Youth Player Project - Sponsored by Dafuge's Challenge

Youth Players

YP1 - Wang Weimin - MC

Club       Season   Apps  Goals  Assists MOMs Rating
Hangzhou   2009     27    0      0       0    6.85
Hangzhou   2010     28    0      2       0    7.11
Hangzhou   2011     7(7)  0      0       0    6.79
Hangzhou   2012     6(6)  0      1       0    6.92

Again this season Wang played the filling the void role in midfield. And again he really hasn't progressed this season. I will be contemplating his future through the course of the season, his release from the club will depend largely on the amount of players i sign over this pre season.

YP2 - Wu Yabin - D/WB L

Club              Season   Apps  Goals  Assists MOMs Rating
Hangzhou          2010     10(9) 0      0       0    6.84
Hangzhou          2011     0(3)  0      0       0    6.33
Hangzhou U19      2012     27    0      2       0    6.45

I dropped this guy down into the U19s, this allowed him to play some competitive games for the club. He got worse over the season stats wise and i have just released him.

YP3 - Dong Hongjun - DC

Hangzhou U19      2011     20    1      0       1    6.65
Hangzhou U19      2012     28    1      2       3    7.06

Generally over the season he improved, playing in all but two games for the U19. I think he can improve again this season.

YP4 - Liu Hongjun - DC

PPM - Avoids Using Weaker Foot

Hangzhou U19      2012     15    0      0       0    6.56

Disappointed this season by him, had some high hopes from the his starting stats. Played just over a dozen games but was average.

YP5 - Wang Xiaodong - ST

Has good physical stats to start with. Other stats like finishing and composure will need to improve over this season for me. Should have a good chance of scoring a few goals for the U19s.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See. There is profit in this thread :D

True. :D Ptacek would have made it into my team regardless as he developed quickly but Jurcik may well have been let go in favour of some 'store bought' player by now if he hadn't been my first entry in this thread. Thanks for making me take a closer look at what my own team has to offer. :thup:

I once got this regens at Wolves called Victor Saville and Jack Phillips. Victor went on to captain the club the Champions League Final and Phillips went on to make 80 England caps by the age of 29. Victor Saville was set to make his 100th cap for N.Ireland and the game crashed, I was gutted.

PS: I will start this soon but beware, I produce top class Regens!

Finally finished my season, due the averageness of my teams performances I could only really take 5-6 games at a time before I had to go do something else. I think I got a little too involved this season. However, did run into a nice bit of form a the end of the season, finishing 16th, 20 points off a promotion playoff spot, so I'm aiming to reduce that this season. The club still won't give me any transfer funds though, even though I've got 450k in the bank. :(

Youth Project 1 - Shaun Darby (DM)

After Joining (Age 15, 2008)

After One Season (Age 16, 2009)

After Two Seasons (Age 17, 2010)

[u]Club[/u]	[u]Season[/u]		[u]Apps[/u]	[u]Goals[/u]	[u]Assts[/u]	[u]MoM[/u]	[u]AvgRat[/u]	[u]League[/u]
Eastbo	2008/09		13(6)	  1	  -	 -	 6.37	BSP
Eastbo	2009/10		16(7)	  -	  -	 -	 6.57	BSP

Much the same as last season, I re-jigged my formation so I'm actually using a defensive midfielder, though he's still only backup there. Got some full games towards the end of the season due to some injuries and generally performed well enough. Didn't make any huge goal conceding mistakes, which is qg at this level.

Will have to make a decision now as to whether to keep him as backup, or let him go to see if he can make it as a first teamer somewhere else. He's contracted for one more season, so we'll see how he goes.

