FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

How does Clement Grenier develop? I've got a bid of £2.2m accepted for him, but I'm unsure whether I should carry it through as I've currently got Alan Dzagoev as well, is that a good deal? I'm Xerez in my 3rd season, I figured this would be the best place to ask?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment I've used Grenier in the MC position with the Advanced Play-maker support role or just support central midfielder. Have previously used him as Advanced Play-maker support in the AMC role as-well though. He did alright, but he's not fully developed yet so I didn't expect world class performances.

Just brought Rossi for €40Million. Paid twice as much as I would have liked, but Kun didn't want to enter into talks after I had a €20Million bid accept for him and Benzema had no interest in contract talks even though he wants to join me. :/ On the plus, Lisandro and Rossi together should be a pretty awesome pairing. With Ishak and Tafer (Lazzy as-well) as the youthful backups who will get their fair share of games. Sold Bafé for €7Million to Stoke!

I didn't find Bafe any good he just didn't do the buisness for me i played Lopez up front to start with and bought Babacar and had Lopez tutoring him. When Lopez hit about 31 i turned to Babacar who is an absolute goal machine in France he is totally unstopable. I also got 3 AMC's behind the front man. Gourcuff, Pjanic and Pastore who are causing all sorts of havoc to the defence. I'm into season 2016 now. I usually have gotten 30 -40 million after every season so decided to buy 1 - 2 qualitys players a season. I think Sissoko is a great player to buy for Lyon because he gels very quickly with the players being french and is a very consistent passer and can hit goals out of nothing from the midfield.

This is my current squad and starting 11.

http://imageshack.us/f/193/olympiquelyonnaisolympi.png/

This is Babacars stats who has now become a legend at the club after firing 4 past Arsenal in the Champions League Final.

http://imageshack.us/f/88/khoumababacarhistorycar.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/196/khoumababacarprofileatt.png/

Just brought Rossi for €40Million. Paid twice as much as I would have liked, but Kun didn't want to enter into talks after I had a €20Million bid accept for him and Benzema had no interest in contract talks even though he wants to join me. :/ On the plus, Lisandro and Rossi together should be a pretty awesome pairing. With Ishak and Tafer (Lazzy as-well) as the youthful backups who will get their fair share of games. Sold Bafé for €7Million to Stoke!

It's unlike you to spend that much on a player Hopey ;)

Haven't had much time to play lately :(

I think i'm about 8 seasons in, which is my longest save ever.

You still playing as Lyon mate?

Not playing at all at the moment mate :(

Now the cricket season has started between work, the mrs & cricket I have no spare time to play.

How about you?

Currently playing a new save I started a few days ago. Took over at Lyon in January first season. I only finished 4th, 6 points behind champions Auxerre, 3 off 2nd LOSC and 1 point off OM. The team was already out of the CdL before I took over. However I won both the French Cup and the Euro Cup by beating LOSC 2:1 twice. My only signing was Cabaye for 5.5m but in the summer I decided to spend big and brought in:

Gameiro 5m, Gervinho 12m, Kakuta 5.5m, McEachran 325k loan, Aurier 5.75m, Rami 9m and Morgan Amalfitano, Cetto, Mexes on frees.

Players I sold were:

N'diaye free, Cris to Newcastle 2.5m, Ederson LOSC 3.2m, Gomis Everton 6.25m, Chavalerin and Sampil frees, Lopes Maritimo free, Hartock Parma free, Delgado Tottenham free, Puel Cannes free, Plea GF38 65k, Abenzoar Leicester 1m, Seguin Crystal Palace 750k, Roux Chamois 10k, Briand Palermo 10m

About to start the new season after a successful pre-season(5 wins, 1 draw against PSV) and a win on penalties against Auxerre in the Champions Trophy.

Gone for another Lyon save.

Un-ticked the transfers in first window, so I could give players like Gomis a proper run in the team. Got going on scouting alot of the best domestic based players, and have composed a shortlist of 173 players, who have a PA of 2.5* or more. I'll upload this if anyone wants a look.

There are 8 players on the shortlist whose contracts are up at the end of this season. Of these 8, I'll look at getting 5 of them: Zacharie Boucher (Le Havre), Sylvain Marveaux (Rennes), Mohamed Diarra (PSG), Adama Touré (PSG) and Jean-Christpohe Bahebeck (PSG).

