FM11:Olympique de Marseille Thread - Choc des Olympiques

Olympique de Marseille

olympiquemarseillelogo.png

Full name: Olympique de Marseille

Nickname(s): Les Phocéens, L'OM

Founded: 1899

Ground: Stade Vélodrome, Marseille (Capacity: 60,031)

Owner: Margarita Louis-Dreyfus

Chairman: Jean-Claude Dassier

Manager: Didier Deschamps

Olympique de Marseille also known as l'OM, is a French professional football club based in Marseille. Founded in 1899, they play in Ligue 1 and have spent most of their history in the top tier of French football. Marseille have been French champions nine times, and have won the Coupe de France ten times (a record) and became the first and only French club to win the UEFA Champions League in 1993. In 1994 the club was relegated because of a bribery scandal, losing their domestic trophy but not the UEFA Champions League. In 2010, Marseille became French champions again, under the stewardship of former winner of the UEFA Champions League's captain Didier Deschamps.

Olympique de Marseille's home is the 60,031-person-capacity Stade Vélodrome football stadium in the south of the city, where they have played since 1937. In 1997, they were bought by Franco-Swiss businessman Robert Louis-Dreyfus.

Marseille's traditional kit colours were white shirts and shorts with Dodger blue socks until 1986. Since 1986 the team is playing with white shirts, white shorts and white socks, and the blue color became lighter due to Adidas marketing. The current badge was adopted in 2004. The club's motto Droit Au But (French for "Straight to the Goal") appears under the badge and a star representing the victory in the Champions League is featured on the top. The club enjoys a large fan base, with the highest average all-time attendance in French football. Their average home gate for the 2008–09 season was 52,276, the highest in the Ligue 1.

800pxvuedustadevlodrome.jpg

Marseille's tally of nine French championships is second only to AS Saint-Étienne's total of ten.Marseille also have the record in Coupe de France titles (with 10).Marseille have achieved two Championship and Cup "Doubles" (in 1972 and 1989).They are the only French club to win the UEFA Champions League, in 1993.

National titles

Division 1/Ligue 1

Winners (9) : 1936–37, 1947–48, 1970–71, 1971–72, 1988–89, 1989–90, 1990–91, 1991–92, 2009–10

Division 2

Winners (1) : 1994–95

Coupe de France

Winners (10 – record) : 1923–24, 1925–26, 1926–27, 1934–35, 1937–38, 1942–43, 1968–69, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1988–89

Coupe de la Ligue

Winners (1) : 2009–10

Challenge des champions/Trophée des Champions

Winners (2) : 1971, 2010

Coupe Charles Drago

Winners (1) : 1957

Championnat de France Amateurs

Winners (1) : 1929

Championnat de France USFSA

Runners-up (1) : 1919

Regional titles

South-East DH Championship

Winners (4) : 1927, 1929, 1930, 1931

Runners-up (4) : 1921, 1922, 1924, 1925

Coastline USFSA Championship

Winners (7) : 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1919

Runners-up (6) : 1909, 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914

International titles

UEFA Champions League

Winners (1) : 1992–93

Runners-up (1) : 1990–91

UEFA Cup/Europa League

Runners-up (2) : 1998–99, 2003–04

UEFA Intertoto Cup

Winners (1) : 2005

Reserve titles

Championnat de France Amateurs

Winners (1) : 2002

South-East DH Championship

Winners (2) : 1958, 1966

Runners-up (1) : 1962

Coastline USFSA Championship 3

Winners (1) : 1910

Coastline USFSA Championship 4

Winners (1) : 1910

Youth titles

Coupe Gambardella

Winners (1) : 1979

French Under 16 championship

Winners (3) : 1979, 2008, 200

FM11 11.3 patch information:

Founded: 1899

Full Name: Olympique de Marseille

Nicknames: Les Phocéens, L'OM

Chairman: Jean-Claude Dassier (Happy)

Manager: That would be you!!!

Legends: Basile Boli, Raymond Goethals, Jean-Pierre Papin

Icons: Bernard Tapie, Josip Skoplar, Chris Waddle, Didier Drogba, Gerard Gili, Eric Gerets, Didier Deschamps, Eric Cantona, Franck Ribery

Favoures Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: PSG, Olympique Lyon

Other Rivals: AS Monaco, OGC Nice, AS Saint-Ettiene, Sporting Toulon Var, Girondins Bordeaux, FC Martigues, FC Istres, Valenciennes FC

Affiliated Clubs: FC Lorient, Perpignan Canet FC, FC Libourne, AC Ajaccio

Finances: Rich

Bank Balance: £27,291,232

Estimated Value: £106m

Average Ticket Price: £61.20

Average Season Ticket Price: £671

Getting Started...