Youth Project 2 - Ryan Haynes (AM R, ST)

After Joining (Age 16, 2009)

After One Season (Age 17, 2010)

[u]Club[/u]	[u]Season[/u]		[u]Apps[/u]	[u]Goals[/u]	[u]Assts[/u]	[u]MoM[/u]	[u]AvgRat[/u]	[u]League[/u]
Eastbo	2009/10		46	  7	  8	 5	 6.98	BSP

First choice right winger straight away (playing a 4-3-3), played 4-4-2 for some of the season and he played on the right there as well.

Great season from him, he topped the MoM stat for my team, pretty sure, equal top at least, as my other young striker put in some good performances at the of the season. Will easily stay first choice next season and his attributes should improve even faster (you'll notice he's had some increases across the board). Hopefully I'll get some big increases in his shooting stats as he's now on a full time schedule.

Unfortunately, my scouts/assman are rating him at close to his full potential. Though he should easily be able to perform at this level and probably league 2 for some time. Hopefully I'll get some even better performances from him this season as he's now rated as a 'leading star' for most BSP sides.

Youth Project 3 - Luke Greenwood (D/WB RL)

After Joining (Age 16, 2010)

Hmm, not sure about this project. First, his mental stats are great for a 16 year old, especially at this level. His technical stats are good for a fullback and his physical ones can always be improved to a decent level. However, my scouts only rate him at 2-star potential.

Either way, right back is one of my weakest positions, if only he was right footed he could easily get 20+ games there this season, though we'll see how the season unfolds. My current left back seems a little injury prone, so he'll probably feature there at some point this season.

Got some random regens this season as well, Luke who's Irish and also a Finnish striker. Seemed a bit odd.

WBEM Wolves Prospects!

Youth Prospect 1 - Carl McMahon - Versatile

After Joining

Good lad with decent potential I reckon. Will give him afew games this year as back-up. If I feature him within the next 20 days he will become Wolves youngest ever player!

Youth Prospect 2 - Danny Ford - SW/CB

After Joining

One of the best of the bunch this year, could be better in the air but oh well. Will get afew games this season.

Youth Prospect 3 - Scott Logan - ST

After Joining

Best of the lot by a mile, IMO! Wont get many games because we are in the EPL....

btw, I apologise for posting this a month or so after the regens came through. Thanks!

I HOPE THIS WORKS!

Youth Project 1 (09/10): Charlie Patterson, D/MC

Initial profile

Season 1

An undistinguished first season for YP1, who spent a lot of time on the sidelines. However, his physical stats are starting to take shape and now he’s on a full time contract, he should start to blossom. One first team start last season, when he came on at half time 4-0 up against Cambridge. The match finished 5-0, and he got a 6.

Youth Project 2 (10/11): Mick Bissett, AMR/C

Initial profile

My AssMan is raving about this bloke, but I’m not so sure. Ok, he’s young, and he’s got a bit of pace, but he’s going to need to work hard to improve those technical stats. He looks like he could be prolific at lower league level, but we’ll have to wait and see. My coaching staff seem convinced of his potential, at the very least.

Youth Players

YP1 - Wang Weimin - MC

2014- released

Hangzhou   2013     1(4)  0      1       0    6.80

Hardly used, the odd game to give him a run out. Provided a goal but not much more. Released.

YP2 - Wu Yabin - D/WB L

2014 - Unattached

YP3 - Dong Hongjun - DC

2014 - released

Hangzhou U19      2013     32    0      2       0    6.50

Played lots of games but was poor, after such a great previous season. Released

YP4 - Liu Hongjun - DC

Hangzhou U19      2013     28    0      2       0    6.71

Improved his overall performances. Played a substantial amount of games for the U19s creating 2 goals. Will need to improve again this season for a chance to gain a contract renewal.

YP5 - Wang Xiaodong - ST

Hangzhou U19      2014     19    13     7       4    7.47

Had a fantastic season, started by scoring more goals than appearances with 7 in 4, before levelling off and finally finishing with 13 goals. Injuries hampered his debut season as he could have bagged loads more.

