Mateo Kovacic - the Next Modric.

f0rmat

hfUy6.png

This guy is quite similar to Modric is a lot of ways. He is looking quite good for his age, and still got a fair bit to improve according to ass man.

Reckon he'll be a star in years to come, especially after having him tutored by Modric himself!

Good with both feet too.

Great player, seen him around a few times. Never seen him fully developed though which if something im looking to do.

How much did you get him for?

I think he'll become better than Modric.

£1.5m on the first season, although he can't join until 2012.

I bought him in my Bayern save, albeit that I have to wait until he turns 18. Really stupid thing is he rarely plays for the first team, yet they leave him rotting there doing nothing, plays on the odd times. The guy is 16 years old, they never put him in the U19, like they do irl, but does have tremendous potential

I bought him in my Bayern save, albeit that I have to wait until he turns 18. Really stupid thing is he rarely plays for the first team, yet they leave him rotting there doing nothing, plays on the odd times. The guy is 16 years old, they never put him in the U19, like they do irl, but does have tremendous potential

That is frustrating. He played over 50 first team games for Dinamo, scoring 11 goals and making 13 assists with numerous MOTM awards. I'm sure it helped him a fair amount in his development.

That is frustrating. He played over 50 first team games for Dinamo, scoring 11 goals and making 13 assists with numerous MOTM awards. I'm sure it helped him a fair amount in his development.

What season is that? surely can't be first, I am in my second season and only starts about twice every 2 months, the only reason why he is kept match fit is because of his regular appearences for the Croatia U19

I think the reason it must be is because you don't choose the Croatian league, I choose it so therefore they have much more real players I guess. If you do have the league in your chosen databse must be because of spite that he is joining me

Oooh... I'd not seen this thread before.

Third season into my save, I signed him from Dinamo for 1.7m and looks like I could have a bargain. :)

I've already registered him as part of my Granada CF squad, so he'll be getting plenty of first team action, to help develop his attributes.

I don't know how I stumbled over him, because I'd never heard of him before FM11 (and assumed until now he was a regen). Some clever scout, probably.

But yes, he's really good (helps that I had the likes of Pastore to tutor him). Assists galore, as my pic shows. Only black marks are his lack of goalscoring ability and his small size, and they may not trouble you depending on where and how he's played.

How do you guys think he will play on the right wing as an inside forward support. He looks quite similar to Hazard and he is great there.

Kovacic is coming at the end of this season and I don't think he will get much game time at AMC with Fabregas and Paulo Henrique there.

At AMR I have Hazard, Nasri, Walcott and Miyachi as well as Arshavin. Miyaichi and Arshavin are likely to be sold so Nasri will be moved to the AML position. This would mean more game time for Kovacic.

Having just signed him at 18 years of age, my plan is to work on his positional abilities for both the left and right wings. I would hope I can get them both up from currently "Unconvincing", to at least "Competent".

He's "fairly strong" on his left foot and "very strong" on his right. With better positional ratings on the wings, this should allow him to be good on either side as an inside forward or winger.

Although his "Natural" position is AMC and he's pretty handy there, for my own preferences, he doesn't have good enough teamwork and work rate attributes.

Archived