Cove Bay Pirates/STI v. City Merchants/NTI - The Ultimate Rivalry - This Time It's For Real!!!

Who will win the Gold Cup?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Gold Cup?

• Northern Treasure Islands
    • Southern Treasure Islands
    • U.S.A.
    • Mexico
    • Other

2008/9 End of Season Profiles and Stats: Southern Treasure Islands

The final part of the end of season round-up. (NTI profiles are on the previous page if you missed them. icon_wink.gif)

N.B. It shold be noted that these screenies were taken before the quarters of the Gold Cup because some players were set to move and/or their profiles would have been reset in early June. Therefore, the international stats don't include the last three games.

Cove Bay Pirates

Iker Reina - established as first choice for club and country. Just signed a new contract putting him on nearly 14k a week.

Heinrich Kroeger - still has the warmest spot in the stadium. icon_biggrin.gif Performed well in the appearances he made though.

Eduaddo - a regular at the heart of the Cove Bay defence. Has shown enough potential to gain the attention of AC Milan though the club have ruled out a move which has caused the player to become unsettled.

Craig Healy - another solid season for the central midfielder at domestic and international level. Currently being tracked by Ajax.

Juan Carlos - a good season for the explosive winger. Just signed a new deal putting him on 18k a week.

David Sunderland - spent most of the domestic season on the bench but featured regularly as captain for STI.

Adam Wilkinson - second choice on the left for Cove Bay but ever present for the national side. After his performances at the Gold Cup, attracted a bid of 1.6mil from Roda JC (currently under consideration).

Gwilym J. James - featured on a fairly regular basis for club and country. Also wanted by Roda JC.

Jason de Mire - not a first choice but took his chances when selected. Won't be a Cove Bay player for much longer as he has agreed a 2.6mil move to NEC.

Bobinho - frustrated by limited chances at club level but was in fantastic form for the national team. Unhappy at the moment as he wants to move to a bigger club.

Capital City Merchants FC

The Stig - caused shockwaves in Treasure Islands football when he signed for fierce rivals the Merchants. Played well for his new club and was ever present for STI despite the switch. He is on the move again though as he has agreed a 2.7mil switch to FC Twente.

PSV

Adam Clatworthy - only managed one sub appearance at his new club but was a regular for STI and was in great form too.

Brendanio - featured more regularly than his compatriot and bagged a few goals as well. Regular at international level too.

NEC

Rich Denton - established as first choice at NEC in the right back slot but limited to just 2 caps. He will reunite with The Stig next term as he has transfered to FC Twente for 4.3mil.

Paul Hart - will have been frustarted by lack of chances at his new club but seems happy enough to stay next season.

Captain Gingerbread - in impressive form for most of the season and stayed relatively injury free this time. On the move again as he will play for FC Koln next year after a 4.1mil transfer.

Feyenoord

Maccaniniho - had a great debut season at Feyenoord as he became immediately established. A rock at the heart of the STI defence too.

Bochum

Elliot Druce - had a difficult season at the wrong end of the Bundesliga but played well for STI.

Dortmund

Nathaniel Ball - settled in well in Germany and will be looking to become established in te first team next year. 11 caps but all as a sub!

Schalke

Wrighty - played well for Cove Bay before his January switch making 12 starts with an average rating of 7.00. Chances were more limited at Schalke but he will aÅŸso be looking to break into the first XI next time out.

Standard Liege

Rtik Carlos-Powell - a long season battling against relegation for the left back but he impressed with 3 goals as well. Will be back in Holland next season as he has agreed a 500k move to Roda JC.

I'm holidaying through the rest of the summer now. I'll be back with the rest of the transfer news and the big World Cup Qualifier between North and South in the next updates. icon14.gif

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Sunderland

Gregory Le Quack - a learning season as he all season in the U-18s. Things are looking up for next season though as the two first team keepers, Gordon and Enke, look to be opn their way out.

