[FM11] Way of the Dragon

Raware

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you had, you could have had sexy time with your sister, number four prostitute in all of Kazahkstan.

:D Her Vagin...it hang like sleeve of wizard!

Another good season in HK, feel you might have hit the glass ceiling now though.

Enjoy your 10th season with them!

I think you could be right. There's only so far you can take a club like Happy Valley unfortunately. I'll enjoy my possible testimonial season though :)

Its been good reading about your success in Hong Kong. Good luck in your 10th season :thup:

Thanks B.W.G. Thanks for following and glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully it's a good 10th season.

Newground.png

The end of the season saw us finally relocate to our new 2175 all seater stadium, imaginatively named the Happy Valley Stadium :cool:. Hopefully this should encourage more supporters to come to the games and thus raising revenue from tickets sold :).

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2020/21 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Hong Kong First Division : Board expectation - Win the league : Media expectation - 1st (out of 10)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Not important

Hong Kong League Cup : Not important

Hong Kong FA Cup : Not important

Asian Confederation Cup : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £1.24 million

Wage budget : £21.25k p/w

Current wage bill : £14.77k p/w

For the first time since I’ve been at Happy Valley, the media have predicted us to finish 1st while the board have given us no other choice than to win the league, so the pressure is on a little bit!

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2020/21 : Mid-season update

Hong Kong First Division : A great start to the season has seen us win all of our games as we sit top of the league with a 100% record! To say I’m surprised is a bit of an understatement as no one has really offered us any challenge so far but what has probably surprised me more is the demise of South China who seem to be struggling with an ever ageing squad…not that I’m complaining! ;) Also, just to make things better, Kim Pan-Gon (the South China manager) released a statement to the media saying that myself and Happy Valley would never be the dominant team in our particular rivalry…looks like he could be eating his words! :). All we can really focus on for the second half of the season is to carry on our form to hopefully go on to retain the title :).

The latest Asian competition rankings have been released and after South China’s, Kitchee’s and our own exploits on the continent in the past few years, I’m happy to see that our ‘success’ has been recognized and the new DLR feature has kicked in :). Although the Hong Kong leagues reputation has only risen one place, it has risen by half a star to one star now :cool: as it’s now ranked 80th in Asia.

AsianCompetitionrankings.png

For the first time since I’ve been at Happy Valley, the media have predicted us to finish 1st while the board have given us no other choice than to win the league, so the pressure is on a little bit!

Time to jump ship, then! :D

The Anonymous Poster Some Know as DSYoungEsq

It's nice when you see your effort working

Another good year and I bet it jumps more

Flamers

Thanks Flamers. It is nice to see the league rep climbing after SI finally introduced DLR in this years release. Makes progression seem all the more possible :).

Time to jump ship, then!

The Anonymous Poster Some Know as DSYoungEsq

:D. Soon you'll be just known as a symbol! ;)

HK.png

Hong Kong

Season 2019/2020 : Season Review

World Cup Asian Qualifying Section : The board wanted us to learn from the experience and I think we did that as we were sent packing in the first round by Thailand over two legs. I wasn’t in charge during these games though so I wasn’t judged on these performances.

Asian Challenge Cup Qualifying/ Asian Challenge Cup Qualifying group : We qualified from the group relatively easy as we beat Chinese Taipei (China PR), Cambodia and Yemen to secure our place in the Asian Challenge Cup proper.

Asian Challenge Cup/ Asian Challenge Cup group : We were placed in a tricky group which included Bangladesh, Nepal and Myanmar (who had reached the final of the World Cup qualifiers which also included heavyweights Japan, Saudi Arabia and U.A.E in their group). We managed to navigate through the group stages to set up a semi final against Tajikstan where we luckily held our nerves to win on penalties after a 0-0 draw. The final saw us avoid favourites India as we were pitted against Bangladesh who we previously beat 1-0 in the group stage. Again it proved to be a close affair as it went all the way to extra time where we managed to net twice thanks to Li Chi Kin and Leandro Carrijo to claim the cup for the first time in the countries history!

Thanks to our excellent performance in the Asian Challenge Cup, our world ranking has now risen to our highest position ever as we’re ranked 72nd in the world.

