FM11: Portsmouth FC Thread: No Money, No Players.. But We're Still Fighting!

Ty

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So signing anyone from November onwards is OK?

Also, surely that means that the option to allow other clubs to conduct business over the August transfer window must be disabled as well, so that it matches rl.

BTW, we did pick up free transfers under the embargo, Rocha, Ashdown, Flav and Hermann

I'm sure Sheer will tell you Mr. Webb!

I look forward to reading his reply :)

Apologies if I am missing out on an unwritten rule about this sort of thing around here, but I'm new to this FM community stuff! I always felt a bit wrong signing people during the first August transfer window... but you can't switch off other teams doing in on the PSP version so I joined in so I didn't get left behind...

Brown hasn't got a red card for me all season, but has been suspended for getting 5 yellow cards or what ever it is for the Championship!

Brown scores some great goals.

I beat Wolves in the FA Cup 3rd Round and then got Chelsea in the 4th Round, was winning 2-1 at HT and lost 3-2 at the end :( Kalou/Benayoun ruining the party for me!

Got FM11 today and started a game as my beloved Pompey.

After 4 games in the Championship I have won 3 and lost 1 and sit 2nd but am struggling with such a small squad.

Kitson picked up an injury for a couple of months and now mokoena is out for 6 months with a broken leg on top of the standard injuries!

Will keep you posted...

Vine has just become the youngest player to score in the Championship at 16 and 139 days, coming off the bench

This makes me happy!

Don't forget you have Magri and Williams as well, don't forget to use them!

'fav'... Reaaaaaally Standard? Come on, how much longer does it take to write the full word?

--

7 points clear at the top, after drawing two on the trot and then winning against Coventry 2-0!

Now in early February!

Will start a game with Pompey soon because I want to check if I can battle for promotion to PL with this squad.

I've visited, with a large group from Holland, quite some matches of Pompey the last few years, last match was 23rd of October against Hull City FC (1-2).

Pompey will be supported in Holland as well. Play up Pompey!

We are too good for a parent club :cool:

Flahavan has let in a few shockers this season, I cannot wait to get a new goalkeeper :(

He came out rushing to get the ball, tried to header... missed, and let Holt score in an empty net from 20 yards.

Will start a game with Pompey soon because I want to check if I can battle for promotion to PL with this squad.

I've visited, with a large group from Holland, quite some matches of Pompey the last few years, last match was 23rd of October against Hull City FC (1-2).

Pompey will be supported in Holland as well. Play up Pompey!

That is great news man!

Glad to see we are supported from Holland :cool:

Yeah, definitely start as Portsmouth, it is really enjoyable.

Started a Portsmouth save.

Am still in pre season. Results not been that good but im sure its more down to sorting out the right tactics.

Have fired the scout that was already at the club and replaced him with a Simon Hunt who cost nothing apart from the £475 per week wages as he was unattached, and has pretty good stats.

Would recommend him to anyone starting out.

Also fired one of the Physio's as his stats were very very poor and thought it would free up a bit of cash for possibly bring in another coach later down the line.

It has been frustrating watching all the other teams in the league buy and sell players. But as long as my transfer targets are still there when the embargo is lifted i will be happy.

Am going to try and get the players that Tyoldinho mentioned in above post.

Though i have a few questions to ask. Have you guys got rid of any of the guys you have on loan at the start of the game, to ,make room for other loan signings latter in the season?

Kakuta is a great loan player, he was sad to leave Portsmouth after his 3 month spell in January, but didn't want to come back again and played in Chelsea's reserves :thdn:

I'm now in November, 13th in the league :( I went on a good run of 5 strait wins and then I went on a losing streak. Got Lansbury, De Laet, Stoor on 3 month loans and got Davenport on a free. Liam Lawrence is out for 3 months, Mokoena and Dickinson were out for 3 months but now back. Think I might need to tweak my tatics abit as I can't keep relieing on Utaka.

That is really wierd!

Lawrence got injured in November for 3 months on mine as well, I really did miss him. He was the best assister in the Championship before his injury!

--

I am currently 37 games in and I am sitting first, lost a two in a row and then I though we was going to throw it away.. but now won the last 3 in a row! With Utaka back on scoring form with 23!

i had a great demo half season finishing top but i cant emulate that so far! I'm 8 games in and 15th, 3points of playoffs. Larwence and Utaka not making any where near the impact they did in the save. However Matt Rithcie has been great! Hes my top goalscorer playing 7 games, scoring 4, two assists and an ave rating of 7.29 hows he doing with you guys? Things looking up now though just come off the back of a 5-0 win against Leicester and have just started playing Flahavan and hes played two games with two clean sheets- not bad!

Ritchie is improving a lot on mine, some of his attributes have gone up!

