Cove Bay Pirates/STI v. City Merchants/NTI - The Ultimate Rivalry - This Time It's For Real!!!

Who will win the Gold Cup?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Gold Cup?

• Northern Treasure Islands
    • Southern Treasure Islands
    • U.S.A.
    • Mexico
    • Other

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back crhealy. :thup: Just to fill you in, Craig Healy is currently at Man Utd (where he has been for the last 3 and a half seasons). Now 30 years old, he has amassed an impressive 125 caps for STI!

WCQ updates on the way. :thup:

Welcome back crhealy. :thup: Just to fill you in, Craig Healy is currently at Man Utd (where he has been for the last 3 and a half seasons). Now 30 years old, he has amasses an impressive 125 caps for STI!

Thanks mate good to see i'm going well & so are STI :thup:

Keep up the good work & can't wait for the next update

2018 WCQ, CONCACAF Zone, Final Phase

Matchday 8

The big match here was undoubtedly the NTI-STI clash in Capital City with both teams looking to grab a vital win. The game was very even with both sides creating chances and atacking strongly. The game was decided by a series of injury time goals. In first half stoppage time The Stig flicked on a corner for Captain Gingerbeard to head in. The second half was had plenty of action to and NTI started to throw eveything forward towards the end. They were vunerable to the counter attack however and STI took advantage in the 90th minute as David Sunderland played a killer ball out of defence to Wilkinson, who ran on to it and put the game beyond doubt. NTI rallied to pull one back straight from the restart as Ryca Roseau scored but it was not enough as STI grabbed a vital win leaving NTI far from assured of automatic qualification.

Results: NTI 1, STI 2 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Guatemala 0, Cuba 1

USA 2, Mexico 2

Matchday 9

With two games left, STI were already through and NTI were occupying the last automatic qualificaiton spot just 3 points ahead of USA. The Northerners could benefit from their Southern rivals doing them a favour as the were set to face the Americans but as NTI themselves were facing group whipping boys Guatemala, it wouldn't be necessary, would it? ;) NTI were to suffer a shock as Guatemala took a deserved early lead. Things started to look up however on the half hour as Robert Boyle got NTI back on level terms and minutes later news cam in that Captain Gingerbread had put STI in front against USA. NTI tried desperately to kill off the game but they couldn't. Nevertheless, with scores as they stood, NTI would qualify. That is until the 80th minute when an uncharacteristic slip from the STI defence allowed the Americans to equalise (;)) meaning NTI would still need to get a result from their last game in order to qualify. That game would be away to Mexico! :eek:

Results: Guatemala 1, NTI 1 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

USA 1, STI 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Mexico 7, Cuba 0

I'm amazed this is still running...

Back from military service then? :thup: I hope it all passed smoothly and you didn't suffer CSE withdrawl symptoms! :D

As promised Ben Cee is still active in the game. If you are still interested, I can give you a quick run down on how his career has progressed. :)

Back from military service then? :thup: I hope it all passed smoothly and you didn't suffer CSE withdrawl symptoms! :D

As promised Ben Cee is still active in the game. If you are still interested, I can give you a quick run down on how his career has progressed. :)

Aww. I'm honoured...

Yes I'm back. That's nice of you to keep me in the game. Yeah, I would like to know how Ben Cee has done. :D

No problem - here's a quick summary:

Ben Cee is now 31. He's been capped 84 times by NTI, scoring 4 goals in that time. He has featured in 4 Gold Cup tournaments icluding the victorious 2017 competition and played in the side that finished 4th at the 2014 World Cup

After his debut season at the Merchants (way back in 2007-8), he moved to Mouscron in Belgium, where he played one season before moving to Gimnastic in Spain for 775k. He spent two seasons there, helping the team get promoted to La Liga before a 14.5mil move to Newcastle in England. In 5 years at Newcastle (2011-16), he picked up a UEFA Cup medal and was named in the Premier League Team of the Seaon twice. In 2016, he moved to current club Ajax for 11mil and has one Dutch Premier title to his name so far.

He is still part of the overall Best XIs at Gimnastic and Newcastle as well for NTI.

Will he get another shot at the World Cup? That all depends on the final round of qualifiers - reports coming soon!

