Problem recalling players from loan

Apologies if this has been posted, I had a search and couldn't find anything.

I'm having some trouble recalling some players from loan. Started a new game as Blackburn and at the start of Season 2, loaned two players out - one to Sheff Utd, one to Bristol Rovers. I'm afraid I don't remember what the terms of the loan deal were.

Now the following things have happened:

- I'm now in Season 3, so a year and a half has passed and my players haven't come home

- When I click on the players, they are listed as playing for Blackburn reserves - whereas my reserve team shows them as dark blued out

- When I click on the icon beside their name (eg inj or whatever), it tells me they're loaned at the other clubs - when I click on the other clubs, they're their, but listed as unregistered and haven't played a game since they got there.

- The players are valued at 0

- My loan players show up occassionally as having injured another of my players in training - even though they don't show up in my list of players assigned to any training schedule

Anyone have this or know how to fix it? Offering new contracts doesn't work, moving around squads doesn't work - suggestions?

Should say, FM10, latest patch, updated database (can't remember which one, but one of the popular database updates released this summer)

Yep this is a known (very annoying) problem. It happened to me with Hennessey at wolves. Just to add insult to injury, every time I registered a squad he said he was shocked he wasn't in it and disliked me! Even if I wanted to I couldn't pick him since he was not at the club!

Try this(untested) :

Offer the player out on loan again. If he accepts the loan offer, then he'll be at the new loan club and it will be normal as usual.

As I said, the Loan Apocalypse only happes to me once and I tried the above steps and it returns back to normal.

Not sure if this will work because I personally have never had this problem but add another manager and take control of Blackburn and try and terminate the loan from their end. If you get your player back then you can simply resign from Blackburn.

Can't release on a free, offer to another club, or terminate the loan by taking control of the new club - good ideas though.

When I took control of Sheff United (where one of the players was loaned), I tried to buy the player for 0 with the intention of then buying him back for 0. He didn't want to move to Sheffield United though, presumably on account of having been sat on their bench for a few years :(

I'll take control of a third club, buy and release him or something - he has me as favoured personel, so he should come back to me at some stage :)

Eta: Thanks everyone :)

Can't release on a free, offer to another club, or terminate the loan by taking control of the new club - good ideas though.

When I took control of Sheff United (where one of the players was loaned), I tried to buy the player for 0 with the intention of then buying him back for 0. He didn't want to move to Sheffield United though, presumably on account of having been sat on their bench for a few years :(

I'll take control of a third club, buy and release him or something - he has me as favoured personel, so he should come back to me at some stage :)

Eta: Thanks everyone :)

Use FMRTE to set his contract to the next day, and his relationship with the club to 100. That's about the only way.

Archived