FM11: Portsmouth FC Thread: No Money, No Players.. But We're Still Fighting!

Ty

Webber is woeful.

Always has been.

on championship level he is a pretty good AML/inside forward, his dribbling, first touch, decent on both foots, speed (which is decent for the level)...all come in handy here

was a decent sub/rotation player for me, 4 goals and 8 assists in 6(11) games, 7,26 averange rating

would have extended his deal if I failed to get back up, but I simply cant picture him to be good enough in the epl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Superb FA cup run there malikoi, here's hoping you go all the way!

Sorry if I jinxed it :D

Haha, im proud of the boys, beating 2 of Englands top teams, so I don't mind if we go out to be honest. :) Giving them a rest between the Cardiff & West Ham game, hopefully the team will recover enough.

on other notes mr. Gaucci was nice enough to provide me with a 28m transfer kitty and 350k wages to stay clear of relagation (this was adjusted to 675k wage and 10m to buy for so I could give better contract offers, the lower budget to buy with will be compensated with a 48 month paying plan, and if needed adjust slightly to confirm transfers)

in truth I can possibly do continental/top half if a major injury crisis can be avoided, but I dont like to gamble on the sack if I fail to meat my own pre session expectations.

planed first team for my first epl session:

pompeysquad.png

transfer actions so far (im possibly looking for a loan to cover AML/AMR):

pompeytransfersforepl.png

current staff for those that might find those bits intresting:

pompeystaff.png

My latest signing at Fratton Park? Step forward Javier Mascherano, not bad for free.

nnnnns.png

That is the reason I wont be playing FM past 2 seasons.

Really needs to be fixed imho.

Hi there guys!:) Long time no speak since FM10, thinking about coming back here and joining in on all the fun. Just would need some tips and transfer help as i missed out being pompey on the demo. Much help would be appreciated i am going to create the save now so i'll keep you all updated.

Wish me luck:)

Hi there guys!:) Long time no speak since FM10, thinking about coming back here and joining in on all the fun. Just would need some tips and transfer help as i missed out being pompey on the demo. Much help would be appreciated i am going to create the save now so i'll keep you all updated.

Wish me luck:)

well its prolly best to stick with the current squad for your first year and just loan players (a fair few suggested loanies have most probebly been metioned already in this thread), if you get lucky, look to resign Utaka asp, if that fails sell him befor contracts can be offered to him, to make wage room for Ben-Haim (he is much much better then Sonko for example)

anyway my impression of the playing squad:

GK - Ashdown/Flahavan - here you have 2 back up keepers both was averange to horrible for me

DL - Carl Dickinson - fantastic defender, his agressive style and tackling is a joy to watch in the ME, might be a bit on the slow side for the epl, but you should still look to buy him permantently

DL/DR - Pete Gregory - ok ish back up

DC/DL - Hermann Hreidarsson - crocked early on but still a solid enough cb or lb back up

DC/DMC/MC - Aaron Mokoena - I used him as a DMC water carrier, was superb at cleaning up in front of my back four in something of a busquets role (if you disregard the passing that is)

DC - Ibrahima Sonko - inconsistant for me, sent him back to stoke in jan since I had better options, Magri played better...

DC - Ricardo Rocha - good solid defender, id keep him around for around for a few more years

DC - Magri - good prospect, give him games

DC/DR - Ben Haim - good epl defender, was a massive boost to my team once he got back from his loan

AMR/MR/AML/ML - Liam Lawrence - great winger and should be your main set pice taker

MC/DR - Hayden Mullins - love this guy on MC, so move him up the pitch once you get a few loans in to cover RB

MC - Michael Brown - try to stop him from shooting from distance, seams to be a good player otherwise tho

MC - Richard Hughes - was not up to the task to cover for Mokoena on DMC and could not match Mullins/Brown/Rtichie on MC, never really preformed for me on consistant basis

MC/AMC/AML/ML - Matt Rtichie - can become a decent epl player it seams

AML - Danny Webber - not up to the task of playing striker (even more so with the options around), if you are to use him train him on AML and use him as inside forward

ST - David Nugent - seams to take some time for him to get into mode, and my formation works a tad better with a creavtive/targetman type of player but I ended up with something of a Montella situation here, he simply scored so much that I had to drop Kitson to the bench

ST/AMR/MR/AML - John Utaka - fantastic player if you disregard how hard he is to resign and his current wage, had to sell him for economical reasons

ST - Dave Kitson - seams to be a decent enough targetman type of player for championship level, but was massivly outpreformed by Nugent as the session progressed

ST/AMC/MC - Nwankwo Kanu - great player for short bursts (but will never last a full match), can also be used as midfield plamaker

Why you think I turned it off!?!?! FM > Anything at the moment!!

Edits!: Currently losing to bottom of the table Doncaster..

Edit v2.0: Doncaster have just ended there 19 game losing streak against me, useless bunch of bastards I have. Ohh! And they injured Nugent.

Crazy game with Everton, had Wickham sent off on 6 minutes for a ridiculous two-footed tackle, then we gave away a penalty, Djibril Cisse converts 1-0 down. He slid in to get his 2nd on the half hour, however Moussa Sissoko scores two volleys to have us level at half-time. But after 57 mins we're 4-2 down, a Fellaini belter and Cisse completed his hat-trick. Mensah volleyed in from a cross to bring us a goal back, but Cisse added another to have us 5-3 down, with 11 minutes to go.

