FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

what do you thinking about this settings for AMC:

Mentality: 13

CF: 16

Pass: 13

Pressing: 15

Come deep: mix

RWB: often

LS: rearly

TBall: often

Croos: rearly

Cross from: deep

Wide play: Cut Inside

Roam: Yes

and fo FC

Mentality: 16

CF: 11

Passing: 15

Pressing: 15

Tackling: easy

Attack from deep: often

RWB: mix

LS, TB, Cross: rearly

Cross from: deep

Cross aim: mix

Wide Play: normal

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some very nice deals and surprising ones.

Didn't Tapoko come any good?

Who did you consider to be surprising, besides Alexandre Pato?

And no, Tapoko didn't really develop at all.

Tucker im going to copy and edit your layout for the season update, as im short on time these days, and your template is pretty awesome, hope you dont mind :D

I'm going to have to get that copyrighted I think!

Alexandre Pato has started the season excellently, and this result is an example of that;

kobenhavnaway81.png

Thats makes it 6 goals from 4 games now for Pato in what has been an excellent start for him.

What was also nice to see was Harry Novillio's performance; rating of 9.3 and 3 assists.

Cracking team you got there Tom :) Any chance of screenshot of Harry Novillio? What tactic are you using btw?

No problem;

novillooctober2012.png

Hasn't really developed all that well, but certainly performs very well.

RE Tactics; As Ive said before, I dont have a set tactic. I have three formations that I tweak the settings of game to game.

After a bit of a break i'm back (hope you haven't missed me too much ;))

I'm just over half way through the 2017/2018 season and things are going pretty well, so here's a very brief update.

We have Rubin in the Champions League 1st KO round after topping our group with 6 wins. We are still also in both domestic cups (we have Metz in the CDLL final & are away at GDB in the French Cup QF). And finally the league table looks like this (the one loss coming away at Nice).

Ligue1Information_LeagueTable-2-2.png

If anyone is looking for a Poacher look no further than Federico Macheda. I bought him as a back-up, and with Ronaldo currently out injured he is on fire, scoring 24 goals in his last 15 games :eek: (including 4 hattricks in the last 6 games). His scoring record this season is amazing:

FedericoMachedaStats_Form-2.png

Sorry Spike but I'm finally starting FM11 back up again and I fancy a change. What skin is that? Might check it out, normally don't change skins but I fancy something abit different.

Hey mate, good to see you back :thup:

How's things?

The skin is Steklo X1, it's a bit better than the default one.

You starting a Lyon save? It's not the same in here without you ;)

Gourcuff excelling as an AMC in my new save, Bafé is also getting some goals which will help me sell him come the end of the first season.

Bearded goal machine is starting to find his first after the injury he starts with. Only signed Rafael Toloi as a successor to Cris for €4Million, otherwise no other transfers. Reale, Harry, Grenier, Kolo, Lassama, Mehamha, Pied, Lazzy and Ishak are all going to be involved in the first team, should hopefully get at least tweny-twenty five games to aide their development. Currently sit three points clear after nine games.

I'm thirteen games into my third Ligue 1 season, so here is a sreenshot of the table;

13gamesin2012.png

Our one defeat came away at Rennes, and it was our first Ligue 1 defeat in 60 games. Besides that all has being going well so far, except the amount of goals conceded. In previous 2 seasons saw us let in just 12 goals over the course of the season, but I cant see that happening this term.

Louis Van Gaal is such an arse, anyway, thanks to the board giving me €23Million in November I've decided to add a second Brazilian defender, one Mario Fernanes from Grêmio for €17Million. He's my David Luiz impersonator given that fact there's no way I can sign the real Luiz from Chelsea. :(:thup:

Don't like that kit as much as I do this years home kit.

I love this years so much, that I ordered one the other day!

--

Now starting up my Lyon save, (take 2)... and hopefully I will actually have some coaches in the game. There was practically none before when I had other leagues on 'view-only'.

I start new game with OL. Any other suggestions? I have read OP so i wan't some other help.

So far i thinking on 4-2-3-1 tactic. But we need some new faces in the squad. Some advice will be welcome.

HoPeY do you have any suggestions about tactic, transfers? I see that you also start new game so maybe you have some advice for me or link to your tactic.
Tyoldinho do you have some tactic you gonna play at the start of the game?

Best to ask about tactics in the tactics forum mate. Much better place to ask for help.

I was only a quitter in the COD days because you had a little tent in the corner of a map, where you use to camp!! :mad:

:D Any team > Lyon.

Also, now you can't infract me anymore... Lopez is crap!

Actually I can so I wouldn't go there. :D Tents don't move either btw. ;)

For some reason Spurs allowed Sandro to leave on loan, so I snapped him up and he's proving to be an ace signing. :thup:

Sandro is fb in the game, try to get him permanently :cool:

End of Season #1 - Brief Summary

Managed to win the CDL and the Ligue 1 title in my first season. League finished up like so;

Ligue1-Season1.jpg

Real shock that Bordeaux were relegated, shame they have no players I could use.

Unfortunately despite thrashing Barça in the quarter final I went down bravely to United in the semi final, losing 2-0 on aggregate.

SemiFinalCL-Season1.jpg

Note - Utd would however be beaten 3-1 by Arsenal (cue giggle here) in the final!

Bafé and Lisandro were joint top scorers for me, Lisandro would have got more goals but he broke his foot towards the end of the season so that kind of halted his goal scoring run. Gourcuff and Pjanic were my top assist machines, both proved their class over the course of the season. Finances are looking nice and healty;

Profits-Season1.jpg

I've been given my budget and expectations for season two;

Budget-Season3.jpg

So far I've signed Moussa Sissoko for €13Million and let Mensah join Inter Milan for €3.5Million, Chelito has left Lyon on a free and Ederson refused to join any clubs unless I paid most of his salary so I simply terminated his contract for €900K.

Trying to sign Hazard but LOSC want €52Million from me, they've rejected €30Million so I think I'll have to forget about him. Will probably look at moving on Bafé (wages are simply too high given the amount of chances he wastes) and Källström on for decent fees, I might even sell Bastos as-well but only if I get a good offer for him. Tafer, Lazzy, Ishak, Lassama are coming along nicely. Debating whether to send Harry, Grenier and Reale out on loan this year. I may do, we will see.

Main aim is to retain the Ligue 1 title, win either or both of the French cups with my rotation players and at least get to the quarter finals of the Champions League as a minimal while I build my squad up. Allez l'OL!

PS - Was also not impressed that I planned to sign Pablo Piatti for something abit 'different' only for Almería to reject my offer of €11Million (all up-front as-well), accept Juve's of €10Million and him end up at Juve? :[

Ok, I think i'm going to start up a Lyon game (had the best one ever in FM08) and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on players to sign, especially is these positions:

CB -

DCM -

LW -

RW -

Cheers

Steve

Ok, I think i'm going to start up a Lyon game (had the best one ever in FM08) and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on players to sign, especially is these positions:

CB -

DCM -

LW -

RW -

Cheers

Steve

Depends on what kind of player you want and how much you want to spend?

Sorted my transfers in and out for season two.

TransfersSeason2.jpg

Will probably look at strengthening my squad in January (perhaps) as I still have €26Million left in the kitty. Sandro has a €13Million future fee which I may take up, while Elia has a €12Million future fee as Sunderland got relegated and they brought Elia for €18Million so I'll be getting Elia (if I decide to take up the agreed fee) for a decent price. Now I need to find a role which suits Elia at AMR or AML. Loan deal gives me the option to try before I buy. :thup:

Archived