[FM11]Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - National Hero to Global Icon (hopefully...)

rancer890

How did you get hime to change his mind? I have a player retiring on my save and I still feel he has alot to offer so if theres a way to make him change his mind then I'll definitely look into it!

Well done on winning the league again...just unfortunate you couldnt finish the job in the playoffs, but thats knockout football i guess!!

What now? Will you stay on in Victoria or are you looking at other jobs?

I actually didn't do anything. I realized he wanted to retire right after I signed him and I played him a lot. He probably decided not to retire because he felt he could still play at a high level (at least the PDL level :p). I plan on staying with Victoria for a while. The PDL is a half star league anyways so I won't get much interest anywhere else. Consistently winning might be a good way to get up the leagues. I want to naturalize some Canadians till they can get onto the national team anyways. :)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually didn't do anything. I realized he wanted to retire right after I signed him and I played him a lot. He probably decided not to retire because he felt he could still play at a high level (at least the PDL level :p). I plan on staying with Victoria for a while. The PDL is a half star league anyways so I won't get much interest anywhere else. Consistently winning might be a good way to get up the leagues. I want to naturalize some Canadians till they can get onto the national team anyways. :)

The Canadian national team needs all the help it can get ;P

The Canadian national team needs all the help it can get ;P

That's true. We lost a lot of players IRL already. I love it though that Teal Bunbury doesn't have a single senior cap for Canada or the US in my save. :D

I really hope I can naturalize a few more foreigners as well. Michael Williams could be decent with the Canadian team if he's eligible. He can't be any worse than the current group. :)

2015 Season Preview - Victoria Highlanders - PDL Northwest

highlanderslogo.jpg

Media Prediction - 1st

PDL Northwest Expectations - win the PDL Northwest

Wage Budget - $195k (currently spending: $196,739)

Transfer Budget - $30

Not sure why they gave me $30 for transfer budget. :D

I think this current budget should keep us competitive. Once again, I'll try to keep us around the $200k mark after some wheeling and dealing.

Starting to become as boring as Raware's save. ;)

Nah, Raware's save is more boring. :p

Surely it'll never be that boring?!

Well all you're doing is winning. You need some challenges. :p

You buy me lunch with that, I'll become a naturalized Canadian!

But can ya play football? ;)

2015 Off-season Transfers - Victoria Highlanders - PDL Northwest

highlanderslogo.jpg

Transfers

Not the transfer window I hoped for, but hopefully it's enough.

Justin Morrow - veteran player of the MLS. A former 2010 2nd round draft pick of San Jose, he has played for Colorado, Chicago, and Seattle.

Alexander Prent - the 31 year old began his career with NEC of the Dutch Eredivisie, with a year on loan to FC Oss of the Jupiler League, before leaving the Netherlands for Sweden and Allsvenskan outfit Halmstad, playing 32 games in 3 seasons, scoring 2 goals. From 2011 to 2014, he played in Norway, first with non-league side Tromsdalen for 2 seasons, and the latter 2 seasons with Alta. The Utrecht native crossed the Atlantic for the 1st time to play soccer in Canada.

Ashtone Morgan - he came out of the TFC Academy. After minimal playing time with the Academy team (2 games in 2 seasons), Morgan decided to go to school in the States with Clemson University before signing with the Victoria Highlanders after his sophomore season.

Martin Dedyn - the 26 year old Argentine spent his entire career in Argentina and Chile, with C.A.I. de Chubut (2008-11), Defensa y Justica (2011-15), and a season (2013) with Chilean side Everton.

Lee Todd - first English signing and former West Brom youth. He's on high wages so if I don't playing him enough I'm selling him at the end of the season

---

Hopefully this is enough to win another title..I keep getting reports I'm the favourite for the South China job but we'll see. All these rumours are making me want to look for another club and another challenge. :)

Nah, Raware's save is more boring. :p

I agree! :D

Well all you're doing is winning. You need some challenges. :p

Nothing wrong with winning! :D I agree though, I think I need a new challenge now. I think I might start looking for a new job.

I agree! :D

Thanks for agreeing :p

Nothing wrong with winning! :D I agree though, I think I need a new challenge now. I think I might start looking for a new job.

