Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is what i'm doing lately and it's working pretty good so far.it's even giving me back the poss. i tend to give away sometimes due to the opp. accurate passing.

now i know maybe it can be done with any tactic but i see quite some players asking if there's any specific ins. that can be used in a match.so here's what i'm doing to be some...not guidence but consideration..

first off if they have inside forwards or any player with off foot that would cause them to cut inside i give them weaker foot..that's 1..

i play the home and away..so theres no dmc..but..if the opp. have an amc and two strikers and in occasion an amc and lone str. i pull the mc back to dmc and give spesific man mark to the amc and set him to mixed f.runs.now i'm gonna show u two games where i did that against two giants a.c. milan and man. u.(milan won the league that season and man.u collected an amazing 95 points being second behind my 105 with a game to go)..they both play 4-3-1-2

here's the man u game: http://i56.tinypic.com/furs4i.jpg

and checkout what their amc Hamsik did during the 71 min. he got : http://i56.tinypic.com/2pyvyxg.jpg

i've never seen such a man. u. team this helpless.cause in my game they were spectacular this season.

here's the league table: http://i53.tinypic.com/1zqeqf5.jpg

and this is the champs lea. away game against milan: http://i51.tinypic.com/2n03klf.jpg

again in this game this time it was silva and he too had a very bad game finishing with 5.4 rating.my dmc had 7 tackles this game.of course i gave him hard tackle.

i know maybe in this tactic we care alot about the flow of the game and rely on our players judgement on things.and this tac. is definitely a wall against anti-football but..i believe in specifics and been trying them out and it really helps the tactic.

now i'm not trying to take credit for anything.i beleve most of what i achieved is because of the tac.but i definitely think we can dig into specifics and keep the flow of the game and possession..

i do a couple more things like give the wingers man mark at times(against Real M. to Ronaldo and Ozil).but that u can't allways do.like if they have an amc,too then not a good idea.

and another thing..sometimes when u take the lead and the opp. starts to push the fullbacks real hard i give my wingers spec. man mark to their fullbacks.cuts them off the game for ever.and doesn't effect my poss.

if they play with a guy like Fabregas i give him tight marking and make sure my mc or my playmaker who will have good enough def. skills in my team,will have tight maark checked.i'll never leave Fabregas on my offensive mid.'s side.

a couple of more stuff like these that i can't remember right now..

so little things like this really really helped me mantain a stronger def. without effecting the beauty of this tactic.wanted to share with u all.thanks...

@zinedremomeri

i would ilke to ask you something. i had that kind of resutls with my team too. I beat lyon in cl second round in France 0-3 and we were better on everyhing. But suddenly my team started to have bad results.. I dominate the games completely but can't score. Match prep. is still team blend and very high. should i reduce it to average? thanks in advance for your attention...

@zinedremomeri

i would ilke to ask you something. i had that kind of resutls with my team too. I beat lyon in cl second round in France 0-3 and we were better on everyhing. But suddenly my team started to have bad results.. I dominate the games completely but can't score. Match prep. is still team blend and very high. should i reduce it to average? thanks in advance for your attention...

if u don't score enough as u want to : match prep on attacking movement ;)

so i think i did all i could with Galatasaray and Man. city.after five chmps cup wins a euro cup and 6 league titles in 6 seasons.

now i'll give it a break and start a new game with Liverpool.

i implemented the tac. into the creator and wanna exploe if any shouts might make the tactic even more fun.i wanted to c if it would work with the TC all the while...

so i think i did all i could with Galatasaray and Man. city.after five chmps cup wins a euro cup and 6 league titles in 6 seasons.

now i'll give it a break and start a new game with Liverpool.

i implemented the tac. into the creator and wanna exploe if any shouts might make the tactic even more fun.i wanted to c if it would work with the TC all the while...

Implementing it into the TC will mean having to make adjustments to basically all the sliders. Shouts don't effect sliders that are manually adjusted, so it's pointless.

here is what i'm doing lately and it's working pretty good so far...

Good tips mate, I will use these in the tougher games when playing Madrid etc. away.

I still haven't played my first game of the season with Barca yet lol, too busy setting up my backroom staff and scouts based on SFraser threads, gotta create training schedules now and sort out my youth teams :p

Good tips mate, I will use these in the tougher games when playing Madrid etc. away.

I still haven't played my first game of the season with Barca yet lol, too busy setting up my backroom staff and scouts based on SFraser threads, gotta create training schedules now and sort out my youth teams :p

good job :)

Implementing it into the TC will mean having to make adjustments to basically all the sliders. Shouts don't effect sliders that are manually adjusted, so it's pointless.

not individually maybe ur right.but i can still tell'em to play narrower or wider push up higher or drop down and a couple of more stuff like that which i use a lot in a match,that would save me time,which becomes valuable and annoying when u play 60-70 games a season..

Ahh,man,that's exactly what i'm doing with Liverpool,too right now.Maybe i need to chillout and remember,it's a game,lol...

