2 tactics to conquer your league and CL on 8.0.2 (4-4-2 and Counter)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tactic surely aint working for my newly promoted leeds in the premier division.

it truly suck for me :p

16games 2wins 3draws 11 loss 12-30goals....

and i am camping the 20th spot in the table:P

perhaps my team just suck so hard. im never favorite so only got a chance to test the 4-4-2 in a league cup game. lost vs swindon icon_frown.gif

rest of the games played with the counter.

and from the replys in this thread it looks like all plays the big teams icon_smile.gif i prolly gonna go back to the 4-2-3-1 tactic and try fight to stay in PL next year icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Totti Jr:

This tactic surely aint working for my newly promoted leeds in the premier division.

perhaps my team just suck so hard. im never favorite so only got a chance to test the 4-4-2 in a league cup game. lost vs swindon icon_frown.gif

and from the replys in this thread it looks like all plays the big teams icon_smile.gif i prolly gonna go back to the 4-2-3-1 tactic and try fight to stay in PL next year icon_smile.gif

i understand you mate, it is really hard to survive with a newly promoted team in PL, at least for the first season. you need to have at least good defenders for not to concede too many goals. But why dont you change the Counter tacs to 5-4-1 ? i think that can work for you, just make your defence 5, send two farrows from your wingers to both sides of your lone striker. if i were you, i would give this a shot.

Come on everyone stop asking which team you should play.

Your the boss wheres the fun in just getting someone else to do it all for you.

I used the tactic but I developed my squad I pick the team.

People might as well start posting.

I'm Team A about to play Team B at home,

Who should I play and what tactic.

This is only a tactic thread you have to be the guy who picks the team.

Totti, you need to turn the teams morale around, morale kills you when playing the 4-1-4-1.

4 days before a game with a team who you might be able to beat look at the morale of all your players in your starting 11.

For each one of them that does not have a superb morale do the following:

Add up the last 3 form scores for the player and then go to player interaction for them and comment on their form, base your comment on this table.

19 or less = below

20 is a grey area, try "below" for this (75% players), but if they react badly, make a note on them to use "acceptable" instead

21 = acceptable

22 = pleased

23 and above = delighted

This should raise the morale of most of your players, some will go straight to superb, you can use this over and over again in the season.

The good news is that after a few successful attempts the player will also add you to his favourite personnel list.

I record the form total verses the comment and reaction on all the players in their notes section. Some players do behave slightly different to these comments, usually temperamental or very young players. You need to manage the comments to these players more precisely, only by observing feed back can you do this.

Do NOT comment to the media before any matches until you get moral sorted out, even then be careful, I remove particularly temperamental players from my starting line up before I use media comments, this stops them getting upset.

Do use safe team talks, such as "for the fans" or "wish luck".

At half time do use angry against any player on less than 5 (whole team if they are not performing). Pay particular attention to strikers, if any of them are on 8, then use "have faith in their ability". Do not be scared to sub a striker at half time and bring on a replacement who you tell "you have faith in".

Once morale is sorted out, you can get more adventurous with the team talks.

If anyone has a go at this, please let me know how it works, this was all perfected on 07, but still works for me on 08.

Originally posted by eMPiii:

polat_dgn i have a question, i bought Messi for the third season but he donsent play well at all, tryed both left and right side. Should I try to mark free role on him or what do you think?

Mate how can it be, always thought that he would play great anywhere except defence! icon_biggrin.gif Anyway to be serious, just give time, i am sure he would perform better but dont forget that his natural position is AMC and i think using players in their natural position has a big impact on the game..

great tactic polat i only play the 442 version tho my leeds team doesnt like the counter and i enjoy the thrill of watchin 5-3, 5-2 , 4-1, 4-3 games its great and i only draw or lose games when the oposing keepers have the game of their life and the ref cheats me out of offsides and penalties.

couple of questions appologies if this has came up before in the forum i only glanced over it just wondering what are the best kind of mc's to use in ur 442 currently i playing denilson and jaun manuel torres a mc and dmc. who wud be the best players for the mc slots. denilson is ripping it up tho.