I fancy a new challenge as well. The only problem is the fact that I don't want to holiday 4 years just to get some obscure Amateur team. I really have nothing left to accomplish here. The board refuses to give me a parent club and they don't want to expand my budget. I kinda want to be in a league with the opportunity for a promotion.

June 27, 2015

Ricky Nakano has resigned as the manager of the Victoria Highlanders. "I have enjoyed my time as the manager of the Victoria Highlanders. I have decided to resign to pursue new challenges elsewhere in the football world. I am thankful for the opportunity to manage the club for my 1st managerial job and I will never forget the experiences and friendships that emerged and flourished during my time in Victoria."

July 9, 2015

Rejected: PSM (Indonesia) - 2nd tier - $25.5k transfer budget, $625k wage budget, $482k current wage

Rejected: Persela (Indonesia) - 2nd tier - $0k transfer budget, $500k wage budget, $561k current wage

July 15, 2015

Accepted: Persipura (Indonesia) - 2nd tier - $0k transfer budget, $925k, $671k current wage

---

It's not exactly the club I wanted, but it's not a bad job. :)

Perispura Jayapura

Perispura.png

Perispura are a professional team based in the 2nd tier Divisi Utama Liga Indonesia. They play in a 25,000 capacity Mandala (7000 seated) with fairly basic training facilities and basic youth facilities + academy, and basic youth recruitment. They won the top flight Djarum ISL in 2013/14 only to get relegated the next season. As for contract terms, it's $75,000 a year till June 2018.

My goal is to get them back into the top flight and to the Asian Champions League.

Pretty decent stadium size, you likely to fill it? Good luck in Indonesia :thup:

We'll fill it every once in a while but average attendance wise it's usually half full. It's going to be a big challenge because atm I'm having trouble finding players to sign for the team. The debt isn't that big of a deal to me since this club has way more resources and potential than at Victoria.

If some of you don't know, I played my own challenge in FM10 with Persma Mamado, so I do have experience managing in this country and it's rules. The difference between last year and this year is the fact that clubs now have youth intakes so developing youth facilities will actually be useful.

2015-16 Season Review - Perispura Jayapura - Divisi Utama Liga Indonesia

Perispura.png

First Phase Standings | 2nd Phase Standings | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - Fantastic season but I really just did what I was supposed to do - promotion back to the Super League. We lost the 3rd place game but I can really care less because promotion was all I wanted.

Piala Indonesia - A very exciting road to a trophy! I can really only say the 1st Round was the easiest, and the rest were a big challenge. It got really hard in the 4th Round against Persija, who were in 1st in the Super League at the time, but we went to a 2-0 lead in the 1st leg only to lose it all back quickly, but we scored enough to advance. PSAP were also near the top in the next round but we survived in the 2nd leg and won on penalties. We met eventual Super League winners in the Semis, and we carried a 2-2 draw heading into the 2nd leg, which to my surprise we won with ease. The Final was against a fellow Divisi Utama side PSIM, and whoever won would get a Champions League Preliminary Round spot. After a nervous beginning, we won 3-1, and thus we're going back to the Champions League!

Transfers - The only transfers I made with the loans, and Jimmy Suparno

Jimmy Suparno - the veteran striker was what we needed. He is getting up there in age, but I was pleased with his 12 goals and 5 assists in all competitions.

Squad - Went through a feeling through process all year. There's definitely room for improvement here.

MVP - none - unfair since this was my first season knowing the squad. Let's just say it was a team effort to get Persipura back to the top flight.

