Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 FM11.2 Tactic and Discussion

Just finished my 1st season using this tactic. Decided to try it with West Ham. Predicted to finish 15th at the start of the season.

Only made 1 signing, rest is original West Ham squad:

leaguetable.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

squadn.th.jpg

transferso.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Absolutely brilliant. The only thing i think needs improvment is the defense as you can see from my GS. But i'm hoping to get a nice transfer budget to buy me some quality players for my CL assault. :p

Anyway, congratz on making this wonderfull tactic Mr. Hough. I'll let you know how my 2nd season turns out now that i'm gonna go for Europe glory with West Ham.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an update on my blackpool game, at the moment, half way through november,9th in the league and quarter finals of the carling cup, was struggling in the league, lost 3 straight, problem was team talks, as i normally use woilfsongs and play only with top teams then i could only remember what you say for top teams, i decide to see what the ass manager would say different to me, actually a lot different to what i would say, saying that i have won 3-0,3-0,3-1 since he took over the team talks, happy days eh

First season with Brescia over. Played without my best player (Caracciolo, a striker) for the entire season. Prediction was 18th, I finished an astonishing 7th, and I qualifyied for the Europa League. What else can you say?

barnetta have you made some signings?

Hey Mr Hough! Been a big fan of your tactical knowledge since last year. Loved the 11.1 tactic, but I'm having trouble with new version. I play lower league in the BSS and I find my team has trouble with the length of passing. They get picked off too easily and my strikers are never able to get the ball. I just barely finished above relegation when usually promotion is assured in the first year of BSS regardless of which team is chosen.

I can see that this tactic would greatly benefit fast paced teams who are able to control the ball well, perhaps not really found in such a lower league. Has anyone else tried the 11.2 tactic with very low league teams elsewhere?

cerud

Great tactic Mr Hough, In my first season with Hoffenfeim ( Year 2010) , with few signings. We won the First Division in the last match, and we are predicted 8th. The first part of the league the results was very inconsistent, but in the second with few specific signings ( Annan, Kadlec, Fazio) and the tactic more adapted we win the big part of the matches.

Now is the turn for test it in the Champions League, and see what happen with new signings.

season1n.th.jpg

Well done Mr Hough, cheers.

P.D: Sorry for my english.

Hey Mr Hough! Been a big fan of your tactical knowledge since last year. Loved the 11.1 tactic, but I'm having trouble with new version. I play lower league in the BSS and I find my team has trouble with the length of passing. They get picked off too easily and my strikers are never able to get the ball. I just barely finished above relegation when usually promotion is assured in the first year of BSS regardless of which team is chosen.

I can see that this tactic would greatly benefit fast paced teams who are able to control the ball well, perhaps not really found in such a lower league. Has anyone else tried the 11.2 tactic with very low league teams elsewhere?

cerud

I'm gonna have a blasy at lower league management, I might have to make some changes to the passing.

The defensive set-pieces of this tactic are rubbish. I concede at least 1 goal per game from either an opposition corner or a header coming from an opposition free kick outside my area.

Very bad.

I think you'll find thats not much to do with the tactic, more part of the match engine - nealt all the goals I concede no matter what tactic I play come the same way. Try and be a little more constructive in your criticism.

cerud

Me too. My game is with team from Eastern Europe. Media prediction 3th, one of the strongest teams in the league. Now I am 3 points above relegation with W-2 D-6 L-5 G.D.- 0

This tactic has its bad days also, my Rangers team after winning a league match 8:0 got destroyed by Tottenham in CL. They won 4:0, had 31 shots and 12 CCCs. I'm not ******** you, I was lucky to only lose by 4 goals. Then again I was playing quite long with 10 people..

Doing good in the league, 3 wins and a draw, so I hope it will be better soon.

My results so far with Feyenoord (2nd Season). I'm mediapredicted 4th. No OI, Teamtalks ZeroSea, Match Prep: Team Blend - Average/High

fixtures.jpg

Pretty impressive, especially in the beginning. The last 10 matches or so, it seemed a little less storming, but it's still very good :)

I thought I should share my prgress using this tactic so far...

I am Newcastle, first season. Made a few signings (Mirel Radoi, Lukaku, Macheda (Loan), Dodo, Fabinho (Loan)). However, I made these signings before I started to use this tactic, if I could dtart again I would and I wouldn't make any of these signings apart from Lukaku and Macheda. This is because the others don't fit in with the attributes required for each position for this tactic as suggested in the OP.

I started using this tactic in around October, so I had already used my own tactic and the players were used to playing it. When I changed to Mr. Hough's tactic it took a while for the players to get used to it (which I believe is to be expected). However, 9 games played only 2 wins and a draw, I was starting to get a little worried.

