hjfh

thelutontownthreadedite.jpg

Information

Founded: 1885

Chariman Status: Loves the club

Nickname: The Hatters

Legends: Mick Harford, Brian Stein, Rick Hill

Icons: John Moore, David Preece, Syd Owen, David Pleat

Favoured Personnel: Steve Foster, Kevin Nicholls, Steve Howard, Keith Keane, George Pilkington, Mark Tyler

Fierce Rivals: Watford

Other Rivals: QPR, Stevenage, MK Dons

Finances: Okay

Average ticket price: £16

Average season ticket price: £325

Season ticket holders: 4000

Estimated value: £975K

Minimum expectation: Win the Blue Square Premier

Transfer budget: £0

Wage budget: £25K per week

41271576.jpg

Kenilworth Road

Squad analysis

Goalkeepers

Mark Tyler - A great first choice keeper, arguably the best in the division.

Kevin Pilkington - Adequete back up but getting on, you might want to replace him.

Defenders

Curtis Osano - Quick and strong right back who can play across defence.

Dan Gleeson - Good right back but will only be back up.

Shane Blackett - A tall defender who can play centre or left, injury prone.

George Pilkington - Club captain and very consistent.

Will Antwi - Strong Ghanaian centre back.

Dean Beckwith - Centre back who's great in the air but lacks pace.

Fred Murray - Irish left back who is great at getting foward.

Ed Asafu-Adjaye - Right back but can play anywhere in defence, good back up.

Alex Lacey - promising centre back.

Midfielders

Keith Keane - Fan favourite and vice captain. He is strongest playing as a defensive midfielder but can play right back and even centre back if need be.

Jake Howells - Welsh U21 international, best left sided player at the club.

Godfrey Poku (On loan at Southport) - Promising defensive midfielder.

Jonathan O'Donnell - Young left winger.

John Paul 'Messi' Kissock - Attacking midfielder with good technical attributes.

Adam Watkins - Promising attacking midfielder and Luton Town fan!

Jamie Hand - Defensive midfielder on loan from Hayes & Yeading, good at winning the ball and passing.

Paul Carden - Past it player-coach.

Alex Lawless - Technically good central midfielder.

James Dance - Right winger, great crosser of the ball.

Robbie Wilmott - Quick and skillful - can play on both wings.

38715224.jpg

Captain George Pilkington wins a header

Strikers

Amari Morgan-Smith - Quick striker/winger.

Aaron O'Connor - Fast winger/striker, back up player.

Danny Crow - Good finisher but quite slow.

Matthew Barnes-Homer (On loan at Rochdale) - Quick striker, good at dribbling and finishing.

Dan Walker (On loan at Southport) - Promising ex Bedford Town striker.

Colin Samuel - Experienced Trinidad and Tobago international striker, can he still offer something?

Stuart Fleetwood - Best striker at the club, good finsher and quick.

Where to strengthen?

The squad is strong with a lot of depth. However, depending how you play, you could do with a target man type striker. Mark Tyler and Kevin Pilkington are getting on so a younger keeper would be useful.

Youth Team

There are several talented players in the youth team, Newman Carney is the most promising.

Staff

Manager - Gary Brabin

Assistant Manager - Alan Neilson

Player-coach - Paul Carden

Youth coach - Paul Driver

Youth coach - Gregg Broughton

GK coach - Dmitry Kharin

Physio - Simon Parsell

Reccomended XI

Tyler

Osano-Pilkington-Beckwith-Howells

Dance-Lawless-Keane-Wilmott

Fleetwood-Crow

Possible signings

?

Why be Luton Town?

Getting Luton back into the Football League and up the divisions is a great challenge. After 2 seasons of BSP play off failure will it be third time lucky?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

took luton to premier league champions on fm11 but got no intention of going back on fm12, sorry!!! my starmen from the starting squad were george pilkington who is very good in the air and a leader, keith keane who is just too good for this league and robbie wilmott who got loads of assists for me in league 2 and the bsp. some of the bargains you can sign for luton on the game makes it fun as well . hope anybody who gives it a go enjoys it as much as what i did.

I've just got to the end of the transfer window. 6th in the league, 3 wins and 3 draws.