Overview | Facilities | Affiliations | Finances

Summary

Year        Team                 Country       League           Position                       Notes and Info  Attendance
2011        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         3rd                                  N/A       1,496
2012        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                   Lost Playoff Final       1,512
2013        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                        PDL Champions       1,558    
2014        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st             Lost Western Conf. Final       1,572
2015        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         N/A                     Resigned June 27       1,574
2015-2016   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Divisi Utama          1st   Piala Indonesia winners, Promotion      13,060                                                     

2016-17 Season Preview - Persipura Jayapura - Djarum Indonesia Super League

Perispura.png

Media Prediction - 11th

Super League Expectations - Avoid Relegation

Piala Indonesia Expectations - Reach Quarter-Final

TV Rights - $212k

Wage Budget - $2 million (currently spending: $707,593)

Transfer Budget - $55

I'm incredible jealous of that TV money. :D

Me too. Never had TV money in this save yet. :p

A nice big wage budget to play with! :O

No way am I going to go near that $2 million. Wages will be probably be $800k at most.

not such a good transfer budget though... :p

Allocate some wage budget into transfer budget. Now I have transfer budget. ;)

Also rejected job offer from the Indonesian National Team. I don't fancy international management yet and the national team doesn't have much talent...

So here you are rancer :D

Good luck with this career. Seems you are off to a good start so far. Best of luck in Indonesia :)

Bout time you realized DodgeeD. :D

And cheers. Hopefully I'll have a good season in the top flight. :)

2016-17 Off-season Transfes - Persipura Jayapura - Djarum Indonesia Super League

Perispura.png

Transfers

Lots of moves to improve the club.

Muhammad Lubis - signed on June 1st, he's a good player for the $22k I bought him for

Francis Serge - quality foreigner for this league. He can play left and right midfielder

Andika Yudistira Lubis - Indonesian international who played in the Super League the last 4 seasons

Eko Prasetyo - veteran depth centre back

Imam Sugiarto - young Indonesian with potential to be a solid contributor

Tommy Kasim - new left back who should do well given his experience in the Super League

Hariano - Indonesian international who should be a good acquisition this season given his past performances in the Super League

Rafael Diogenes - not exactly my 1st choice, but he's young and versatile. He scored 13 goals with a Brazilian Serie B team in 2014 so he should be pretty good.

One future transfer:

Kerlie Ezeh - another quality centre back for this league. He should help the defense if he can settle quickly.

--

So we're already at the foreigner limit (5), but I might have another striker signed, we'll see what happens since he rejected my contract several times.

Excellent first season in Indonesia mate :thup:. How's that avoiding relegation expectation going?

I can safely assure you there's no chance we're going down. Actually, we're on the far end of the other side of the table. ;)

2016-17 Season Review - Perispura Jayapura - Djarum Indonesia Super League

Perispura.png

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - A quality season saw us finish 3rd, way above the media prediction of 11th.

Piala Indonesia - Terrible performance, getting knocked out in the 1st Round

AFC Champions League - Disappointing that we didn't make it to the Group Stages, the money would have helped.

AFC Cup - We did well in the Group Stages, finishing 2nd, despite the fact we were 1st until the last game as Home United beat us. I really wanted 1st because if we won the group, we would have the Second Round one leg match at home, but we'll be travelling somewhere. We stay in Singapore to face Tampines again, and once again, we won, to advance to the Quarter-Finals. An appearance in the Finals guarantees an preliminary round spot in the next ACL, so that's what I'm aiming for.

Transfers - Busy season for transfers as we prepared for a season looking to stay in the Super League

Francis Serge - he was dependable all season, although initially he was a little inconsistent. Very well disciplined unlike the rest of the squad...

Andika Yudistira Lubis - only player in the team, and only 1 of 2 players in the entire league to finish in the double digits in goals and assists.

Eko Prasetyo - he was a little shaky all season, as were most of my defense.

Imam Sugiarto - another centre back who was a little inconsistent all season

Tommy Kasim - did alright in the games he played

Hariono - the Indonesian international performed well in his 1st season with the club

Rafael Diogenes - the Brazilian made a decent impact this season, although I want a foreigner who can take the team to the next level

Squad - This squad has depth, and everyone was useful.

Awards

Overview | Facilities | Affiliations | Finances

Summary

Year        Team                 Country       League           Position                       Notes and Info  Attendance
2011        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         3rd                                  N/A       1,496
2012        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                   Lost Playoff Final       1,512
2013        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st                        PDL Champions       1,558    
2014        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         1st             Lost Western Conf. Final       1,572
2015        Victoria Highlanders Canada        PDL Northwest         N/A                     Resigned June 27       1,574
2015-2016   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Divisi Utama          1st   Piala Indonesia winners, Promotion      13,060
2016-2017   Persipura Jayapura   Indonesia     Djarum ISL            3rd                                  N/A      13,422                                                            

Great first season in the Super League :thup:

Shame the finances are looking dire, hopefully you can maintain the AFC Cup run.