10th game with this tactic was against Arsenal (I didnt expect to win - thought I would get hammered!), we only got beat 1-0 and probably deserved at least a draw. That was the turning point, even though we were beaten the performance was good. Next 6 games we won 5 and drew 1. The draw was against Liverpool at Annfield. Victories against an Everton side 4th in the league and arch rivals Sunderland.

I am glad my perseverance with this tactic seems to have paid off...therefore I would suggest anyone who does have trouble with this tactic at the beginning should continue to use it until your players get used to the style of play.

Match Prep: Team Blend (as suggested)

Team Talks: Ass. Manager (as suggested Ass. Man. needs to have high Motivation, Determination and Man Management attributes)

The other key characteristic of this tactic is pace...you need to make sure at least one of your centre backs (preferably the covering CB) is quick (15+ pace) otherwise teams with quick forwards will catch you out with a simple long ball. It is important that your strikers have pace (I have Macheda and Lukaku (15 and 14 respectively) alongside Carroll (Carroll bangs them in with his head!)). I also find it helps that your full backs can actually defend...none of these brazilian full backs who are more like wingers! (this is why I wouldnt sign Dodo and Fabinho again!)

If anyone is playing as Newcastle with this tactic play Joey Barton as the DM - he is much better than Tiote in there!

Thanks for the tactic Mr. Hough, I hope people find what I have wrote useful and its not too obvious already (apologies if it is!)

First game withthe new tactic. I was going t owait until the home replay against QPR for an easy start to using it. However i was away to Reading and not getting the easy win i thought i would with my usual tactics and line up. I was 2-0 down at 35 mins. Changed to Mr Hough's new tactic and scored a goal before half time and was all over them.

I then scored another two in the second half to be winning 2-3, and trust me i had seen games like this before with my other tactic. One gowl down sure, but two down and getting swamped...almost no chance. Sadly they nipped a late equaliser right at the death. I have to say they probably wouldn't have gotten it if i didn't have such a tired team. A lot of the players to start with were between 91%-95% fit. So yeah...first impression wow.

Sadly no wingers but Biabiany can be a forward who crosses tons and i'll use his pace late on in games. Elia...i'll probably try and convert him to a cm, i've got six strikers including Biabany so...i do have a feeling he might be worth converting to a seventh forward.

Anyways, thankd Dave ;D pure boss man.

thanks mate :D the one i was using already :D

im sorry i just realised did you mean training schedules specific for this tactic? if so then no, i did use one from fm base before using major ravings, it was good as well, think it was sk or something like that or ians, cant remember doh

Excellent tactic so far. Got my Burnley squad promoted as Championship winners with 103 points with just a couple of loan signings added to the original squad. I might sound hard to please seeing as I won the league with 103 points but it can however be a bit touch and go away from home, other than that, very impressed. Off subject I know but does anyone know what skin that is that Rohz is using as shown a few posts above?

The tactic is good and all, but i dont understand this at all. When im playing some teams i seem to have loads off ccc's and they have like 0 ccc's and i end up drawing or not being able to score as many as i should. For instance i just drew 2-2 with chelsea and we had 7 clear cut chances to their 0. What could be the reason for this? Is it my match preperation?

I am twelve games into the league and played 3 champions league fixtures ( i am man utd) is this not enough time for the tactic to have gelled?

Pure class!!!

Solid defence, amazing midfield and pure class in front!!! For me the very best tactics for FM 11 until now! Absolutely amazing!

F.C.InternazionaleInter_Fixtures.png

Sorry, but such posts make me laugh. With Inter any tactic will do great. Anyone tested it with let's say Stafford Rangers? Accarington Stanley? Not only big clubs which can buy players needed?

I would test it, but cba at the moment :0. Don't take it as personal attack though, as I know last year MrH produced amazing tactic (which still works on FM11 without tweaking :D).

well so far with my blackpool game ihave just got beat by chelsea 4-3 at their ground in the semis of the league cup, good chance i can make it to the final, sitting 8th in the league close to 6th place, hopefully keep going and i can get into europe, this has been the hardest season in fm for me, i love playing with the big teams and thrashing everyone, far more fun, tho if i can do well with blackpool it'll be up there in achievments.

well so far with my blackpool game ihave just got beat by chelsea 4-3 at their ground in the semis of the league cup, good chance i can make it to the final, sitting 8th in the league close to 6th place, hopefully keep going and i can get into europe, this has been the hardest season in fm for me, i love playing with the big teams and thrashing everyone, far more fun, tho if i can do well with blackpool it'll be up there in achievments.

My Blackpool game isn't that good. I'm just 13th, but still acceptable performance :)

Question?

How to setup your players for corners in this tactic?

Wich CB should be strongest header and should it be inswinging or outswinging corners?

The tactic is great as i just beat Barcelona 3-0 but i cant seem to be able to score from corners.

Question?

How to setup your players for corners in this tactic?

Wich CB should be strongest header and should it be inswinging or outswinging corners?