YP6 - Zhen Hao - AML

Have some high hopes for this guy, Zhen has some good starting stats in the right areas right across the board. My assman predicting he will progress into becomming a good Chinese Super League winger.

Like the look of Zhen Hao as well ToMexico!! (although he does seem to suffer from that common regen problem of being good at one out of crossing and corners but not both). Promising start to his career in the U19s. Watch out for the youth coach playing him on the wrong wing though. In various games, I've seen a few decent prospects fail after they spend all season being played out of position. As NepentheZ suggested, throw him into the first team! ;)

Hey. Is this only open to people doing Dafuge's challenge? As I am doing the 12 league challenge and would like to post about my regens that come through (if any).

I think that's just included in the thread title as that's where Nep started tracking his Youth Projects. I'm doing this with my team from Gundo's challenge and ToMexico!! and rancer890 are using players from their 'Asian small club to big club' teams. As long as the players are from the side(s) you manage, any new prodigies are welcome! :)

Welcome to the thread blowcrapup. (Top 10 forum name, btw :D )

Yea theres no rule that says it must be in Dafs challenge. as Big D kindly explained, thats just where I decided to track the progress of my youth projects to add a little more heart into Dafs Challenge. We welcome anyone, and for FM09, it will no longer be sponsored by Dafs Challenge. :thup:

Well I am playing as Darfo Boario in the Italian Serie C2/C in Jose RR's Big European Country thread, now I didn't have an Assistant Manager on Day 1 at the club, but I picked the payer I thought looked the best in my Youth Academy and made him player 1.

Darfo Youth Project

Player 1: Bassoli - WB/AML

First Day

Sept 3rd 08

Nov 5th 08

| Year  | Squad | Games | Goals | Assists | MoM | Rating |
|-------|-------|-------|-------|---------|-----|--------|
| 08/09 |  U20  |  6(4) |   0   |    3    |  0  |  6.80  |
|_______|_______|_______|_______|_________|_____|________|

This is his progress through to November 5th at which stage i have decided to include a second player who is showing some nice skills.

Player 1a: Masturzo - ST

Nov 26th

| 08/09 |  U20  | 14(0) |  14   |    3    |  2  |  7.79  |

Welcome to the thread blowcrapup. (Top 10 forum name, btw :D )

Yea theres no rule that says it must be in Dafs challenge. as Big D kindly explained, thats just where I decided to track the progress of my youth projects to add a little more heart into Dafs Challenge. We welcome anyone, and for FM09, it will no longer be sponsored by Dafs Challenge. :thup:

Oooo, Youth Player Project FM09 thread needs a new sponsor. Does my challenge have a chance? :D

Welcome to the thread LLR. Nice update there. Bassoli's improvement was very good for only a few months..!! I like the attributes of Masturzo too. Great pace and good physical stats for a 16 year old.

I was quite impressed with the pair of them at only 16, so I will be keeping an eye on them :) Both shall be getting starts for the Seniors over the winter months as I rotate more during this period.

12 League Challenge Youth Player Project

Player 1 - Cristian Cojocaru DC

Initial Profile

My Assistant says at the moment he has a Current Ability of 1 grey start and a Potential Ability of 4 gold stars. IMO I don't think he'll reach it or if he does he won't be near me at the time. (If any one has any training tips they will be greatly appreciated, The training forum is just full of tactics and its hard to pick good things out.)

If you are unfamilar with this challenge it basic involves trying to win the 12 highest rated leagues in Europe. This mean eventually my Youth Projects will come from a variety of countries but will more than likely not play for me as either they will have left the club or I will have but then again I will bring the ones I consider great with me around Europe.

blowcrapup :

He looks pretty decent. I wouldn't worry too much about the Ass mans star rating, (unless he has 20/20 JPA/JPP). That changes pretty much on a game to game basis. If you go back to my last Report that had the 23 players (before the I had "Issues" with that game) - My YP19, Greg Davidson was rated 2*/4* by my Ass Man. By age 20, he was a regular in the England team and helping me to win a Premiership, while now being rated 7*/7*.