Originally posted by Totti Jr:

perhaps my team just suck so hard. im never favorite so only got a chance to test the 4-4-2 in a league cup game. lost vs swindon

and from the replys in this thread it looks like all plays the big teams i prolly gonna go back to the 4-2-3-1 tactic and try fight to stay in PL next year

i'm managing leeds in my forth season and the 451counter formation doesnt work to well for my team but i think thats down to my players mainly my back four and lack of real wingers. but i do play the 442 and it is awesom. alot of very high scoring games and hardly a clean sheet in sight. if ur sitting bottom u may aswell try the 442 as u need to pick up the wins play it untill ur infornt the switch to the counter i sometimes do that.

the 442 is genous where did u get the idea for the saarrows on the fullbacks ive never seen that before.

Originally posted by macsoz:

the 442 is genous where did u get the idea for the saarrows on the fullbacks ive never seen that before.

Well mate i have always thought of using the fullbacks more effectively, making them join the game more.. During my several tests with fullbacks, i saw that when they run to the DMC positions, the opponent midfielders try to pressure them leaving lots of space for your MCs

dropping behind them. i think this is the key point in my 4-4-2 .

im notts county 1st season took over after 10 games there 23rd in the league with 4 points and on a run of 6 straight defeats, now just entered january played 10 or 11 games won 8 drew 1 and lost 2 i think and the two defeats were my fault for altering the team too much 1st game in january played a completely new side and lost 3-0, but all looking good so far got wigan in fa cup 3rd round ill let you how it goes but so far this is brilliant best tactic for this patch well done! icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Playing with Perth Glory and finding early on in the first season that I'm typically drawing matches with the counter tactic. I have a fairly weak squad, so that's all right.

I tried marking people with the opposition instructions- that's a bad idea. Seems to lose all shape and you give up goals pretty easily.

I don't score too many with the counter, but I seem to score enough. Of course, now that I type this I've just gone into half time against Adelaide 2-2...

A good tactic all round, I think. I look forward to seasons 2 and 3, a bit more money, a better squad, and more opportunity to use the 4-4-2...

what a great tactic this is i

am so good with liverpool i`m thinking of managing a lower team but i know that liverpool will play badly when i leave .was just wondering if there is a way of importing these tactics so that the computer will use them as well thanks very much for any help

Originally posted by paul spencer:

Tactic is not good for me icon_frown.gif<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by polat_dgn:

opps, icon_biggrin.gif sorry here is Counter:

http://rapidshare.com/files/100301742/Counter__Valencia__Dec_2008_.tac.html

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Originally posted by england2110:

where do you put the file?

thanks.

Sorry mates i didnt understand ur problem, u cant donwload it or .. ?

(i have got it working now THANKS)

I have treid both tactics, the first game i used the 442 one, i won 3-2, so pleased with the goals but tends to consede a couple.

then i tried 442 again, but i lost 3-0???

(with same team, and againsted same opposition)

i dont tend to like the counter attack one (sorry!) because it doesnt fit the style of my west-brom team as it is too defensive.

but thanks mate, have you got a tactic that is a mixture between the two where you have alot of goals but also dont consede many. i many be asking for too much, but thanks for sharing!

cheers!!

Ok a week or so ago I posted my progress with my Dundee United side.

Well I've decided to test these tactics in lower leagues.

So I got the job with Stafford in the BSP, tipped for a relegation battle. so far unbeaten at home and lost 1 gaame away from home out of the 6 games I've played.

I'm using LLM rules like only signing players my scout recommends and pretty pleased.

I always start with 4-4-2 and if I feel i need to prtect the lead I'll go 4-1-4-1 Counter. although I have reduced Creative Freedom to the minimum and it appears to have made a difference only conceded 1 goal in last game after going 3 up, eventually finished 4-1 against Rushden at home and they were favourites.

Will update after another 3 months have passed in game.

polat:

I'm wondering, the individual instructions you have set in both of your tactics, are these calibrated to your own team only and should be adjusted with other teams or should they be left as is? For example 'run with ball'. I have Flamini playing at CML in the 4-4-2, but his dribbling is not that great, should I decrease his run with ball to mixed?

