Cove Bay Pirates/STI v. City Merchants/NTI - The Ultimate Rivalry - This Time It's For Real!!!

Who will win the Gold Cup?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Gold Cup?

• Northern Treasure Islands
    • Southern Treasure Islands
    • U.S.A.
    • Mexico
    • Other

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes we beat the damn STI's at last, and i scored the winner against Jamaica. Good Times

and just out of interest what are the attendances like for these rivalry games???

Both clubs/nations have 60,000 capacity stadia so they attendance usually tops 59,500.:thup:

Did anyone realise when they joined the southern treasure islands their name was also going to stand for a sexually transmitted infection :D

Even I didn't realise that until I was writing one of the first posts and it was all too late. :o But it gives some good oppurtunities for banter mind :D

I think I will give player news at the end of October and March as well as a trnasfer window update for January - in those I can mention anything of note at the clubs (European games, notable matches etc) and then have an end of year update for each club.

October update to come tomorrow most likely with another STI-NTI match to report on - this time, there were quite a few goals! ;)

World Cup 2014 Qualifiying, North American Zone, 2nd Round

Group 3, Matchday 4

Southern Treasure Islands v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 06.10.12

Venue: World's End Stadium, Cove Bay

Just as we pass the halfway point in the second round, another rival's clash comes round. Both teams were well placed to advance to the next round but there was still much at stake - for STI, the chance to show that their previous defeat was just a fluke and for NTI, the chance to show that they had turned a corner and gained the upper hand over their rivals... It was STI who took their chance as they turned in an awesome dispaly to smash their rivals to pieces. Elliot Druce began the rout with a goal on 21 minutes following a fine pass by Jason de Mire. Druce turned provider two minutes later as he played Bobinho through to double the lead. NTI were seeing plenty of the ball but were unable to create many clear cut chances. The Northerners kept the ball as much as they could, hoping some wise words at half time would sort them out. However, it was the Southerners who came out more fired up for the second half as soon added a third as Eduaddo headed home a corner from Druce. There was a glimmer of hope for NTI as Ryca Roseau scored but just a few minutes later sub Brendanio scored STI's 4th after Druce once more sliced open NTI'S defence with a killer through ball. Rich Denton rubbed the salt in with a great free kick in injury time to make it 5-1. That's how it finished as STI responded to their first defeat at the hands of the ir rivals by recordibg their biggest victory against them to date.

Final Score: Southern Treasure Islands 5, Northern Treasure Islands 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats | NTI Ratings & Stats

In the other game, Jamaica recorded their first win of the group as they beat El Slavador 3-1. That result means a point in the next match will be enough for STI to go through and a win will do the trick for NTI.

Forthcoming Fixtures: Southern Treasure Islands v. El Salvador; Northern Treasure Islands v. Jamaica

Group 3, Matchday 5

Just a few days after STI's emphatic crushing of their rivals, both teams were back in action in games that were to secure their places in the next and final round of qualifying.

Northern Treasure Islands v. Jamaica

NTI had to brush off their heavy defeat and get back to business. That's exactly what they did as they beat Jamaica 3-0. The scoreline did not reflect what was quite an even game though with the Jamaicans oing close on several ocassions. A solid performance by the NTI back 4 and keeper kept them out though. At the other end, Roberto dos Santos opened the scoring in the first half with Ryca Roseau setting him up. The second came late as Roseau delivered a corner for MoM Rebel Israel to score. The third was even later as Jamaica failed to clear another NTI corner and ended up putting the ball into their own net.

Final Score: Northern Treasure Islands 3, Jamaica 0 |NTI Player Ratings & Stats

El Salvador v. Southern Treasure Islands

STI carried their goalscoring form through from the previous game as they turned in 5 goals again, this time without reply. Also, for the second match in succession, there were 5 different scorers! Captain Gingerbread and Eduaddo got the goals in the first half with Man of the Moment Druce again suplying the assists. In the second half, Bobinho scored within a minute of the restart heading home a cross from Gwilym J. James. Two Adams combined for the next goal as Clatworthy set up Wilkinson. Captain David Sunderland laid on the final goal in stoppage time as Jason de Mire collected the pass and rounded the keeper to score.

Final Score: El Salvador 0,Southern Treasure Islands 5 |STI Player Ratings & Stats

Both those results guaranteed that both of the rival nations will be present in the third and final round. :thup:

I don't even seem to be making the bench for STI anymore, what happened? :(

KUTGW :thup:

Paul Hart actually started brightly on the international stage but a lack of domestic football has cost him. I think he needs to get out of NEC fast!