I've brought in the following:

Izzy Iriekpen - free transfer

Akwasi Asante- loan from Birmingham

Matteo Alberti - loan from QPR

Stern John - free transfer

Curtis Weston - free transfer from Gillingham

Exodus Geohaghan - loan from Leyton Orient

Joe Whight - loan from Ipswich

Tresor Kandol - free transfer

Aaron McCarey - loan from Wolves

I released Charlie Henry, Freddie Murray, Kevin Pilkington and Dan Gleeson. I also let Alan Neilson go and brought Brian Stein back to be my assistant! ;)

I've been playing 4-4-1-1 with Fleetwood or John up front and Kissock as an attacking midfielder.

It's much harder to get decent loans this year. On FM11 I had Ravel Morrison, Will Keane and some other stars in the making on loan in the first season, now they hardly want to know. I did eventually manage to get Aaron Wildig on loan from Cardiff though, looks decent for this level.

Signed a young left back from Swindon for 2.5k, I forget his name, but he is okay, better than Murray even if he was fit and means Jake Howells can play further forward sometimes. Signed another defender for a nominal fee, I've completely forgotten his name and where he came from! He is a natural centre back but can play left or right back as well and has been outstanding so far, great cover for the injured Pilkington. The only downside is he is weak in the air, but alongside Antwi or Beckwith he does just fine. I will find out his name when I start playing again later!

Make sure you sign Jamil Adam if you are playing as Luton... still an absolute beast at this level, tearing teams apart. I've mostly been playing him up front on his own, with Kissock and Amari Morgan-Smith on the wings... tried getting a 4-4-2 to work but it was very inconsistent. Jamil has a goal a game, AMS has hit 5 goals and 5 assists in 10 games (not bad, can't wait until he gets a boost in one of the patches to reflect how awesome he is in real life), Kissock similar. Robbie Willmott started well but then got injured, out for 2-3 months :( Lawless and Keane have both been excellent. Fleetwood hasn't really got going yet though, struggling to get him into any form.

Sold the Kevin Foley sell-on clause which gave me some money to play with. Sold Danny Crow and Dan Gleeson, sold them both under-value just because they were on way too big a chunk of wage for their ability, but I did get nominal fees for both which covered my own spending in the market and reduced the wage bill at the same time. Sacked Carden by mutual consent because he should never have been given a contract in the first place. Looking forward to offloading some more of the dead-wood (Colin Samuel and possibly Antwi) in January when their contracts expire.

Cheers.

I'm in January of the first season now, second in the league. I've signed Dave Hibbert from Peterborough on loan and a DM called Alassane D'iaye on a free.

John Paul Kissock and Jake Howells have been my stand out players.

Squad

The formation i play is a 4-2-3-1

I've been trying to get Drury and Spillane back but they don't seem interested ;) Fleetwood seems to have done well for you, i've got him transfer listed at the moment.

I've been trying to get Drury and Spillane back but they don't seem interested ;) Fleetwood seems to have done well for you, i've got him transfer listed at the moment.

I only got Drury and Spillane because they were on a free and Fleetwood got top goalscorer in the BSP and League 2

Sorted the Screenshot issue out. Forgot that I need to be in windowed mode.

Just beginning my second season as the mighty Luton Town so thought I'd offer an update out.

Firstly, I think this game is very realistic! Its harder to sign players on loan which I think is great! But I love all the minor detail too! Also, I was 2-0 up at Ebbsfleet in the 90th minute and somehow managed to screw it up!

ebbsfleetscrewup.th.jpg

I Finished as Champions, only just, in the first season. Was pushed all the way by Gateshead, who at one point, were 2 games behind me and 1 point in front. But they bottled it towards the end of the season. Heres the final League table and my transfers for the first season.

bsbptable.th.jpg

bsbptransfers.th.jpg

I used the loan market a fair bit through the season. Had to cover an injury to Stuart Fleetwood for the final 2 months of the season, but also found a few free transfer gems too. And for the record, Jon Shaw is a goal machine! Scored 38 league goals last

Ended the season with around 25 players all out of contract, so went about looking at who to keep and who to release. Released quite a few mor than I thought I would, but have managed to pick up a few decent players on freebies in the summer, as well as shelling out a fair bit on a ccouple of decent players. The big signing for me this summer was Adam Le Fondre from Reading. The guy is proven at this level, and with Fleetwood next to him i'm hoping for big things this season! First game of new season was away at Hereford where we managed a nice and comfortable 5-0 win, even missing a penalty in the process (some things never change!)