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

polat:

I'm wondering, the individual instructions you have set in both of your tactics, are these calibrated to your own team only and should be adjusted with other teams or should they be left as is? For example 'run with ball'. I have Flamini playing at CML in the 4-4-2, but his dribbling is not that great, should I decrease his run with ball to mixed?

Really believe me mate, it doesnt make any difference, no need to adjust it with your team,

i sometimes play Sunny in CML and i havent seen

him lose any balls, in fact he rarely ever dribbles icon_biggrin.gif But i think you are Arsenal, why dont you try Persie in Right CM position , he might

be the man for it.

for example this might be a perfect formation for Arsenal in 4-4-2;

....... Adebayor....Eduardo

Rosicky..Fabregas.....Persie.......Hleb

Clichy...Gallas........Toure.......Sagna

And i think i havent mentioned so far but this is in fact extremely important: Choose your pitch in max. dimensions: i think it is 105 to 68 since you play wingers in both tacs...

Well I'm in the middle of the season so it's a little late to change the pitch dimensions.

Here's my starting 11, let me know what you think:

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Sagna

DL - Clichy

DCs - Gallas & Toure

MR - Van Persie

ML - Matias Fernandez

CMR - Fabregas

CML - Flamini/Denilson (still trying to decide which is better there)

SCs - Adebayor & Aguero

The thing about my wingers is that their preferred feet do no correspond to the sides they play on and both like to Cut Inside.

Well I'm in the middle of the season so it's a little late to change the pitch dimensions.

Here's my starting 11, let me know what you think:

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Sagna

DL - Clichy

DCs - Gallas & Toure

MR - Van Persie

ML - Matias Fernandez

CMR - Fabregas

CML - Flamini/Denilson (still trying to decide which is better there)

SCs - Adebayor & Aguero

The thing about my wingers is that their preferred feet do no correspond to the sides they play on and both like to Cut Inside.

your squad is class! Especially Adebayor and Aguero partnership is absolutely the best in the game and would probably be in real life icon_biggrin.gif i think you dont need to worry about wingers' situation but you can retrain Fernandez in MR if u like.

Just had a very strange game. It was an away match against Chelsea in the CL. They were the favorites, so I went with the 4-5-1 plus OIs for their strikers and key players. I quickly concede 2 goals from the very players I was trying to close down and tight mark and hard tackle. I switch to 4-4-2 and we start looking much better and pull back 2 goals. Then I go to 4-5-1 again to try to keep my 2 away goals. Well, as soon as I do that I concede again and also by another player on whom I had OIs. So I again revert to 4-4-2 and we start to create more chances but are failing to convert. Then Anelka (also has OIs) gets a controversial goal. The match finishes 2-4.

I don't get why 4-5-1 failed so easily, plus I'm starting to distrust OIs more and more. They seem to do me more harm than good. This is not the first time I've applied them only for those players I'm trying to neutralize to score on me at will.

Just had a very strange game. It was an away match against Chelsea in the CL. They were the favorites, so I went with the 4-5-1 plus OIs for their strikers and key players. I quickly concede 2 goals from the very players I was trying to close down and tight mark and hard tackle. I switch to 4-4-2 and we start looking much better and pull back 2 goals. Then I go to 4-5-1 again to try to keep my 2 away goals. Well, as soon as I do that I concede again and also by another player on whom I had OIs. So I again revert to 4-4-2 and we start to create more chances but are failing to convert. Then Anelka (also has OIs) gets a controversial goal. The match finishes 2-4.

I don't get why 4-5-1 failed so easily, plus I'm starting to distrust OIs more and more. They seem to do me more harm than good. This is not the first time I've applied them only for those players I'm trying to neutralize to score on me at will.

mate dont change to 4-4-2 during the game , be patient, wait for at least the first half to finish. if u change your formation and tacs 3 times continously in a game, the defeat is inevitable.

