[FM11] Way of the Dragon

Raware

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck in Singapore. :thup: Looks like there's a good mix of teams finishing behind Etoile so (dominant team aside), it should be a competitive league. :)

Thanks DodgeeD. Yeah, I think it could be a case of teams fighting it out for second place.

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2042 : Mid-season update

Singaporean S-League : With roughly half of the season gone already, my first season in Singapore has started extremely well with us sitting pretty in 2nd place :D. We’ve made a cracking start to the season winning 11 out of 16 games and are regularly finding the back of the net too thanks to our forwards Sandro, Yuta Matsushita and Abdelhadi Cherkaoui who have 17 goals between them.

We’re not looking as good in the cups though as we’ve already crashed out of the Singapore League Cup and face Balestier in the Quarter Finals of the Singapore Cup who are a decent side themselves and can beat anyone on their day.

My aims for the remainder of the season are to achieve the boards expectation of a respectable league position and given our season so far, I’m confident of achieving that quite comfortably. Although we’ve had a great start to the season and a title challenge looks a possibility (albeit a far off one), we have to remember that Etoile are realistically miles ahead of us (and the majority of the teams in the league) and haven’t been champions of Singapore for the last 20 years for no reason.

Not a bad start, just need Etoile to slip up a bit. :)

How come some teams have played 19 games, and some others only 15? Is this due to the ACL, or some weird domestic calendar thing? :confused:

I'm hoping that too. They don't seem as clinical as previous years yet they're still miles ahead of everyone else.

I'm not too sure about the number of games thing either. I think it could be some weird domestic calendar thing as the games haven't been moved for TV or ACL/ACC games :confused:

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2042 : Review

Singapore S-League/Singapore S-League progress/Singapore S-League fixtures : Wow! What a season! We continued our terrific run of form throughout the remainder of the season to leave me in utter shock as we claimed the title in my first season in charge! Something I was not expecting. We managed to claim it after a superb run of 11 wins on the bounce which put us 9 points clear of Etoile at one stage as they kept (surprisingly) slipping up. We did try and throw away all of our hard work towards the end of the season as we only won 1 of the last 5 games but thanks to Etoile uncharacteristically slipping up, we claimed the title by 2 points :D.

While we must enjoy the clubs first title since 2005, we know that next season, Etoile probably won’t make the same mistakes as this season and will be back to their best.

Singapore Cup : We made it all the way to final only to lose to Etoile 3-2, who showed their superiority.

Singapore League Cup : Woodlands disposed of us over two legs at the quarter final stage and we can have no real arguments as we were totally outclassed.

Transfers : A lot of new faces came in as I looked to revamp the squad and bring in that extra bit of quality which I thought we were lacking when I arrived. In came Mohd Hafizi Chow, Syed Mohamed, Muniandy Ahmad Shah, Mohd Hafizi Othman Arash Saei (who left later on in the season for £95k), Khairul Anuar Wahab, Muniandy Daud and Sandro all on free transfers, Abdelhadi Cherkaoui from Etoile for free, Yoshiyuki Asai, Naoyuki Yamada (who also left later on in the season) and Hiroyuki Ohno all on free transfers from Niigata Unicorn, Mohd Shukri Mohamed for £50k from Sengkang and Yuta Matsushita who I raided from my former club Dalian for £20k.

Squad : The squad were a lot stronger than I thought they were as they proved by claiming the title. Our front three were undoubtedly the key to our season as they knocked in 44 goals between them with Abdelhadi Cherkaoui grabbing 13 goals, Sandro grabbing 15 goals and Yuta Matsushita claiming 16 goals to finish the season as the clubs top goal scorer. We also looked pretty strong on the wings with Iwami, Sow and Ohno getting in on the goal scoring act and we also looked strong in goal as our new keeper settled in quickly to claim 13 clean sheets all season. Although we claimed the title this season, there’s no doubt that we need to strengthen in the close season if we want to make a challenge for the title next season as Etoile had a poor season by their standards and will be looking to rectify that by bringing some new blood in.

