Transfer budget disappearing in thin air

I'm in my second season with Palermo, it's late December 2011, the January window is approaching.

I have a transfer budget left of around 7.5 million, Eden Hazard who is unhappy at Lille has requested to be transfer listed and is subsequently offered to me for a fee of 11.5 million.

Because the fee is obviously higher than my transfer budget, i have the option to 'interact with board', so i ask for more money in the transfer budget. To my surprise, the board accepts my request. The result is that the board takes over the negotiations, they offered Hazard an contract. But Hazard rejects the contract and signs for Zenit St. Petersburg who have bid him a higher wage.

So i forget about Hazard and assume that my transfer budget is at least 7.5 million as it used to be, or higher because of the budget request.

But i wanted to bid for another player when suddenly i see that my transfer budget is suddenly set at 0 million, and the possibility to adjust my transfer budget to 2 million, lowering my wage budget.

The next thing i do is, talk to the board, ask what's up, so i once again try to request for a higher transfer budget, but then it says i can't do this request, because they already accepted such a request recently.

And suddenly, i notice that players like Lukaku and Zhirkov are available for a knock down price, players i would have been able to get with my previous budget of 7.5 million, but are suddenly unreachable because i can't offer wages higher than 2,300 p/w.

This is seriously ruined my in-game experience. :thdn:

• 1 month later...

Archived