FM11: Portsmouth FC Thread: No Money, No Players.. But We're Still Fighting!

Ty

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go up I would just retain the side and make just one signing

Conor Wickham

You wont have the finances to do anything else so just work on the basis your goign to get relegated no matter what and that the signing above should fire you back to the Prem the following year

on that basis are you almost better not going up first season and then when you go up second season having a slightly stronger squad to have half a chance to stay up?

You get £40m for you one year in the prem plus the subsequent parachute payments.

No brainer about promotion

i was planning on using nugent uprfont with kitson but he is out for the firt couple of months injured! the player on my bench now who isnt from the ressies or U18 is Kanu. I have a decent start though, won2 lost 2 been inconcsistent but definately improving, last match pulled it from 2-1 down in injury time to win 3-2 thanks to Utaka!

i was planning on using nugent uprfont with kitson but he is out for the firt couple of months injured! the player on my bench now who isnt from the ressies or U18 is Kanu. I have a decent start though, won2 lost 2 been inconcsistent but definately improving, last match pulled it from 2-1 down in injury time to win 3-2 thanks to Utaka!

Kitson and Utaka were my partnership up front

Kitson and Utaka were my partnership up front

i have been thinking about it as kitson isnt playing great up front by himself but im playing 4-2-3-1 and utaka has had a great start on the left playing as an inside striker, i think it might need a change though in a couple of games

11 games in and im sitting in 5th place and just brought in my first players - Adrianno Basso (GK) on free till the end of the season, Luke Moore (ST) on loan for three months, Corry Evans (CD,CDM,CM) on loan for three months and ben hoskin (RB)

Basso is 35(?) so only in for this season, jamie ashdown isnt doing great and i have an annoying habit of going 1 - 0 down early doors in a lot of my matches, luke moore could probably push for a 1st team place with nugent injured yet again, if he does well can buy him for free in the january transfer window. Corry Evans will be the most useful i think because is he versatile and is a lot better then the backup already at pompey. Lastly is Ben Hoskin, a decent young right back brought in for cover but could be a useful signing in the future.

Ive also offered a contract to Jay Demerit who is suprsingly still a free agent and offered a contract to ben davies who can play all across the midfield if needed form notts co (accepted an 80k bid), bristol city have offered him one as well though so its 50-50 at the moment with the limited wage budget.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: ben davies just went to city and corry evans got injured on his first day of training! Only for a week though :thup:

basso is an interesting alternative as a free transfer was/is a solid keeper irl how has he done?

as said above im not convinced by ashdown but theres little alternative

Ive played one games since the transfers came in and beat a struggling leicester side 1-0. I played Basso and he got a rating of 6.90, not having to do much but keeping a clean sheet on his debut one of only three of four this season. Luke Moore played the full 90 with Nugent out injured and got man of the match playing 7.7 and setting up michael browns goal! i also played demerit but he was injured after only three minutes, thankfully with the new players i had the likes of mokoena, corry evans and hoskin to bolster what was previously a very weak bench. A great start then for Basso and Moore, and with demerit out for 5-6 weeks corry evans will prbably push for the first team straight away. im now 4th after 12 games four points off the top and 2 points clear of 7th

I really want the full game!

This demo is so appealing, I want more!!

--

Couple thoughts, anyone else think Ashdown makes a couple of stupid mistakes? I would love the funds for another goalkeeper :(

Nugent is awesome for some reason as well, anyone else getting that?

If you go up I would just retain the side and make just one signing

Conor Wickham

You wont have the finances to do anything else so just work on the basis your goign to get relegated no matter what and that the signing above should fire you back to the Prem the following year

He was going to be one of my main watched players on FM11, didn't think we would be able to afford him even if we went up. Thought he would be highly priced.

Will keep him in mind then.

Only bad thing about getting promoted, you don't get freebie loan youngsters from big clubs in the Premiership anymore :thdn:

I really want the full game!

This demo is so appealing, I want more!!