Heres my summer transfers..

summertransfers1.th.jpg

for those interested, I play a 442 formation, with high attacking wingers.

Any questions let me know, but I hope this is helpful to someone!

Claude was a bargain on a free I believe. Still one of my best midfielders. Creates goals and scores them too! Turned down League 1 and 2 clubs to sign for me. I signed Enoch purely as a back up player for the new season. I felt I was lacking some attacking threat, and because he can also play on the wing I guessed he would be very useful this season.

With JPK, he never played too well for me. I dont think my tactics suited his style and he spent most of the first season in my reserves. He them came to me and asked to move, so I let him go. How did you get the best from him?

He's been absolutely awesome on the wings for me. I have him and Amari swapping wings and both are average about 7.65 in December of the first season. JPK's stats have also improved quite a bit. He seems to work best on the left, cutting inside, dribbling across the edge of the area and then slotting a pass through for Jamil Adam, who has hit 25 goals in about 20 games (4 or 5 of which were as a sub).

Stupid uni work is stopping me playing much, haven't even made it to the first transfer window, but I am undefeated in all competitions going into December and am about 10 points clear of nearest challengers Fleetwood. If only real life was like this :-(

Cheers.

Absolutely destroyed the league in the end. Won it with about 10 games to go, only lost one game all season. Won the FA Trophy too which was a nice bonus.

Mostly thanks to Jamil Adam, who had one of the best goal-scoring seasons I've ever had on an FM game. What a beast!

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes.png

Other star performers were JPK:

JohnPaulKissockOverview_Attributes.png

Amari:

AmariMorgan-SmithOverview_Attributes.png

And my marquee signing in January, Tom Craddock! He was transfer-listed, couldn't get in the Oxford team after the injury he starts with so became unhappy. His stats aren't amazing but as soon as I saw he was available I had to buy him because I love him in real life! Had a fair chunk of budget left as I let a lot of players go in January so in came Tommy and did a great job.

TomCraddockOverview_Attributes.png

Started the second season with mostly the same team, bought in a few loans (notably Roland Bergkamp and Ryan Tunnicliffe, also Andy Drury) and some free transfers (Conrad Logan and Dean Brill to replace Tyler and Kevin Pilkington, both were out of contract and stats had dropped massively, also the young centre-mid from Man Utd reserves with great set-pieces, completely forgotten his name!!).

Started the second season on fire, won 3 and drawn one from the first 4 league games with Jamil Adam averaging 2 goals per game!! His valuation is up to half a million, glad I got him to agree a new long-term contract at the end of season one! I beat Ipswich in the first round of the League Cup as well, but then lost 8-3 away to Fulham... Curtis Osano is a liability against good teams!

Cheers.

No-one else playing Luton? Booo!

Won League 2 in the second season, quite easily as well although not quite as easily as the Conference. Jamil Adam was once again the main main, hitting nearly 60 goals in all competitions. He would easily have cleared the 60 mark but he had a barren patch with about 15 games to go, only scored 1 in 6 games!

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-2.png

Tommy Craddock also had a great season, winning League 2 Player of the Year. A good goal return as well considering he spent as much time wide-left as he did up front.

DanClokeNews_Inbox.png

Oliver Norwood was a beast in CM, got the most assists in the league. Kissock struggled to recreate his form from the first season, so I brought in Andy Drury who did well, almost pipping Norwood to the top amount of assists. The loan market actually gets a lot easier to exploit in the second season as people get transfer-listed etc. After January I had Adam Le Fondre and Sam Baldock in on loan, not paying a penny for their wages.