Also, with regards to training, firstly, make sure your coaches have a good "Working with youngsters" attribute. It may be worth hiring a youth coach just for this. Also, for any member of your staff that does have a good attribute in this area, put him as manager of the U-18's (Or whatever youth team you have). Then, create a schedule for your youth player projects. I have different ones for different positions, but the defensive one looks like this...

(Each training bar has 25 ticks, 1 being the furthest left, 25 being the furthest right [intense])

Strength : 20

Aerobic : 18

Goalkeeping : 0

Tactics :12

Ball Control : 12

Defending : 20

Attacking : 4

Shooting : 4

Set Pieces : 10

This is a pretty high workload, but they'll only be on it for 3-5 years. The reason I have it set out this way is because players are often generated with low physical attributes, and this will look to boost them quickly. It does mean they'll get tired quickly in games initially, and form will drop if they're played in a lot of matches, but I assure you its worth it for the growth. The other categories aren't too improtant at this stage in the players career. Mental stats will increase regardless of traning in tactics, and the small work on the other areas will just help maintain, or add small growths to what they already have. Then, when the player is around 20-21, and coming towards the end of the attribute growth, I put down the physical aspect of things to maintain what they have (I find level 8 maintains stats) - and put on massive workloads for The other required fields. So defense goes to 25, set pieces, ball control, tactics all move up to 20. This is so that the player gets a lot of training on the technical side of things, but his overall workload is still only on "Medium" (MAYBE the first notch on heavy) - and doesn't get tired from training too much. So now you can play them every game and see the rewards pretty much on a monthly basis.

I have 1 DC in my youth projects thus far, YP3. He's 18 now, although this is only his second season with the club. Over the last 12 months (Apr - March) - His physical attributes have seen rises in Strength and stamina (2 points), and aerobically he's seen rises in Reflexes, Balance, Agility (2 points) and Jumping, Pace (1 point).

Tactically, we've seen decreases in almost each category by 1-2 points, and also losses in most of the other areas. This is worth it for the increase in Strength / Aerobic, as the other attributes will increase when his training changes. (Also, he's just returned from injury)

I also find that just having them on the bench and giving them even 5 minutes play here or there helps boost attributes.

I'll do a full extensive breakdown of my training in my next update, but I do suggest getting them on FT contracts as soon as possible. :thup:

Thanks for that Nepenthez. I'm going to use that as a base to devlop my own. My Ass Man has an JPA of 9 and a JPP of 10 so his opionion is worthless now. Although he did spot the best out of the bunch. Are sending them to feeder clubs worthwhile? I would guess no for the first few years as they would lose your coaches and get few games but I think it could be useful when he turns 19ish if he's not up to my standards.

Darfo Boario Youth Player Project

Season 2 Beginning Update

Player 1: Bassoli - WB/AML

July 2008

July 2009

| 08/09 |  U20  | 15(3) |   0   |    4    |  0  |  6.89  |
|       |  Sen  |  6(4) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  7.00  | 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Player 1a: Masturzo - ST

Nov 2008

July 2009

| 08/09 |  U20  | 29    |  21   |    9    |  3  |  7.45  |
|       |  Sen  |  0(1) |   0   |    0    |  0  |  6.00  | 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Player 2: Bartolini - DC

June 2009

As selected by my Ass Man, he looks alright. Again though I think I have found better in my second choice.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Player 2a: Citi - DC

July 2009

So these will now be the four players I am going to be following.

Youth Players

YP1 - Wang Weimin - MC

2014- released

Hangzhou   2013     1(4)  0      1       0    6.80
Nanjing    2014     17(2) 0      6       0    6.32

Snapped up by Nanjing, he played quite a few games for them in the heart of midfield with a more creative role.

