The sexy very much tactic patch 11.2

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been following this one with interest to see if it does as well as Mr. Hough's (comparisons are inevitable really!)

I tried this (the second tactic named "The Sexiest") with my Barcelona test save that I run high-offence tactics on. There's a huge glaring problem with this tactic in that the gap between midfield and defence is absolutely huge!

When one of the MC's gives away the ball, the opposition can have a four on four situation nearly all the time, resulting in frantic defending. Adding to this problem is the fact the midfield duo in the middle often exchange short passes but are too close to eachother to gain a bit of space in which to work, so misplaced passes - even with the highest quality players - do happen on a semi-regular basis.

Going forward, it's varied and nice to watch, with the AMC acting as a second forward and arriving late in the box, and the wide players bombing on the outside. The striker makes intelligent runs in to space which I found nice too. But because of the defensive frailties you often find yourself conceding two or three a game, even if you score two or three yourself. Also, too often you will find the ball pumped forward to your striker, and he has to act as a holder for the ball for a good three or four seconds before he gets support, often leading to lost possession.

Upon testing, I won 4, drew 1 and lost 5 with Barcelona, which are obviously discouraging results, but I can see how the tactic when bedded in to a top class side could do well, but I couldn't really recommend it to anyone else. Naturally, I'd probably need to run it for more than 10 games to be definitive about this, but I can't see the defensive problems going away any time soon.

Been following this one with interest to see if it does as well as Mr. Hough's (comparisons are inevitable really!)

I tried this (the second tactic named "The Sexiest") with my Barcelona test save that I run high-offence tactics on. There's a huge glaring problem with this tactic in that the gap between midfield and defence is absolutely huge!

When one of the MC's gives away the ball, the opposition can have a four on four situation nearly all the time, resulting in frantic defending. Adding to this problem is the fact the midfield duo in the middle often exchange short passes but are too close to eachother to gain a bit of space in which to work, so misplaced passes - even with the highest quality players - do happen on a semi-regular basis.

Going forward, it's varied and nice to watch, with the AMC acting as a second forward and arriving late in the box, and the wide players bombing on the outside. The striker makes intelligent runs in to space which I found nice too. But because of the defensive frailties you often find yourself conceding two or three a game, even if you score two or three yourself. Also, too often you will find the ball pumped forward to your striker, and he has to act as a holder for the ball for a good three or four seconds before he gets support, often leading to lost possession.

Upon testing, I won 4, drew 1 and lost 5 with Barcelona, which are obviously discouraging results, but I can see how the tactic when bedded in to a top class side could do well, but I couldn't really recommend it to anyone else. Naturally, I'd probably need to run it for more than 10 games to be definitive about this, but I can't see the defensive problems going away any time soon.

have you tried the latest tactic (hard sex)

im about to trial it myself

but I couldn't really recommend it to anyone else. Naturally, I'd probably need to run it for more than 10 games to be definitive about this, but I can't see the defensive problems going away any time soon.

No offense tubey but i can't help thinking (especially with Barcelona) it's partly due to your inadequete management, the tactic is just one aspect of the FM Goodness.

fixtw.jpg

Results with Really Sexy Tactic

This is a public forum for tactical discussion, and you post that exact same thing each time. He has already stated he does not use OI or any special match preparation on any of his tactics. You should read the thread before posting.

Uh Oh. If this tactic is called hard sex it certainly seems for me that my Newcastle side are on the receiving end of the hard sex. Especially away from home where we've just been played off the pitch by birmingham and stoke. Every goal we scored they score 2 more. I don't know how the hell betis managed to win the league with birmingham judging by the way it's going for me. He must have came into some money and hired assassins to threaten the other teams into losing or something.

I'll contine to try it for a while.

Betis. You're claiming that you were able to beat Chelsea home and away with this hard sex tactic as birmingham? That's strange because I've just been absolutely raped by chelsea at home 3 nil.

This game is just too frustrating to play. I may put it back on the shelf and get back to real life. Perhaps it's a good thing that the tactic doesn't work for me so much in that sense.

No offense tubey but i can't help thinking (especially with Barcelona) it's partly due to your inadequete management, the tactic is just one aspect of the FM Goodness.

fixtw.jpg

Results with Really Sexy Tactic

No offence to you mate, but I clear stated that I tested "The Sexiest" tactic. Also, I've won 2 League Cups, 1 FA Cup, reached the Champions League Semi Final and won the league twice in three seasons with Everton, and played the game for well over a decade and written guides on the game.

