[FM11] Way of the Dragon

Raware

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go back to Hong Kong? See if your now high rep helps?

That's true, plus Happy Valley are really struggling at the minute. Maybe they'd see it as "a sign of the Messiah returning?" :D;) Seriously though, it would be nice to go back to Hong Kong but they do say never go back. Who knows...

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2028/29 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Australian Hyundai A-League : Board expectation - Win it : Media expectation - 1st (out of 11)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Asian Champions League : Semi Final

Transfer budget : £6.42M

Wage budget : £63.66k p/w

Current wage bill : £38.12k p/w

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2028/29 : Mid-season update

Australian Hyundai A-League : As we hit the halfway mark of the season, we’re looking extremely dominant as we lead the chasing pack by a whopping 11 points and in which we’ve set a new record of 53 games unbeaten! :D. Ante Gabrilo is doing the business up front for us as he’s managed to knock 11 goals in, in 14 games and we’re also managing to shut teams out as we’ve only conceded 4 goals :). With half of the season left, I’m more than confident of retaining our league title and completing the boards pre-season expectations :D.

again suprised on the lack of ACL (only just caught up) and your looking good this season for the top spot.

id say go to korea and stay till you claim a ACL title there, then go back to hong kong and get happy Valley a ACL Title :)

Are you dafuge in disguise?

:D I think this is definitely my longest ever unbeaten run on FM...and it's continuing! I'm up to around 60 odd unbeaten now! :D Dafuge would be proud!

again suprised on the lack of ACL (only just caught up) and your looking good this season for the top spot.

id say go to korea and stay till you claim a ACL title there, then go back to hong kong and get happy Valley a ACL Title.

Cheers acidmonkey :). I've seen a couple of jobs in South Korea that I quite fancy and actually applied for the vacant position at Pohang (the board didn't say anything surprisingly) but they turned me down :(. I definitely want a stint in S. Korea then after, a move back to Hong Kong could be a possibility. Not sure about Happy Valley...they say never go back...

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2028/29 : Review

Australian A-League/Australian A-League progress/Australian A-League fixtures : An excellent season for us and another season which saw us remain unbeaten! Despite us finishing with less points than last season, we finished with a bigger points advantage over our rivals than we did last year, as we finished 25 points clear of Brisbane Roar. Perhaps the most pleasing thing this year for us though was our goals against column as we only conceded 6 goals in 30 games as we regularly saw out games 1-0 (I’m sure I heard the fans singing “1-0 to The Victory” in a 1-0 to the Arsenal theme! :D)

Australian A-League Finals Series : Once again, we scraped past Brisbane Roar in the semi’s on away goals which set us up this year with Wellington Phoenix in the final. And once again, the team we met in the final was a weaker team than in the semi’s as we cruised to a 2-0 victory to retain the finals series.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group Stage : After a year without ACL football, we were back and relishing the chance to prove that our previous success 2 years ago wasn’t a fluke. We breezed through the group stages and then disposed of South Korean champions Seoul in the 2nd round. I was anticipating a tricky tie against Al-Ahli (who we beat in the 2026/27 ACL final) in the quarters but we surprisingly beat them with relative ease. The Semi Final was an all Australian and all Melbourne fixture as we faced hated rivals Melbourne Heart but they were no match for us (as usual) which set us up with Al-Hilal (who we beat in the 2026/27 Quarter Final) in the final. The final itself was a nervy affair but we showed our quality and dominance by thrashing them 3-0 to claim both the clubs and my 2nd Asian Champions League title!

Transfers : A very quiet season in the transfer market for us as we only made 2 signings, those being Gianni Pappas (who I covered in last seasons summary) and Matt Harding from non league and feeder club, Green Gully for £35k.

Squad : The squad of players showed again just how much more quality they have in comparison to the rest of the teams in the league as they walked the league without losing a game. Ante Gabrilo was again our leading marksman as he hit 29 goals in all competitions to claim the Hyundai A-League golden boot award as well as claiming the Hyundai A-League Player of the Year award. His strike partner, Michael Prentice netted 10 times while our captain Kevin Homer also netted 10 times, which from midfield is always pleasing. Carlao once again claimed the Hyundai A-League Foreign Player of the Year award while our goalkeeper Adel Price also claimed the Hyundai A-League Goalkeeper of the Year award for the second successive year. I’m very happy with the state of the squad and just to indicate how strong our squad is, we had no less than 12 players called up to the recent Australia national squad!