Paul Hart actually started brightly on the international stage but a lack of domestic football has cost him. I think he needs to get out of NEC fast!

ahh, the good times :rolleyes: <-- I know that's the 'sarcastic' smile, but I personally think it's a perfect looking back at good old times smiley :D

October 2012 Update: Players Update

Time for an update on anything of note that has happened so far this season with the players in the domestic leagues...

Player News

Gregory Le Quack has made the No. 1 jersey his own at Derby and was recently named the Championship Young Player of the Month.

Robert Boyle is in great form for Ajax at the moment with an impressive 11 goals in 7 league games.

Bobinho is another striker in form with 13 goals in 16 games (all competitions) so far. He has already been slected in the La Liga Team of the Week twice.

Rebel Israel has been drawing the plaudits with a string of impressive performances at the heart of the Barcelona defence.

Brendanio and Spud are two of the top rated players so far in the Champions League.

Good news and bad news for Trevor Tobago: the good news is that he made his first league appearance for PSV in 2 years, picking up a 7.00 rating:thup:; the bad news is that he oulled a hamstring halfway through the second half and is out for a month. :(

Transfer Rumours

With the transfer window just two months away, some of the Islanders have been attracting interest.

[b][u]Player[/u][/b]            [u][b]Wanted by[/b][/u]
[font=Courier New]Ben Roscrow       Chelsea, Barcelona, R. Madrid[/font]
[font=Courier New]Brendanio         Portsmouth[/font]
[font=Courier New]Spud              Newcastle, Lyon[/font]
[font=Courier New]Natahniel Ball    Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, AC Milan, Juventus[/font]
[font=Courier New]Jack Harrow       Merchants[/font]
[font=Courier New]Rich Denton       Arsenal, R. Madrid[/font]
[font=Courier New]T.H. Gooner       Fulham, Man City[/font]
[font=Courier New]Iker Reina        Bolton[/font]
[font=Courier New]Ramiro            At. Madrid[/font]
[font=Courier New]Emilio Peralta    Dortmund[/font]
[font=Courier New]Craig Healy       Espanyol[/font]

Injuries

The following are currently on the treatment table, chatting up the club nurses: ;)

[b][u]Player[/u]            [u]Injury[/u]             [u]Out for[/u][/b]
[font=Courier New]Adam Flash        Torn calf muscle   1 month[/font]
[font=Courier New]Trevor Tobago     Torn hamstring     1 month[/font]
[font=Courier New]Craig Healy       Broken toe         3 weeks[/font]
[font=Courier New]Heinrich Kroeger  Hip injury         1 week[/font]
[font=Courier New]Emilio Peralta    Bruised rib        5 days[/font]

Unhappy Chappies

T.H. Gooner is desperate to leave Balckburn.

Haowan is worried by the fact he's not a regular starter at Bayern Munich.

Iker Reina has had enough at Stuttgart and wants to join a bigger club.

Ramiro feels he can't go any further at Wigan and wants to move on.

Bob McBob is finding it difficult to settle in at Arsenal.

Maccaniniho is disappointed bu Juventus' poor form in the league but wants to help the team rise up the table.

Paul Hart is transfer listed at NEC but doesn't want to leave!

October 2012 Update: The Clubs

Time for a quick look at what the two clubs we all started at are up to.

Capital City Merchants FC

A decent start to the campaign for the Merchants sees them currently 6th in the league. They had a tough draw in the 2nd round of the Dutch Cup as they faced Ajax. They managed to win 1-0, only to be knocked out by FC Gronigen in the next round. In Europe, Merchants overcame Red Star Belgrade to make the group stages. They were drawn in Group G along with Porto, Kayserispor, CFR Cluj and Udinese. The group started well for the Capital City boys as the beat Porto 2-0.

Cove Bay Pirates

The Pirates have had a tougher time so far in the league currently sitting in 9th place. They have progressed to the 4th round of the cup having beaten lower league opposition on the way. In the UEFA Cup, Cove Bay knocked out Wolfsburg in the first round and were then drawn in a group with Olympiakos, Mallorca, Werder Bremen and Dinamo Bucharest. They starte with a 2-2 home draw with Mallorca.

Head-to-head

There has been one Treasure Island derby so far. Merchants hosted Cove Bay at Capital City stadium but it was the visitors who got the win with two first half goals. The home side were made to rue a first half penalty miss which could have got them back into the match.

Result: Merchants FC 0, Cove Bay 2

WARNING: Impending Evicitons

After looking back through the thread, the following haven't posted in the last 6 weeks or longer. These players will face eviction at the end of the current season unless they start posting again.

User Name     Player             Nation Pos.