I'm not randomly slating the tactic, I'm giving constructive feedback on a tactics discussion forum.

I'll test the Really Sexy Tactic (top marks for the names of these tactics by the way!) but in my opinion "The Sexiest" has too many holes in it to be recommended as it stands.

http://www.filefront.com/17675589/really_sexy.tac

That tactic, right there, is perfect. You should actually delete the others as that one is spot on. I only had to test it for one game and look at the set up to know it.

Your usage of the AMC in this formation is absolutely fantastic as you've got him to bomb on through the middle of the two strikers when the chance allows, which is really difficult to achieve. He actually drops back to form a midfield three, and runs from deep - a very good understanding of what "Run From Deep" does in the ME.

Impressed with the disciplined use of the full backs to hit the channels for the two strikers to run on to and act as surrogate wingers.

It's actually worth downloading this one just to see the set up and the interlinking of players in various positions. Well done!

http://www.filefront.com/17675589/really_sexy.tac

That tactic, right there, is perfect. You should actually delete the others as that one is spot on. I only had to test it for one game and look at the set up to know it.

Your usage of the AMC in this formation is absolutely fantastic as you've got him to bomb on through the middle of the two strikers when the chance allows, which is really difficult to achieve. He actually drops back to form a midfield three, and runs from deep - a very good understanding of what "Run From Deep" does in the ME.

Impressed with the disciplined use of the full backs to hit the channels for the two strikers to run on to and act as surrogate wingers.

It's actually worth downloading this one just to see the set up and the interlinking of players in various positions. Well done!

You change the tactic?

hi Betis,..

In the OP I saw there got 3 tactics:

1. the sexy very much 11.2 --> the first successful tactic

2. really sexy --> the tactic which will work for most of the teams

3. sexiest --> ?? what is it for? :)

thanks for the feedback..

hi Betis,..

In the OP I saw there got 3 tactics:

1. the sexy very much 11.2 --> the first successful tactic

2. really sexy --> the tactic which will work for most of the teams

3. sexiest --> ?? what is it for? :)

thanks for the feedback..

i dont know what is it for... :)) for your team ...try it... and u have the newest one calling hard sex tac. its not in the opening post.

Tubey . thanks for great feedback. i love it. maybe u can try to do some tweaks and release the tactic . i would love to see how it will work . thanks.

Hello, im playing as Sunderland and Im using the Sexiest tactic. Its been working quite well, im now number 4 in the PL(half way through), ive only signed Kadlec. It is the most attacking tactic ive ever played with (who succed with the attack), but it is not very solid, lost against Liverpool with 7-0 and ive won at least 5 games with 4-3. I dont think its my defenders, couse they are pretty good, but is there anyway i can prevent the conceding? Sorry if my english is bad.. But overall the best tactic ive ever played with :D thanks betis!!

No offence to you mate, but I clear stated that I tested "The Sexiest" tactic. Also, I've won 2 League Cups, 1 FA Cup, reached the Champions League Semi Final and won the league twice in three seasons with Everton, and played the game for well over a decade and written guides on the game.

I'm not randomly slating the tactic, I'm giving constructive feedback on a tactics discussion forum.

I'll test the Really Sexy Tactic (top marks for the names of these tactics by the way!) but in my opinion "The Sexiest" has too many holes in it to be recommended as it stands.

My bad i didn't mean to cause offence. Got my wires crossed i thought you was referring to the Really Sexy Tactic! I fully agree the tactic is absoultey amazing! Have you Tried Hard Sex (the tactic that is), my observation of hard sex is it seems to have well too many long shots but i dominate games with ease, make less CCC but seem to score more and be rock solid at the back. My results so far after using Hard Sex instead of Really Sexy Tactic are:-

Played 7 Won 7 Drew 0 Lost 0 Scored 20 Conceeded 2 GD 18

I'd give that one a try you will see the long shot problem but it just works its the only way i can describe it.

i dont know what is it for... :)) for your team ...try it... and u have the newest one calling hard sex tac. its not in the opening post.

Tubey . thanks for great feedback. i love it. maybe u can try to do some tweaks and release the tactic . i would love to see how it will work . thanks.

I wouldn't tweak the Really Sexy tactic at all. It can result in teams countering you by playing deep, absorbing and pushing the boat out when they get the chance, but that's the case with any attacking tactic. For what it is, it's perfect.

And I wouldn't bother trying to tweak the Sexiest one for a similar reason - offensively very good, but shocking defensively ^^ I don't think it can be fixed without dropping the wide players back considerably and making it basically a 4-4-1-1.

