FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

It's possible to sell Viduka?

I had tried before and after the patch. Just impossible. His price keeps going down but no team wants him. I also offered him mutual contract termination and he denied. I don't want him to finish his career playing reserves. And with Shevchenko and Smith as second choices before Martins and Owen, He doesn't have any chance to play.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im thinking of being newcastle in the new patch but how much money do they get and what do the board expect. I looked through the forum but cannot see it mentioned. There defence and midfeild needs to be strengthened so hoping they get giving at least 20 million if you say mid table.

Originally posted by Sir frosinone:

Im gonna start on Friday as newcastle first signing will be Vucinic without doubt but what Midfielders and defenders do i need.

Hey Sir,

I would sign 2 Centre Backs, with Samba (A good Buy at $1.5M) and see if you can grab Meria for around $7M which is a bargin still. Retrain Taylor as a Right Back and you have good cover across the back four as taylor can pinch hit at Left back as well.

Sell the crap, Cacapa, Faye, Geremi, viduka if you can. I found that Duff is a solid back up for N'zogbia. If you get offers fro Martins, I would take anything around $10M, and maybe grab Farfan or a simlar player who can play up front as well.

I think your first season, you will be good enough to finish top 7, maybe if lucky top 4.

In my first season I brought in the following -

Samba 1.5m

Meria 7m

Arshavin 9.5m

Farfan 8m

Van der Vaart 12m

Eduardo 15m

finsihed 5th, lost my last game of the season, which bumped me to 5th, icon_frown.gif

hey guys after a big debate on who to be i decided to start as Newcastle. with Barca as 2nd team.

Transfers In:

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - £15.25m

Naldo - 10.5m

Shaun Wright-Phillips - 8.5m

Toni Kroos - 7.5m

Chris Samba - 2.3m

Gonzalo Pineda - 2.7m

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - 1m

Marko Marin - 170k

Lubos Kalouda - 1.9m

Alex Teixeira - 5.25m (jan)

Lulinha - 2.2m - (July)

Out:

Mark Viduka - 1.4m

James Troisi - 210k

David Edgar - 1.3m

Tim Krul - 1.5m

Geremi - 1m

Tamas Kadar - 775k

Cacapa - 250k

Abdoulaye Faye - 1m

Results so far:

Newcastle 3-1 Man Utd (Kuzmanovic, Smith, Martins)

Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle (Naldo 2)

Newcastle 1-0 Sunderland (Martins)

West Ham 0-4 Newcastle (Beye, Naldo 2, Smith)

Newcastle 5-0 Tranmere (Smith 2, Samba 2 , Martins)

So far so good. was going to sell Smith but since he scored against Man Utd i took him off the transfer list and he has scored 4 in 3 so cant complain really!

Squad looks like this...

GK - Given/Harper

DR - Beye

DL - Enrique/Pineda

DC - Naldo/Samba

DC - Taylor

MR - Wright-Phillips/Kalouda/Milner

ML - N'Zogbia/Duff

MC - Skjelbred/Kroos/Marin

MC - Kuzmanovic/Barton/Emre

FC - Owen/Smith

FC - Martins

Where should i look to improve? Duff, Emre, Barton, Milner, Beye, Harper will all be going jan or end of season as soon as i can get replacements.

Hes probably playin on the orignal patch or something. I think you should re start the season mate as you most probably will get sacked. With the team newcastle have 11 million is no where near enought to qaulify your europe. Although I wont put you down and it is still possible. Well you have one of the best keepers and Cb in Steven Taylor and lb is fine. And Beye performs all right so I say bid for samba for 1.5 million. Try get a cm to play alongside barton and maybe another lm and sell Nzogbia to get money. Bid for Mihelic or Piatti on the cheap and then a striker and sell MArtins. You could try Vagner Love. If this doesnt help reply and ill try think of more. Need 2 let everyone know of your team or what patch.

in my 3rd season playing 8,2

owen is now 31 yeras old now

the first 2 seasons he knocked goals in four fun

the 3rd saeson he scored 20 but yhe last few months he seems to go off the boil

ive now bought huntealar and james vaughan

should i sell owen now or sholud i keep hold of him

Finished my second year at the Toon.