--

Couple thoughts, anyone else think Ashdown makes a couple of stupid mistakes? I would love the funds for another goalkeeper :(

Nugent is awesome for some reason as well, anyone else getting that?

it is annoying because im getting into the game but know i want continue it into fm11 because i need more players and leagues added.

Also Ashdown was poor for me so i brought in Adriano Basso for free, hes played 3 conceded 1 with two clean sheets - ave rating of 6.9 - not brilliant maybe but in the games hes played he hasnt had to do much. I would recommend him

Also Sheer your transfer tip was dubbed the next alan shearer on my game!

I think he will be available at a price for under £5m

Not bad, looks brilliant on this years!

Took a lot of work on FM10, was hard to develop him.

Great minds think alike, I brought in both of them in my first demo run!

JET - Great backup and utility man! The boy can play everywhere, from centre back to striker! Not sure about goalkeeper, but hey! Shove him there as well.

Shelvey - Would dominate in the middle of the park, his attacking skills and mentality are beyond his age. Anyone who doesn't get him would be silly.

The other signing I would make first season (I had around 220k to spend)

Davide Chiumiento

Played very well on the left wing for me

Wont be on our games Sheer, we aren't blessed with having the game early! ;)

Think anyone playing as Pompey has got to treat it as a serious long termer.

Theres no quick fixes unless your extremely lucky to get a Tycoon takeover which will get boring after 5 seasons to be honest

I hated Tycoon takeovers, they make you game boring! batty1 had one on FM10.

I am glad Portsmouth are a game that I can make longterm on FM11 :D

yep tyl i said above ashdown made a few errors again

out of interest i started a fresh demo and he again made 3 match turning glaring errors

nugent has performed poorly on both saves, interestingly or not in 4 demos cardiff have been top in 3 and 2nd in one

Great minds think alike, I brought in both of them in my first demo run!

JET - Great backup and utility man! The boy can play everywhere, from centre back to striker! Not sure about goalkeeper, but hey! Shove him there as well.

Shelvey - Would dominate in the middle of the park, his attacking skills and mentality are beyond his age. Anyone who doesn't get him would be silly.

Im a blackpool fan so i saw JET play for us last year, seemed to improve with every game and was quality at donny. As you say, shelvey is a no brainer

That one too :)

That one was a belter! \o/

Yes, but I don't mind as it's more realistic!

ive just brought in jonjo shelvey and jay emmanuel thomas on three months loan, have a really good squad now and a strong bench for the numerous injuries im getting

Good signings, Shelvey was good for me.

Think anyone playing as Pompey has got to treat it as a serious long termer.

Theres no quick fixes unless your extremely lucky to get a Tycoon takeover which will get boring after 5 seasons to be honest

Yeah, should be a cracking FM game, actually really looking forward to it!

Thats because Ashdown is error prone :D

Really!? I hadn't noticed ;)

alright guys, leeds fan here, I really hope Portsmouth dont go under, a fantastically supported team IMO

How do you go about posting a Youtube Video? I had a big problem with defenders dwindling on the ball allowing strikers to take it off them and score

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231260-Just-a-general-error-IMO?p=6014443#post6014443

would like to post what I saw so everyone can see what I'm so annoyed about cause as put in the thread it isnt the first time it has happened

cheers

alright guys, leeds fan here, I really hope Portsmouth dont go under, a fantastically supported team IMO

How do you go about posting a Youtube Video? I had a big problem with defenders dwindling on the ball allowing strikers to take it off them and score

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231260-Just-a-general-error-IMO?p=6014443#post6014443

would like to post what I saw so everyone can see what I'm so annoyed about cause as put in the thread it isnt the first time it has happened

We won't go under now, things have been sorted (sort of)

I see, well you need to login into youtube on FM and then just click upload on the match.

thanks for your reply standard, just 1 thing thats a problem for me is everytime I click on the certifying thingy at the bottom after clicking on upload highlights, it sends me to the terms and conditions, I then thought its cause I havent got an account, so i created 1 and its still the same, I havent physically logged in to youtube on FM, I cant seem to find where to do this, sorry if i seem a bit thick haha

Archived