Finances : Not looking great as we sit in the red but I’ve been in worse positions. I just hope I don’t have a chairman who likes to sell like I did at Dalian!

A couple of side notes to the end of the season; I claimed the Manager of the Year award :D and my former club Dalian, who I left last year thinking I’d taken them as far as I could’ve, won the Chinese Super League! I guess maybe I should’ve stayed after all?

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          7th      -
2012/13  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          7th      -
2013/14  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Snr Shield Winners
2014/15  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      Lge Cup Winners
2015/16  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      FA Cup Winners
2016/17  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Snr Shield Winners, Lge Cup winners, ACC Winners
2017/18  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      2nd      Snr Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners
2018/19  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, FA Cup Winners, ACC Winners
2019/20  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners
2020/21  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Snr Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2021/22  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup, FA Cup, ACC Winners
2022/23  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2023     Liaoning           Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2024     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              3rd      FA Cup Winners
2025     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026/27  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League        -       ACL Winners
2027/28  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners
2028/29  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners
2029/30  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners
2030/31  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners
2031     FC Seoul           South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions
2032     FC Seoul           South Korean K-League             1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, Pan-Pacific Chmp Winners
2033     FC Seoul           South Korean K-League 	      1st      Lge Champions
2034	 FC Seoul	    South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, PPC Chmp Winners, ACL Winners
2035     FC Seoul	    South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, PPC Chmp Winners
2036     FC Seoul	    South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, PPC Chmp Winners, ACL Winners
2037     Dalian             Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2038     Dalian             Chinese Super League 	      6th      -
2039     Dalian 	    Chinese Super League	      3rd      -
2040	 Dalian		    Chinese Super League	      3rd      FA Cup Winners
2041	 Dalian             Chinese Super League	      5th      FA Cup Winners
2042     Tampines Rovers    Singapore S-League		      1st      Lge Champions

Great season Raware winning the league in the end. Maybe you could have stayed with Dalian but you won a league in the end. :)

Time for you to start another league winning streak.

Thanks rancer :thup:. That was probably the most surprising title I've had as I didn't think we were anywhere near a title challenge. It did massively help us though that Etoile had a very poor season by their standards. I'm also a bit disappointed that it wasn't me who lead Dalian to the title (maybe I should've listened to you, AK and acidmonkey! ;)) but I'm glad they got the title in the end.

I'm not sure about another winning streak as I can't see Etoile slipping up again next season (I hope I'm wrong though! ;))

Impressive first season Raware, always nice to win a surprise piece of silverware :) It's only right you take some credit for Dalian's success too; I'm sure their squad would still have contained the players you signed in your time there :thup:

I've noticed you've got quite a few non-Singaporean players in your squad, is there any restrictions on the number of foreigners you can have? Is so, what's the homegrown talent like?

Impressive first season Raware, always nice to win a surprise piece of silverware :) It's only right you take some credit for Dalian's success too; I'm sure their squad would still have contained the players you signed in your time there :thup:

I've noticed you've got quite a few non-Singaporean players in your squad, is there any restrictions on the number of foreigners you can have? Is so, what's the homegrown talent like?

Cheers AK :D. I think I should take some credit for Dalians CSL win too ;).

There are some restrictions in the Singaporean League; you can only have 6 foreigners in the whole squad and can only have 4 in the matchday squad. I currently have 5 foreigners in the squad (Asai, Ohno, Cherkaoui, Sandro and Matsushita) and 4 have gained Singaporean citizenship (Jiakang, Iwami, Sow and Corneal). The plus point of the Singaporean league is that it only takes 4 years for players to qualify for Singaporean nationality/citizenship which may make things easier in the long term as the homegrown talent is...well, carp!