League Cup - Winners 4-1 Def Blackburn

FA Cup - 4th Rd Replay v Liverpool lost 54 in extra Time.

Premiership - 3rd, Arsenal, Chelsea 4 pts above me.

Team

GK - Given - McGregor

DR - Beye

DL - Enrique/Rise (Jan)

DC - Samba/Taylor

DC - Meira/Taylor

MR - Arshavin/Milner

ML - FarFan/N'Zogbia

MC - Johnson

MC - Kallstrom

FC - Eduardo (Brilliant)

FC - Owen

Usefull - Van der Vaart,

Trying to sell - Viduka (Released on a Free), Duff, Emre.

Looking for a solid midfield repplacement, who would play in a rotation role.

So during the first season i sold nearly every player at newcastle and replaced it with a completely new set of players, the only problem being that at the start of my 2nd season i have that many new faces i dont know what my best team is.

Here is my defence as i have a good idea who im playing there:

Akinfeev

Pineda, Miranda, zapata, srna

Now midfield and attack is where it gets difficult.I am playing a 4141 and here are all my players

Lasana Diara, flamini, downing, arshavin, juan manuel mata, luis jiminez, castillo, afonso alves, defoe, jose sosa, fabian conobbio plus a whole host of brazillian youngsters.

So, who to play where. Diarra or flamini in defensive midfield which would then leave the other one for the non attacking cm position. The attacking cm position is probably between arshavin or jiminez. however down the wings and upfront im not sure who to go for.

Anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

Hi, Im in the second season on v8.02 and I am Newcastle United. I have 44 million to spend and last season finished 5th, losing out on goals difference to chelsea on european champions league.

My team is

Gk Shay Given

DR Faye

DL enrique

DC Taylor

DC Ignashevich

RM Milner

ML Ryan Taylor

MC Mihelic/Matias Fernandez

MC Barton

ST Vagner Love

ST Owen/Briand/Kardec.

with back up players such as Paulo Ferreira. Geremi, Torje, Piatti and stancu and am getting Alex Teixeira and Liviu Ganea at end of season. I have bidded for Ustari which will get accepted as realease claus and he is interested. also bidded for akinyeev and loris. Vagner Love banged them in last season finishing third in the scorers but no one else scored really. Briand and kardec got a few but own was a ket down and wnats to move to a bigger club so might sell to raise more money. I need a right back, a lm maybe and a cm with a goals scorer aswell. Help would be much appreciated. I said I would qualify for europe and the board expect it aswell. Thanks in advance.

Don't boo me too much but I am a Sunderland fan and one of the best games I had on FM07 to my shame was Newcastle lol.

Gonna start a game as them at the weekend so what positions need to be strengthened at the start?

On patch 8.0.2 by the way. Thanks.

oke need your thoughts on this one; Chelsea made an enquire on Owen and now they've offered me £20m for him. Im offseason before the 2nd season, he had 33goals in 41 games and an avg rating of 7.45. Strikers I have are Smith, Viduka and Martins and Cavani is joining on july 1st. Is £20m enough for him? He is quite injury prone though ;[ If I accept it, any tips on a replacement?

Does anyone actually think Joey Barton is good in the game? He never seems to do a good job for me. and now he has fallen from the pecking order, behind the likes of Nigel De Jong, Niicky Butt and Alan Smith. I played in a standard 4-4-2 (barrow for one MC, farrow for the rest).

well im newcastle and the tactic im using is the 442 project and it works wonders although did have ablip and lost 5.2 to sunderland worst team i had to lose aginst probally cus i changed my defence but ive won all the games expet that half way though the season yest to play sunderland agen im an swfc fan but wanted to be in the premiership for a little test soz bout spelling

I have the 8.02 patch and in my second season.

i ended season one as 15 and would like to try and get to be a title contender for the premier league. Can anyone reccomend some signings and some tactics

as the 442 formation did more harm than good last season.