Also had a quality looking regen come through the ranks and pretty much straight into my first team. He became my youngest ever scorer on his debut. High hopes for this one:

KwesiPayneOverview_Attributes.png

Coming towards the end of pre-season in League 1 now, and to be honest the transfer market has become a bit silly! Nick Owen announced a link with Norwich out of nowhere, so I thought I would check if anyone good was available to loan. I noticed they had transfer listed Anthony Pilkington and Bradley Johnson so I cheekily asked for both on loan... and they both came! No fee, no wages, and both way, way too good for this League. Also renewed Sam Baldock's loan deal from West Ham free of charge. On the younger side, I brought in Zeli Ismael from Wolves, Nathan Chalobah from Chelsea and Adam Cambell, who now plays for Man City on my game. Finally, in came Carl Jenkinson from Arsenal, another who is way too good for this level.

I let a lot of players go as they weren't worth renewing their contracts. In fact the only people I have left from the original squad are Keano and Jake Howells I think. For some bizaare reason both Norwich (Prem) and Brighton (Championship) wanted Dean Brill off me, so I sold him for 50k. Replaced him with Sam Johnstone, a 20 year old decent prospect released by Man Utd. He'll be perfect back-up to Conrad Logan for this season I hope.

There are a LOT of good free transfers available. I've barely spent a penny and got a squad I feel can really challenge for promotion again.

Cheers.

Heres my ins and outs for 1st season so far

luton1stseason.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Currently 1.5k over the wage budget, but i have 5 or so youngsters that im trying to put out on loan for full wages paid by other club which should put me under the budget by a few hundred.

I have very high hopes for this team as several players are in my opinion, league1/championship quality, with the likes of Scorza, Boakye, Blanchard, Paco Sanchez, Bart webers and anderson costa.

with the added experience in Rui Marques and Ben thatcher, aswell as qpr reservee Matteo Alberti.

found several youngsters that im hopeful about, especially Ricardo Gray.

How did you manage to get so many players in?

i get like 4 in and then have no room for any more.

Is it because you release lots?

Yeah i released all the players that were injured, and a few other new arrivals that were not to my liking, i also terminated the loan of some guy forget his name at the moment, the only player i couldnt release because the board stopped me was beckwith, i also try(and mostly succeed) at loaning all youngsters that arent in my plans out for 100percent of there wages paid by the other club, i cancel all friendlies and set up friendlies with bigger teams, say arsenal, tottenham, man city and the likes this brings in alot of income to balance the money spent on releasing, also ask your board to look for a parent team this brings in a little bit of extra cash a year and makes you able to loan in players from that specific team a bit easier, and lastly i ask them to increase the wage budget but it doesnt always succeed, they increased it to £29,030 when i asked at the end of july.

with all that i have managed to free up between 10k-12k in wages which allowed me to bring in virtually a whole team

Yeah i released all the players that were injured, and a few other new arrivals that were not to my liking, i also terminated the loan of some guy forget his name at the moment, the only player i couldnt release because the board stopped me was beckwith, i also try(and mostly succeed) at loaning all youngsters that arent in my plans out for 100percent of there wages paid by the other club, i cancel all friendlies and set up friendlies with bigger teams, say arsenal, tottenham, man city and the likes this brings in alot of income to balance the money spent on releasing, also ask your board to look for a parent team this brings in a little bit of extra cash a year and makes you able to loan in players from that specific team a bit easier, and lastly i ask them to increase the wage budget but it doesnt always succeed, they increased it to £29,030 when i asked at the end of july.

with all that i have managed to free up between 10k-12k in wages which allowed me to bring in virtually a whole team

Cheers mate, thats helped loads actually!

Also who would you strongly recommend on signing first?

well my primary players i aim for straight away are E.Boakye(rightback) on about 1k a week, Enzo Scorza(Striker)he happily comes for 1.5k p/w but with release clause, b.Chabert(goalkeeper) very good goalkeeper for lower lgs ive found, maxime blanchard(CB, can play rightback), anderson costa is my other priority striker but he wants the most wages of all my targets usually 1.7-2k wages but doesnt ask for a clause. yohan guichard and paco sanchez are also 2 of my favourites specially as guichard is an amateur so only wants 500 or so a week and sanchez is awesome in the centre with 16 creativity and great allround stats.

ill post screenie of wages in a sec.

well my primary players i aim for straight away are E.Boakye(rightback) on about 1k a week, Enzo Scorza(Striker)he happily comes for 1.5k p/w but with release clause, b.Chabert(goalkeeper) very good goalkeeper for lower lgs ive found, maxime blanchard(CB, can play rightback), anderson costa is my other priority striker but he wants the most wages of all my targets usually 1.7-2k wages but doesnt ask for a clause. yohan guichard and paco sanchez are also 2 of my favourites specially as guichard is an amateur so only wants 500 or so a week and sanchez is awesome in the centre with 16 creativity and great allround stats.

ill post screenie of wages in a sec.