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2043 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Singapore S-League : Board expectation - Compete alongside the top teams in the division : Media expectation - 5th (out of 11)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Singapore Cup : Semi Final

Singapore League Cup : Not important

Asian Champions League : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £12.32k p/w

Current wage bill : £10.28k p/w

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2043 : Mid-season update

Singaporean S-League : The first half of this season has struck a similar resemblance to last year as we sit 2nd in the league behind Etoile, only we have 3 points less than this time last year. Talking of Etoile, after a disappointing season for them last year in which we took their title :D, they’re back to how everybody expects them to play, beating everything that comes their way as they’re looking very strong to reclaim the title from us :(. Still, we can have no complaints with our season so far as we’ve played some decent stuff with plenty of goals flying in too. Yuta Matsushita is our top scorer as he’s hit 11 goals in 19 games and that’s even with a 4 week lay off due to a twisted ankle; and talking of injuries, we’ve had more than our fair share of them this season as Hiroyuki Ohno has been out for 3 months with a broken ankle, Abdelhadi Cherkaoui has been out for 2 months with a damaged spine and Mansour Sow has been out for 2 months with a broken arm, that’s just to name a few.

On to the cup competitions…well, the less said the better. We’re out of the Singapore Cup, out of the Singapore League Cup and out of the Asian Champions League so our only hope of silverware is either the league or the South East Asian Club Championship which I’ve never played in before so am not sure about how it works other than Etoile have won it 5 out of the last 6 times in 10 years.

My aims for the remainder of the season? To maintain the pressure on Etoile but given they’re back to their best and looking unlikely to slip up as they did last year, I’ll just be happy to finish in the top 4 or 5 as I told the board I would.

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2043 : Review

Singapore S-League/Singapore S-League progress/Singapore S-League fixtures : After surprisingly claiming the league title in my first season in charge last season, Etoile were looking to take it back this season and with ourselves trailing Etoile by 10 points at the halfway point of the season, it was always going to be difficult for us to catch them. They were back to their best (which we knew they would be) and cruised to the title by 6 points, even affording to lose 3 out of their last 5 games. We can’t have any complaints with our season though as even with an injury ravaged season and a lot of players failing to find their best form, we still managed to finish 3rd.

Singapore Cup : After making it to the final last season I was looking for a similar kind of run this season; but it didn’t happen, hence my disappointment at us going out at the first hurdle :(.

Singapore League Cup : We put in a poor performance in the first leg which made it difficult going into the second leg as Woodlands once again knocked us out of the competition for the second successive season.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group Stage : It was the clubs first appearance in this competition since 2017 in which they failed to make it past the preliminary rounds back then. So, for us to just make it to the group stage is an achievement in itself and I was just happy with that. Although the 1-0 win at home against my former club and reigning Asian Champions League winners FC Seoul was a great bonus!

South East Asian Club Championship/South East Asian Club Championship Group Stage : This was, personally my first involvement in this competition so I went into it rather blind. I needn’t have worried though as the quality of the opposition wasn’t really that great and we breezed to the final where we beat Etoile 1-0.

Transfers : Not as much activity in the transfer market for us this year as last, as we looked to bring in quality rather than quantity. In came Junaidi Abdul Rashid and Mohd Shukri Abdul Halim both on free transfers, Muhd Arif Ravi from Geylang United on a free transfer, Mogi from Atletico Mineiro on a free transfer and Jun Matsuoka from Young Lions for £70k. Out of the door saw a lot of youth players leave as none of them were of any real standard.

Squad : I thought the squad would be stronger than last year as the players we brought in definitely had more quality than those that left, or so I thought. It didn’t help that Etoile were back to their best (which we knew they would be) and we suffered more than our fair share of injuries this season. Players also found it difficult to find their best form for much of the season, why I’m not sure. Maybe due to our involvement in the ACL which seemed to disrupt the players morale :confused:. Still, we can’t use these as excuses and we still had some standout performers. Yuta Matsushita was our top scorer as he netted 21 goals in 39 games (in which he also claimed the top scorer award in the South East Asian Club Championship). Abdelhadi Cherkaoui and Sandro claimed 20 goals between them and I was also impressed with Jun Matsuoka in his first season with us as he grabbed 8 goals from midfield for us.