I admire your work to be honest - Mr. Hough had an all-but monopoly on intelligently built tactics in FM10 so it's good to see another guy on the boards doing similar work.

My bad i didn't mean to cause offence. Got my wires crossed i thought you was referring to the Really Sexy Tactic! I fully agree the tactic is absoultey amazing! Have you Tried Hard Sex (the tactic that is), my observation of hard sex is it seems to have well too many long shots but i dominate games with ease, make less CCC but seem to score more and be rock solid at the back. My results so far after using Hard Sex instead of Really Sexy Tactic are:-

Played 7 Won 7 Drew 0 Lost 0 Scored 20 Conceeded 2 GD 18

I'd give that one a try you will see the long shot problem but it just works its the only way i can describe it.

Will give it a look!

The "Hard Sex" Tactic by Betis - Analysis

I thought I'd give proper feedback on this one with images to show what I'm saying.

The Formation

"Hard Sex" is a 4-3-1-2 narrow formation that in effect transitions becomes a variant of the 4-4-2 diamond when on the attack due to the movement of the "wider" central players as well as support play on the overlap from the full-backs. It is an attacking formation, relying heavily on pushing the opposition back, forcing hurried clearances and mopping up any counter attack with a defensive minded central midfielder.

Positives

Undoubtedly the main strength of "Hard Sex" is in the attacking movement and options it provides in the final third of the pitch. Both strikers are instructed to roam into the channels between the opposition full-backs and their central defenders. The right sided striker is a cross between a Deep Lying Forward and an Advanced Forward in that he holds up the ball but often does so in wider areas, rather than dropping into the hole between defence and midfield to receive the ball.

The effect of this is to pull defenders away from the middle of the pitch to create space for support players to attack the stretched defence and receive passes and crosses. The more traditional Advanced Forward on the left does the same thing, but is more likely to drive to the byline and pull the ball back than his partner, and is also more likely to run in directly on goal.

strength1.jpg

In the image above, you can clearly see that the striker has collected the ball in a wider area than you'd expect. This is due to direct passing into the channel area and the absence of a traditional winger, meaning the team are not feeding balls wide to be ran onto - rather, they are relying on both strikers playing with their backs to goal and bringing the ball back to the centre area to support players.

The image above also shows the "pulling" of the defence to different sides of the pitch, with all four defenders on the right side of the penalty spot. The support players (strike partner is the green arrow, the AMC is blue) are therefore free to overrun the confused and stretched defence in the centre areas, often resulting to chances on goal.

strength2.jpg

Whilst the tactic relies heavily on goals from the strikers, the goalscoring threat of the AMC is intelligently designed due to both strikers running into the channels. In the above screenshot, both strikers have taken the attention of all four defenders, leaving a hole in the centre of defence for the AMC to exploit by running in from deep. Usually, at least two players, more often three, are flooding the box when one of your strikers takes the ball into a channel.

strength3.jpg

With traditional wide players not being used, it is the job of the full backs to play a supporting role for the strikers. They offer a backwards option for the strikers when they've hit the byline and aren't in a position to cross, as well as providing a simple outlet ball for the central players.

In the analysis of the left back above, you see a high percentage of completed passes at short distance, with a reluctance to cross the ball. This is because the full backs take the simple option time and time again, passing infield to a player in space and not wasting the ball with a cross - the team relies on intricate passing and overlaps to create chances, not balls into the back post.

Defensively, the tactic isn't shabby at all. The centre-halves play a simplistic game, and there's symmetry throughout the tactic. The defensive midfielder is ultra defensive, and drops in the hole to pick up attacking players, clears long goal kicks with a header etc. There's few "silly" goals conceded as the defensive unit is predictable and everything is done simple.

Negatives

There's very few negatives to speak of. If you have the right kind of players for this tactic, you'll do well. What I would emphasise is that you need a large amount of pace from top to bottom (the MCr and MCl can possibly get away with average pace, but need excellent distribution.) Fast strikers are a must in order to beat opposition defenders to balls sent their way, but more important is the need for quick defenders.

weakness1.jpg

Jagielka and Heitinga at centre-half and full-back respectively are exposed here for pace by a striker running in behind. This is natural given that the formation utilises an All Out Attack philosophy, alongside full-backs that often dive down the flanks to support a striker in possession, so you need to make sure that on the occasion this does happen you have players able to recover quickly. Thankfully, because the tactic relies on short passing, as long as you have a fairly technically gifted midfield you shouldn't lose possession too often in deep areas of the pitch, meaning that the opposition cannot get players forward quick enough to support the attack and you often only find yourself with a lone striker to deal with.

