I'M a grown 28yo man

my gf has no problem with me playing it at all, she thinks its a little sad but she understands that since my op its the closest thing i get to playing for 18 months,

however since ive been well enough to start coaching again, shes becoming less understanding..all the same thing to her apprently...maybe time for another op

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sex should always be set to default

oh, and be careful with creative freedom.....excpecially on a wet pitch. A direct approach should be preferred, possibly try some ppm's. curves ball is always a fans favourite around here..

on a more rough surface i would suggest you try to pump it into the box right from the go. get balls forward to the goalmouth, and smack her crossbar till the crowd gets their moneys worth.

final advice will have to be pick ur missus wisely. Too much flair and you won't be walking for weeks, let alone talk about it. you don't want to play it rigid only to find her flairy fingers breaking ur offside trap, or marked as an easily penetrated d-line!

With a wife and a son and a responsible job, and yet here I lay in bed in the dark obsessing and fuming over the fact that in a video game I have just been beaten by an opposition I believe to be inferior. A game, ffs and I literally can't sleep cause I'm so annoyed.

My wife is right, I'm a sad ****er. :(

NEWCASTLE ffs!!!! Grrrr

Tell me I'm not the only saddo out there who can let this game affect their evening.

Look mate, it's not sad to do something you enjoy a lot. It's just like watching TV a lot, it's not sad.

27 years old been playing since cm2 way back in 96 on the amiga, so over half my life ive been playing this great game, im also married for 6 years (been with her for 9) with 3 kids my wife knows full well that I love the game, so while she watches the soaps I can play fm to my hearts content, at the moment she tends to go to bed early (half 9) as well as our youngest is only 4 months old so I can literally play fm from about 8 through till when I go to bed mon-thu, and yesterday I had an unexpected operation on my knee that is going to keep me out off work for at least 2 weeks every cloud eh :)

I spend an hour drawing up derby tactics, and tell the press I'm pretty sure we're going to win. The Cerrito manager is complaining about our pitch, which is in terrible condition — he says his players are in danger. I call my guy at the Montevideo Football Times and tell him my counterpart should worry about his tactics, not the grass. In the locker room, I tell my guys to win one for the fans. Before I know it, the whistle blows. It's a cold day in Uruguay, except that it isn't, and rain is lashing down on the pitch, except that there is no pitch, and the soccer team I'm coaching, whose players don't exist, has just given up a goal to go down 3-0 to their hated rival, whose players also don't exist, and my heart is racing, and the curse words I'm uttering are purely and wonderfully real.

quoted from this great article

http://deadspin.com/#!5707443/the-unreal-genius-of-football-manager-greatest-video-game-ever

Really doesn't get any better - I'm knocking on 50 and I'm the same.

The solution is to put your missus on the right training schedule. For me it's

Soaps - normal

Sex - normal

Movies - high

Chat - minimum

Sims - high

Keeps her sweet and leaves me in peace with my FM campaign.

Bloody brilliant!

Still only 20 here and just read the whole thread, think what I will look for in a girl has changed, got to look for long term traits and hidden personality attributes, a high 'dirtiness' stat wouldn't go a miss ;) coupled with low 'temperament' and high 'fitness' might give myself a fighting chance. Because there's no way any amount of nagging will stop me from playing FM.

used to hate how my ex would say "how can you play that, its not real...you don't even control the players!!"

used to drive me nuts so it did..but then maybe thats why she's my ex lol.

Archived