Breaking news: Hungarian Government to invest 1 billion Euros in football!

Hungary has to be one of the nations that has fallen the most in terms of football success. They were successful on both national and club level, but now it is a different story.

The scenario for this experiment is as follows: Hungarian Government has decided to change things, and are going to invest 1 billion Euros in football. This amount will be spread equally among 10 teams, 9 of them being past champions (those that are still active in top two tiers) and tenth club Videoton Fehervar, because of it's participation in Europe, as well as past successes in European competitions.

So, here is the list of clubs that will be getting the money:

Ferencváros - 28 titles

MTK - 23 titles

Újpest - 20 titles

Honvéd - 13 titles

Vasas - 6 titles

Debrecen - 5 titles

Győri ETO - 3 titles

Vác - 1 title

ZTE - 1 title

Videoton Fehérvár - (IRL they won their first title in 2011)

All clubs except Vác play in Hungarian 1st league.

Main aim of this experiment is to see how Hungarian nation will progress in Europe with all this money. At the start of the game they are ranked 36th, with coefficient of 6.750. I will be taking over Honved, and cheer for other clubs in European competitions.

I will load top tiers of all European leagues, plus Argentina nad Brazil. In Hungary, I will load all playable leagues (two tiers).

It will be also interesting to see if some sort of success money might bring will attract more crowd to league games, as average attendance atm is just around 2.500.

Stay tuned...

Time for first update, after the summer transfer window.

Top transfers

Teams didn't spend so much money, but it's positive that more money was spent on incoming transfers to Hungarian league, than earned by selling players abroad.

Here are profiles of top 5 players, sorted by transfer fees:

Geraldo

Ayman Abdennour

Khaled Lemmouchia

Krisztian Vermes - interesting domestic transfer

Felipe Lopes

Finally, here are the results of Hungarian clubs in Europe . They managed to further lower nation coefficient. :rolleyes:

More updates after the winter transfer window, including league table.

I brought quite a lot players to Honvéd, so it will take a while for them to gel. One of European spots is my goal for this season.

Winter transfer window closed, so it's time for more updates.

Top transfers

Profiles of some of top winter acquisitions:

Matias Sanchez - looks quite average for a 10 mil player. I am not sure he would be guaranteed first team spot in my Honvéd team.

Araruama

Dario Bottinelli

Mohammed Abou Trika - easily my best player. He was transfer listed, so I got him cheap.

League table - mostly as expected. I have good chances to qualify for Europe.

Archived