[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are aware you can set all of these before the match through the 'tactics' option under your club? - that said I think yours is a valid request and its something I will be looking into for a future update.

I really don't like the sound of this, it is a simple thing to change especially if you save your teams and tactics. This will just slow the game down if when I click "go to match" I then have to click something else to modify tactics. This is touching on that fine line that makes iPhone game really easy and quick to play like the good old champ man. If you add things like this your making more like the pc version. Just my opinion

• SI Staff
I really don't like the sound of this, it is a simple thing to change especially if you save your teams and tactics. This will just slow the game down if when I click "go to match" I then have to click something else to modify tactics. This is touching on that fine line that makes iPhone game really easy and quick to play like the good old champ man. If you add things like this your making more like the pc version. Just my opinion

I wasn't meaning forcing you to go through the 'tactics' before the match - the part I'll try and integrate (which I think I've mentioned before) is allowing people to view a players preferred roles and playing ability by position in the match.

I'll also try and make the 'tactical' options 'closer' to the squad page (possibly via. the links menu?) in a future version so its easier for people who want to do changes then .... without making it more long winded for those that don't.

(sorry if I was unclear on that)

Hey Marc, I haven't read through the posts since the most recent update but here's something nitpicky that I have noticed:

As the game progresses, the UILabel--I assume this is what you're using--that lists results is slightly too small vertically, frequently cutting off letters with tails, like g, j, p, q, and y. I tried to screencap it, but the game moves so quickly (a good complaint to have!) and of course it doesn't happen when it just displays "Processing". I promise you, though, that I have seen this and I'm not crazy! I've especially noticed this since getting an iPad 2 and playing at 2x resolution.

Anyway, here's the screencap that I managed so that you can add a few pixels to its height (I mean label with white text, btw)

photo2vk.jpg

• SI Staff

Thats a fair and valid comment - I 'think' I might have corrected the positioning of that text clipping on the next update which will be forthcoming, I'll check later on and if it isn't we'll catch it in the next update.

(as I suppose from the UILabel reference you're a developer it might interest you to know that the game doesn't use UILabels btw, we render a custom UI onto an OpenGL buffer, this allows us to share the codebase for FMH between disparate platforms such as iDevices, PSP ... and possibly more one day? :D)

PS - I'm jealous ... I haven't got my mitts on an iPad2 yet ... although my iPad one is pretty darn funky imho :D

Is Taras*Stepanenko on the game at all I love shaktar and there players so because I can't manage them I want to buy there team. Do you think they will ever be on the game to manage?

Guest Gautam13

Hey I just got an iPad2 and realised its absolutely perfect for fm! Any chance of at least a high-resolution ipad version of fmhi anytime in the near future ??

• SI Staff
I would like a 'A you sure you want to overwrite this savegame?' popup when saving games. I just managed to save over another game, losing 10 seasons.

Sorry to hear that - I'll see what I can do.

Also, how about being able to delete savegames?

I avoided putting this in for two reasons:

(1) I can foresee people accidentally deleting a game and being upset (similar to what you unfortunately did with saving over a game).

(2) The saves are very small (3.5mb) due to heavy compression so don't waste much space.

PS - You can delete them by removing them via. itunes btw if you really want to.

Thats a fair and valid comment - I 'think' I might have corrected the positioning of that text clipping on the next update which will be forthcoming, I'll check later on and if it isn't we'll catch it in the next update.

Hey Marc, I just realized I'm an idiot: I was referencing the top label that shows the date (guess it isn't really; very clever solution!), not the second. Either way, a fix would definitely appeal to the anal designer in me! ;)

As a few others have mentioned iPad 2 I'll just add that the new CPU really makes a noticeable difference when processing. It runs at a decent speed on the iPad 1, but now it really crunches through a some lick. For me, sorting out formations and tactics onto one main, home screen, is the thing i'd like to see most from a UI perspective. The saving of squads and tactics together doesn't really work because of injuries and suspensions. You end up having to load your formation, find players are out, or have been superceded, change them around, set up new profiles and then save the custom formation/tactic again, having to re-enter the name again instead of simply replacing the existing one.

I did mention it long time ago, but it seems that it is not changed. Please raise attandance figures for the Champions League Final. It is not possible to see figures of 27000 and 30000 spectators.

I would like a 'A you sure you want to overwrite this savegame?' popup when saving games. I just managed to save over another game, losing 10 seasons.