Thanks, be searching for these later

lutonwages.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see i offer them key player status alot of the time as this allows me to offer maximum wages if need be, plus alot of them should be key to any lower league team.

Several of the players on my transfer screenie in previous post are youth and are on 55p/w so they dont appear here as they are in my youth team

Michael N'dri is also another striker thats available(i didnt opt to pick him up this time, maybe if hes still available january ill try to get him) hes worth a punt if anderson costa doesnt fit your wages.

and if you need a leftwinger and a striker but can only afford one, Rocky Siberie can be picked up for 750p/w and fits both positions, not the paciest of players but will do for this level, his strength and crossing make up for that though.

UPDATE: I use a large custom database also, including players based/nationality Reunion, Curacaon/Carribean, Mauritian, you will most likely need reunion loaded to get chabert and guichard.

Nice one, get keano a new contract though! lol

The bugger hasnt specified what he would like in a new contract but as hes on 2k p/w at the moment no doubt hes going to want excess of that, which i dont have available at the moment, hopefully ill be able to tie it up by january.

Keano only wanted a minor pay rise for me, I'm pretty sure he wanted less than 2.5k although it's been a while so I might be misremembering. His wage is extortionate now I am in League 1 though because of the 25% promotion clause every player demands.

Sign Jamil Adam if you haven't already guys. He's on a free and he'll accept 1000 a week at the start, and he is scoring in excess of a goal a game still even at League 1 level. His record for me over 2 and a half seasons is something like played 110, scored 135. He's worth over 2 million quid now. If there is a better investment at non-league level they must be amazing!!

Cheers.

Oh, and remember you can sell the clause in Kevin Foley's contract for about 500k in the first season. Well worth doing as he never gets sold on my games.

Cheers.

awesome i didnt realise this feature was in the game at all!, just freed up 4k extra wages, thanks ^^

Signed Badis Lebbihi, upto Feb in 1st season and hes scored 14 from centre back, amazing buy.

JPK has been amazing as an attacking mid.

Jamil Adam - Amazing.

Anyone wants a very good GK and low wages, get Yoann Djidonou, has been fantastic for me, think wages are like £500 p/w.

Have also got a right winger, cant remember 1st name, but surname is Rubbo, has also been fantastic for me.

only original luton players i actually use are: JPK, Howells, Keane, AMS, Fleetwood (brill sub).

Hope that helps some, oh yeah top, undefeated so far! ;)

Lee Novak is usually available for under that on my saves, but you will need a fair chunk of wage budget spare. I signed Jon Williams from Crystal Palace for £70k in my second season, a great central midfield prospect although I think he was going cheap on mine as Palace got relegated and he wanted out.

To be honest most signings you need can be done on frees so my advice would be to pump the transfer money into wages and have a look at who got released from their clubs. Usually you can get people like Oliver Norwood, Adam Smith, Ben Mee etc on frees in the second season, all have good potential and Premiership pedigree but pretty high wage demands.

Might want to have a look at Adam Le Fondre as well. He is almost always transfer listed in the second season, his wage demands were too high for me but Reading let him out on a season long loan without having to pay a penny in fees or wages.

Cheers.

Lee Novak is usually available for under that on my saves, but you will need a fair chunk of wage budget spare. I signed Jon Williams from Crystal Palace for £70k in my second season, a great central midfield prospect although I think he was going cheap on mine as Palace got relegated and he wanted out.

To be honest most signings you need can be done on frees so my advice would be to pump the transfer money into wages and have a look at who got released from their clubs. Usually you can get people like Oliver Norwood, Adam Smith, Ben Mee etc on frees in the second season, all have good potential and Premiership pedigree but pretty high wage demands.

