FM11 Liechtenstein Club & Country Challenge

I started this yesterday, but got to European competition and had apparently sold my "trained at the club" players. There didn't appear to be anything I could do. Will try again today.

My plan is to get young Australians over to play in Europe and gain nationality.

I've found it very difficult to get the board to upgrade anything, despite having money in the bank (actually they won't let me have parents, feeders or a relaid pitch either). My instinct is that I'll have to build a team that consistently wins the title and competes in Europe, by doing so I will have stockpiled enough money and board respect to improve the facilities significantly. Also that'll have taken around 5 years, so almost by default I'll have some of my players beginning to take up Liechtensteiner nationality.

This definitely isn't a short-term challenge!

I know what you mean about the pitch took me 3 seasons to get them to relay it, gave up the challenge soon after as it was like trying to walk into the wind

I started this yesterday, but got to European competition and had apparently sold my "trained at the club" players. There didn't appear to be anything I could do. Will try again today.

Okay, I could use some help.

I've just started again and the first thing I've done is look at "trained with the club". I have two. I need four for the Europa League. I've promoted two from the Leichtenstein U-18s, but they don't appear to count. I didn't see anyone else having trouble with this. Any advice?

My plan is to get young Australians over to play in Europe and gain nationality.

I think it’s the best way. I won the league by 15 points at in my first season with nothing but free transfers so my team is relatively solid, problem is only 4 are from Lichtenstein.

I made the mistake in the San Marino challenge of trying to do the club and country at the same time, I’ll take the Lichtenstein job if it comes up now but won’t be declaring interest to try get it.

My aim is to build the youth squad as much as possible once I start to compete in Europe, then use them to come into the national squad.

Also if I get a promising youngster and a big team comes in, I’ll let him go I think, especially if they have better facilities then I do, try to build up the pool a bit.

Okay, I could use some help.

I've just started again and the first thing I've done is look at "trained with the club". I have two. I need four for the Europa League. I've promoted two from the Leichtenstein U-18s, but they don't appear to count. I didn't see anyone else having trouble with this. Any advice?

just leave 2 spots free if you do not have enough players.

Season: 2012/13

League: Swiss Super League

Transfer Budget: £400k

Wage Budget: £44,000

Closing Balance: £0.9M

Board Expectations: Avoid-relegation

Media Expectation: 10th

Your Expectations: Mid-table, hoped to push on to hit the top four

Ave attendance: 3,515

League Record: Pos 5th, W 16, D 6, L 14, F 56, A 52, Pts 54

Europa League: Lost 1st round qualifying against Kaiserslautern - tough draw!

Best XI: (4-3-3) Hansen; Candido Costa, Mosquera, Rigione, Schuler; Andreasen, Rachane, Landzaat; Abregu, Emmanuel, Purje.

Top Scorer: Mosquera 13

Top Rating: Mosquera 7.33

Transfers in: Nikola Pokrivac, Prince Tagoe, Iliya Milanov (£40k), Peter Mercado, Dirk Schoofs (£26k), Steven Roux (£50k), Michael Schmidt (£3k), Biagovest Rusev (£10k), Fumagalli

Transfers out: Pascal Bader, Oumar Konde, Dario Almiron (£200k), Florian Sturm, Peter Jehle, Anton Zlogar, Diego Ciccone, Martin Rechsteiner, Marco Colocci, Angelo (£20k), Luan

A bit of a dud season. A tough draw in the UEFA cup ended interest early on there, although in the first leg we were winning 1-0 until the very end until surrendering 2-1 late on. A creditable draw in the home leg was never enough, especially having conceded an early away goal.

That left us to concentrate on the league, which we did with little success. I realised that my second half collapse last season was partially down to my new defensive midfield dynamo having the PPM "Gets forward whenever possible" which explains the huge gaping hole in the middle of the park that had become the hallmark of my highlights packages...

We ended 5th, beating the lower half teams comfortably and losing to the upper half teams narrowly. Our problems in front of goal are evidenced by the fact that my top scorer was my centre-half.

Still, things picked up at the end of the season, winning four of the last five. If I can find a way to get the ball in the net on a regular basis, we'll go well.

Pre-season has not started brilliantly as the board tell me they've cancelled the planned youth facility expansion due to lack of funds. We have £900k in the bank, I'm not sure exactly what they were planning to build if that's not enough...

Forza Vaduz

Season: 2011/12

League: Swiss Super League

Transfer Budget: £0, I was under embargo for a potential take over the whole window.

Wage Budget: £22,8700

Closing Balance: £550k

Board Expectations: Avoid-relegation

Media Expectation: 10th (Bottom)

Your Expectations: Safety

Ave attendance: 3,928

League Record: Pos 6th, W 13, D 10, L 13, F 46, A 49, Pts 49

Europa League: Group Stage. Drew Liverpool, Rubin and FC Salburg. Finished 3rd Drawing at home to all 3 and beating Salzburg away.

Best XI: (4-1-2-3) Jehle, Lamotte, Denicola, Bellon, Roussillon, Buff, Tcheco, Samuel, Piazon, Fischer, Hassler.

Top Scorer: Hassler, 11

Top Rating: Denicola 7.06

Transfers in: Roussillon (Sochaux Free), Buff (Zurich Free), Unal (Basel Free), Panagi (Free), Bengondo (Free), Tcheco (Free), Kovacic (Free), Piazon (Free), Euell (Free), Samuel (Free).