Your challenge is keep on good season 2009/2010. To do it let's look at the squad and make analysis.

Goalkeepers

You start with 3 goalkeepers in your squad, Steve Mandanda, Andrade and Cedric Mensah. In Steve Mandanda you have your best goalkeeper out the 3, and should be your number 1. He has some good all round stats. Andrade should be his back-up. He doesnt have the best stats but they are good enough for him to step in when needed. He will do for the first season until you can get some money to bring in someone better. Mensah is the weak link out of the 3.

Recomendation: Vincent Enyeama, David Ospina

Defenders

Centre Backs - Souleymane Diawara is your main defender. He is strong, composed, good in the air & can challenge. Next three is Hilton, N'Diaye and Heinze who can also play on left side. So you must cover this area and purchase some new young centre backs.

Recomendation: Mapou Yanga Mbiwa, Leonel Galeano, Roland Juhasz

Full Backs - In Rod Fanni (right) and Taye Taiwo (left) you have two full backs who complete a very solid back four. Fanni stands out from your other defenders. He has a nice bit of pace and is very fit so he should be able to start every game without doubt and will most likely have to do. Taiwo is a very good player. Cesar Azpilicueta is Fanni back-up and is able enough cover for the first season and maybe for future seasons. Heinze and Jean-Phillippe Sabo is cover for Taiwo(offer him a new contract!).

Recomendation: Jose Angel

Midfielders

Defensive/Central Midfield - Edouard Cisse, Lucho Gonzalez and Benoit Cheyrou. This three palyers can play in centre. So if you want to play with two or more centre midfilders you must buy someone. Ooo i forgot there are 2 more players(great players) i forgot( thx joe__the__man) Stephen Mbia who also can play as central defender and Charles Kabore who may play also on right side of defence.

Recomendation: Anthony Annan, Joel Matip, Axel Witsel, Milan Badelj

Wingers - There isnt much quality here at all. Your only natural players here are Mathieu Valbuena (right) and Andre Ayew (left). Valbuena is good, but wont set the world alight and doesnt have the best crossing ability. If you want to play with wingers then keep him around, but if not he can easily be play on Attacking Midfilder role. Ayew still has a lot of improving to do to reach his full potential which he isnt at yet. Loic Remyis the obvious choice for the right hand side, but as previously mentioned, I personally wouldnt use him here if you want to get the best out of him.

Recomendation: Kevin De Bruyne, Eljero Elia, Balazs Dzsudzsak,

Strikers

Your stand out player here is Andre-Pierre Gignac. He should start every game and will grab his share of goals. Brandao, Jordin Ayew and Samir Malcuit are the other 3 players here which is where I think they should play. If you want to play 2 strikers upfront the first choice is Gignac and Remy.

Recomendation: Kevin Gameiro, Jan Chramosta, Vedab Ibisevic, Diego Tardelli

Coaching Staff

The club already has a lot of spaces available to add extra members of staff into the club, but there is still a lot of deadwood which you can get rid of. I will let you judge each member of staff on your own but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Formation(s)

Following a good look at the players available to Marseille I think that the following two formations are the best available to the club. Formation one will be best suited to fit the players into their natural positions within the side, but if your a player who wants wingers starting then formation two is there for that reason. The real life Marseille play a very fluid, attacking style of football.

beztytuukp.png

Transfers

Marseille, need some tweaks to make the squad complete, but there are still no reasons why you cant achieve a top 3 finish and even push on and win the league. I do feel that it is essential for you to make signings on the coaching staff though. These are the following finances that you have available to make any changes to your squad.

beztytuuxqp.png

* sorry for that screens but i have Russian version of the game and i cant have english language on it.

So this is assistant report of the team

beztytuudbh.png

Ok this is end of my OP. Any sugestions are welcome. Keep OM best in France!

Good OP.

What about Stephane Mbia at centre back though? He's a brilliant young defender, good in midfield as well. Worth a mention I'd have thought. Also Kabore and Ayew are natural at central midfield as well, so I wouldn't have thought you'd need to bring anyone in tbh.

For OM I'd play a narrow diamond personally.