Finances : Our finances are again looking nice and healthy as we once again make a tidy profit to put our balance at an 8 figure sum.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          7th      -
2012/13  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          7th      -
2013/14  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners
2014/15  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      Lge Cup Winners
2015/16  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      FA Cup Winners
2016/17  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup winners, ACC Winners
2017/18  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      2nd      Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners
2018/19  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, FA Cup Winners, ACC Winners
2019/20  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners
2020/21  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2021/22  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup, FA Cup, ACC Winners
2022/23  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2023     Liaoning           Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2024     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              3rd      FA Cup Winners
2025     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026/27  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League        -       ACL Winners
2027/28  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners
2028/29  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners

Well done on another great season :thup:

Totally dominant in all competitions, only conceding six goals in the league is pretty impressive. What's the challenge for next year then?

Cheers AK :thup:. As a centre half myself, clean sheets are always pleasing :D I think the only challenge left is the Club World Championship and obviously to retain our titles from this year. I'm starting to feel though that i've done everything at Melbourne Victory and need a new challenge and am beginning to drift towards the job screen.

Happy Valley....

The managers job is very insecure! :D

Manage in Nepal. :D

I'd love to, now there's a challenge! Unfortunately I don't have the league loaded though :(

GO NOW! A legend wanting the job.. I think they'll take you!

I'm seriously thinking about it :D

Same old, same old Raware. Keep it up. :p

Any national teams you fancy managing?

I'd like the Australia job but there's no sign of that becoming available any time soon. I also wouldn't mind the China job either. I reckon i'm about ready for another go at international management after 8 years off the international scene :D

GO GO GO, or add another manager :p

Now the new season has started and the reset dates have kicked in, the Happy Valley job is no longer insecure so no chance of applying for that now!

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2029/30 : Preview

League expectation

Australian Hyundai A-League : Board expectation - Win it : Media expectation - 1st (out of 11)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Asian Champions League : Semi Final

Club World Championship : Semi Final

Transfer budget : £7.18M

Wage budget : £39.78k p/w

Current wage bill : £34.62k p/w

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2029/30 : Mid-season update

Australian Hyundai A-League : Again, we lead the chasing pack at the halfway mark of the season by some distance, this time by 12 points. We still remain undefeated in the league as we’ve now gone 90…yes 90 league games unbeaten :eek: which stretches as far back as 2026! Ante Gabrilo is again setting the scoring charts alight, hitting 11 goals in 15 games while his strike partner Michael Prentice is also joining in on the act, knocking in 9 goals in 14 games. With no-one even looking close to challenging us, another league title is surely on the cards, bar some kind of dramatic implosion! Boring I know but we’re in the business of winning trophies :D

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2029/30 : Review

Australian A-League/Australian A-League progress/Australian A-League fixtures : So as expected, we continued our dominance in the league as we retained our title for the third successive year. All in all it was another fantastic season for us as we finished as top scorers in the league again and with the least amount of goals conceded. The only down side to our season was the fact that after going 94 games unbeaten, which stretched back to December 2026, our magnificent run was put to an end by Newcastle Jets (I was hoping to reach 100 games unbeaten). Although we won the league fairly easily, we only finished 16 points ahead of 2nd place which indicates to me that the teams in the league could be getting stronger (or we’re getting weaker). It could be a good for us though as competitiveness in the league is always good.