Finances : I thought our involvement in the Asian Champions League and the South East Asian Club Championship this year would help to boost our finances but they didn’t as we remain in the red.

Onto a couple of side notes; the Singaporean S-League rose 11 places in the Asian league rankings and as I mentioned at the end of last year, maybe I was a little hasty in leaving Dalian as they claimed the Chinese Super League…well, they retained their title this season

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Snr Shield Winners
2014/15  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      Lge Cup Winners
2015/16  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          2nd      FA Cup Winners
2016/17  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Snr Shield Winners, Lge Cup winners, ACC Winners
2017/18  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      2nd      Snr Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners
2018/19  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, FA Cup Winners, ACC Winners
2019/20  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners
2020/21  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Snr Shield Winners, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2021/22  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup, FA Cup, ACC Winners
2022/23  Happy Valley       Hong Kong First Division          1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
2023     Liaoning           Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2024     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              3rd      FA Cup Winners
2025     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026     Liaoning           Chinese Super League              1st      Lge Champions
2026/27  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League        -       ACL Winners
2027/28  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners
2028/29  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners
2029/30  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners, ACL Winners
2030/31  Melbourne Victory  Australian Hyundai A-League       1st      Lge Champions, Finals Series Winners
2032     FC Seoul           South Korean K-League             1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, Pan-Pacific Chmp Winners
2034	 FC Seoul	    South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, PPC Chmp Winners, ACL Winners
2035     FC Seoul	    South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, PPC Chmp Winners
2036     FC Seoul	    South Korean K-League	      1st      Lge Champions, Lge Cup Winners, PPC Chmp Winners, ACL Winners
2037     Dalian             Chinese National First Division   1st      Lge Champions
2043     Tampines Rovers    Singapore S-League		      3rd      South East Asian Club Championship Winners

Hmm, Dalian won another title. No regrets still right? :D

It must be disappointing to slip down to 3rd but hopefully you can bounce back next season and challenge for that title. :thup:

I'm still happy that I left Dalian when I did even though they've kicked on and won the CSL (I think ;)). I just felt that I had taken them as far as I could've. Although the new manager has taken them to that next level which I felt I couldn't.

I wasn't that disappointed to finish 3rd to be honest as we were predicted to finish 5th and I thought last season we definitely over achieved to win the league which massively surprised me. If you'd have given me 3rd at the start of the season, I think I would've taken that. As for challenging for the title...when I took over Tampines, I knew Etoile were the team to beat and I think nothing has changed. They're still miles ahead of everyone else and realistically we have to look at 2nd or 3rd in the league in the next few years.

Last season was a bit of a shocker by your standards, Raware ;):) You need to qualify for the ACL again, as I'm looking forward to you squaring up to Al-Hilal again!

I'd take the job with Singapore. It won't do any harm, and it'll be a good opportunity to sniff out any decent players you could sign for your club team too.

Last season was a bit of a shocker by your standards, Raware. You need to qualify for the ACL again, as I'm looking forward to you squaring up to Al-Hilal again!

I'd take the job with Singapore. It won't do any harm, and it'll be a good opportunity to sniff out any decent players you could sign for your club team too.

It was a bit of a shocker ;). We can't really complain though as at one point we were looking like we were going to have to settle with 5th/6th. Although it wouldn't have made much difference as the prize money isn't that different and we haven't qualified for continental football either. I'm not sure if we'll miss football in the Asian Champions League or the Confederation Cup next season as it seemed to knock us out of our stride this year. Besides, I don't want to be paired up with Al-Hilal! :D

As for the Singapore job, I'm thinking the same. While we're not going to set the international scene alight, it'll be a good opportunity to sniff out any decent players I could sign plus hopefully build some good relationships with some players to hopefully persuade them to join us!

