[FM11] Hopping to the top...

Strikeb4ck

FM Version:

FM 11, 11.1.1 Patch

Database:

Custom, Large, Various players loaded resulting in around 115,000 players.

Leagues:

Belgium: Jupiler Pro League

England: BSN/S

France: Ligue 1

Germany: Bundesliga

Italy: Serie A

Netherlands: Jupiler League

Spain: La Liga

Switzerland: Challenge League

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200px-Grasshopper-Club_Z%C3%BCrich.png

Grasshopper Club Zurich

I decided to start with my hometown team, Grasshoppers. They are one of the two big clubs in Zurich (the other being FC Zurich), and play in the Swiss Axpo Super League, the highest level of Swiss football. My goal for this challenge is to win the Champions league with them, and subsequently raise the reputation of Swiss football. Here's some information from Wikipedia regarding GCZ.

Grasshopper Club Zürich commonly referred to as simply GC, GCZ, or Grasshopper is a Swiss multisports club based in Zürich. The oldest and most well known section of Grasshopper Club Zürich is its football team. With 27 titles, Grasshopper-Club Zürich holds the record for winning the most national championship titles and with 18 victories also the one for the most successes in the Swiss Cup tournament. The club is the oldest football team in Zürich. The origins of Grasshopper's name is unknown, although the most common explanation is rooted in its early players' energetic post-goal celebrations. After a number of appearances in European Cups and the UEFA Champions League, Grasshopper has become one of Switzerland's most recognizable football clubs. Today, in addition to its marquee football squad, Grasshopper-Club Zürich maintains competitive professional and youth teams for rowing, ice hockey, handball, lawn tennis, court tennis, field hockey, curling, rugby, squash, and unihockey.

Nation: Switzerland

Year Founded: 1886

Stadium: Letzigrund (25000 all-seater)

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Good + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment: Above Average

Club Colours: Blue and White

Chairman Status: Enjoying Life at the Club

Legends: None

Icons: Richard Nunez, Johan Vogel, Ricardo Cabanas

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: FC Zurich

Other Rivals: FC Basel, Young Boys Bern

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: €17.90

Average Season Ticket Price: €223

Season Ticket Holders: 1500

Estimated Value: €13.25 M

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 3rd

Squad Personality: Ambitious

Captain: Boris Smiljanic

Manager: Lorenzo von Matterhorn

I have begun my game before starting this thread, and unfortunately did not take screenshots, so I am using this post in order to catch you guys up, after this I will do monthly updates.

Grasshoppers - Season Catch-Up (June 2010-September 2010)

Fixtures

Friendly: AC Horsens 0-1 Grasshoppers

Friendly: Esbjerg fB 1-1 Grasshoppers

Friendly: FC Vestsjaelland 0-5 Grasshoppers

Friendly: Grasshoppers 2-0 CSKA Sofia

Friendly: Muttenz 1-2 Grasshoppers

Friendly: AC Horsens 0-1 Grasshoppers

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 1-2 Sion

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 3-0 Bellinzona

Axpo Super League: St. Gallen 1-0 Grasshoppers

Axpo Super League: Basel 2-2 Grasshoppers

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 4-1 Zurich

Axpo Super League: Thun 0-2 Grasshoppers

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 2-0 Luzern

Axpo Super League: Young Boys 0-1 Grasshoppers

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 1-0 Neuchatel Xamax

Schweizer Cup 1st Round: Concordia BS 0-4 Grasshoppers

Axpo Super League: Bellinzona 1-2 Grasshoppers

Total Record: 13W, 2D, 2L

League Record: 7W, 1D, 2L

League Table

League Position Graph

[b][u]Transfers In[/u][/b]
Marko Livaja                          Free (Joins 26.8.2011)
Dave van den Bergh                    Free
Javier Flano                          Ln. Fee 14K (End of Season)
Ahmed Soukouna                        Free
Manuel Tena                           Free
Nicola Mingazzini                     Free
Patrick Muller                        Free
Kostadin Dyakov                       Ln. Fee 45K (4 Months)
Mourad Hdiouad                        Free
Kirill Pavlyuchek                     75K

[b][u]Transfers Out[/u][/b]
Guillermo Vallori                     1.2M

[b]Total Spent:[/b] 135K
[b]Total Recieved:[/b]1.2M
[b]Net Transfer Profit/Loss:[/b] +1.65M

October 2010

Grasshopper Club Zurich - Swiss Axpo Super League

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 0-0 St. Gallen

Extremely disappointing draw with St. Gallen, we are on a great run of form, yet this sees our winning streak come to a halt. We dominated the entire game, and had 9 shots on target to their 0. We also hit the woodwork 3 times. Our strikers just couldn't put the ball in the goal from any of the chances, and they were even down to 9 men 3 minutes plus stoppage time to play, and Vicenzo Renella missed the PK from the second red card. It just wasn't our day.