Gordon and Enke better feck off icon_biggrin.gif if they want to avoid the embarrassment of losing their first team spot to an 18-year-old icon_wink.gif

Attribute-wise he looks like he's developing into a great player icon14.gif but his U18 performances are kinda crap for such a great player icon_frown.gif

Glad that STI didn't win any medals at the Gold Cup icon_biggrin.gif

Standard Liege

Rtik Carlos-Powell - a long season battling against relegation for the left back but he impressed with 3 goals as well. Will be back in Holland next season as he has agreed a 500k move to Roda JC.

Im kinda sad im leaving now...sob...sob. I've got some super mental ability though now and i'm only 20...i wish. I hope i can set the dutch league alight.

Still at PSV and will be looking for more appearances next season to go along with by regular appearances at international level. Well done to STI on finishing 4th in the Gold Cup but if only the manager had kept be on in that playoff icon_mad.gif I'd already scored and was ready for more icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Sunderland

Gregory Le Quack - a learning season as he all season in the U-18s. Things are looking up for next season though as the two first team keepers, Gordon and Enke, look to be opn their way out.

Gordon and Enke better feck off icon_biggrin.gif if they want to avoid the embarrassment of losing their first team spot to an 18-year-old icon_wink.gif

Attribute-wise he looks like he's developing into a great player icon14.gif but his U18 performances are kinda crap for such a great player icon_frown.gif

Glad that STI didn't win any medals at the Gold Cup icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon has indeed gone and Le Quack has been promoted over the reserve squad keepers to the first team squad. Enke remains however... Better send the boys round to put him out of action for a little while. icon_biggrin.gif

There are a few more transfers and 3 world Cup Qualifiers to report on. Updates will come after Man U have beaten Chelsea to win the title. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Sunderland

Glad that STI didn't win any medals at the Gold Cup icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon has indeed gone and Le Quack has been promoted over the reserve squad keepers to the first team squad. Enke remains however... Better send the boys round to put him out of action for a little while. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I owe you a beer if you could make that happen icon_wink.gif

Updates will come after Man U have beaten Chelsea to win the title. icon_wink.gif

OK, so that didn't happen but I've got an update anyway. icon_razz.gif

2009/10 Season Preview: Summer Transfers

I'll start with our two rival clubs.

Capital City Merchants FC

A fairly busy summer on the North side with 8 players in and 4 out. STI star The Stig decided to make his stay at the Northern club short as he moved to FC Twente for 2.7m. There were three moves involving NTI players as, somewhat surprisingly, new boy Miltihno was immediately allowed to leave, going to PSV for free. icon_confused.gifDirtihno signed a new contract with the club but has left temporarily, going on a season-long loan to OGC Nice. Jackie Chan (along with ex-Merchants Parker Reynolds and Joe Richardson) was found to have not completed his national service and therefore had his contract terminated. (In an ironic twist, they will all be made to do their national service in the tresure Islands Post Office. icon_biggrin.gif) A suprising departure was Cristian Nazarith, the young Colombian going to PSV after just a year at the club - on a free again! (What is it with PSV and freebies?). The Merchants' scouts had obviously been to South America last season as 2 Brazilains, an Argentine and a Paraguayan will come in. Bernardo, a 19 year-old MC, looks to be the pick of the signings. They also splashed the cash on 29 year old Argentine centre back Pelligrino, bringing the former Velez player in for 8.25m.

Merchants' Transfer Summary

Cove Bay Pirates

The Pirates were less active, only bringing 5 players in. They did, however, let 4 Southern natives go as de Mire left early in the transfer window. He was later followed by Adam Wilkinson (heading to Roda JC), Bobihno (who will join NTI rival Bob McBob at Wolfsburg) and Heinrich Kroeger with the young goalie making the decision to drop a division to try and get some first team action at Willem II. The Pirates seem intent on shoring up their defence bringig in 4 defenders, along with a winger and a striker. Kyle Long, a young American regen signed from Columbus Crew , looks to be a very promising prospect and is the pick of the summer signings.