5 goals and 5 assists all season, but he hasn't played as much as everyone else, due to the loans I brought in.

He single handedly won me a game with 2 goals to make it 2-1!

Short update.

Just played my first game of the season. Beat Swansea 1-0 away from home.

Big Dave kitson with the goal.

Off to a winning start.

Oh BTW anyone know how to get / upload footage from in game to youtube?

Hi,

Just played my first game of the season after an odd preseason. After loosing 5-1 & 3-0 to blackpool and stevenage We beat chelsea 2-0 in my final friendly....go figure...

Anyway no players have gone yet and have brought a few in on frees...

Frederico magallanes

Febian brandy

Akubakari yakubu the yak is back!

Derek Geary

Jimmy walker

Devann Yao

Majid oulmers

Played 442 with walker yakubu and brandy starting in a 2-1 away win at Preston with brandy MOM :)

Hoping someone will buy nugent to free up more wages and have asked for a parent club...I assume the board come back with choices?

Also moved some staff out and replaced with those with higher stats...

The fans and the board like the yak signing so all in all a promising start....

Hey guys, just started my pompey save and absoloutely loving it :).I started off okay about mid table untill mid september where we just couldnt stop winning we went 7 unbeaten and are now 5th after a loss to preston but i feel i can definately get promoted. I've got united as my feeder team like most of u and have brought in evans smalling(who has got 4 in 6) ritchie de laet all the loanees are around 7.3 average reating with smnalling at 7.5. i am playing a classic 4 4 2 utaka has got 7 so far as poacher ansd im rotating nugent and kitson in the other role thtas all for now. any reccomendations for frees or good loanees for january would be nice :) thanks will keep u posted on how it goes.

I got them promoted in the first season on fm11, via the playoffs.

Although the squad is small, there are some really good players at this level. I went for a 3-4-3 formation as full back is a weak area of the team.

Once the transfer ban was up, I loaned Wilson from Liverpool, Smalling from Man U and Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal. These three bulked out the squad.

John Utaka, David Nugent and Kanu got me promoted, they were a great front three. Utaka was the leagues top scorer with 33.

Brown and Mullins in midfield were solid and dependable.

A great challenge is once you actually get into the prem...because all your players leave on a free.

I had a squad of 13 players on july 1st, half of them young reserve players.

It's been a lot of fun trying to get cheap players in.

Rocha's been worse for me, continuing my demo save for a bit he's had at least 4 reds, just got a 6 match ban for his latest one (Brown also sent off in that match, both by 20 mins, I won 2-1!). Ridiculous red cards as well, long balls over the top, for some reason he slide tackles a player when he should be trying to head it? Would be better if they had him sent off for something realistic not sliding someone for no reason.

Made one permanent signing in January, Tom Hateley from Motherwell for £400k, looks pretty decent CM, rated 3 stars when I signed him but could be decent Premiership option so a solid cheap player if I get promoted. Annoyingly thought he was a RB at first (he can play there but the position it told me about in the scout report was CM!) but I suppose I'll need to replace Brown anyway so it's one less thing to do in the summer. Mullins can still fill the RB slot for a bit plus I have plenty of CBs who can play slightly out of position if he's injured/suspended like he currently is!

I got them promoted in the first season on fm11, via the playoffs.

Although the squad is small, there are some really good players at this level. I went for a 3-4-3 formation as full back is a weak area of the team.

Once the transfer ban was up, I loaned Wilson from Liverpool, Smalling from Man U and Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal. These three bulked out the squad.

John Utaka, David Nugent and Kanu got me promoted, they were a great front three. Utaka was the leagues top scorer with 33.

Brown and Mullins in midfield were solid and dependable.

A great challenge is once you actually get into the prem...because all your players leave on a free.

I had a squad of 13 players on july 1st, half of them young reserve players.

It's been a lot of fun trying to get cheap players in.

Who did you sign and what was your budget?

I love the player interaction, it is awesome.

Utaka was unhappy and wanted to leave, after a move to a bigger club.

I told him we were a growing club, and that we want him to be part of it.

He then said, he is happy to stay and hopes I keep my promise. Before asking if I wanted anything else.

Well, while your at it...

I told him if he would consider a reducing his wages as the club is financially not great, and he agreed to it.

He is now happy to stay, still the Championship top scorer and has gone from £60k a week to £25k a week. Love it.

I love the player interaction, it is awesome.

Utaka was unhappy and wanted to leave, after a move to a bigger club.

I told him we were a growing club, and that we want him to be part of it.

He then said, he is happy to stay and hopes I keep my promise. Before asking if I wanted anything else.

Well, while your at it...

I told him if he would consider a reducing his wages as the club is financially not great, and he agreed to it.

He is now happy to stay, still the Championship top scorer and has gone from £60k a week to £25k a week. Love it.

How do you play Utaka?

Archived