Ahh,man,that's exactly what i'm doing with Liverpool,too right now.Maybe i need to chillout and remember,it's a game,lol...

Lol :p You know when you say mixed forward runs, do you mean 'Run From Deep' or 'Run With Ball'?

i mean run from deep,Gee.my mistake.

@Dan99 i really don't know what i'm gonna do with Carroll.but Suarez yeah i'm doing that.i would like sell Carroll but he just signed so we'll c if he'll fit it with the tac.

Cool, thanks.

I won my first game in charge of Barca, 4-0 :) I signed alot of my promising players from my old team Hearts and it will be good to see how they can handle the step up in level.

I used your setting for most of that first game, and the other team didn't have a shot on target so good job mate.

i mean run from deep,Gee.my mistake.

@Dan99 i really don't know what i'm gonna do with Carroll.but Suarez yeah i'm doing that.i would like sell Carroll but he just signed so we'll c if he'll fit it with the tac.

I'd maybe set your wingers and full abcks to cross sometimes, have Carroll target man to head. Also make him only run with ball sometimes and have him hold the ball up. Could work. Let us know how you get on, and if you do well with Carroll.

mibsweden:

For Barcelona, I increased everybody's Creative Freedom by 3 clicks -- It caused Messi (full creative freedom) to start cutting inside and my fullbacks began to carry the ball forward and into space. I guess Barcelona in real life actually allow Messi, Xavi, etc to do whatever they want. But this is truly a world class team, so I'm not sure how lower teams will perform when given such freedom.

As you all know already, this tactic plays the nicest looking football in the ME compared to any other tactic out there. Well I applied these changes and the way it had my team playing was amazing, I haven't seen anything like it tbh. It was definitely the closest to Barca's style IRL that I have seen on this game.

Everyone should give this a try! Great tweaks, Realmadrid :thup:

this tactics rarely create scoring chances and give very little amount of goals.. i must admit the passing is good though..

In my experience you need really really good strikers with this tactic. Also I think that it is more made for very good teams (at least for the league you are playing in).

Hi again,

I just won the English Premier Division for the third year in a row, and I also won both the FA Cup and the League Cup. Champion's League was disappointing this year, only reaching the first knockout round. Having reached the semi-finals once, quearter-finals once and loosing the final last year I had hoped for a CL win last year, but I will get it 2019! Just wanted to share my success with all of you, and thank you Realmadrid for a great tactic.

Look especially at my yout team and their dominance in their Under 18s group (goal difference +65), I think in the coming years that dominance will pay off :)

Anyways here comes the pictures:

Premier Division table: https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas1970/FM10#5617315387238970082

Under 18s Group table: https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas1970/FM10#5617315390243330626

Treble: https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas1970/FM10#5617315386871281218

Hi again,

I just won the English Premier Division for the third year in a row, and I also won both the FA Cup and the League Cup. Champion's League was disappointing this year, only reaching the first knockout round. Having reached the semi-finals once, quearter-finals once and loosing the final last year I had hoped for a CL win last year, but I will get it 2019! Just wanted to share my success with all of you, and thank you Realmadrid for a great tactic.

Look especially at my yout team and their dominance in their Under 18s group (goal difference +65), I think in the coming years that dominance will pay off :)

Anyways here comes the pictures:

Premier Division table: https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas1970/FM10#5617315387238970082

Under 18s Group table: https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas1970/FM10#5617315390243330626

Treble: https://picasaweb.google.com/thomas1970/FM10#5617315386871281218

witch tactic did you use??

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone tried any of the tactics posted with a national team and had the same success?

yeah mate i used it with Turkey.and finished 3rd in world cup.lost to winners Argentina despite dominating with absence of my only good striker.used mostly the away vers..

then i took England and qualified for europe cup with all wins.i am yet to play the chapionship.but i'm confident of at least semis.

This tac. rocks...

Gee

Can you tell me if you use.

Match preperation , OI's ,

Cheers Mate

The thread has so many different versions and different setups .

I use team blend in pre-season and then usually attacking movement as I feel this tactic is solid enough defensively. I think defensive positioning detracts from it as it reduces the goal threat so I don't use it anymore. If you are underdogs I would instead suggest Attacking Set Pieces.

Check out the stickied thread in tactics discussion here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242575-How-to-Play-FM-A-(Very)-Short-Guide-to-Match-Preparation-Strategies-and-Motivation

I use no OI's just sometimes the defensive tweaks by zinedremomeri in post 1003.

Hope that helps :thup:

I am currently using the HOME version in RealMadrid_2007 OP.........i used the tweaks that he suggested, moving all the players creativity up by 3, i also moved the team instructions creativity up by 3. Both wide men i made cut inside and i use the front man as a target man, moving into the channels, the pass supply is move onto. These are the results todate:

chelseachelseafixtures.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The general opinion is that the 'HOME' and Barkermush's versions are the best. Use either of those two.

Regarding the home tactic.....

1. Is it the one that has "test" in the title?

2. Who is the playmaker in this tactic

3. What are the suggested tweaks for the home tactic?

Archived