Your favourite player?

mista T

Pretty much a response to Reading's post about your most hated player. who is your best signing? mine has to be Rafael Van Der Vaart, rarely injured, bags tons of goals and works his heart out. also he is never in a strop.

Not sure as to who has been my best signing. One would probably be Soren Larsen for my Arsenal team. Though he didn't hit too many goals in the league (10 in the first season), he managed to help me on my way to a Champions League, finishing top scorer in the tournament. The second season saw an increase in domestic goals, but finished second in top scorer for CL.

It's got to be Robin van Persie for my all-conquering Arsenal team. Takes my corners, scores my free kicks and generally runs the attack. I've put him in a central midfield position (with a farrow to ST) because Fabregas is injured and he's been sensational.

I also have a fondness for Giles Barnes (won me my first Champions Cup with the last touch of the game, 20 seconds after Inter had a goal disallowed). I also love James Vaughan. He's not a regular starter for me, but is always brilliant when he does.

Matias Fernandez icon14.gif

available to all middle table clubd at reasonable price

gets 25+ goals and assists

never has a bad day and no tantrums

best thing is wins all awards but still no club comes askin for him which is strange

and best thing is rarely injured

What more do you want?

Used to be Moutinho, has to be Van der Vaart now. Drove my WH side forward and was the key to us breaking the big four, turned down Barcelona, Roma and Man United because he liked working with me, put in the best performance I've ever seen in FM as he drove us to overturn a 4 goal deficit in the CL semi at San Siro, and when he eventually left after four glorious seasons we were lost for six months as Nasri was just completely unable to replicate what he did. Utterly class.

Fave young player is Genero Zeefuik (i think that's how its spelt!) Always buy him straight away before PSV realise his value. Honourable mention also to Henri Saivet & Vanden Borre.

Older player would be Juan Roman Riquelme - always does a job for me supporting the attack and running my midfield

Originally posted by gazeames:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Henri Saivet

Absolute Legend.... After 3 years hes a 30-40 + goal scorer and sells for 40 mill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also the biggest pain in the arse in the world to sign. you offer 1m to bordeaux, contract talks, then he signs a deal with bordeaux.

Mines got to be Diego Buonanotte from River Plate simply for value for money. Costs aout 500k but he has never let me down and he always gets at least 40 assists a season. Also, he is a great way to make money. Once I had him for QPR and after a season and a half I sold him to Man City for 22 Million, I did soon regret it though!!!

Radoslaw Matusiak on original patch. Whatever anyone says he will always be my greatest ever signing, bagging me at least 30 goals a season every season! A bargain 10.5 million I signed him from Crystal Palace, who had originally paid a similar fee to prise him away from Heerenveen.

Cristian Chivu. I picked him up in a January transfer window with my Juventus side and he was worth every penny. Retrained him to cover central and left midfield in addition to his already vast array of positions and he was pure class. Even neutralized C.Ronaldo in a Champions League semifinal a year later, as the left side of a midfield trio.

Can't say more than that, he stole the show from VdV to be Serie A player of the Year and Voted Player of the year by teammates.

One from a player who prefers the lower leagues here

David Winters available on a free at the start of the season and guaranteed to get you 20+ goals a season whether your in the championship or in the Conference North

Matias Fernandez Thumbs Up

available to all middle table clubd at reasonable price

gets 25+ goals and assists

never has a bad day and no tantrums

best thing is wins all awards but still no club comes askin for him which is strange

and best thing is rarely injured

What more do you want?

A chocolate cake every week icon_wink.gif

Buonanotte- Only £50k and has an Italian passport, my first buy on any lower league game. Will always rise to the next challenge, had an oxford game where i bought him in league 2 and he was outstanding, league 1 same, moved with me to west ham in the championship and he was pivotal then in the prem. Even played a big part when I got the Liverpool job.

Originally posted by GavinLP1987:

Brought in this boy as my fourth striker behind Trez, Del Piero and Iaquinta

pav.jpg

Il put up another pic when the seasons over, wether it be good or bad lol

Hey how did you get this pic of the player? I'm sure its to do with facepacks but I have never installed one and just wondered which one you are using here? any help is appreciated!

abdou razack traore...

he only costs 1.5 mil and the stats are amazing...

easily the best young left winger in the game, kicks guardado's ass imo

honourable mention goes to gioda...

again 1.5 mil and is rock solid... also that most rare of attributes... fast

I have a few favourites for different reasons.

Alo Bärengrub is a 23yo Estonian centre back. He can often be signed early in the game for as little as 100k. He keeps developing his attributes well over the years, is never injured and never complains about anything. Best for League 1 & Championship, even though I think he would do a decent job for a Prem side that is lacking funds.

Right back Artur (Arthur) Sorin. Load all french players and sign this young gem for 50k or so.

Bogdan Stancu. What can I tell you? Can be a bit of a diva if not handled correctly (praising when appropriately), but he is often my secret to rising through the leagues. In my current save is is the leading scorer in Premier League and conteder to win best player.

Luis Jimenez. Purely for the value for money. As he is typically my best player, I try to keep him when bigger clubs are asking for him. He often becomes unhappy because of this, but when he is on top of his game, he is absolutely awesome.

Pablo Piatti & Diego Buonanotte - very similar players (age, nationality (Argentina), position, attributes). Both can run like the wind and score some crazy long-distance goals and can be bought early for bargain prices. The both have Italian second nationalities so wp's aren't an issue.

Nengomashe - defensive midfielder for 100k that just runs and wins the ball on the midfield. Never makes a comment about anything in the press.

Archived