Australian A-League Finals Series : It made a change not to meet Brisbane Roar in the semis this year as we faced Central Coast Mariners instead. They were no match for us though as we comfortably beat them to set up a tie with…Central Coast Mariners in the final. “How can you meet them in the final if you’ve beat them in the semis?” I hear you ask. It works on a play-off to decide who wins the finals series with 3rd playing 6th and 4th playing 5th. The two winners of those games then play each other with the winner of that playing the loser between 1st and 2nd. Then the winner of that plays the winner of the game between 1st and 2nd with the winner of that game being crowned as the A-League Finals Series winners…I think! :D (confusing I know!) Anyway, we beat Central Coast Mariners 2-0 in the final

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group Stage : Again, we breezed through the group stages as we won all 6 games to set us up with Okayama in the 2nd round. They were no match for us though as we comfortably beat them 2-0. Up next were Saudi Arabia’s Al-Nassr but they too were no match for us as we disposed of them with relative ease. The semi final was a little more tricky for us as we were paired with Al-Hilal who we met in the final last year and although we lost the second leg of the tie 1-0, our 2-1 win at their place in the first leg was enough for us (thanks to the away goal rule) to take us to the final where we met Chinese Super League side Hangzhou. The final score of 2-2 somewhat flattered the Chinese as we absolutely battered them but we just couldn’t seem to put the ball into the back of the net; thankfully though, although it went to penalties, we managed to hold our nerve to win 4-1 on penalties after drawing 2-2 aet.

Club World Championship : We scraped through the quarter final after defeating ES Setif on penalties, however, having been drawn against Inter in the Semis, it was always going to be an uphill challenge and that was proven as we lost 2-0. To add to our disappointment in this competition, we put in a poor performance against the Americans in the 3rd place playoff as we lost 3-2 :(.

Transfers : Three players came through our doors this season as Maranhao joined us on a free transfer, Leo joined from Santos for £1 million and Juan Cabrera joined us from Santiago Wanderers for £425k (but left again after 6 months after failing to settle in Australia).

Squad : The squad is still looking really strong despite not winning the league as emphatically as the past couple of seasons. As usual, Ante Gabrilo was our top scorer as he hit 20 goals in 45 games while our captain Kevin Homer claimed the Hyundai A-League Player of the Year award. There was a change to the Hyundai A-League Foreign Player of the Year award as Moussa Kassi took the award this season and our new keeper Maranhao took the Hyundai A-League Goalkeeper of the Year award in his first season with us.

Finances : Our finances are really good now as we sit with over £15 million in the bank! :D

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners
2014/15  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      Lge Cup Winners
2015/16  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      FA Cup Winners
2016/17  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup winners, ACC Winners
2017/18  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      2nd      Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners
2018/19  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, FA Cup Winners, ACC Winners
2019/20  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners
2020/21  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Senior Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2021/22  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup, FA Cup, ACC Winners
2022/23  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2023     Liaoning           Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2024     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              3rd      FA Cup Winners
2025     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026/27  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League        -       ACL Winners
2027/28  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners
2028/29  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners
2029/30  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners

Raware you should go to Indonesia or something, you need a real challenge. :p

I'm finding myself drifting towards the job centre screen more and more now. You just want me to join you in Indonesia! :D

Oh my god, you lost a game :p:)

Seriously though, a great season overall and you've really made your mark in Australia and Asia. Indonesia would be a real challenge though. If you could win the ACL with a club from there, that would be quite an achievement!

Heh, I think you should try for a season of all wins, no draws, no losses before you leave.

Ha ha...we don't all have your Mourinho'esq managerial capabilities DSYoungEsq! ;)

Oh my god, you lost a game

Seriously though, a great season overall and you've really made your mark in Australia and Asia. Indonesia would be a real challenge though. If you could win the ACL with a club from there, that would be quite an achievement!

Unbelievable I know! I was hoping to reach a ton unbeaten but alas, we'll just have to settle for 94! :D Indonesia would be a real challenge, especially considering how difficult it is to make any kind of money. I would like to take a small club to ACL victory in this save (I did come close with Happy Valley) so a move to a smaller nation maybe on the cards in the future...maybe even a move back to Hong Kong sometime :D.

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2030/31 : Preview

League expectation

Cup expectations

---------------------

Asian Champions League : Final

Club World Championship : Semi Final

Transfer budget : £12M

Wage budget : £39.78k p/w

Current wage bill : £34.23k p/w

Well I did just leave, but Indonesia is a big challenge. You can also try South Korea.

