Cove Bay Pirates/STI v. City Merchants/NTI - The Ultimate Rivalry - This Time It's For Real!!!

Who will win the Gold Cup?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Gold Cup?

• Northern Treasure Islands
    • Southern Treasure Islands
    • U.S.A.
    • Mexico
    • Other

83 minutes: RED CARD!!!

As NTI venture forward again, Miltnho begins another run only to be hacked down from behind by Martijn van der Berg. While Miltinho rolls around on the floor, van der Berg does his best to look innocent but it doesn't work as the ref reaches for his back pocket and shows him a straight red. STI are down to 10 men for the last 7 minutes! Can they hold on to their lead?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88 minutes: Le Quack collects the ball on the edge of the area and plays it to Cee. The right back finds McBob with a long ball. After a great first touch, he shows great vision to pick up Peralta's run forward. The sub then plays a lovely through ball to dos Santos who sees his first time shot saved at the near post by Reina. It wouldn't have mattered anyway as the flag goes up for offside.

90 minutes: NTI have gone 4-2-4 now. They almost get the goal they are chasing immediately as McBob plays dos Santos through again. His shot is parried by the keeper and Maccaniniho just, and I mean just, beats Roseau to the ball and blasts it into row Z!

90 (+1) minutes: NTI win a corner and Le Quack leaves his goal to join the attack. Unfortunately, the delivery is poor and STI clear easily. Brendanio tries to run onto the clearance before Le Quack can get back but is expertly tackled by Ben Cee.

90 (+3) minutes: James blocks Peralta just outside the area but it's a bit too rough for the ref's liking and he gives NTI a free kick in a dangerous position and shows James a yellow card, meaning the winger will miss the final (if STI can hold on for the next minute that is).

90 (+4) minutes: Tobago breaks down the right but is pulled back by James. NTI get the free kick and James is lucky not to be sent off. Cee hits the free kick high to the edge of the area. Reina comes off his line and heads the ball away from the oncoming Roseau.

PEEP! PEEP! PEEP! And it's all over. STI are into the final! The NTI players collapse to the ground while the STIers dance around them!

Get in, deserved victory despite NTI's cheating. ;)

Will you do the final tonight as well?

Sorry, no time tonight. I'll get the final up tomorrow (normal report mind ;)) and I'll do all the things I need to do to wrap everything up on Wednesday.

World Cup 2018 Semi Finals

Confirmation of the result for you:

STI 2, NTI 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Stop Press!: We've just got the result of the other semi. Brazil needed extra time to defeat U.S.A., eventually scoring on 113 minutes and only after the Americans had been reduced to 10 men following an injury to one of their defenders. So all that stands between STI and the World Cup is the most successful fotballing nation on earth - Brazil! :D

Just 7 posts short of 100 in the thread tonight with that match report! :eek::D

I'm almost tempted to do something similar for the final... almost. ;)

Thanks to those of you who took part tonight. I'll post the result of the 3rd place play-off and final tomorrow after work. :thup:

Great win by STI and a pity I couldnt be here for the live action. Not much happening for Brendanio but hopefully the STI manager will celebrate a but too hard and decide to employ a rotation system for none other than the biggest game of football in the world, leaving me with the honour of starting in a world cup final.

World Cup 2018

Third Place Play-Off

Northern Treasure Islands v. U.S.A.

Date: 07.07.18

Venue: Luzhniki, Moscow

For the second tournament in a row, NTI found themselves in the 3rd place playoff while their bitter rivals were getting ready for an appearance in the final. A surprisingly open match followed with both teams creating chances. The Americans had the better of the attacking play but Le Quack was in fine form to deny them time and time again. NTI enjoyed more of the ball but couldn’t quite match the attacking prowess of their opponents. The most surprising aspect of the game in the end was that neither side was able to score in 120 minutes of play despite several good chances. That sent the game to penalties. Boyle, Twigge and Israel all slotted home thier penalties while the Americans missed two of their first three, Le Quack on form when needed again. Spud had the chance to seal the victory but hit his penalty wide. It didn’t matter though as Le Quack then made his third save of the shoot-out to earn NTI the consolation win.

Result: NTI 0, USA 0 (NTI win 3-1 on penalties) | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

World Cup 2018

Brazil Dominate But Lady Luck Shines on STI

The Final

Southern Treasure Islands v. Brazil.