Cove Bay Pirates' Transfer Summary

The Other Movers and Shakers

There were obviously other moves involving Islanders, which are sumarised below:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player From To Fee

Ben Cee Mouscron Gimnastic 775k

Rebel Israel Club Brugge AJ Auxerre 3.1m

T.H. Gooner Genk Blackburn 2.4m

Ben Roscrow PSV St-Etienne 1.6m

General Specific Leverkusen Nürnberg 4.5m

Dirtihno Merchants FC OGC Nice Loan

Rich Denton NEC FC Twente 4.3m

The Stig Merchants FC FC Twente 2.7m

Cap'n Gingerbeard NEC Köln 4.1m

Jason de Mire Cove Bay NEC 2.6m

Adam Wilkinson Cove Bay Roda JC 1.6m

Rtik Standard Roda JC 500k

Heinrich Kroeger Cove Bay Willem II 1.3m

Bobihno Cove Bay Wolfsburg 1.5m

</pre>

And here are lists of everybody's clubs, values and wages. icon_smile.gif

Where are they now and what are they worth? (Part 1)

Where are they now and what are they worth? (Part 2)

Just in case you are wondering, here's a summary of whoever has got a status icon next to their name: icon14.gif

Injuries

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Captain Gingerbread is out for a month (sprained ankle).

Bobihno is out for 3 weeks (fractured arm).

Arthur White is out for a couple of days with a knock.

Jason de Mire has a damged heel and is out for up to 6 days.

Wrighty is recovering from ankle ligamnet damage and is out for two more weeks. </pre>

Wanted players

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Emilio Peralta (De Graafschap, Dordrecht)

Alfonso da Silva Santos (Anderlecht, Nürnberg, Hertha Berlin)

Cabinboy Pendros (PSV)

Genreal Specific (Strasbourg, Stade Rennais, PSV, Heerenveen, Hertha Berlin)

Dirtihno (Auxerre, Leverkusen)

Robert Boyle (Mainz, Wolfsburg, Heerenveen)

Roberto dos Santos (Strasbourg)

Craig Healy* (Auxerre, Mainz, Ajax)

Bob McBob* (Arsenal, Everton, Marseille, Dortmund)

Edduado* (Toulouse, Karlsruhe, AC Milan)</pre>

*These players are unhappy due to their clubs' refusal to let them move to bigger clubs.

Let the season begin!

From now on, I will only give updates on Cove Bay and The Merchants for the rivals clashes. Apart from that, I will give a quarterly report on all the leagues our players are involved in with the mid-season report being most detailed (transfers, player stats etc). I will also continue covering all results for the national sides. icon_smile.gif

Quick question - both rival clubs are producing regens and signing new players now. Would you like screenies fo the best signings and most promising youth talent? Your thoughts will be appreciated (I will also use this as a yard stick on who is paying attetion to the thread. I will check who has not been posting ahead of the mid-season update and, for those who haven't, I will not give any info in that update - you've been warned icon_wink.gif)

One of the few players left at the merchants. Not wanted by anyone or unhappy for any reason, thats loyalty icon14.gif. Could you possibly tell me what my squad status is and the chances of me playing?

and in regard to your question i think that a screenshot of the best player bought in during each transfer window and a screenshot of the best regen produced each season would be a very nice touch that shouldnt take too much time i don't think.

kutgw

Originally posted by Blackcats:

One of the few players left at the merchants. Not wanted by anyone or unhappy for any reason, thats loyalty icon14.gif. Could you possibly tell me what my squad status is and the chances of me playing?

and in regard to your question i think that a screenshot of the best player bought in during each transfer window and a screenshot of the best regen produced each season would be a very nice touch that shouldnt take too much time i don't think.

kutgw

Pablo Gonzaléz's loyalty has paid off - he is now classed as an 'important first team player' and has been an ever present in the games played so far averaging a goal a game. icon14.gif

International update to come but right now I'm off to watch the most intense local derby around - Galatasaray v. Fenerbahce. Come on Cimbom! icon_biggrin.gif

Heinrich Kroeger with the young goalie making the decision to drop a division to try and get some first team action at Willem II.