How did you find Indonesia? Would you recommend it? I've never had a save there so I'm not that sure about the place (despite visitng it a couple of years ago). Funny you should say try South Korea as i've already finished the current season and have had a couple of offers from there...

No pressure hey?

Nope...none at all! :D

Wow, that board kind of wants it all...

Not demanding at all are they?!?! ;)

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2030/31 : Mid-season update

Australian Hyundai A-League : As we hit the halfway mark, as expected, we’re looking comfortable at the top of the table as we sit 8 points clear of Wellington Phoenix in 2nd. Goals are flowing with Ante Gabrilo knocking them in for fun and once again, we’re not giving much away at the back as we’ve only conceded 7 in 15. In the position we’re in now, we should be looking to retain our league title, if we don’t, I’ll be very disappointed.

Great progress Raware - I'd say stick around until you get a CWC win! :)

Cheers DodgeeD. That would be ideal and would top off my career in Asia. It's one of the major club titles i'm missing from my collection :D. I'd love a CWC win but the European and South American teams seem to be so strong.

How did you find Indonesia? Would you recommend it? I've never had a save there so I'm not that sure about the place (despite visitng it a couple of years ago). Funny you should say try South Korea as i've already finished the current season and have had a couple of offers from there...

Well...

1) You can't naturalize players there, which kind of makes success in Asia with an Indonesian club a little harder

2) Like Australia, only 2 ACL spots

3) The quality of Indonesian players are terrible

4) Unless you pick the right team (ie. one with financial resources), it's going to be even harder

Yes, I sound very discouraging. I'm a lot happier where I am now. :D

Well...

1) You can't naturalize players there, which kind of makes success in Asia with an Indonesian club a little harder

2) Like Australia, only 2 ACL spots

3) The quality of Indonesian players are terrible

4) Unless you pick the right team (ie. one with financial resources), it's going to be even harder

Yes, I sound very discouraging. I'm a lot happier where I am now. :D

I'll probably stay clear of Indonesia then! :D

MelbourneVictory.png

Melbourne Victory

Season 2030/31 : Review

Australian A-League/Australian A-League progress/Australian A-League fixtures : As expected, we retained our title for the fourth successive year with little to no challenge. We looked strong all season and no-one came close to matching us as we went another season unbeaten :D.

Australian A-League Finals Series : It was back to meeting Brisbane Roar in the Semi’s after missing them last year and surprisingly, they gave us a good game as we scraped through 5-4 on aggregate. We met Central Coast Mariners in the final where also surprisingly, they too gave us a good game as we scraped past them in extra time to win 2-1 and claim our fourth successive A-League Finals Series.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group Stage : We easily qualified from the group stages with 2 games to spare but that’s as far as my journey in the ACL went for reasons soon to be announced…

Club World Championship : Again we made it to the Semi’s and again we met a European powerhouse…and again, we were outclassed; but I’m still happy as we did ourselves proud by keeping the score to a respectable 1-0 against a vastly superior Atletico Madrid. It was nice to make amends for last years capitulation against the Americans in the 3rd place playoff as we trounced New York 4-0! :D.

Transfers : Not much activity again for us in the transfer market as only two players joined us, both at the back end of the season so they didn’t get chance to make an appearance for us. In came Clodoaldo for £1.1 million and in came Marquinhos for £1.6 million.

Squad : The squad continues to dominate as they racked up their fourth successive league title and finals series. They’re fast becoming club heroes with Ante Gabrilo already on the club legend list as he also claimed the Hyundai A-League Golden Boot award as he racked up 25 goals in 42 games for us. Carlao was back to his old habits as he reclaimed the Hyundai A-League Foreign Player of the Year award from Moussa Kassi while also claiming the Hyundai A-League Player of the Year award while our keeper Maranhao took the Hyundai A-League Goalkeeper of the Year award for the second successive year.

Finances : Still looking good as we have over £15 million in the bank! :D

One more award that came our way was the Hyundai A-League Manager of the Year which was awarded to me for the second time in four years.

Career Summary

2029/30  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners
2030/31  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners

Archived