This has got to be one of the most epic careers ever. This is what has got me interested in starting up again after the forums went dead. So...thanks for that!!

Wow, that's some compliment, thanks cerud :thup:. If anything, it's just nice to know people reading my thread can get hooked again on FM :D

Singapore.png

Singapore

I take over the Singapore national team with them sitting 118th in the world rankings and having just been knocked out of the 2046 World Cup Qualifying section. They’ve had a bit of success in the past few years including winning the Asian Cup in 2032 and hold fierce rivalries with neighbouring countries Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Season 2044 : Preview

Asian Nations Cup Qualifying Round : Qualify for the Asian Nations Cup Qualifying Round

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2044 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

Singapore S-League : Board expectation - Compete alongside the top teams in the division : Media expectation - 4th (out of 11)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Singapore Cup : Semi Final

Singapore League Cup : Not important

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £12.44k p/w

Current wage bill : £11.88k p/w

Good luck with Singapore, poor season for you last year but im sure you can turn it around, good luck in the new campaign.

Thanks acidmonkey :thup:. I was actually quite pleased with our season last year believe it or not. I knew when I took the job at Tampines that I would be looking at league finishes other than 1st due to the domination of Singaporean football that Etoile have had over the last 20 years. However, 2nd would've been nice to guarantee us football on the Asian continent to bring in some money. Hopefully we can get that this season.

It hasn’t been the easiest of pre-seasons for us so far as the chairman has signalled his intention to sell the club meaning we can’t make any moves in the transfer market due to an enforced transfer embargo :(. Also, to add to the frustrations of our pre-season, there’s speculation that the new chairman wants to bring in his own man. Hopefully though, that’s all it is, speculation and I’m hoping that it can all be resolved fairly quickly so we can get our season underway without anymore problems.

Have you been watching the program on sky 3 Strike Back, Their after a terrorist called latiff and the new chairman taking over your club is called Latiff ;)

No, I've not been watching it. Maybe his day job is chairman of a football club. He's got to finance his terrorist activities some how! ;)

Got to love a good takeover saga... not! ;)

Errr....no ;) I hate the things!

So, after months of uncertainty for both the club and myself we’ve finally got a new owner, although my job security is still uncertain. The new chairman has informed me that “he will consider letting me keep my job and will inform me of his decision shortly.” I just hope he’s not expecting the title!

Probably the title, all cups domestic and international, with a shoestring budget ;)

:D You may laugh but I've had that before from a chairman! Thankfully, my expectations for the season have remained the same :Phew:.

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2044 : Mid-season update

Singaporean S-League : It’s been a fairy normal first half of the season as we sit 4th in the league with Etoile racing off miles ahead of everyone else and looking good to retain their title, which is what we kind of expected. We should be happy with our season so far though as we’ve put in some good displays and despite losing 3 games, we look strong at the back which is something I always like to pride myself on :). Yuta Matsushita has been in scintillating form for us as he’s bagged 17 goals in just 20 games which is 1 more than he scored in all of 2042 and only 4 off what he scored in all of last season so I’m hoping that at 24 years old now, he’s starting to reach that potential I was told he had when he and I was at Dalian.

On to the cup competitions and it’s been a lot more successful for us than last season as we’ve been on a couple of great cup runs, reaching the Quarter Final of the Singapore Cup where we play Etoile and winning the Singapore League Cup after defeating Gombak United 2-1 in the final! :D.

As for the remainder of the season, I think it’s safe to say that a title challenge is not even a thought as Etoile look very strong (especially scoring 69 goals in just 19 games!). However, I’ll be disappointed if we can’t at least match last seasons 3rd place and ideally we can grab that runners up spot meaning that we’ll qualify for continental football next season…we need the money from it as we’re slowly increasing in debt!