Finally, some First Team Action !! icon14.gif His butt must be blistering hot now icon_biggrin.gif

worth 1.3 million pounds too !! icon_eek.gif

KUTGW !

And Rebel's off to France. Hopefully one big season away from a move to a big big club.

For what its worth, I'm still interested in how Merchants are doing in the league, etc - though I'm more interested in the International derbies and how the sign-up players are doing abroad.

KUTGW.

It would be good to see the best signings and youth players but to save time and to save yourself from trying to pick the best you could always show screenshots of those who go on to be capped at U19's. Others might want screenshots earlier but I just thought that this way we get to see the best based on current ability but due to the nations small populations there's a chance they would give youth international caps to any player.

Hopefully that made sense and I didn't confuse you with what I was saying (or trying to say). Rest of the updates are good and Brendan no longer has any concerns at PSV which is good.

From now on, I will only give updates on Cove Bay and The Merchants for the rivals clashes. Apart from that, I will give a quarterly report on all the leagues our players are involved in with the mid-season report being most detailed (transfers, player stats etc). I will also continue covering all results for the national sides. icon_smile.gif

Quick question - both rival clubs are producing regens and signing new players now. Would you like screenies fo the best signings and most promising youth talent? Your thoughts will be appreciated (I will also use this as a yard stick on who is paying attetion to the thread. I will check who has not been posting ahead of the mid-season update and, for those who haven't, I will not give any info in that update - you've been warned icon_wink.gif)

yes, i'm interested to see the quality of the regens in particular. bit gutted both teams have let so many talented 'original' players go for such low fees

Originally posted by McTavish:

So Emilio Peralta has arrived at the Merchants, hopefully they'll hang onto him and give him a few games this season as a move to either De Graafschap or Dordrecht doesn't sound too enticing. icon13.gif

Hopefully, he'll stay on. It seems the clubs, especially the Merchants, have a history of selling players to these mid/lower premier division sides.... I think it's down to the rep I gave the clubs eing a little to low. The problem is, when I tested a version with a higher rep for the teams, they just ended up signing loads of established players and leaving our boys in the U-19s at the start... Something to work on for next time. icon_wink.gif

Updates are pretty much ready (I just need to get screenies of the emerging youth talent icon_smile.gif). I might not be able to get them up straight away though as I'm busy at work all week - class performances for the parents, which is always daunting! Plus, it's Champions league semi-final time. icon_wink.gif Hopefully, I'll get an international update done by Wednesday - watch this space!

Sorry about a lack of updates in recent days. I had a busy week at work, plus I was affected by computer problems - not my computer but my wife's, which meant she had to use my computer for work and I couldn't get as much game time as normal. icon_frown.gif But now, the working week is over and both household computers are running normally. icon14.gif I'll do as many updates as I can over the weekend. icon_smile.gif

August/September International Update (Part 1): North American World Cup Qualifying, Final Phase

Southern Treasure Islands v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 12.08.09

Venue: World's End Stadium

Preview

What a way to kick off the new season as these two international rivals met in a crucial World Cup Qualifier. STI were after a win to take a huge step towards the finals while NTI needed a win to stay in touch with the automatic qualification spots. This time, there were no suspicious injuries as both squads returned from the summer break chomping at the bit for some competitive action.

1st Half

NTI came out psyched up for a big performance and the early exchanges looked promising for them. There were just seven minutes on the clock when Cabinboy Pendros advanced down the left wing and crossed for Hertha Berlin teamate Ryca Roseau to power a header into the net. The Northerners went wild as they took a 1-0 lead. The euphoria was short-lived though as their Southern counterparts sought a way back into the game. The defensive line closed down any NTI attacks and the forwards started to create an increasing number of chances. Craig Healy was the drivng force in midfield and it was he who played a lovely through ball on 33 minutes, which de Mire latched onto and hit a first time shot into the bottom corner. 1-1.