Mandanda

Fanni/Azpi Diawara Mbia Taiwo

Cisse/Kabore

Lucho Gonzalez Cheyrou

Valbuena

Gignac Remy/Brandao

Monthly Update - July 2010

Transfers

IN:

Vedad Ibisevic - TSG Hoffenheim - £5.5M

Jan Chramosta - Mlada Boleslav - £2.5M

Roland Juhasz - Anderlecht - £1.5M

Kevin Gameiro - Lorient - £5.5M

Axel Witsel - Standard Liege - £1.8M

OUT:

Samir Malcuit - Den Haag - loan £30

Brandao - Sevilla - loan £650

Fabrice Abriel - Aston Villa - £1.4M

Results

Friendlys

Trabzonspor 1-2 Marseille

24' Cheyrou

58'(pen.) Cheyrou

72' Paweł Brożek

Feirense 0-5 Marseille

45+1' Valbuena

50' Ibisevic

55' Gignac

59' Valbuena

90+1' Chramosta

SC Cambuur 0-5 Marseille

10' Chramosta

16' Ibisevic

40' Witsel

52'(ogg.) Ghoochannejhad

75' Ibisevic

Universitatea Craiova 0-4 Marseille

28' J.Ayew

56' Gignac

65' Valbuena

80' Gignac

Trophee des Champions

Marseille 1-0 PSG

65' Ayew

83' Jallet

So first month and first trophee:) I decide to play wide diamond formation and my main goal was to strengthen attack. So now i have 5 natural strikers, but my first choice is duo Gignac and Gameiro.

Witsel and Juhazs that cheap? How on earth did you do that? You are not playing on the latest patch I presume?

Don't know about Juhazs, but Witsel is always available that cheap.

Ooo i forget mentioned that i use FMRTE to make transfer budget up to £17M because £1.7M for transfers for Marseille is misunderstanding.

It's not a 'misunderstanding', it's because they've spent a fair bit in real life.

Does anyone know if the stadium gets expanded? I'm sure I read somewhere that is goes to 80,000 at somepoint, also again I'm sure I saw this noted when I was managing a turkish team, it was around 2014 then.

As for the team, should be EASY to win the league, I sold Gonz for £10m to Arsenal and got in some good loans & youngsters & free's, literally dominated the league. I then got a £30m budget for the Jan window and brought in some quality youngsters, the team is set now to be very good for a very long time. Will try and reduce the wages now, not that I need to (made huge profit) but I just hate paying out big wages. I fear the shareholders + tax + the classic 'non football costs' will soon drain all the profit out of the club but hey!

Would very much like an answer on the stadium quesiton if possible, thanks.

I thought there might be a pre-set upgrade, i.e will happen in 2014 without me asking the board?

the shareholders got £25m at the end of the season, I'd love to find a list of clubs without shareholders, this is SO annoying as it always drains your profit (they always seem to get £20m+!).

• 2 weeks later...

Just won the champions league and the league second season in. Mostly with this line-up: Mandanda, Fanni(Santon, loan), Taiwo, Mbia, Varane(Diawara), M`Vila, Ganso, Moussa Sissoko, Remy, Ruiz, Gameiro..

Played a 4-1-1-3-1 formation with wingers and Ganso as a trequartista.. Gameiro, Remy and Sissoko all ended up with 20+ goals :D Ganso with 35 ass.

btw: i got Sissoko to join when Toulouse got relegated the 1.season.

Looking to be a good save:D

Argh my game crashed, had a save from 2 months earlier so not too bad.

I think I'm close on 100 games unbeaten now, the team is strong! Lost 2-1 to Barca away but then amazingly beat them 5-1 at home, I couldn't believe it! Went on to beat Chelsea in extra time of the CL final :)

In Jan 2013 now. Splashed out on Modric £34m and Rodwell £15m in the summer as otherwise I just end up paying tons of tax and getting killed on the dividens, £30m+ last time :(

Had to re-do some contracts but my wage budget is still nicely low at £630k per week, got rid of most high earners.

Hello,

Nice post, i started a career en 11.3 with Marseille. Quite enjoyable, i managed to bring Hulk and pastore in, sold heinze, brandao, abriel and some reserves. I'm playing mostly a 4-1-2-2-1 with Hulk as inside foward on the right and pastore in the AMC slot. My results are quite good, however Lucho and cheyrou are a bit underperforming.. Well lucho has 12 pass in 22 games and about 5 goals, which i think is quite decent but his ratings hover around 7.05 and i find it quite hard to chat with him as if i say he didn't play so well he gets ****ed and if i say he did good it's the same, kind of a "grey" area rating. As for cheyrou he is around 6.80 which is pretty poor compared to the rest of the squad, and same again i can't talk to him.

Has anyone succeed in using them to their best, or is it more about weird average ratings for central mids in the ME and therefor not much to do?

Do you use the TC, if so what role did you give to cheyrou? I'll second you on Ayew, he is in fact pushing to take cheyrou's spot in my game as he performs slightly better and is still quite young.. Anyway thanks for your reply, i'll check Lacen ;)

Nope I use a 4-1-2-3 formation.

I sold Lucho for £10m to Arsenal, to fund other player purchases. One tip due to the small initial transfer budget is to get players in on loan with a future fee, then in January you will get a bigger budget and then can purchase the players.

Also check through the u19's, some good players there.

I tended to sell my big earners and replace them with younger cheaper talent.

Archived