[font=Courier New]Squirrel      Nathaniel Ball     STI    DL[/font]
[font=Courier New]rtik-1-one    Rtik Carlos-Powell STI    DL[/font]
[font=Courier New]Adamw         Adam Wilkinson     STI    AML[/font]
[font=Courier New]Gypsum        Adam Clatworthy    STI    AMC[/font]
[font=Courier New]Pezz          Juan Carlos        STI    AMR[/font]
[font=Courier New]Aqnfiqw       Elliot Druce       STI    AMC[/font]
[font=Courier New]TommyWright   Wrighty            STI    DC[/font]
[font=Courier New]LardmanCDB    General Specific   NTI    DM[/font]
[font=Courier New]TH14Gooner    Theo Henry Gooner  NTI    DC[/font]
[font=Courier New]Super_Lampard Arthur White       NTI    ST[/font]
[font=Courier New]Dirty1982dec  Dirtinho           NTI    AML[/font]
[font=Courier New]Fudger        Diego Polo         NTI    AMR[/font]
[font=Courier New]Benroscrow    Ben Roscrow        NTI    DL[/font]

Anyone interested in taking one of these spots at the end of the season (provided they are still available) can state their preferences on this reserve list:

Name             Club/Nation Preference Position

[font=Courier New]1. Gus Crazy        Merchants/NTI          ?[/font]
[font=Courier New]2.[/font]
[font=Courier New]3.[/font]
[font=Courier New]etc. [/font]

Another embarrasing loss against STI :mad: again without Le Quack in goal...

At least we won against Jamaica though :thup:

October 2012 Update: Players Update

Gregory Le Quack has made the No. 1 jersey his own at Derby and was recently named the Championship Young Player of the Month.

Finally he's got succes! :D

The Merchants lost a rival clash :thdn:

Brendanio getting a goal from the bench against NTI and then was promptly dropped from the squad altogether? :confused:

Good to see STI winning and doing it in style and also good to see me up there as one of the best performers in the Champions League so far. Transfer would be okay as I would go to a playable league but I doubt Portsmouth are in the CL so maybe I should just stay at Rangers.

KUTGW

Well, certainly a mixed bag of results since I last looked!

Some great results in qualifying and made even sweeter by finally beating those STIs! (obviously the thrashing doesn't count..)

I just assume Cabinboy Pendros still isn't playing? (can't access the pics atm :()

we lost to those northern wretches??! disgraceful!

I predict a mauling in the home tie. 3-0 to the southerners and to finish top of the group!

only 3-0. sheesh, what was i thinking?! 5-1. back with a vengeance. we're the Daddies NTI and dont forget it!

My lad even got the 5th with a thunderbolt freekick (poetic license!) ;-)

forget Germany 1 England 5, this is better! get in!

and as an aside, my player is now linked with Real madrid and Arsenal. he does get around doesnt he!? whats that, 7th club already! im not sure the Catalans will be too happy with me moving to Real having worn the Barca strip previously! Figo pt II!

Group 3, Matchday 6

With qualification assured for both of our nations, these matches were little more than a chance to have a runout and pick up another cap.

Northern Treasure Islands v. El Salvador

As assured performance by NTI saw them win a game they never looked like losing. First half goals from Arthur White and Roberto dos Santos effectively wrapped up the match early. A second half strike from the away side made the match look closer than it was but it was NTI who got the win.

Final Score: Northern Treasure Islands 2, El Salvador 1 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Southern Treasure Islands v. Jamaica

Meanwhile, in Cove Bay, STI finished the group in style scoring 5 goals for the third game in succession! An early Adam Clatoworthy goal set the tone for the match with Eduaddo and Bobinho adding two more before the break. Jamaica pulled one back early in the second half but never looked like getting back into this one. two goals in the last ten minutes from back to form Captain Gingerbread secured another dominant win for those rougues from the South.

Final Score: Southern Treasure Islands 5, Jamaica 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

So, both our nations qualified with relative ease and will now participate in the final group of 6. They will be joined by the usual suspects from CONCACAF - USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras. That makes for a tougher group than last time but our nations are much more mature now and both must fancy their chances of booking their tickets to Brazil (remember the top three qualify automatically and the 4th place side goes into a play-off with a South American team). Interesting to note how much tighter the other groups were, especially Group 2 where Canada missed out despite having 12 points!

Second Round Final Tables

and one more thing: How will both nations kick off the final round of qualifying? That's right - with a match against each other. ;) Bring it on!

International Update: November Friendlies

Having wrapped up their 2nd round group, both sides of the Islands featured in friendly matches. NTI decided to hand out a couple of good beatings to fellow Caribbean nations while STI succumbed to a home defeat at the hands of Norway.

Results: Bahamas 0, Northern Treasure Islands 4 |NTI Player Ratings & Stats

St Pierre & Miquelon 0, Northern Treasure Islands 5 |NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Southern Treasure Islands 0, Norway 2 |STI Player Ratings & Stats

Archived