What happens? Eduardo pokes home from a cross on 86 mins, and in the 89th minute Sissoko completes his hat-trick by tapping in from close range, it ends 5-5! :D

Did you get the usual 'that is his first ever goal for [enter team here]'

I always get that against me :mad:

No, but I did get goooooooooooooooooallllllllllllllllllllllll gooooooaalllllll gggoooooooaaaaaaaaalllllll striker number 1 ends his goal drought.. 5 minutes later I get, goooooooooooooooal goal goal goal gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll!!!!!! Striker number 2 ends his goal drought!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get the usual 'that is his first ever goal for [enter team here]'

I always get that against me :mad:

always hapen to me, that, or a player on a long goal drought scores, often with a tap in when the ball bounce on my defender or an impressive long shoot

Haha there was a gooooooooooooalllllllllllllllllllllllllll goooaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll for Fellaini's, unfortunately Cisse's were nothing special (all tap ins really) so not really worth of exuberant celebration!

Think my hopes of Europe are over for another year, went on a horrible run the game after the Everton game, not won in 6, lost to Spurs and Man Utd and could only draw with Blackburn, Swansea, Sheff Utd and Stoke who are a lot worse than us. Also out of the FA Cup in the 5th Round, we're 7th atm behind Man City and Spurs but unless we pick up our form by some way (with Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City coming up) I can see us finishing worse than last year. Annoying as I'll probably lose a few players such as Kalou who demanded we improve this year or they'd go (which was a bit harsh, we finished higher than his first season here but I guess he wanted Europe). Really need to shape up the defence as I think that's where our problems lie, Ashley Cole is too old so will ship him out and spend money for once on a good LB, probably a new CB as well and even RB. Have got two good keepers (Smithies and regen US keeper, both 3 stars and internationals) but they'd have poor seasons.

And now a 3-1 defeat at Villa with Melo sent off on 6 minutes :/

Haha there was a gooooooooooooalllllllllllllllllllllllllll goooaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll

gota say I kinda enjoy how this kind of Carlo Zampa style of commentary is implemented, dubt an english commentator would ever do anything like it, but still, adds some spice!

I just love how, the more they edge closer to the goal, the more he starts to get excited...

Then when De Rossi scores, he goes absolutely mental!!

That is better than Mexican commentators.

Thanks for the first team feedback Falahk. Just about to start it now, i hear there is a few good young ones in the ressies? Magri, Vine & Williams are the 3 I can think of. I'll do what everyone else has done and thats not to sign anyone(obvs freebies) until the embargo is over. Should be a fun game this, planning on either using a 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation.

Hey there Ty, hows things? Hope your doing well with your pompey season too. :)

i hear there is a few good young ones in the ressies? Magri, Vine & Williams are the 3 I can think of.

Patrick Antelmi, ST and Matthew Gledhill, GK also look like they can become something on my save

im playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 depedning on what one would call it, pretty much an adaption of one of my fm10 tactics with tweaked defence and it still seams to do the trick, while 4-4-2 seams most popular in this thread and possibly also most sensible considering the amount of decent strikers

So somehow we get back in the race with unlikely wins (after 10 games without one) over Arsenal then Man City. 4 games to go and I've climbed up to 5th with other good results, what happens? Both my keepers get injured on the same day, both with different groin injuries (one a strain one a tear), both out for the rest of the season :/ luckily Liam O'Brien is sitting in my reserves so he and a young U18 GK are called up.

Face Forest in 14th, after 10 mins Gary Cahill is sent off, professional foul a quarter of a way into Forest' half :/ wasn't even furthest back player and didn't seem a bad foul, guess the ME just didn't represent it well. The commentary didn't even allude to anything bad either, just said "Cahill brings down Garner", appealed anyway which is the first time I've done so in about 3 versions. Lost 2-1 with a last minute winner.

Hey there Ty, hows things? Hope your doing well with your pompey season too. :)

Good to see you back!

I have already had two Pompey saves, one destroyed by my inability to not spend spend all the money and one save ruined by my laptop!

jamie i had serious issues with this as well

in the end he went on a free and is now playing for auxerre on 12k a week (go figure)

his agent is an utter ****** tbh, i was on utakas favoured personnel list and he always accepted to have talks to reduce contract then his agent wouldnt

i started a thread about this jamie and no response from si

essentially the player wanted to stay on a new redcuded contract but i couldnt offer one, as ty says above the game after a few seasons becomes very unpredictable in my experience

shame as the gameplay is just right imo

I got him to sign a new deal, not as low as Aux's 12K, but he's now on £23K. He signed before the end of the first season.

I came top, equalling TJC's points haul. Concentrating on young players in transfer window. So many decent talents at cheap rates. Completely forgot about Dicko being OoC, so missed out on him :(

Did bring Sonko back though, he was quality in first season. Oh, if only IRL!

has any 1 managed to get Utaka to sign a new deal to reduce his wage. I managed to get him to agree to wage cut but his agent says he is not intreseted in a new contract :S conflicting info or what

Just make sure he is happy and get in Utaka's good books using the interaction, then offer him a new contract... should be able to then.

Hmm..! Who you going to play as tonight then?

The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!

--

Sorry, but when I read you're post... it was in the voice of Pinky. (From Pinky and the Brain)

:D

Portsmouth!

Got my own back on Elshot(My LB). He moaned about lack of discipline, he gets sent off for 2 bookable offences within 2 minutes of eachother, so I fine him 2 weeks wages. Now he's unhappy, what a moany little arse. :D

On a better note, just been promoted.

jameshargreavesnewsinbo.png

Archived