Cheers AK22.

Yes, I'm surprised we didn't make any profit this year (lost $200k if the screenie look too blurry for some of you) even though we sold Ezeh for $700k upfront. Ground maintenace was nearly $1 million, and match day expenses was over $1 million. There's really no hope unless attendance goes up and we have a great AFC Cup run.

2017-18 Season Preview - Persipura Jayapura - Djarum Indonesia Super League

Perispura.png

Media Prediction - 3rd

Super League Expectations - Top Half Finish

Piala Indonesia Expectations - Reach Quarter-Final

AFC Cup - Enjoy Participating

TV Rights - $212k

Wage Budget - $875k (currently spending: $865,293)

Transfer Budget - $100k

I rejected the offer of a new contract because of they cut the wage budget by a whole lot, and the fact is that if we don't win the league, get in the ACL, or win Piala Indonesia, I probably don't want to come back anyways. And cheers Flamers. :)

Where do you fancy like heading next?

South Korea or Australia. Although I'm probably still be with a club in debt. Europe is fine too. I won't go back to North America unless it's an NASL team at least.

Or even a national team full time (even though it'll probably get boring quick).

Congrats on those 2 seasons in Indonesia Rancer. Must be disspaointing to finish in a lowly position like 3rd ;)

Will it be the league title this year do you reckon?

Winning the league isn't a priority, getting back to the ACL is. If I don't qualify for the ACL through either (1) getting the AFC Cup, (2) winning the league, or (3) winning the Piala Indonesia cup competition, I would call the season a disappointment. Asian competitions is important for getting some revenue (and getting my rep up) and missing out would really put the club in worse shape.

I think we do have what it takes to win the league though.

Money is always a problem in the lower leagues... Best of luck in the cup run!

cerud

Money is a problem throughout east Asia, although China seems to be the best of the bunch. I know Indonesia is nearly impossible to make any money unless you win ACL. South Korea and Australia you can bleed money left and right as well.

2017-18 Off-season Transfes - Persipura Jayapura - Djarum Indonesia Super League

Perispura.png

Transfers

Riki Ibrahiam - hopefully he helps out the defense, because we need the help and my backline is getting old.

Gerard Diop - hopefully this foreigner will help us this season. Worse case my chairman sells him for a $850k upfront fee 6 months later...

Leaving the club are players who have no role at the club.

---

As I prepare for the last year of my contract, I'm keeping my options. I'll let the season play itself out if it's not going too terribly.

Hey rancer! Where did you get the lower Canadian leagues? Have they been stable for you?

I got them from here. The US and Canadian files crash in August 2011 if you load them together though. I'm in the process of creating logos for NCAA and some other leagues.

It's still stable now, as I haven't had one single crash in this save. :D

Gerard Diop looks class rancer! I'd be hanging onto him if I were you!

Hopefully we can hang onto him. The chairman sold Ezeh over my head so I'm quite sure if there's a large enough bid upfront Diop will probably leave against my will (although the money would be nice). There's always replacements because I check transfer rumours often and agents offer me players from Africa every now and then.

Scout like mad ;) I am now at 19 scouts and have had 16 for god knows how many seasons. All you need is 1 good one and loads of half decent ones :)

This is Asia mate. I'm already at my foreigner limit. My best bet is to acquire as much of the Indonesian national team as I can. :D

The newgen scouts all have 3 determination so I have to find retired real players who become scouts..

Ah, play the long game. After x years (5 in my case) they become nationals ;) Is the limit in the squad or match day squad?

Indonesians don't acquire days to get nationality. No limit in league play but in the ACL/AFC Cup, the limit is 4 foreigners in match day squad.

I have probably 8 months left on my contract so I'll just keep managing for now. I'll be with the club for the 1st half of 2018 barring a terrible league finish.

Archived