2018 WCQ, CONCACAF Zone, Final Phase

Matchday 10

STI, top of the group and already qualified, finished their campaign against rock bottom Guatemala. Determined to send a message to the rest of the world, they turned in a highly impressive 5-0 win to end on a high note and confirm their status as group winners. NTI had a much tougher day ahead of them as they took to the pitch in Mexico City knowing they could not afford to lose. It all started badly as Mexico took an early lead and news came that the Americans had done the same against Cuba. Ryca Roseau soon calmed NTI nerves a bit with an equaliser but the Northerners were to suffer a bit more in the second half as the USA opened up a 3 goal lead against Cuba and Mexico went 2-1 up. With the results as they stood, USA and NTI would be level on points and goal difference but the Americans would edge it by virtue of having scored 1 more goal. But cometh the hour, cometh the man as they say - Ryca Roseau was NTI's saviour as he scored a screamer from 25 yards to level the tie (more like cometh the 67th minute, cometh the man I guess :D). NTI then held on to that scoreline to keep ahead of the Americans by one point and make it to the World Cup!!

Results: STI 5, Guatemala 0 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Mexico 2, NTI 2 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Cuba 0, USA 3

Final Table - both nations will be in Russia next summer then. STI will fancy their chances and NTI will be out to prove that it doesn't matter how you get there (with only two points from the last 4 games! :eek:), just that you got there!

Friendly results and the World Cup 1st Round draw coming up later tonight! :thup:

International Update - November 2017 Friendlies

Both sides of the Islands rounded off their years with a pair of friendlies. results were as follows:

British Virgin Isles 0, STI 2 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Mexico 2, STI 0 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

2 more goals for the goalscoring machine that is Bobinho but STI will surely be disappointed by defeat at the hands of the Mexicans for the third time this year.

Honduras 2, NTI 2 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

NTI 2, UAE 2 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

No embarassing defeats but I'm sure NTI would have expected to win both of those matches.

World Cup 2018 - Group Stage Draw

This just in - in a ceremony in Red Square, Moscow, various lumniaries from FIFA and the footballing world have just participated in the draw next summer's World Cup. Both Treasure Island nations were in the hat for the draw and were placed into the following groups:

Group B

France

Nigeria

Switzerland

Southern Treasure Islands

STI should be confident of qualifying from that group with France the only nation likely to provide a tough test.

Group H

Northern Treasure Islands

Czech Republic

Brazil

Saudi Arabia

Déja vu for NTI then as they are drawn with the Czechs and the Saudis for the second tournament in a row. The only difference this time is that instead of Argentina, they get Brazil!

Full Draw

Groups A-D | Groups E-H

Good draw for STI as we should beat the Swiss and Nigerians and the game against France will hopefully only be there to decide who goes through in top spot.

Good to see Brendanio getting some quality gametime although I would have liked to get at least one goal in the last few games. Maybe I'm saving up for the World Cup.

January 2018 - Mini Update

There were a couple of transfers to report on from the January sales:

• Ryca Roseau caught the attention of a few clubs with his WCQ performances and decided to dump Championship Newcastle for Dutch champions Ajax in a 22.5mil move. There, he will hook up with fellow NTIers Ben Cee and Robert Boyle - perhaps a chance to convince the NTI boss that the Boyle-Roseau partnership is the way to go. ;)
  • Mikey Twigge left Brescia after 2 and a half years there to join Spanish and European Champions Zaragoza in a 16.5mil move. :thup:
  • Gus Crazy has 6 months left on his contract with Cove Bay and has decided to walk out in the summer and head to Barcelona for free.

DD can you give me a summary of bob mcbob?

Sure. McBob is still an Arsenal player (in his 6th season there now). In his time there, he's picked up two Premier League medals and played in two Champions League finals (lost both). He currently has 110 caps for NTI but missed last year's Gold Cup glory due to a cruciate ligament injury. If all goes well, he should be at the next World Cup though.

Sure. McBob is still an Arsenal player (in his 6th season there now). In his time there, he's picked up two Premier League medals and played in two Champions League finals (lost both). He currently has 110 caps for NTI but missed last year's Gold Cup glory due to a cruciate ligament injury. If all goes well, he should be at the next World Cup though.

cool thanks he is at a great club:thup:

Can i just confirm that Gonzalez is at Newcastle who are in the championship??

Its so hard to keep up some times lol, thanks

That is indeed right - actually, Newcastle have a very interesting and unique set of achievements this season but you'll have to wait for the end of season update to find out exactly what. ;)

Guest mikeytwigge
I'll take a guess and say that Newcastle won the Championship, FA Cup and UEFA Cup. I don't even know if they were in the UEFA Cup but it can't hurt to take a guess.

same as this guy except they won the league cup and the community shield to

Archived