Transfers out: Schwelger (Sion 150k), Ritter (New York Free), Ciccone(Pacenza Free), Sturm (Schaffhausen Free), Piazon (Arau Loan)

Well the season started with talks of a takeover so I wqas pretty optimistic, however, the new chairman didnt give me a dime! I bought in all free transfers as with the embargo I was given no transfer fund. The surprise of the season was Europe, I beat Celik, Kavala and Unirea to get into the groups and only losing 1 2 games in a group that tough was a good effort by the boys.

Not enough goals this season, I went for age and experience to try and survive so this may have been why as they just lacked a bit of sharpness upfront. Overall they performed well all season, I am optomistic that I can start pushing up the table pretty quickly.

Aim for next season is to do well in Europe again and start climbing up the league ladder.

ahh, they international coach just got sacked, i cannot apply for the job?! I loaded all players from Lichtenstein and the team has a full squad for the main, under 21's and under 19's! Why cant I manage them? Can anyone else?

EDIT: Just did a trial and error. You shouldnt load up other leagues. When i load Swiss only with 'players of nationality' and 'current international players' you can use Lichtenstein, if you load up say England and Brazil as well using the custom DB you cant manage Lichtenstein?

Well, im out of the challenge, not going to start again, OP, maybe do a few trial and errors to warn people about it so they dont start and then not be able to complete.

Gah, just realised that I've got the same situation in my game! Not sure what to do, I've just started kicking on (top of Super League, qualified for the group stages of the Europe League).

yer, shame cause i was enjoying it but im not going to just stick with the league and never do the international side of it.

The old San Marino one gave you a .ddt file with it so the international team was always in it i think.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this really the case...? I am not allowed any other league active, even view only except Swiss? Can I load the Liechtenstein players?

The rules section in the first post answers your question for you:

Rules:

Several leagues can be running on view-only, but the Swiss pyramid should be the only one playable.

Attribute masking should be enabled.

It's recommended to load all players from Liechtenstein in the setup - it will provide a lot more dross, but make the national team managable.

Player naming is allowed - the overall focus is in the long term and focused on regens, after all.

Manager reputation should be set to Automatic.

I cant get national team either at the moment, but i'm sure the last time i done the challenge after about 3 seasons it became available i think its due to the players coming through youth system at start of season increases the amount in database, try holidaying a game for a while then check again

How do you get the national team manageable? I've loaded all players from Liechtenstein and all continental and national rep players from Europe. But still no luck.

I think once you go about 3 seasons they should be avaliable as your youth intake each season increases the players in the database i'm close to finishing 1st season so i'll check once i have my intake to see if there is a change

I think once you go about 3 seasons they should be avaliable as your youth intake each season increases the players in the database i'm close to finishing 1st season so i'll check once i have my intake to see if there is a change

Oh right. So it's not automatic. I'm just loading up Liechtenstein and I'll plough through the season. Has anyone got any luck with attracting other nationality players?

Vaduz 1st season 2010/11

Well thats my 1st season over The media predicted us to finish 5th and we managed to go one better by claiming 4th spot, I was ahead in the league until the board decided that an offer for my top striker was too good and decided to sell him from under my nose, goals were a bit more difficult to come by and we hit a small slump dropping to 6th place at one point.

Got as far as the 3rd Qualifying round of the Europa Cup but was soundly beaten 6-1 on aggregate by Maccabi Haifa

Won the Liechtenstein Cup which followed with a message that I had qualified for the Euro Cup next season, note to self dont play a weaker team if i want to play european football every season. One downside to winning the cup however was that i recieved a message saying i had been awarded £25k for winning the cup only to recieve another saying squad bonus payout for winning the cup was £25k so some silverware but no financial gain.

After selling a couple of players and letting the loanees go back to their clubs I have managed to keep the wage bill down but unfortunately its still over the allowance the board has given me, this may partly be down to me signing Liectenstein legend Mario Frick to help with the promotion push next season. The board offered me a 2-year extension to my contract which I duly signed so at least their showing faith in me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a little tradition with myself than whenever a new FM comes out I always start with Vaduz. This year was no different, so here's what happened with me:

2010/11- Finished 5th in the league. Some brilliant free transfers: ex-Italy u21 Gionatha Spinesi in (8 goals in 20), ex-Swiss international Patrick Muller and Ghana fringe-player Joetex Frimpong ALL on frees. Out: Ritzberger (£50k), Ritter (free), Rosamina (free)

Best eleven: Jehle; Denicola, Cerrone, Muller, Schwelger; Burgmeier, Bellon, Colocci, Hasler (AMC); Spinesi, Merenda.

2011/12- Won the league. Signed Eidur Gudjohnsen on a free (pretty much got me bankrupt due to wages but oh well!), Pablo Alvarez (Uruguay) and Johan Vonlanthen (young ex-international) Was 8 mins away from reaching the EURO Cup group stages, until I conceded a late goal to Malaga. Gudjohnsen only netted 8 goals in 29 league games, but the stars of the squad were Spinesi (14 in 23) and Frimpong (20 in 30). Moreno Merenda fell rapidly out of favour and was soon released on a free, as were loads of other players including Florian Sturm.

Best eleven: Jehle; Bader, Muller, Denicola, Alvarez; Burgmeier, Bellon, Vonlanthen, Gudjohnsen (AMC); Spinesi, Frimpong.

I resigned at the start of the next season due to the financial crisis I had got the club into! But they sold Vonlanthen, who I acquired on a free, for £3.2 million to Olympiakos- thus solving all the money issues.

This is all a bit hazy due to me being in July 2019 at the minute with Derby with several clubs in between. Frimpong stayed at Vaduz until his retirement in 2016 (83 goals in 179 games, including several years in the Super League) and because he was the favourite of my players I gave him the Nigeria u20 job :)

Archived