HKWorldranking.png

We’re actually ranked as the 9th best team in Asia now believe it or not, even ahead of our more illustrious neighbours China!!! :eek:

Worldranking.png

Cheers. I'm surprised the Aussies are so lowly ranked too (4th in Asia and 35th in the world). Their current manager is Mark Bresciano. We haven't played them at all in the ten seasons i've been playing this save but should we qualify for the next Asian Cup (I think you're right in that we should qualify because of our Challenge Cup win), that could well change.

Cheers. I'm surprised the Aussies are so lowly ranked too (4th in Asia and 35th in the world). Their current manager is Mark Bresciano. We haven't played them at all in the ten seasons i've been playing this save but should we qualify for the next Asian Cup (I think you're right in that we should qualify because of our Challenge Cup win), that could well change.

haha bresc should be doing better! Harry Kewell was the manager for awhile before i took charge in my game :)

I was a bit confused, Hong Kong the little tiny island is better than China the huge monolith?

Flamers

Yep! Little tiny Hong Kong, the special administrative region (SAR) of the People's Republic of China is ranked 1 place higher than China!

haha bresc should be doing better! Harry Kewell was the manager for awhile before i took charge in my game :)

He should! His job is safe though...unlike Kewell's, whose job at Central Coast Mariners is very insecure! I may even apply for it should they sack him.

nah Brisbane Roar would be better ;)

Funny you should say that as Neil Kilkenny's job at the Roar is also very insecure.

You are Dragon, hear you roar! :D

Excellent job with a very difficult assignment. Obviously you've developed some star-quality players there. :)

Cheers :thup:. There's no question that the naturalisation of quite a few players has definitely helped us, namely Leandro Carrijo, Gilberto, Ni Bo, Noh Seung-Hak and Wen Shuo. Without players claiming HK citizenship, there'd be next to no quality in the squad as HK very rarely produces players capable of playing on the international scene.

Cheers :thup:. There's no question that the naturalisation of quite a few players has definitely helped us, namely Leandro Carrijo, Gilberto, Ni Bo, Noh Seung-Hak and Wen Shuo. Without players claiming HK citizenship, there'd be next to no quality in the squad as HK very rarely produces players capable of playing on the international scene.

max out youth facilities and acadamy etc?

maybe at a few clubs?

:D

Go Hong Kong go!!!

Raware, I think you should get more Chinese players on your squad. Since you're now 1 star, you're now on par with the Chinese Jia League. If you can get Jia League quality players and get them to take citizenship and keep them on the squad for five years I think long term you will definitely get better. :)

max out youth facilities and acadamy etc?

maybe at a few clubs?

:D

That would be great! Just a question of money and HK clubs aren't the richest in the world :(. There's only South China who tend to produce their own players as they're the only club with decent facilities. Every one else plays on the park! ;) Although we (Happy Valley) have produced one of own players so far during this save...he wasn't great though :(.

Go Hong Kong go!!!

Raware, I think you should get more Chinese players on your squad. Since you're now 1 star, you're now on par with the Chinese Jia League. If you can get Jia League quality players and get them to take citizenship and keep them on the squad for five years I think long term you will definitely get better. :)

:Drancer. I've actually managed to get a few players from the Chinese Super League and they're looking great for us. They're also close to gaining HK citizenship :D. The only problem now is that the big Chinese teams (Beijing, Shenua, etc) are sniffing round them and my players have stated that they're looking at moving to a bigger club :(

Great work with Hong Kong Raware. The Challenge Cup looks like a fun tournament to play. Good luck with the Asian Cup whenever that is ;)

Thanks DodgeeD. It was a nice tournament to play in as for a change, we weren't the weakest side in it! However, we may be the weakest in the Asian Cup :(

year after the world cup. Australia just lost in the final to Japan a few weeks ago :(

On your game or real life? The game in real life last week was a good game...well, probably not for you being an Aussie! :p

HappyValley.png

Happy Valley

Season 2020/21 : Review

Hong Kong First Division/Hong Kong First Division progress/Hong Kong First Division fixtures : A superb first half of the season left us sitting pretty at the top of the table by the new year and that form carried on for the rest of the season as we won every single league game to take the title easily. There’s nothing else to say really other than we walked the league! :D

Hong Kong Senior Shield : A tricky route to the final saw us dump out rivals Rangers (HKG), South China and Kitchee in the final as we claimed my 4th Senior Shield.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group Stage : We cruised through the group stage and really, cruised through the whole competition including the final which surprisingly went to extra time as we claimed my 5th League Cup.