Match Info Screen

Schweizer Cup 2nd Round: Lausanne 1-0 Grasshoppers

An embarrassing loss to Challenge League side Lausanne, and our unbeaten run comes to an end. They had one shot on target, which resulted in a goal. We were the better team, but struggled with any sort of innovation, and it wasn't as if we were playing a weakened side. I was expecting to challenge for the cup, so to go out in the second round is a huge disappointment.

Match Info Screen

Axpo Super League: Sion 0-0 Grasshoppers

We traveled to Sion in a clash of the Super League table-toppers, with Sion in first place and us only 4 points back. This was a huge game for us, as we could really close the gap with a win, though with the way they have been playing, a point would have suited me. The match itself was fairly close, and their goal came from a corner, which is disappointing, although to be honest, I wouldn't say it was undeserved. They were overall the better side, and probably could have got one more. Once again, we looked uninspiring and have now not scored in 3 straight games, which is worrying.

Match Info Screen

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 2-1 Basel

Finally back to winning ways, against the team predicted to finish first, coincidentally also our rivals, Basel. Ahmed Soukouna has had nightmares in the past 3 games, missing several CCCs, so I decided to give Silas his first appearance in a Grasshoppers kit. He wasn't particularly great, but most importantly, he put the ball in the net. Marco Streller equalized just before the break, which was disappointing as I thought we were the better side and deserved our lead. Shortly after the break, we got it back though, with Kirill Pavlyuchek knocking in a volley off a set play. They then had a man sent off for a professional foul to prevent Soukouna from going through 1 on 1. From there on out, we played it slow and killed off the game effectively, and we also had a goal disallowed. Very good performance and win.

Match Info Screen

LT.png

November 2010

Axpo Super League: Zurich 1-1 Grasshoppers

A big match against our fierce rivals in the Zuercher Derby, and I must say, I am happy with the outcome. They were the better side on the day and dominated much of the precedings. Ahmed Soukouna scored a delicate chip off the counter to level up the score.

Match Info Screen

Axpo Super League: Luzern 0-0 Grasshoppers

This was a battle of 2nd vs 3rd, Luzern having exceeded expectations all season long. Kirill Pavlyuchek flew into a tackle after about 30 minutes and got us a red card, and at that point on we were just battling to get a point. In the end, it was a rather unexciting match, with Luzern not creating much despite the man advantage. I am happy with the points considering the sending off.

Match Info Screen

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 4-2 Young Boys

A crucial match against a lethal Young Boys side that was beginning to find form in the league. We had two great chances to go ahead early but wasted them. Henri Bienvenu got YB up 0-1 with a nice finish after 18 minutes, and I was starting to think it wouldn't be our day. Luckily, captain and DC Boris Smiljanic capitalized on a deserved PK to level up the scores 3 minutes after the opener. From there, the match was very level and open, as reflected by the 42nd minute goal from Ahmed Soukouna to put us up 2-1, a lead quickly nullified by Emiliano Dudar from a corner at the end of stoppage time. After half time though, we were the far better side and dominated the game. A goal from the corner by Josip Colina, who was playing in place of the suspended Pavlyuchek, was followed later on by Ahmed Soukouna's second. A deserved victory in an entertaining game.

Match Info Screen

December 2010

Axpo Super League: Grasshoppers 4-0 Thun

Delighted with this result and performance. We started strong with a goal from Steven Zuber and never looked back. Our defence was extremely solid for the couple times they had to be, and our offense is really hitting stride with 8 goals in 2 games, against good opposition. Defensive midfielder Veroljub Salatic got a rare goal and defender Boris Smiljanic once again struck the back of the net. Ahmed Soukouna rounded off the goal scoring after 82 minutes.

Match Info Screen

Axpo Super League: Neuchatel Xamax 0-3 Grasshoppers

This was another promising display from us, but to be honest, it seemed like Neuchatel never showed up. We destroyed their defence, ending up with 7 clear cut chances and 22 shots. Steven Zuber had an excellent game, scoring in both the 10th and 37th minutes, and then providing a great cross to the wide open Dave van den Bergh, who cooly slotted it home. A good way to head into the winter break.

Match Info Screen

LTDec.png

Archived