FM11: Jamil Adam - lower league goal machine

clokey1988

This guy has been pretty much a must-buy for lower league sides for a while now, but on this FM he is available on a free transfer from the very start. Here he is at the beginning of the game:

JamilAdamProfile_Attributes-2.png

In my experience though, he is pretty hard to get at the start if you aren't League One or above. He wouldn't even talk to me as Luton Town manager in the summer. But wait until January and he should come, he was extremely interested by the New Year and signed for my Luton side on a contract of about 800 pounds sterling a week if I remember rightly.

Since then, well.... take a look and see:

JamilAdamHistory_CareerStats.png

His goals to games ratio is the best I've ever had by far. He can play up front with a partner (as he was in his first two seasons with me), but when I started playing him up front on his own in League One he just became magic. Check out the full season stats from the third season:

JamilAdamProfile_Attributes.png

Simply unstoppable. He could have scored even more if I didn't have a few young talents on loan who I wanted to give game time to so they would have Luton on their favourite clubs; he probably only played the full 90 minutes less than 10 times all season, even though his mega stamina means he is still raring to go after 89 minutes! He also must have a great mentality as he never once got unhappy with being subbed or starting as sub.

I'm not sure exactly what it is that makes him such a great goal-scorer, he is pretty quick for the lower leagues and scores a lot from balls over the top or in behind, but he also seems to be in the right place at the right time for everything, gets a toe on so many crosses he has no right to win.

Anyone else have any experiences with this guy? I think I love him!

Cheers.

He's definitely a lot cheaper in terms of wage demands than Brandy, and at least in my experience there is less competition for his signature (I've seen Brandy snapped up by Championship clubs a few times). Adam also has a higher PA (potentially at least) so more room for development. Brandy is better from the start though, so it depends what league you are in and how quick a fix you are looking for.

Cheers.

I managed to get him in BSP with Lewes on very low wages, playing him as an Advanced forward as a lone striker in a 4-5-1,he scored around 50 goals (majority in the league as I tended to rest him in the cups). Still tempted to resign him at Palace where I am currently at on that save.

Archived