Hong Kong FA Cup : Another cup which we sailed through as we beat Sun Hei in the final to claim my 3rd FA Cup.

Asian Confederation Cup/ Asian Confederation Cup Group Stage : We sailed through the group stages and in all honesty cruised all the way to the Semi Finals where Gombak of Singapore caused a shock by knocking us out on aggregate courtesy of away goals. There was some consolation though as South China were also sent packing in the other Semi Final by East Bengal.

Transfers : We splashed the cash this year as we spent £300k which included breaking the clubs transfer record as we brought in Romanian Ionut Teodorescu for £170k. We also brought in back up keeper Ng Wai Hon for £65k from Tai Po, Brazilian Souza for £1k from Guarani and brought Wen Shuo back to the club for a second spell with us for £70k.

Squad : The squad was excellent this season and this showed as they completed an unprecedented quadruple claiming the League title, Senior Shield, League Cup and FA Cup! Hu Feng was once again our top scorer as he netted 13 times while Law Chi Hong collected both the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award and the Hong Kong Fans’ Player of the Year award. There’s no question that we have some real quality amongst the squad but there’s still a few problems. 1) While creatively we’re looking good, the defence is looking weak in comparison so I may have to add a bit of quality to it and 2) There’s several clubs tapping up our players and unsettling them which is making them want to leave the club. While they’re all contracted to the club, I have to decide if I want players here who don’t want to play for us.

Finances : While we made a loss of almost half a million pounds (namely due to transfers), our balance is still looking healthy as we have more than £2 million :).

What next? : An unprecedented quadruple for us this year which saw little to no challenge for us leaves me thinking I’ve done all I can for Happy Valley now. With no realistic chance of winning the Asian Champions League with them I’m left to ponder…do I stay with them and breeze through the seasons, going through the motions or do I need a new challenge to hopefully try and fulfill my ambition of winning the ACL?

Career Summary

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           7th      -
2012/13  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           7th      -
2013/14  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           1st      League Champions, Senior Shield Winners, FA Cup runners up
2014/15  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           2nd      League runners up, League Cup Winners, FA Cup runners up
2015/16  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           2nd      League runners up, FA Cup Winners
2016/17  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division	      1st      League Champions, Senior Shield Winners, League Cup winners, ACC Winners
2017/18  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division	      2nd      League runners up, Senior Shield Winners, League Cup Winners
2018/19  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           1st      League Champions, FA Cup Winners, ACC Winners
2019/20  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           1st      League Champions, Senior Shield runners up, League Cup winners
2020/21  Happy Valley      Hong Kong First Division           1st      League Champions, Senior Shield winners, Lge. Cup winners, FA Cup winners

Cheers for the comments fellas :)

"Oh, those wandering eyes..."

Australia next then, Raware?

I'd love to Deisler but I haven't been linked to any clubs in the ten years of playing this save. I have applied for two available jobs recently but have been unsuccessful both times :(.

Nah, you've got to keep going until you get through the season without conceding a goal

Seriously though, a great achievement in the league

:DDodgeeD, I don't think even dafuge could manage that!

I think it's time to head to Korea and win the ACL.

I'd like to, I did a similar thing last year (or 09, can't remember which) with Fukien and then FC Seoul.

is it possible to upgrade the club anymore? facilities etc

Well, we had a new stadium last year (a 2175 all seater!) so we'd probably have to wait a few years for a bigger one. The youth facilities and training facilities are still basic so they could be improved a lot.

Go to Korea Raware.

For the girls? ;)

100% record in the league- amazing! Well done!

Thanks AK22, although there wasn't much competition!

i know HK is small and that, but a team going 18-0-0 should max out their stadium all day long

what kind of crowds do u get mate and how big is the stadium?

The ground can hold 2175 and we're averaging 2063 this season with a high attendance of 2096 and low attendance of 2007, so we're getting quite a few in.

Another great season Raware. Well done

Cheers Jay007

wow only 2k, thats crazy!

upgrade all the facilities if possible but then you dont have any cash!

That's the trouble, there's next to no money in HK. The only way to make any kind of money bar sellling players is to be involved in the ACL...but to do that I have to win the ACC first in order to qualify for the ACL.

So, similarly to DSYoungEsq, I'm going to post a 10 year recap of this save. But seeing as this is the last post on this page I don't really want it to be at the bottom of the page, so hence me using this post to get onto the next page :D

10 year recap coming up...

Archived