Twin Towers

CapaJr

Do you guys ever played with two huge, towering strikers? both being very effective in the air etc..

I m playing Lukaku and Dzeko in Napoli these days, wanted to know what your opinions are for such a formation, plus and minus?

I find Pace is over rated, Dzeko and Lukaku are fast enough, although not great, but very effective in all other aspects, for example it helps you gain the ball quicker during a long ball in their area etc.

Depends on how the rest of your team play. Stoke played with 2 big men up top for the entirety of their first Prem season and it worked for them (although Fuller is more pace than aerial prowess he's not small). They have bought flair players like Tuncay since but he hardly gets a game.

Depends on how the rest of your team play. Stoke played with 2 big men up top for the entirety of their first Prem season and it worked for them (although Fuller is more pace than aerial prowess he's not small). They have bought flair players like Tuncay since but he hardly gets a game.

Yeah, being Turkish myself , and not being bias at all, cant really get why Tuncay is not playing in that Stoke City team.

I know the coach done pretty good stuff over there last season but not playing a talented winger like him is obviously a mistake, when you dont play players like him, you have one less player that can change the score line for you :)

Pace > Height on this game.

I prefer a poacher and a target man myself

I cant say you are wrong, i had Lavezzi in my first year, and he is someone with high pace attribute, but low heading, strength etc..

quick players are also very effective, especially teams that play with only 3 defenders (you would be surprised how often you come across a team with this tactic in Serie A)

But when you play two huge strikers, you gain all the balls in the opponents area, especially long balls, and because your strikers are very strong too, they often use their physical ability to hold up to the ball until team mates arrive, which is crucial during games.

Pace is important but some big guys, can also be fast enough, for example iny my game Lukaku is pretty fast, if i m not mistaken his pace is now around 15-16 :)

Same with Balotelli, he is huge and strong but also fast, i think these kind of players are the most effective in this game.

As already mentioned I think Lukaku and Dzeko are hardly likely to see you go short of goals.

OP: you may think pace is overrated but in the ME it is king so therefore it must be a consideration. As also mentioned already Lukaku(15/16ish if trained properly) has decent pace anyway and Dzeko is no slouch (14 IIRC) so you probably have the best of both worlds anyway.

more importantly surely this is more of a GD thread? (apart from all the player naming, which can easily be put in the title and its not like Lukaku and Dzeko are closely guarded secrets anyway).

Odd name for a thread considering the time of year?

what are you implying exactly?

look at the dates if you want, it was the 8th, not the 11th, and even if it was the 11th, what would that mean?

i m really offended by what you are implying and its not cool...

look at the dates if you want, it was the 8th, not the 11th, and even if it was the 11th, what would that mean?

yes the comment was a bit unneeded but surely there was some notion going through your head when you called it Twin Towers ffs :D

Im not implying nothing and im not trying to offend you. I can see your from the U.S.A, like Barnetboyz said the thought must of gone through your head when making this thread and naming it Twin Towers! Regardless of whether its the 8th or 11th its all a bit close to the event if you ask me, and not such a ''cool'' name for a thread in the month of September!

Im not implying nothing and im not trying to offend you. I can see your from the U.S.A, like Barnetboyz said the thought must of gone through your head when making this thread and naming it Twin Towers! Regardless of whether its the 8th or 11th its all a bit close to the event if you ask me, and not such a ''cool'' name for a thread in the month of September!

When i joined this community, it was 5 years ago and i was a university student in the USA, and thats when i made my profile.

So i m not from the USA, and not in the USA, for 3 years now, i have been back home, Turkey.

Anyway, when i created this thread , i had absolutely no idea it would be connected to the attacks in NYC.

As i have said, i m in Turkey now, and i didnt even realize the time of the year, its not a "popular" issue that people talk about in my country, if i was in the USA, it would be different ofcourse.

Sorry if i had offended you, i definitely didnt mean to upset you.

I'm thinking about pairing Gomez and Huntelaar together for my upcoming new season. Don't know how successful it'll be, only time will tell.

I think its best when both of the strikers have aerial ability with good strength rating but also fast enough, with decent pace/acceleration rating (at least 14)

Lukaku is a good example of that, he has both aerial ability and good pace/acceleration ratings.

If ı m not mistaken ( I dont have the game open now) Hulk from Porto is also a good example.

• 2 weeks later...
zigic n crouch will be real twin towers :o

Crouch + Zigic + Beckham =......well you know :rolleyes:

I think it would be a sad world if we could never use the phrase 'twin towers' ever again in September for fear of offending someone. Particularly when the subject matter has nothing to do with international terrorism.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the OP meant no harm whatsoever. And to be fair, he does happen to have 2 towering strikers no pun intended.

Anyways I think it definitely be an excellent partnership. You can never win too many headers especially when in front of the opponents goal. The way I see it though is you probably want one of your tall strikers to be relatively technically gifted. For instance I would love to see someone pair up, lets say, Lukaku and Cardozo or Cardozo and crouch etc. so your not only really relying on their height. Shoot, if they have pace, the more successful you will be.

Well his height in the editor is a negative number. I don't know what that means but I assume it means that his height is subject to (possibly random) change. My apologies if I am wrong.

I have these players in an 'experimental/fun' save, where I am testing effects on team harmony and morale for ny own personal experience, and with any luck I will have fun destroying the Premier League while I do it.

As I am at the start of the game, Romelu Lukaku isn't ready for Premiership action and I am playing with only one striker and desperately seeking cover. Cardozo is a new player at Benfica IIRC so won't join.

If I manage to sign some decent backup, I can play 4-4-2 and share the results with you all, if you like. Cardozo would be first choice, but as I said, he is unlikely to sign. I will approach him in the second season and attempt to use him in my 'twin towers' setup.

Archived