Also, how about being able to delete savegames?

YES! Absolutley, this is a must imho. I just did the same as you, can't right angry aswell. Then realised I had the save game on my PC. Losing about a months progress though. Marc, this is a must.

Thanks for making this game avalable on the iOS platform. Love the game. i have the FM 10 and FM11 with me. But just today i thought of a great tweak for the game. i would love to see us moving around players in custom formations in the team line up screen (formation-view). cause the biggest problem in PC or the consoles is that it is difficult to change player positions for correct accuracy. whereas with the iphone, because of its touch screen its more possible and easier, and it really helps while making substitutions without changing the overall team formation, by just moving a couple of players around the field to get a balance formation.

Would love to hear about any future possibilities or reasons why it would not incorporate in the game.

THanks and Regards

Owais

email: mir.owais@gmail.com

Ive not read all of this thread, So sorry if this has been metioned before....

I would like to see more managerial history, like looking back at previous clubs youve managed etc. Hopefully this is small request and doesnt take much code, i'd very much like to see this in the next update.

YES! Absolutley, this is a must imho. I just did the same as you, can't right angry aswell. Then realised I had the save game on my PC. Losing about a months progress though. Marc, this is a must.

Goto preferences -> view -> user interface -> change 'confirme required' to 'yes' and you will need to choose a save game slot AND THEN click the confirm button. Anything more than this is too much IMHO.

Goto preferences -> view -> user interface -> change 'confirme required' to 'yes' and you will need to choose a save game slot AND THEN click the confirm button. Anything more than this is too much IMHO.

I know how to save a game. And you don't have to do what you said about confirming it.

Marc, can we have better manager attributes for human managers? Like the AI managers have with ambition, outfield, youth etc.? It would be better that way.

I know how to save a game. And you don't have to do what you said about confirming it.

Marc, can we have better manager attributes for human managers? Like the AI managers have with ambition, outfield, youth etc.? It would be better that way.

Problem. How does my iPod know how ambitious I am?

You do if you turn on 'confirm required' in preferences like I said. That way it always makes you click the confirm button after choosing a save game slot. Which basically fore-fills the feature requirement that is being asked for.

You do if you turn on 'confirm required' in preferences like I said. That way it always makes you click the confirm button after choosing a save game slot. Which basically fore-fills the feature requirement that is being asked for.

No. When you go to save a game you HAVE to click confirm for it to save. Even without confirm required switched on.

What i'd like to see is this;

When you leave a player out of a national team squad. A news item to reveal that the player is upset or angry. I.e. I'm constantly leaving Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard out of the team, i'd suspect Cole to whinge and moan about it since Kieran Gibbs and Leighton Baines are getting into the team instead.

No. When you go to save a game you HAVE to click confirm for it to save. Even without confirm required switched on.

Right ok fair enough. I always have the confirm on so I don't really know. So why do you want another confirm if there is already one there? If you're going to ignore the one that is there what's to stop you ignore another one?

I do know what you mean though as I've saved over a couple of games accidentally recently. I just don't think having a Vista-like "are you sure? Are you REALLY sure? But are you REALLY REALLY sure?" is going to make much difference. It's just going to be annoying.

Right ok fair enough. I always have the confirm on so I don't really know. So why do you want another confirm if there is already one there? If you're going to ignore the one that is there what's to stop you ignore another one?

I do know what you mean though as I've saved over a couple of games accidentally recently. I just don't think having a Vista-like "are you sure? Are you REALLY sure? But are you REALLY REALLY sure?" is going to make much difference. It's just going to be annoying.

Instead of having to click confirm maybe it could have a dialogue box come up and say "Are you sure you would like to overite (save game1) any progress will be lost?)" Instead of clicking confirm as I tend to go to quick and accidentley click it.

I agree 100%.

Is it possible to add a nationality search to the player search section. My main reason for this is I like being Bilbao but it's a nightmare trying to search for basque players.

Is it possible to add a nationality search to the player search section. My main reason for this is I like being Bilbao but it's a nightmare trying to search for basque players.

When managing Bilbao, if you set the 'Only Interested Players' filter to yes (it should be set to yes by default) in Player search, that will set the player search to filter out only Basque players while still working as a filter to include only players that would be appropiately interested in signing for the club.