If you need to have it I will bring post what my current team is tomorrow

i've just started a game as Newcastle on 8.0.2

promised them european football and with budget adjustment got £50 million

so far my main signings are Van Der Vaart, Samba, Mattock... also signed loads of youth players for future.

am going to play an attacking 4-3-1-2 formation with two attacking wide men, which i have used on other games previously.

will post more later including further transfers and how i'm going.

I have the 8.02 patch and in my second season.

i ended season one as 15 and would like to try and get to be a title contender for the premier league. Can anyone reccomend some signings and some tactics

as the 442 formation did more harm than good last season.

Here is my team as it stands

(Gk) Hugo Lloris (14m)

(Dr) Habib Beye

(DC) Fernando Meira (7.75m)

(DC) Christopher Samba (1.7m)

(DL) Enrique

(MR) Aaron Lennon (22.5m)

(ML) Pablo Piatti (300k)

(MC) Barton

(MC) Geremi

(FC) Obefami Martins /Stancu (875k)

(FC) Owen

Subs:

Emre

Milner

NZogbia

Smith

Taylor

Not Used (How much can i sell these for)

Given (Is my sub Goalie)

Harper

Faye

Kadar

Cacapa

D Duff

Ameobi

Any help will be apreciated

Ok. Play Steven Taylor Ahead of Samba and In the big games play Samba and Taylor. He is a beast. You need a new RB as well. Try Rafinha or Ryan TAylor. Lm wise try bidding for Jeremy Menez, Matias Fernandez or Mihelic. Depending on your Budget. Also I think You need 2 new strikers. Owen and Martins never performed for me and Stancu never performs anyway. Hes not Prem Class. Hes just a player where you buy cheap and sell for like 7.5 million. MAybe bid for Vagner LOve, Briand, Gignac, Cavani or Alan Kardec future. And try get Alex for VAsco. Also you need a new CM but if you try getting Fernandez and Menez they can swap with LM and CM

Just pipped Liverpool to the final Champions League place in the first season. Now I have problems because my squad is pretty thin. My first choice team is:

GK Shay Given

DR Habib Beye

DC Jonathan Zebina

DC Steven Taylor

DL Thomas Vermaelan

MR Giles Barnes

MC Rafael Carioca

MC Marek Sapara

ML Edu Albacar

FC Obafemi Martins

FC Mark Viduka

I also signed Federico Fazio and Jefferson Farfan, but Fazio has struggled to force his way into my team except during the African Nations, and Farfan hasn't worked out quite as planned.

The first major problem is that Michael Owen hasn't performed for me, and that left me relying on Martins and Viduka because I foolishly failed to sign any strikers in the first season.

That leaves another dilemma. I wanted to strengthen the midfield and Riquelme is available from Boca, but that would mean I only had 18m to reinforce the rest of my squad.

The only players I sold were Kazenga Lua Lua and James Milner, so most of the original players are still available.

Depending on his stas look at Briand. Try to get Vagner Love although he has most probably moved clubs already. Get rid of Owen for around 10 million. Also offer Martins for 16 mill and see if anyone offers anything. defence is fine. You need to look for a kepper. Try getting Ustari who has a realease claus of 4.1 million of Ochoa. Or you could sell given and try getting lloris. Where is BArton. If your not playing him then get rid of him for around 6 million along with smith. Bid for Mihelic and Piatti on the cheap

Erm.. well some recommend one to me which looks unusal but does actually work.

GK

CB CB

WBR WBL

RM DM LM

AM AM

ST

With the DM arrow supporting the 2 defender and the LM and RM arrows point towards the striker the the 2 AM arrows pointing towards the striker.

