To Guinea and such. However, it was meaningless since a player multiple times better than him could be regenned somewhere over there."

Also you constantly keep complaining about the fact he came into the game with those stats (already a world class player). This happens plenty of times. Ive lost count of the amount of world class German regens ive found at the start of the game and most of them have been 17 not 19.

And I had said that I wouldn't make it a fuss if it had been a French or Dutch regen., 'cause it would feel alright provided the related countries' youth systems. Germany has dozens times more professional football players than Turkey, despite having very close populations, mostly thanks to the superior youth system they have.

If you choose to scout each individual team/country yourself thats fine. Yes scouts do miss players but also so do you, obviously. Stop complaining and get on with it.

Missing is not the point. Get over it please. How many times more do I have to make it clear ?

Too brilliant for his age coming from AS Douanes (SEN).

Whereas the part you've quoted clearly expresses that: "I have wandered all around from Ethiopia To Guinea and such. However, it was meaningless since a player multiple times better than him could be regenned somewhere over there."

And I had said that I wouldn't make it a fuss if it had been a French or Dutch regen., 'cause it would feel alright provided the related countries' youth systems. Germany has dozens times more professional football players than Turkey, despite having very close populations, mostly thanks to the superior youth system they have.

Missing is not the point. Get over it please. How many times more do I have to make it clear ?

So this all boils down to the fact he's that good and from Africa. He may be a one off. Who is to say that a lad born in Africa can't have that much natural talent that he is one of the best players in the world. Yes it is unlikely because Africa doesnt have the facilities to produce players like this on a regular basis but its not impossible.

Just accept is as a one off and move on. If it was happening every season you would have a point.

Lets say that same player from Senegal came into the game as a regen but straight into Man Utd's youth team with the same stats. Would that be acceptable because he is in Man Utd's youth team?

Lets say that same player from Senegal came into the game as a regen but straight into Man Utd's youth team with the same stats. Would that be acceptable because he is in Man Utd's youth team?

Comparably acceptable.

Comparably acceptable.

Ok. Well when a regen comes into the game, there is no history with the player. What if there was. What if you could view that players history and see that he's not a product of United's youth team at all but infact he was bought and has only just joined up with the team. With that theory, he has come straight from senegal with those stats. Now would that make it wrong again?

Try putting a bit of your imagination into your game and stop seeing everything as black and whte. You will enjoy your game more.

i can see why so many people were suggesting things about you tho pretended. your opening post is as about informative as the daily sport newspaper. it was only in post 34 where u gave any sort of explanation to the thread. if i was a mod it would of been closed before post 10 as it seemed a pointless thread.

anyway, any country can produce a fine young player. but i think fm has it right. im more likely to find a hot talent in say brazil than in an african country.

Whats with the 'AS Dounes cant produce good players either'?

Lee Sharpe went from Torquay United to Manchester United first team in 18months.

I bet you dont check Torquays youth team.

Anyway, i thought good youth academys only increased the likelihood of getting good regens, not guaranteeing it, and quality regens were possible at any level?

Moaning about a rgen from senegal!

This one at band ca- i mean er, when playing. I found this regen pop up, he was insane, 25, had only just joined a good club, and in the world cup he scored 7 goals in 3 games.

he was from Guinea. To be honest i just thought he was awesome, and didnt moan at all that there was a good player from guinea. I mean if you compare it, how unrealistic is it for togo to actually have adebayor! he must not be real...

I'm not interested in the low-level comprehension which says I've claimed "African players can't be good". Reading is good for your brain. Do it. Oh noes, not the club.

AS Douane can't produce such a good player, that's my thought on it. I find it unrealistic for AS Douane to be able to bring up an Adebayor (I mean with his CA today). That's it.

Edit: I admit I wasn't really explicative in the opening post. It was meant to bring some humor into it but apparently failed to do so. Sorry.

The problem is that Pretended wasn't able to spot him and buy him at a ridiculuously low price, and now he has to pay money for the player (and rpobalby do 6 to 18 months worth of buttering up). It's happened to me, it's happened to you, it's happened to Alex Ferguson, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Any way 18 months and hes available on a free, you can do a Bosman in less than 12.

Bosman? In Russia?

The newgen (not regen) isn't even that good. You won't find every gem in the game unless you look at every single player and use external scouting tools. You're clearly a very highly strung and sensitive young man, but then again so was Brian Clough.

Yeah he's crap. Actually the terminology doesn't sound quite right as well. He is a yougencrap2000 (youngly generated crap). Apparently we are all merry, gay men interested in football due to its testosterone-intense nature, but then again so was Frank Zappa and we all know that we shouldn't eat the yellow snow.

Archived