Singapore.png

Singapore

Season 2044 : Mid-season update

We’ve only had 3 games so far this season but they were important games. While the 1-1 draw with Nepal wasn’t that important, it gave me a chance to have a look at the squad. It was the 2 games against Tajikistan which were the really important ones though as we needed to win the tie for us to complete the FA’s season expectations of qualifying for the Asian Nations Cup Qualifying Round. Thankfully we won it and have been put into the hat for the Qualifying Round in which we’ve been placed in group C alongside U.A.E, Kuwait and Hong Kong which should be interesting as I previously managed Hong Kong from 2020 to 2022. The games will start early next year ready for the Asian Nations Cup proper in 2047.

Congrats on getting Singapore one step closer to the Asian Nations Cup!

Cheers cerud. I've just got to qualify for it now! :D

Are you bottom seeds in that Asian Nations Cup group? Or does it not work like that? :confused: I suppose you've done well to avoid China and Australia.

Yeah, we're bottom seeds but I'm not sure why as we're better than Hong Kong and probably on a par if not better than Kuwait. U.A.E are definite favourites for the group so I think we've got to focus on grabbing that second place spot. As you say though, it could've been worse, we could've had China or Australia in our group.

After a long and drawn out saga regarding the clubs ownership and my position as the clubs manager over the past few months, finally everything has been sorted out as I received this message telling me that I will be allowed to continue as the clubs manager.

After all of this I just hope that the new chairman isn’t anything like the chairman I had at Dalian and that he prefers to buy rather than to sell!

It was about time one did as my others had a tendancy to either flog my players without my consent or just not make any money available. Shame he's going :(. Looks like my new chairman is the usual kind I have though as he's not made any money available :(.

Tampines-1.png

Tampines Rovers

Season 2044 : Review

Singapore S-League/Singapore S-League progress/Singapore S-League fixtures : The second half of the season saw us go on a tremendous run of form as we didn’t lose a game, winning 13 and drawing 3 to leave us finishing 2nd in the league, only losing the title on goal difference. Etoile looked odds on favourites for the title at the mid-season point, but their form was somewhat hit and miss during the second half of the season and we pushed them right to the wire where with one game to go, the title was still undecided. However, they clung onto the title to claim it for 26th time in their history.

Still, we must be delighted with our season as we pushed Etoile all the way and showed that maybe we’re not that far off them as I thought we were.

Singapore Cup : I wanted to make amends for last seasons poor performance in this cup and when we drew Etoile in the quarters, I wasn’t hopeful of that. However, we trounced Etoile 7-4 on aggregate and went on to win the cup after defeating Balestier 2-0 in the final :D.

Singapore League Cup : The club hadn’t won this cup since 2016 and when we drew Etoile in the quarters again, I thought that stat would remain. But again, we disposed of the league champions to go on and claim another cup win after defeating Gombak United 2-1 in the final :D.

Transfers : With funds tight I had to look to free transfers if I wanted to bring players in and with us at the foreigner limit, they had to be Singaporean too. So in came Li Yongxiang and Lu Jun on free transfers as well as Ganesan Ismail on a free after his contract with K-League side Jeonbuk ran out. Ganesan Ibrahim and Sun Yang also came in on free transfers from Balestier and so did Mohd Aidil Hamzah also on a free transfer from Sengkang.

Squad : I was very happy with the squad this season as they pushed Etoile right to the wire. We looked strong at the back, only conceding 29 goals, the least in the league and also looked strong going forward as we scored 66 goals. Most of those were down to Yuta Matsushita who netted an incredible 41 goals in 41 games (30 in 32 league games) as he claimed the runners up spot in the leagues scoring charts awards. It’s been a while since I’ve had a player score that amount of goals on any FM (my last 40+ goal scorer coming in FM05/06 I think) so I’m hopeful that this guy is the real deal; he’s contracted for another 3 years anyway and has both the club and myself listed on his favourite lists so I’m hoping that he stays around for a while. Sandro also played well for us as he grabbed 18 goals in 34 games, but he’s on his way back to Brazil in January after wanting a move back home.