If that is no use the just play a normal 4 man defence with 3 CM and an AM pointing in between the striker and then 2 strikers with one striker getting wide. If thats no use to you aswell then just say and ill look for more I have saved which have worked.

Just started a new game with Toon!

Told the board I would get Top Half Finish.

I've signed:

Sol Campbell - £4.7m - Portsmouth

Yoann Gourcuff - 3mth Loan - A.C. Milan

Rafael Van Der Vaart - £12m - HSV

Jermain Defoe - £7m - Tottenham

I've sold:

Matty Pattinson - £875k - Norwich

Shola Ameobi - £4.5m - Portsmouth

James Troisi - £230k - Crystal Palace

Playing 4-4-2 Diamond:

GK Harper (Given is injured)

DL Enrique

DR Beye

DC Campbell

DC Faye

DMC Butt (Barton is injured)

ML N'Zogbia

MR Gourcuff

AMC Van Der Vaart

FC Owen

FC Defoe (Martins is injured

SUBS:

GK Forster

MLC Emre

DC Taylor

AMRL Milner

AMRC/FC Smith

I've got ML and MR with arrows forward.

Played 2 games so far. Lost to Man U 1-0 and lost to Tottenham 4-0.

Finding it hard to get the tactics / team right. I think the signings are good, just need them in the right positions playing right.

Any comments??

8.02 2nd season March 2009 3rd in league Play a 4-2-3-1

GK Bailly

RB Lustig

LB Shorey

CB Taylor

CB Zapatti

MC Smith

MC Pavel

AMC Farfan

AMC N'Zogbia

AMC Piatti

ST Owen

Subs

Given

Samba

Steven Smith

Huddlestone

Saivet

Doyle

Martins

Have found that Pardo Pavel is brilliant, Farfan averaging 7.90 throughout whole season.

Tactics do work as well expecially well against the bigger teams!!

Paul

i applaud you on getting rid of Ameobi lol. and yeah some good signings not sure about champbell? i went for samba and felipe.

i play a DLDCDCDR DMCMCMAMRAML FC formation which works well foir me very attacking but if i fail to score usually i lose not by many though! N'Zogbia seems toplay better as an AML so maybe try playing more attacking formaiton?

Cheers dexta.

I've since put in Given for Harper and Barton in for Butt.

Also, put Van Der Vaart with an arrow pointing between Defoe and Owen and he's been banging them in!!

Played 11 games now:

6 wins

4 defeats

1 draw

My team so far...

GK Given, Krul

DR Beye, Volz

DL Enrique, Filipe

DC Taylor, Lescott, Fazio, Samba, Nordtveit

DM Zabaleta, de Jong, Barton

RW Wright-Phillips, Milner

LW N'Zogbia

AM Fernandez, Emre (retrained to AM LC)

ST Owen, Martins, Zarate, Al-Hawasawi

I'm currently top of the Premiership and 7 points clear of Liverpool after 11 games. Getting Giles Barnes in the next transfer window, and I'm going to look into signing Oscar Ustari as I've just this minute realised that he is available for the price mattjm paid for him.

With my team doing so well thanks to some tweaked tactics, where else should I improve? I could do with a better left winger as Duff isn't performing and N'Zogbia's only back up is Fernandez, who has other duties.

TBh i don't know why people overhaul the newcastle squad so much, i got 4th and 6th without that much of a change in players. Though i did buy Dani Alves, Tomas Hubshmann and Colocinni for defenders.

Cassano on loan is a greta deal, he won world play of the year when i loaned him, and owen was runner up so dont sell him. For me Owen got 33 prem goals in 35 games. And in 2018, he needs 2 more goals to beat Milburns record.

First season I bought Volz, Lescott, de Jong, Fernandez and Al-Hawasawi.

Finished second, but I was incredibly lucky at the last stage in the season to do so. My team was still easily capable of getting in the top 5 without such good fortune.