The tactic is great as i just beat Barcelona 3-0 but i cant seem to be able to score from corners.

left cb should be ur best jumper/header and inswinging corners

ok, i dont know what happened... i tried ur tactic 1 game, and lost it 2-1.... too bad, it was my first loss after seventy league games!! lol

your setting yourself up for the **** to be took out of you, if you think logical, your team has played ur tactic for all those games and then all of a sudden youv changed to this tactic, so they wont be fully up to speed with the tactic, give it a chance

Hey there, the tactic is very good, the defence is pretty much sound and the attacking movement is good. I have been pretty much unbeaten for the friendlies, 10 league matches and 3 champions league matches. However one thing is really annoying me. When i am playing some teams i have so many CCC'S but i cant convert them if any. For instance i played city with more shots on goal and ccc's yet they one the game 1-0. When i played against chelsea ( im man utd btw with only one new transfer-modric) we had seven ccc's to their 0 and it ended up 2-2 final score. Is this because of my match prep? what would you reccomend? or should i push on with the tactic as perhaps it has not gelled yet after 10 league games?

james

Hi Mr. Hough.

First off great tactic as always produces a lot of chances and playing with 3 strikers is always fun imo.

But a suggestion I want to make don't use man marking it's just painful to watch your players get dragged around all over the field and huge gaps popping up in defense left, right and center.

There is actually a very simple solution for this use zonal marking and leave all the other settings just like they are apart from the Fullbacks which are set to "man mark" so the stay with the wingers the defense looked much more stable.

I'll give some more feedback after I played a season with your tactic.

Cheers.

Gotta say mate, amazing tactic. Started using in my 3rd season with Man City & won the:

Super Cup

World Club Championship

League & FA Cups

League by almost 20points

Missed out on Champions League & 5 injuries & 1 Suspension.

Never mind, will have a clean sweep next season. Brilliant mate!!

AFCTelfordResults15092012.jpg

It's a strange tactic so far. Wins against Northampton and Crawley were excellent, no troubles whatsoever and my defence was absolutely excellent. They were using someones tweaks suggested on this thread though. I was beating Vale 3-0 at HT but I reckon I got my teamtalk wrong (well, my Ass Man did..) hence the 3-2 result

I can handle a defeat against Doncaster in the LC because they're two divisions higher than me but what I can't handle is, without a shadow of a doubt, the two worst 90 minute performances against Tranmere and especially Oxford on any FM game I've ever had to endure. Yes, I scored twice against Oxford but they were both from corners

It's such an odd tactic. One minute it's playing like last years, the next it's absolutely horrendous. However, what I have noticed is that if the strikers could finish then this tactic would be flying (Stockport match being the example, on any other FM I would've won that at least 7-1)

I'll plough on, I'm 6th in my first season in L2 so I can't complain massively

EDIT: Just lost 3-0 away at Dagenham, woeful performance again, players are right for the positions, what's going on? Just drawn at home to Burton 1-1, much better performance, let's see if it holds up. It does, sort of, lost 3-2 away at Wycombe, hit the bar twice but all goals conceded from crosses. I am absolutely sick to death of conceding from crosses.. just beaten Hartlepool away 1-0, much much MUCH better performance, hit the woodwork twice and had 4 CCCs. They had too many shots though for my own liking, but gladly, no CCCs. Time for bed on a positive note, more to report tomorrow.

Sorry, but such posts make me laugh. With Inter any tactic will do great. Anyone tested it with let's say Stafford Rangers? Accarington Stanley? Not only big clubs which can buy players needed?

I would test it, but cba at the moment :0. Don't take it as personal attack though, as I know last year MrH produced amazing tactic (which still works on FM11 without tweaking :D).

Not every tactic will work with Inter, Barca, Real. Beleave me!!! My squad isn't the hyper very best. Milito is 33. Lucio 34. Javier Zanetti 39!!! Mariga, Biabiany aren't top class + the free transfers like Aleksandar Tunchev and Zhirkov...

If you think that every tactic will work with big teams, please start a game with Man U, Chealsea, Real etc, I'll create a tac for you to see that it won't work.

15 matches on and i'm unbeaten with it. So far it's just about living up to Complete Dominance 2.0, feels as solid as that one did too. The first one you released this year was good going forward but felt vulnerable. This one feels like a trojan going forward.

My midfield is scoring too which is a delight. At first they scored too much, then after one patch, or it might have been a change of tactic they started never scoring even from easy opporunities (considering their class and long shots rating). Now it's just finnnnnnnnnnnneee. ;D

Also kinda nice to be using a classic tactic even though i was gainst it to start with. Means you need to pay that little bit extra attention. Although i noticed the Match Shouts are greyed out...i've always used Wizard Tactics since Match Shouts became available, so idk if they're greyed out due to not being available in Classic style tactics or they've just been made unavailable for this particular tactic. Any assisstance would be much obliged.

Archived