Might want to have a look at Adam Le Fondre as well. He is almost always transfer listed in the second season, his wage demands were too high for me but Reading let him out on a season long loan without having to pay a penny in fees or wages.

Cheers.

Cheers not quite finished the 1st Season yet, Ipswich offered me Drury for free, who am i to say no!

Finished my third season, and it's successive promotions all the way to the Championship!

Obligatory screen-shot of Jamil Adam destroying the league:

JamilAdamOverview_Attributes-3.png

His best season yet! I'm not sure why as I didn't change tactics but his assists went through the roof! Might be because I got in some quality to play alongside him. Near the end of the summer transfer window I agreed terms with Sean Scannell, who joined us on a free transfer after his Palace contact expired. He did excellently:

SeanScannellOverview_Attributes.png

As I mentioned before, I also brought in Adam Campbell on loan from Man City. To be honest I wasn't expecting too much from him as he is young and raw, I really just got him in as back-up and hopefully to get him to like the club and me for future years. But he scored quite a few goals, and my plan worked out better than I had hoped (more on that later):

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/AdamCampbellOverview_Attributes-1.png

In January Scannell got injured for 2-3 months, and I had some cash spare in the wage budget so I scouted around a bit. My scouts told me I could get this guy with a bid of 0! I didn't believe them but tried anyway, and lo and behold, my bid of nothing was accepted, and on the January deadline day in came my marquee signing from Bristol City...

BrettPitmanOverview_Attributes.png

A great return for the second half of the season as well!

The real revelation for me though was the loan signing of Zeli Ismail. He started the season playing AMR, and did okay, a few goals and assists. About February ish I shifted him over to AML (he's only competent there but I didn't have anyone else fit to play), and he scored 4 goals in 90 minutes! He went on to hit just shy of a goal a game for the rest of the season from AML, like some kind of lower league Christiano Ronaldo!

ZeliIsmailOverview_Attributes-2.png

Other key performers included Anthony Pilkington (loan from parent club Norwich):

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/AnthonyPilkingtonOverview_Attributes.png

Oliver Norwood:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/OliverNorwoodOverview_Attributes.png

Paul Black (a left back I signed for 10k during the first season):

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/PaulBlackOverview_Attributes.png

And finally, my beast of a regen who came through the youth team... Arsenal are sniffing around him now:

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/KwesiPayneOverview_Attributes-2.png

So I'm currently doing the pre-season for the assault on the Championship. I've got some very tough decisions to make! Stoke and Newcastle are both showing strong interest in Jamil Adam. As much as I love him, I'm a bit tempted to cash in. His valuation is 3.5 million now, so I think I could probably get close to 5 million for him which is insane amounts of money! He wants a huge new contract which I can't really afford (he only got an improved one a year ago!!), and with 5 million I could do some great business in the transfer market.

I've already agreed to sign Adam Campbell on a free transfer - his contract with City was up and they didn't offer him a new one so no compensation needed!! Pitman and Scannell should both score goals at Championship level, and there are some great players available on the cheap (well, cheap ish). Jordan Rhodes is listed for 500k and I think his wages would be lower than what Jamil is requesting!

But can I really sell someone who has become a club icon and has a goal record like this?

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/lgunibrow88/JamilAdamHistory_CareerStats.png

Very tough!!!

It's also a lot harder to get loans in the Championship as clubs start wanting fees and contributions to wages. Both my Norwich loanees wouldn't renew with me. Zeli Ismail turned me down in favour of a 3 million quid move to Burnley, gutted! I've brought Ravel Morrison in on loan from Man Utd though (no fee or wages), and I'm hopeful I can do the same with Raheem Stirling from Liverpool. I've also agreed a fee of 100k for Will Buckley, who was transfer listed by request. Hopefully that should be my wingers sorted!

Just the striker problem that is killing me... sell Jamil and build a whole new team with the money, or keep him and let him fire us to a fourth successive promotion and the Premiership pot of gold?

Cheers.

Oops, forgot to mention that Watford were in League 1 with me... spanked them 5-1 at the Kenny :-) and even better, beat them handsomely over two legs in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern final. Reaching the final of any competition at the expense of the scum is sweet!