I still regularly feature mainly original players, in Given, Taylor, Beye, Barton, Emre, N'Zogbia, Owen, Martins, and Ameobi even makes the occasional appearance.

I'm a Newcastle fan, it would spoil my enjoyment if I ruined the Newcastle spirit.

right my 1st season has been fun so far! never been newcastle and its pretty cool. don't think i would have enjoyed it before the money though!

right lets get down to business just finished January Transfer Window, These transfers are for whole season...

Transfers In:

Matias Fernandez - 13.25million (overprice but couldnt get it down)

Fabricio Coloccini - 7.75million

Felipe - 5million

Yoann Gouffran - 3.6million

Dagoberto - 3.1million

Marek Suchy - 2.9million

Christopher Samba - 2.3million

Leandro Gioda - 2million

Lubos Kalouda - 1.8million

Mamadou Sakho - 775k

Henri Saivet - 550k

Rene Mihelic - 275k

Georginio Wijnaldum - Free

Juan Manuel Mata - Loan

Ever Banega - Loan

Transfers Out:

Geremi - 2.5million

David Edgar - 1.3million

Tamas Kadar - 775k

Abdoulaye Faye - 725k

Cacapa - 450k

James Troisi - 300k

Mark Doninger - 70k

Darren Lough 45k

Pick of the Results:

Newc 4-0 Boro

Newc 3-0 Spurs

Everton 0-3 Newc

Newc 2-1 Man Utd

Into final of league cup against Tottenham!

beat

Bradford 2-0

Blackburn 2-0

Ipswich 2-1

Wigan 2-0

Man City 2-0 and lost 2-1 so 3-2 on Agg.

so far my best players have been Fernandez, Kalouda and N'Zogbia also Mata and Banega in their appearances have been pretty outstanding!

5th in the League 8 points off top but still pretty good. played 23 Won 13 Drawn 4 Lost 6 hopefully can keep winning beat the top 4 teams and get Champions League! Uefa Cup would be good though been a bit lost this season without it!

Good going dexta! I had trouble against the 'top 4' in my first season, apart from against Arsenal. Man Utd beat me away but we drew at home. Liverpool hammered me both home and away.

Yet still, somehow, I finished 2nd. The second season has brought me eleven straight wins out of eleven games, and all wins in the ECC group stage so far, too.

Pick of this season's results:

Newcastle 2-0 Man Utd (Martins, two great runs and two amazing long strikes)

Newcastle 6-1 Chelsea (Hat tricks from Michael Owen and Federico Fazio)

Since downloading a new set of tactics and tweaking them to my liking, plus buying two new great centre-backs in Christopher Samba and Federico Fazio, I'm an absolute menace from the corner flag. N'Zogbia has most assists this season because he takes them, and his rating is only a 14.

The entire team is rock solid. No dodgy performances, no 'off-days'. I don't know whats happening, but it makes me moist to see Newcastle doing so well. If only it was real.

haha nice mate!

6-1 against chelsea! nice. i never beat them as i support them i dont know why just one of those things i guess..

they just knocked me out of the 4th round FA Cup! 3-2

always give a good effort but sometimes just not enough!

Kalouda has won Young Player of the Month Award 4 in a row now! been briliant!! Average rating of 7.59 27games 10 goals 8 assists and 8 MOM!! amazing for only 1.8million!

Lucky you, I missed out on him at the last minute. Yeah, the Chelsea game... it seemed I couldn't NOT score from a corner. Every time it drifted in, Fazio lost his man and was in enough space to get a clean header on it.

I've had other similar victories against weaker clubs, but to so resoundingly beat the two teams that caused me so much grief in the first season was a brilliant feeling. Especially when it's the defender you've JUST bought who's out there justifying your reasons.

If you haven't already got him - Federico Fazio, SW, DC, DM, 20 heading, 19/18 jumping, 16 marking, 16 tackling. Brilliant.