The only other weakness that I can tell you of is that the set-pieces that come "pre-packaged" with this aren't ideal. The corners inparticular need work, both offensively and defensively (players marking posts and having a player attack the far post and aim there to be specific).

Overall

This is brilliantly developed. The football is entertaining, goals always seem to be on the way and you rarely feel in danger of conceding a goal. Strangely, you're more likely to struggle against weaker teams than good ones, as they will pack players behind the ball, hassle you and prevent the ability to pull defenders away from positions as there's always cover. You WILL therefore have the odd game when you have 25 shots and struggle to score. You may want to have a more controlled tactic on standby for these occasions.

It's shame to see narrow formations ruling the roost again in FM11 as in FM10, but this is a very well designed one - probably the purest "plug and play" tactic on the SI boards at the moment.

I have just finished a complete season with my tweaked version of Betis Sexiest tactic. After messing around in some old saves trying to find the right balence between attack and defence i was as happy as I could be with the slight tweaks I made. I didn't want to lose any of the attacking flair whilst trying to be ok at the back.

I decided to us Tottenham because they had players that could fill the roles required and i didn't have to spend time buying players. I think the true test of a tactic is using it in the first season with out making many tranfers. As soon as you buy lots of quality it becomes hard to determine if its the tactic or the players that are working wonders. Having said this I did buy one player, Eden Hazard. The reason being he could fill 3-4 positions if my first team picked up injuries.

Tottenham are in my opinion the 6th best team in the Premier League behind Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City and although a good team I think winning the league would be a good achievement.

So after playing a whole season what happened? I won the trebble.

Won the league Pld38 Won 29 Drew7 and lost 2. Goals for 95 Goals against 28

I beat Man U home and away, Chelsea home and away, Arsenal home and away. Against liverpool and Man City I won home and drew away. Lost against West Ham and Wigan both scored 90th minute goals in a game a dominated.

Won the League cup against Chelsea in the final.

Won the Champions league 3-0 against Chelsea again.

FA cup i lost to West Ham in 5th round playing my reserves.

So what minor tweaks did I make.

Compleely changed the corner defence setup.

Changed to a more covering centre back.

Changed all marking to zonal apart from full backs

Changed centre midfield. Its difficult to rain the 2 CM's in because of the team settings but slashed their mentality and creativity

Used by AMC to crete aswell as score with TB's often.

Just a few tweaks that I saw improve my team.

Note. I did not use any OI's and I never attend press conference. Match prep was left on team blend untill everything was full then put on Defensive posioning.

I have know doubt results could be improved with more care and attention given to the above and signing some quality players but i just wanted to blast through a whole year with the current squad to see what could be won.

I think this tactic over achieved.

I dont understand how you guys are getting such good results?

I am using this tactic with Internazionale and am getting poor results. Pre season was good with 4 big wins against poor smaller teams.

However now the season has started i am either drawing games or losing 1-0. At the end of every game i always get the press saying "Inter unlucky to lose" etc.

Could someone shed some light onto what i may be doing wrong?

EDIT: Im using the 'hard sex' tactic.

Thanks,

Chris

I have just finished a complete season with my tweaked version of Betis Sexiest tactic. After messing around in some old saves trying to find the right balence between attack and defence i was as happy as I could be with the slight tweaks I made. I didn't want to lose any of the attacking flair whilst trying to be ok at the back.

I decided to us Tottenham because they had players that could fill the roles required and i didn't have to spend time buying players. I think the true test of a tactic is using it in the first season with out making many tranfers. As soon as you buy lots of quality it becomes hard to determine if its the tactic or the players that are working wonders. Having said this I did buy one player, Eden Hazard. The reason being he could fill 3-4 positions if my first team picked up injuries.

Tottenham are in my opinion the 6th best team in the Premier League behind Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City and although a good team I think winning the league would be a good achievement.

So after playing a whole season what happened? I won the trebble.

Won the league Pld38 Won 29 Drew7 and lost 2. Goals for 95 Goals against 28

I beat Man U home and away, Chelsea home and away, Arsenal home and away. Against liverpool and Man City I won home and drew away. Lost against West Ham and Wigan both scored 90th minute goals in a game a dominated.

Won the League cup against Chelsea in the final.

Won the Champions league 3-0 against Chelsea again.

FA cup i lost to West Ham in 5th round playing my reserves.