After 4 league games, I sit in 2nd place with 3 wins and a draw.

Lyon 3 - 0 Monaco

Lacazette x2, Gomis

Caen 2 - 3 Lyon

El Arabi x2; Bastos, Lacazette, Gomis

Lyon 1 - 1 Brest

Lacazette; Roux

Lorient 1 - 3 Lyon

Kone; Lacazette, Lisandro, Briand

As you can see, impressive start by Lazzy in the poacher role, which is now occupied by Gomis following Lisandro's return from injury. I wanna just motor through this season, so I can re-vamp the squad next summer. I tend to do that now, as there are more clubs with more money after 1 season, so an increased chance of selling players for good money.

May try and bring in a winger (less likely with the Marveaux deal to hopefully go through at the end of the season, will use Pied as back up) and a centre back (Bruno Ecuélé Manga or Mapou Yanga Mbiwa) in January, or just arrange for some deals to be done in the next summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Me is. Finished my fifth season a week ago and won the quadrupple with Lyon, beating Porto in the CL final with 5-0. Was really hoping for Barça in the final, but somehow they lost to Porto.

I'm playing as Lyon, but haven't posted in here before. Just finished my 11th season with them, won 8 league titles, 2 Champions League titles, a Europa League (last season, Olympics destroyed my team for CL qualifiers and I went out to Rubin), plus numerous French/League cups and super cups. If I get some time this week I was going to do a more in-depth update, maybe even a story, which hopefully wouldn't be too boring!

Lloris still going strong btw :cool: Iirc he only missed 1 game in my first 8 years or something stupid like that. Gets injured a bit more now but still an easy first choice at 34. Also posting in the youth player thread over on CSE - this is my most recent update.

Thinking I might start a Lyon save...

Think you shoud do that. Great team to manage!

Nice one. Who scored?

Otamendi, Babacar (2), Pjanic and Abanda. Abanda is my great new striker from Cameroon, he is a regen. Here is a screenie of him:

2rzbcdf.png

I'm playing as Lyon, but haven't posted in here before. Just finished my 11th season with them, won 8 league titles, 2 Champions League titles, a Europa League (last season, Olympics destroyed my team for CL qualifiers and I went out to Rubin), plus numerous French/League cups and super cups. If I get some time this week I was going to do a more in-depth update, maybe even a story, which hopefully wouldn't be too boring!

Lloris still going strong btw :cool: Iirc he only missed 1 game in my first 8 years or something stupid like that. Gets injured a bit more now but still an easy first choice at 34. Also posting in the youth player thread over on CSE - this is my most recent update.

Awesome.

Thinking I might start a Lyon save...

Do it.

Otamendi, Babacar (2), Pjanic and Abanda. Abanda is my great new striker from Cameroon, he is a regen. Here is a screenie of him:

2rzbcdf.png

Looks good man.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, no post in the Lyon thread for 2 weeks?

This place isn't the same without Hopey :( I am starting as Lyon tonight!

Was hoping this place would be active so I could ask lots of lovely questions, but I will have to re-read through the thread to find some answers!

I was just looking at first season and who you would need to sign.

Looks like Lyon only need a CB, and went with Mexes in the end for £9.75m.. and lost 2-0 against Club Africain. :(

What happened to your Lille save?

Chairmen accepted a £6.5m bid for Cabaye, so I quit.

Club Africain, haha. :D

Shut up, I was testing tactics :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm about to start a Lyon save and I was wondering if there are any recommended transfers to make (both in and out). After reading the initial post I was thinking of signing Galeano to give some depth to the back line, plus he looks good for the future. Also, seeing as I'll be fielding 2 DM's I am looking to add at least one more to the squad. Any help is appreciated :)

I'm going after Galeano for sure. I offered Gomis out for £8m attracting the interest of Arsenal and Newcastle, but both are loan-to-buy offers. I'm wondering if I should keep him and try to move him again in January. Is it common to get an increase in the transfer budget down the road? The club seems pretty profitable.

I'm creeping up on November and I've been asking myself if I should sell Pjanic. I've had him in previous saves and he's been immense, but between Gourcuff and Grenier I've been having a hard time finding playing time for him. So, I'm wondering if I should try to move him during the January transfer window and if so, how much should I look to get for him?

Archived