Best players in first season were Lescott, Taylor, N'Zogbia, Owen, and of course, Given.

yeah tried Fazio but i think he has a lower PA on my game doesn't look as good as sometimes ive had him...

i have samba, coloccini, felipe, suchy, taylor, Gioda and Sakho im sure i can cope without him anyway lol.

the corner tactic never seems to work for me anymore icon_confused.gif hasnt for games now! samba has the most with 8 goals.

not sure why it doesn't work for me though?

What do you do?

I set the corner to drift, in-swinging, into the 6 yard box, with one centre-back set to 'forward' and the other set to 'challenge keeper'. If one fails, the other is usually right behind him, and if not, thats where Owen usually finds himself.

I'll upload a screenshot of my tactics when I can be bothered :p

haha well i have one challenging keeper one attacking near post and a few attacking from deep and a few outside area. thing thats weird in my man city game richards got over 100 goals in 3 seasons but just doesnt seem to work in past 3 games. just beaten Spurs 4-2 in LEague cup Final!! goals from Martins 2 from Owen and a corner from Samba!

right really regret winning the league cup now! ever since i did my results have been

Newc 3-0 Spurs

Newc 0-1 Man City

NEwc 2-2 Everton

Wigan 2-1 Newc

so annoying!! never going to get 4th place now!! 7 points off it! only 5 points ahead of 6th as well already got Uefa cup through league cup but still want 5th place finish or bit of a ruined season really! still got united chelsea and arsenal to play along with west ham bburn pompey derby and villa! come on newc!!

I'm in a similar position to Dexta.

Just had Jan transfer window.

Players In:

Sol Campbell £4.7m

Rafael Van Der Vaart £12m

Jermain Defoe £7m

Players Out:

Matty Pattinson £875k Norwich

James Troisi £230k Crystal Palace

Shola Ameobi £4.5m Portsmouth

David Rozehnal £1.2m Siena

Mark Viduka £2m Fulham

David Edgar £1m Scunthorpe

Kazenga Lua Lua £120k Norwich

Alan Smith £4.2m Portsmouth

Tim Krul Loan Vitesse

In the summer I'm getting Cani from Aston Villa (£2.6m) and Oier Olazabal from Barcelona (£140k) - top class potential keeper, so then I can get rid of Harper.

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1:

GK

DL, DC, DC, DR

DMC

ML MR

AMC AMC

FC

Currently in 5th, 2 points behind 3rd place with at least 1 game in hand, in some cases 2.

Notable results:

Beat Middlesbro and Bolton 5-2.

Beat Birmingham 4-0 and Man City 4-2.

Beat Liverpool 4-1 and West Ham 4-0.

Lost to Portsmouth 4-1 tho!

And I'm out of both the League and FA Cups.

Owen is on fire: 26 goals from 30 appearances!

Van Der Vaart has 9 goals and 9 assists from 30apps.

nice mate! hopefully you will be able to get that 4th place spot! i dont think mines very likely

Arsenal 80

Chelsea 74

Man Utd 73

Liverpool 71

NEwcastle 63

but then Fulham 51

so ive comfortably got 5th place its just next season i need to make up those 8 points and more! just beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 3-2 icon_biggrin.gif only 3 games to go so unless liverpool lose every one and i beat united Villa and Arsenal i wont get itlol

I would have liked more for Milner if I was you. He's been playing well this season.

Unfortunately I didn't make Europe! I had a dismal run in and just couldnt get a result!

Finished 9th, 4 points from Europe.

spose its what I said to the board(top half finish). But Newcastle should be playing European football!

It was certainly an exciting season and I cant wait for the 2nd season, the new transfers and qualifying for europe.

A good run in the cup is also a must!

Keep us updated on how you's are getting on!

oh a trasnfer i left off because it happened last min and i forgot about it...

James Milner - 4.3million plus 25% sell on.

i dont know if thats much for him? is it?

but he was rubbish!

i sold him for 20mil upfront straight. check out my screenshots!

Archived