I would really really really like to see a solution to the problem with the German national team. Is it really not possible to have any players there at all? Not even regens?

Also, the "Enquiry" option when buying a player does not seem very useful. Pretty much always when trying to buy any decent player who's not transfer listed I get the "not interested in selling the player" reply, but then when I start offering money, they still end up accepting. If they're going to accept 20m for their 8m valued player, I think they should at least come with some sort of offer for my enquiry.

• SI Staff
Why can grey players play but not regens? Neither exists in real life.

I presume the reasoning is that a regen could be mistaken for a 'real player' from the database whereas a 'virtual/grey' player is distinct from other players in the database and thus can't be misleading.

(but please bear in mind I'm not a lawyer - just a humble developer me and as such just guessing .... all such stuff is handled and decided by far wiser people than myself)

Please could we have:

1/. A 4-3-1-2 formation (3 mcs and an AMC)

2/. The ability to delay transfers for a week, and

3/. Some form of transfer centre (or failing that a filter in the shortlist) where we can see a list of outstanding transfer offers

Unbelievable how much depth there is in this version for a phone game! I remember when the new version of snake came out on the old Nokia's and that seemed advanced!!

• 2 weeks later...
Not really. Because I know what I am talking about where as he didn't.

I don't think any of us are confused as to why the German national team is in not in the game. This has been discussed countless times over the years with regards to the desktop version of the game. On the desktop version SI has chosen to make it very easy for players to fix this themselves, you just edit a file and it's done. AFAIK it currently seems as though there's no way to get any players (other than grey ones) in the German national team on FMHi. You might not care about this, but in my opinion finding a solution to this should be a priority.

Anyway, here's another thing:

In my opinion there needs to be more players in foreign clubs.

Currently, I am playing as Leeds in the Premier League, year 2020. Shakhtar has only a handful of old players who never got picked up by other clubs (no newgens), in Brazil there is a grand total of 16 players, in Argentina 13. Meanwhile, all Blue Square clubs have somewhere between 20 and 30 players each.

I understand that the total number of players in the database is limited by the supported devices' RAM and processing power, and that all English clubs need players because the player can choose to manage them, however I would like to see the players spread out a bit more. If I'm playing in the EPL, it's not likely that I care that much about the teams in BSP. If you would lower the number of players there by only a few per team, that would still have very notable increases on the number of players in other countries, especially the larger clubs.

On my game I have four leagues loaded. So when I sold a player when I was managing genk there was also a sell on clause, but when I got offered the arsenal job I took it but a few month down the line I get a message saying arsenal have getting some money for the sell on of the player from genk. Is this a known fault?

One idea I would like to see is a graphic of the town where the club is based that you are the manager of. Ideally, I'd like to see your stadium and the town as well. Or in the case of London teams, a photo of the area where the club is based. Then, when you go and manage clubs, especially overseas, you get much more of a feel of the place. Even some information about the town etc. It would hardly strain the memory requirements of the game and a couple of meg on the file download won't kill anyone.

Any leagues run in the background (the second section of leagues chosen), will only have the top division active. This means that only clubs from the Premier Division would be manageable with England as a background league, for example. It's most likely that a club just promoted to one of the background leagues would offer you the job so make sure you apply for that sort of club. They will usually be vacant in mid-June.

thanks for the reply David. i have now completed another couple of seasons on that game and started another one with the dutch league active. i have won everything there is to win with two a-league clubs over 5 seasons and no team in europe will hire me. i have applied for every job that comes up. should this be the case? it is a bit frustrating to have a careeer mode that doesn't work if you start managing in australia.

• SI Staff

You should be able to land a position with a minor club in another league if you're performing well - it should also be possible to get an international job which would further increase your chance of moving to a major league.

You should be able to land a position with a minor club in another league if you're performing well - it should also be possible to get an international job which would further increase your chance of moving to a major league.

Hi Marc - seems this is a bit ongoing. The list of small clubs that have turned down my job request is long and in some cases very undistinguished. My manager points are over the 2000 mark (not that high but seemingly ok for an A-league manager). My dreams of managing in the a-league and then going on to world domination before returning to see out my career in Australia are withering on the vine. i haven't been ale to get an international job either. i did think a bit of success with a national team would improve my value as well.

• SI Staff

Would you mind forwarding me on your save game - then I can test any tweaks I make to this area using it which would be very useful (marc.vaughan@sigames.com).

Archived