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

mate dont change to 4-4-2 during the game , be patient, wait for at least the first half to finish. if u change your formation and tacs 3 times continously in a game, the defeat is inevitable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just seemed like we were going to concede more goals with 4-5-1. We allowed 2 goals in just the first 10 minutes.

Well polat, your 4-4-2 just rescued me big time. Just played the 2nd leg at home against Chelsea. We thumped them 5-1 (7-5 aggregate).

One thing I've noticed is that the fullbacks will dwell on the ball a bit too much at times. Have you experimented with decreasing their creative freedom ever?

Well polat, your 4-4-2 just rescued me big time. Just played the 2nd leg at home against Chelsea. We thumped them 5-1 (7-5 aggregate).

One thing I've noticed is that the fullbacks will dwell on the ball a bit too much at times. Have you experimented with decreasing their creative freedom ever?

i am happy for you. About fullbacks, no, i didnt but it seems a good idea, why not?

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about this - my Arsenal team just lost two home games in a row using the 4-4-2, against Lyon (0-4) in the CL and West Ham (0-3) in the Prem... Games I really shoulda won. In both games I had well over 20 shots on target, but strangely none of them went in... icon_confused.gif

But, I'm gonna keep at it - there seem to be so many people who've had great results - maybe my team just need to get used to the new formation?

Originally posted by kentonizking:

cant seem to download the counter formation, could you repost it, or could someone forward the file to kentonizking@hotmail.com, cheers.

gonna try 442 for now.

Kent

These 2 links are working mate :

http://rapidshare.com/files/100301742/Counter__Valencia__Dec_2008_.tac.html

http://files.filefront.com/Counter+Valencia+Dec+20+tac/;9965455;/fileinfo.html

Just carrying on my Hamilton Accies story with these tactics:

At the end of our promotion (to the SPL) season, we didn't qualify for europe for some reason, even tho we got beat in the cup final (as a div 1 team) by the SPL champs, celtic.

After getting the targets off the board, there was to be no extra money so with a stadium of only 5400 that doesn't even get 1/4 full, i thought i'd leave them there and then and get a job in england...

loads of jobs available in League two and i applied for and got Lincoln City.. Expectations were set to mid-table, but after 16 games, we're level on points with Crewe at the top, 6 points clear of 4th, in the north semi final of the Johnstones paint trophy and we knocked a league 1 team out in the 1st round of the cup and now have Sheff Wed away in Rd 2...

Basically, these tactics are working as well as ever, even tho i'm well into my 2nd season with them - like polat_dgn said, i think the AI can't get a grip because you change between the two tactics every other week nearly...

No doubt about it, these tactics work superbly at lower levels, and i'm looking forward to use them at the top so i get to the day when my team takes europe by storm!!!

Don't use OI's against the big teams as they are simply too good for the players marking them. Tight marking fast strikers should never be done as they normally can get away. Against the smaller teams its different but world-class players are often too good for the OI's.

Anyways so far I'm using the counter tactic as my away tactic.

So

First match I'm away to Cardiff and to my suprise I win 5-1 with my striker bagging four. It seems he was rarely picked up and just drove through the central defenders. I then travelled to Huddersfield and drew 0-0 but I should add that I was down to ten men for the majority of the match. Lastly, I played Scunthorpe and I lost 3-1. I'm Darlington and I'm in league one in my third season. My squad is actually pretty good to be honest with you but I'm predicted 24th!

Dont use it as you're away tactic, use it depending on your odds, and if you think you really should beat a team then use the 442

With the oi, i always check to see what the players stats look like, eg

Bravery is below 12 = Tackle hard

Speed and accel are below 12/13 = Always close down.

And then always check out the feat thing and put that on,

I dont use tight markly as i see defenders getting dragged out of pos and getting lost.

I do OI for the Wingers and strikers and if the scout warns me about a central defender.

i've just played sheff wed in the cup away and used the counter tactic (we were 5.50 outsiders). i used the instructions above, and the best one is the hard tackling on the low bravery players.. the three i did that on all got 6 or less and substituted!!

we (lincoln) won the game 3-0 with shots 12-2 in our favour!!

fair play to the doctor

Archived