So what minor tweaks did I make.

Compleely changed the corner defence setup.

Changed to a more covering centre back.

Changed all marking to zonal apart from full backs

Changed centre midfield. Its difficult to rain the 2 CM's in because of the team settings but slashed their mentality and creativity

Used by AMC to crete aswell as score with TB's often.

Just a few tweaks that I saw improve my team.

Note. I did not use any OI's and I never attend press conference. Match prep was left on team blend untill everything was full then put on Defensive posioning.

I have know doubt results could be improved with more care and attention given to the above and signing some quality players but i just wanted to blast through a whole year with the current squad to see what could be won.

I think this tactic over achieved.

Any Chance you can upload the tattics with your twicks ???

If you're "unlucky to lose" it probably means that you're dominating games but not scoring goals. Maybe your strikers are old and ineffectual? :p

Not precisely - it's because the opposition are dropping deep and you need to coax them out of their own half and exploit the space.

You need to use another tactic against sides that do this. You can usually tell if they're "turtling" within 30 minutes of the game.

For any other occasion, the Hard Sex tactic is fine.

Not precisely - it's because the opposition are dropping deep and you need to coax them out of their own half and exploit the space.

You need to use another tactic against sides that do this. You can usually tell if they're "turtling" within 30 minutes of the game.

For any other occasion, the Hard Sex tactic is fine.

Yes well I'm only saying this because whenever I got such a message after a game it was because even though I was dominating and had a lot of shots, my strikers refused to score, either due to opposition keeper having a game of his life, or just because hitting a big goal with a small ball is hard :p I have never gotten such a message after an even game or a game in which I didn't have a lot of chances to score.

tubey thanks again for your amazing posts.. i appreciated that .

Mr. hough ...i agree with you that it is very confusing :PP

For me...the best working tactic is the first which i posted *the sexy very much tactic* . i have so much success wtih it. and i always make some tweaks of it. so i think i will never finish it. it is very unstable with poor teams against big ones . but for average teams its perfect. always getting around 5-6 ccc per game. it seems that this tactic wasnt so succesfull for the others so i decided to make another one which should be the next *Really sexy tactic*. and with this one works well for me, but u cannot expect results like 10-0 8-0 etc like u could do with the sexy very much. it is very simple tactic which can be used by any team. Tubey gave the best analyze for this tactic and also for the hard sex. and the sexiest tactic is completely different tactic in fm 2011. i just wanted to see how it will work with wingers and it did an excellent job for me.

i can tell you that i dont like to play with the same formation every season. so i making them a lot .

also i think that *the very sexy tactic* needs just a little bit to be perfect ...but i just dont getting what that should be ... it brings me 17 matches winning strike with goal difference 67 - 5 . and in the 18 i lose 2-0 against average team and they totally outplay me. i dont know why the hell is that happening ....

so if anyone wants to tweak and post the tactics ...do it freely. :p i would love to see it. cause i dont have so many time to play football manager .

thank you

There are FOUR tactics only in this thread:

Very Sexy Tactic (1st one published)

Really Sexy Tactic (2nd one)

The Sexsiest (3rd one)

Hard Sex is last one 4th.

Really simple. Not confusing at all. Want me to talk bout shapes too? :p First one is 31213 (if I remember right?), 2nd is 41212, 3rd is 4231, 4th is 4312 ;).

i tried out "hard sex" it didnt really fit the way i want to play. "The Sexiest" tactic explosive wingers 1 striker scoring a lot of goals is all for me i think "The Sexiest" tactic is the best tactic ive downloaded that fits my playstyle.

hi betis..i reworked a bit your 4231 with some tweaks......i have to say that now the game is boring..couse i cant' stop winning. i manage fiorentina..original team.if u give to me the permission i will upload...cose i thingh i have the perfect tactic now.

hi betis..i reworked a bit your 4231 with some tweaks......i have to say that now the game is boring..couse i cant' stop winning. i manage fiorentina..original team.if u give to me the permission i will upload...cose i thingh i have the perfect tactic now.

I want to see your tactic with your tweaks.. can u upload it?

Cuz this tac, is great!

of course man. upload it and i would love to see your tactic.

When you release the tactic?

I holidayed the really sexy tactic last night with Man City, I fell asleep and when I woke up it was 2016. In this time this tactic had won the league three times, the champions league twice, fa cup once, super cup once and world club cup once. City were relegated in the latest season as I had been on holiday and all of my players had left on free transfers hahaha.

Archived