Finances : Still not looking good despite a takeover and to make matters worse, the new chairman has taken out a loan in which we have to pay back £1.6k a month for the next 15 years.

Career Summary

2043     Tampines Rovers    Singapore S-League		      3rd      South East Asian Club Championship Winners
2044     Tampines Rovers    Singapore S-League		      2nd      Singapore Cup Winners, League Cup Winners

Singapore.png

Singapore

Season 2044 : Review

After qualifying for the Asian Nations Cup Qualifying Round by beating Tajikistan earlier in the year, we only played 3 more games and those were all friendlies. It gave us a good chance to experiment with some new faces and considering we won all of our friendly games, I’d say it was quite successful. We’ve also climbed 25 places in the world rankings as we now sit 93rd in the world and with a few months off now, we can start to prepare for our Asian Cup Qualifying Group games with our first game coming in January against Hong Kong.

International Career Summary

Season   Team              Competiton   		 Achievements

2011	 -		   -				 -
2012	 -		   -				 -
2013	 -		   -				 -
2014	 -		   -				 -
2015	 -		   -				 -
2016	 -		   -				 -
2017	 -		   -				 -
2018	 -		   -				 -
2019	 -		   -				 -
2020	 Hong Kong	   Asian Challenge Cup		 Winners
2021	 Hong Kong	   -				 -
2022     Hong Kong	   Asian Challenge Cup		 -
2023	 -		   -				 -
2024	 -		   -				 -
2025	 -		   -				 -
2026	 -		   -				 -
2027	 -		   -				 -
2028	 -		   -				 -
2029	 -		   -				 -
2030	 -		   -				 -
2031	 - 		   -				 -
2032     -		   -			 	 -
2033     South Korea	   -				 -
2034     South Korea       World Cup			 Knocked out in 2nd round
2035     South Korea       Asian Cup		         Winners
2036     South Korea       World Cup Asian Qualifiers    Qualified for World Cup Finals section
2037     -		   -				 -
2038     -		   -				 -
2039	 -		   -				 -
2040     -		   -				 -
2041     -		   -				 -
2042	 -		   -				 -
2043	 -		   -				 -
2044     Singapore	   Asian Cup Qualifiers          Qualified for Asian Cup Qualifiers

Well done on the cup double, really impressive :thup:

Shame you missed out on the league, but still a more than credible show to finish second only on goal difference. I suppose it's going to take a lot more to overthrow Etoile and replace them as the top club in Singapore, however, at least it looks like you're starting to chip away at them.

Good season overall at Tampines. Too bad you couldn't beat out Etoile but hopefully you can win the title next season.

Cheers rancer. I'm hoping so too but with Etoile, you know how strong they can be and have been for the last 20 years.

Ouch...tied in points and finishing second is always tough to digest. How's the Singapore squad doing?

Thanks cerud. It was a little tough to take but looking at the broader picture we should be delighted with our season as we've progressed far in a short space in time. The Singapore squad are doing well, as you can see from the screenie above. We've managed to qualify for the Asian Nations Cup Qualifying Round and should stand a chance of clinching that 2nd spot in the group.

Well done on the cup double, really impressive :thup:

Shame you missed out on the league, but still a more than credible show to finish second only on goal difference. I suppose it's going to take a lot more to overthrow Etoile and replace them as the top club in Singapore, however, at least it looks like you're starting to chip away at them.

Thanks AK. Yep, I think it's going to take a hell of a lot to shift Etoile from their perch, but we're doing well to have closed the gap like we have. As you say, if we can keep chipping away at them I'm sure we can eventually give them a run for their money when it comes to the dominent team in Singapore.

Archived