They won the play-offs after finishing 4th, so I can destroy them all over again next season, ha!

Cheers.

I've used this tactic a lot:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/284224-Tackiller-FM2012-works-with-latest-patch

I set the two strikers to switch positions and he scores for fun. It's a great tactic, full credit to the original poster. I've really struggled to get one of my own working consistently this year but that one works amazingly.

Cheers.

He struggled a bit at the start of the season for me, I usually play him on the left of the two strikers in that tactic I linked to (but set to swap). I changed him to start from the right sided striker slot, and he hit 10 goals in 3 games. He does seem to be very streaky.

Also I recommend using the advanced forward training schedule from this set - full credit to the creator, Fabio MVP:

http://www.4shared.com/file/5f2-x3NP/Fabio_MVP_s_Training_Schedules.html

As you can probably see from the screenshots, his stats have soared for me using those schedules, they are excellent.

Cheers.

Right Danimate is back. Should be receiving the game by tomorrow, wasn't going to buy it this time round as I seem to get bored very quickly which is why the original Championship Manager, in my view, was much, much better. Keep it simple is what I always say. However I'm adamant I'm going to lead my Luton to the Premiership, irl League Two would be nice. It's the training that bugs me, a lot of pfaffing about.

Right got some great tips on this thread by and large thanks to Clokey1988, hope you got on well in the Prem and kept hold of Jamil Adam, look forward to reading your update. He will most definitely be a must have purchase for me but first I'll need to clear out most of the backroom. Goodbye Neilson, want my own Assistant, Goodbye Carden, why you're at Luton irl and the game is beyond me. New scouts to be brought in and I'll be transfer listing Gleeson, Crow and one or two others. The game looks better this year so maybe I'll be sticking around long enough this time. Also I think it's brilliant that we can sell off Foley's sell on clause to make room for extra wages.

Also Clokey1988 did you upload any goals from Adam or any other Luton player to Youtube?

Oh, and remember you can sell the clause in Kevin Foley's contract for about 500k in the first season. Well worth doing as he never gets sold on my games.

Cheers.

How do you actually go about to sell the clause in Foley's Contract? I've been all over the place within Foleys's profile etc and in Luton's and I can't see where it'll be done.

How do you actually go about to sell the clause in Foley's Contract? I've been all over the place within Foleys's profile etc and in Luton's and I can't see where it'll be done.

It comes up as an option when the board update you at the end of every month. You can do it yourself but I can't remember exactly where you do it. It's a tab either in the finances or transfers section I think.

Cheers.

Right Danimate is back. Should be receiving the game by tomorrow, wasn't going to buy it this time round as I seem to get bored very quickly which is why the original Championship Manager, in my view, was much, much better. Keep it simple is what I always say. However I'm adamant I'm going to lead my Luton to the Premiership, irl League Two would be nice. It's the training that bugs me, a lot of pfaffing about.

Training is a pain. I usually just download someone else's as I can never get it quite right. I've heard the training engine is exactly the same as FM11 so any schedules that were good for that should work fine this year. I'm using these schedules, which are superb (see the improvement I've had in Jamil Adam for proof of that!):

http://www.4shared.com/file/5f2-x3NP/Fabio_MVP_s_Training_Schedules.html

Full credit to Fabio MVP for those schedules by the way.

Right got some great tips on this thread by and large thanks to Clokey1988, hope you got on well in the Prem and kept hold of Jamil Adam, look forward to reading your update.

I have kept him, and he has done pretty well. Unsurprisingly not been hitting the same goal to game levels, but he has 5 in 15 I think and 5 assists too, not tearing the league up exactly but his average rating is about 7.35 I think so he is playing well. He is an Ireland regular now and even scored against England! His valuation is up to 7 million now.

I will do a full update at some point, uni work is kicking my arse right now though so might be a while :(

Also Clokey1988 did you upload any goals from Adam or any other Luton player to Youtube?

Unfortunately not, I don't really do the whole youtube thing.

COYH! 1-0 at the moment, sounds pretty comfortable on the radio but you never know with us!

Cheers.

Archived