2nd Half

The eqaliser had put the momentum firmly with STI and the halftime break did little to change that. NTI were matching their opponents for possession but were unable to create clear chances. STI, on the other hand, were making several oppurtunities as the home crowd spurred them on. Healy was the provider again as he passed to Adam Wilkinson on the edge of the area. he promptly hit a 20 yard drive into the back of the net and gave the Southerners the lead. NTI were becomig increasingly desperate but just couldn't find a way past an extremely tight STI backline. The boys from the South played it cool and they were the ones celebrating come the final whistle.

Final Score: Southern Treasure Islands 2 Northern Treasure Islands 1

STI Ratings & Stats

NTI Ratings & Stats

An important win for the Southerners and qualification is theirs to lose now. NTI have a lot of work to do, meaning the upcoming game at home to the USA will be vital. They must also hope Honduras slip up.

There were tow more qualifiers at the end of August and beginning of September.

August/September International Update (Part 2): North American World Cup Qualifying, Final Phase

Northern Treasure Islands v. USA

A must win game for the boys from the North and it turned out to be a tense affair. USA had already secured their passage to South Africa in the previous round but were still looking to secure top spot. The match itself was quite even with neither team dominating possession. Once again a lack of attacking bite proved to be the problem for NTI as they only created 5 chances in the match whereas the USA fouınd themselves in many more attacking posiitons. The USA came out on top on the day as Freddy Adu scored the only goal of the game.

Final Score: Northern Treasure Islands 0 USA 1

NTI Ratings & Stats

Cuba v. Southern Treasure Islands

STI's task was much easier as they faced group whipping boys Cuba. The match got off to a slow start but livened up after 25 minutes as 3 goals were scored in quick succession. Captain Gingerbread opened the scoring only for Cuba to equalise 3 minutes later. Just a few minutes after that, STI were awarded a penalty, which The Stig hit too close to the keeper. Luckily, the rebound fell to Gingerbread who easily scored his second to restore the STI lead. In the second half, two injuries hit STI as Gingerbread twisted his ankle and Bobihno suffered a fractured arm. This took some of the attacking bite out of the team but it also gave Brendanio his chance, which he took as STI were awarded a second penalty and he made it 3-1.

Final Score: Cuba 1 Southern Treasure Islands 3

STI Ratings & Stats

Honduras v. Southern Treasure Islands

A few days later, STI faced Honduras in a match which carried great importance for both of our rival nations: an point for STI would secure their automatic qualification for the World Cup. NTI would be relying on their rivals to get a win to keep them in with a chance of catching Honduras. A goaless first half was followed by a second half in which Honduras started to get on top. STI were still looking dangerous on the break though and indeed it was a qucik counter attack which enabled Elliot Druce to put the Southerners ahead. For the first time, an STI goal was celebrated on the Northern Islands. Honduras were still coming forward and there was to be controversy at the end of the game as an uncharteristic slip by Maccaniniho presented Honduras with a late chance. That slip along with Reina's half-hearted attempt to stop the shot provoked accusations from the North of STI deliberately conceding an equaliser to end NTI's hopes. Accusations aside, the result meant STI had qualified and NTI's only remaining chance would be to win a play-off against one of the South American teams.

Final Score: Honduras 1 Southern Treasure Islands 1

STI Ratings & Stats

Jamaica v. Northern Treasure Islands

All the accusations about STI's defensive slip up was redundant anyway as NTI couldn't secure the win they needed against the Jamaicans. Despite having more of the ball and better chances, they were unable to score and a tense game finished goaless.

Final Score: Jamaica 0 Northern Treasure Islands 0

NTI Ratings & Stats

Congratulations to Southern Treasure Islands then who are on their way to South Africa in 2010! icon_biggrin.gif Northern Treasure Islands still have some work to do as they are just 3 points ahead of Jamaica with two games left.

Group Table (2 games left)

At present, Peru occupy the play-off spot in the South American group but that could all change as Ecuador and Chile are not far behind and a slip up from Colombia could see them fall back. Last round of matches is in October so all will be settled then.

Archived