Date: 08.07.18

Venue: Lokomotiv, Moscow

In the build up to the game, the STI players knew this would be their best chance of taking the World Cup. Many of the players who took to the field will be past their best by 2022 – could the Golden Generation of Treasure Island football take the ultimate prize? The match couldn’t have got off to a better start as captain Sunderland immediately made a run down the right flank and crossed from the byline. Bobinho had made a great run into the box and was left with a simple near post header to open the scoring. Brazil being Brazil, STI could not afford to relax as their opponents came forward in search of an immediate equaliser. The STI backline was working hard though and Reina was in fine form again as he made two outstanding saves to keep STI ahead until the break. The Brazilians picked up where they left off after half-time coming forward in wave after wave of attack but being turned back time and time again. STI were not venturing forward at all, happy just to sit deep and hold onto the ball as much as possible. A second goal seemed inevitable but nobody was expecting it from STI. As another Brazil attack broke down, the ball was cleared to Healy who turned and played a pass out wide to Sunderland. The Liverpool winger then picked out clubmate Gingerbeard with a lovely pass and the striker hit his shot first time. Luck was on his side as the ball took a slight deflection of a defender causing it to loop up and over the stranded keeper. After that, Brazil conceded defeat and STI were able to play out the last 20 minutes calmly as they became World Champions!!!

Result: STI 2, Brazil 0 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

World Cup 2018: Review

STI will no doubt be delighted with their World Cup win, especially as they beat their rivals NTI on the way. To be fair, the Southerners have had the upper hand for the majority of the last ten years and it was fitting that they got the glory at the end of the sign-up.

Our sign-up players featured in the World Cup awards, although fans may be a little disappointed that there was not more recognition for the players who won the cup and those who came third.

Best Goalkeeper – STI keeper Reina won this award after conceding only two goals in the entire competition. Le Quack finished third in the poll – his MoM performances outweighing the fact that he conceded 10!

Best PlayerSomewhat disappointingly, only one Treasure Islander made the top three, that being STI captain Sunderland who came third.

Golden BootWith 7 goals in 7 games, NTI front man dos Santos grabbed third place in the scoring charts.

Dream Team – Reina and Sunderland were surprisingly the only STI players to make the Dream Team first XI. Gingerbread, The Stig, Le Quack, Spud and dos Santos were named amongst the subs.

So that’s it as far as the active part of the sign up goes. Later this week (Wednesday hopefully), I’ll post career stats and final profiles of those of you still active in this sign-up. At the moment, that means the following players:

NTI: Gregory Le Quack, Jack Harrow, Ben Cee, Mikey Twigge, Bob McBob, Haowan, Pablo Gonzalez

STI: Heinrich Kroeger, The Stig, Ramiro, Craig Healy, Gus Crazy, Jason de Mire, Captain Gingerbeard, Bobinho, Brendanio

If I’ve missed anyone, just let me know. Also, let me know if you would like a ‘what happened next?’ report. I’m not promising anything but, if I have time, I may run the game on and see what the players get up to in the twighlight of their careers and if they go onto coaching or management. I also think it will be interesting to see what happens to the national teams once all of their superstars have retired.

World Cup medal ! It's a pity the other keeper got the best keeper of the tournament though. There's nothing you can do in such a situation :(

And I'd also like to know "What happened next" apart from the career stats and profiles and PA of Heinrich Kroeger :thup:

And Superb work mate, take a bow. I hope your next sign up is as good as this :thup:

Can only echo what's already been said, fantastic sign-up and please do another one :D

Great way to end with what at least looks like a comfortable 2-0 win over Brazil. A shame Ramiro missed out on a medal although it's fair to say after all those years at Wigan he's hardly had a glittering career.

Just remembered that I signed up here before my AWOL period from the forums. Saw Miltinho on he semi final report and itlooks like h truned ou the dirty player I had hoped for.

I'm going to read through the sign-up now, am intrigued on how all the progress went!

Just remembered that I signed up here before my AWOL period from the forums. Saw Miltinho on he semi final report and itlooks like h truned ou the dirty player I had hoped for.

I'm going to read through the sign-up now, am intrigued on how all the progress went!

I believe I stopped giving news on Miltinho sometime after you went AWOL. No probs though - I'll include him in Wednesday's round-up. :)

Archived