YP2 - Wu Yabin - D/WB L

2014 - Unattached

2015 - Retired

YP3 - Dong Hongjun - DC

2014 - released

2015 - Retired

Hangzhou U19      2013     32    0      2       0    6.50

YP4 - Liu Hongjun - DC

2015 - released

Hangzhou U19      2013     28    0      2       0    6.71
Hangzhou U19      2014     32    0      1       0    6.69

Again played a lot of games, but was largely disappointing. Released

YP5 - Wang Xiaodong - ST

Hangzhou U19      2013     19    13     7       4    7.47
Hangzhou U19      2014     29    18     12      4    7.52

Better season than last, games, goals and assists wise he was an integral part of the U19 squad which was so successful this season. Surprisingly his stats have not risen much, if at all. Like those before him he needs to improve his stats, nevermind if he scores goals etc he will be released.

YP6 - Zhen Hao - AML

Hangzhou U19      2014     28    5      4       1    7.07

He impressed me this season with some cultured performances for the U19s. Stats haven't improved too much in his first season with Hangzhou. Only negative point would be his 2 red cards and 8 yellows for the season, for someone that has aggression stat of 5. His sporting mentality should improve this coming season.

YP7 - Tu Zhibiao - WB/AM L

Not the greatest player to come through the ranks. Arguably the best of a bad bunch, ass man says get rid of him. He has a season to prove himself.

Side Notes

• Youth Facilities are being upgraded this year
  • New Assistant Manager has JPA of 10 and JPP of 20, so he has a good idea of how players will do

I've started :)

I holidayed season 1 and became Zwolle in the Dutch First Division. Who came 17th last season. I hope to transform the side whilst transforming some youngsters into world beaters. (highly doubtable, yes) When I get my first batch of youth, I'll make the decision on the 4 I keep. then at the end of the season, I'll get rid of the ones that played badly and don't look any good whatsoever and put in some new ones every time.

William Jonhstone

First season so didn't have the best player thing from assman but this guy looks pretty good stuck him in the first team should be good off the bench in this league

Just scored on his debut:D

Nice. :thup: - His physical attributes are awesome for his age..!! He could be a great, great player for you.

I'm going to start this now Nep. Does it matter what side I start at?

Doesn't matter what side. Barcelona to Barnet, all are welcome.

Nice updates ToMexico!! - Tu Z looks pants, but Wang had had 2 exceptional season in the U-19's

Nearing the end of my season now, all 4 of my current projects have played big roles this season too :D

Another season down and an excellent one I might add. :D Won the National Conference after some great performances from my team. Signing everyone on a Full Time contract over the past few seasons really paid off this year, my assistant rated everyone in my squad as 4* or greater, everyone in my first team as 5* (with I think one or two 4*ers). Made a tidy profit off a few players I signed for free (either this season or last), something like 50k straight up and another 100kish over the next however many months. Some sell on clauses, but I don't really expect much out of them. League 2 will be quite the experience.

On a slightly different note however, my board still won't give me any transfer funds even with over 700k in the bank. :mad: Though, about the 700k, has anyone else noticed how 'profitable,' for lack of a better word, the conference leagues are? I started with something like 10k at the start of '07 and now have a touch over 700k in '11. Most of which is actually coming from attendances, I've only made (say) 100k from cup runs over the 4 years, so...

Maybe it's just my tight chairman giving me low wage budgets and of course, no transfer funds. For example, I had a budget of 8.5k/week or so last year, aiming for the safe mid-table position. Anyway onto the projects:

Youth Project 1 - Shaun Darby (DM)

After Joining (Age 15, 2008)

After One Season (Age 16, 2009)

After Two Seasons (Age 17, 2010)

After Three Seasons (Age 18, 2011)

Eastbo	2008/09		13(6)	  1	  -	 -	 6.37	BSP
Eastbo	2009/10		16(7)	  -	  -	 -	 6.57	BSP
Eastbo	2010/11		3	  -	  -	 -	 7.00	BSP

Unfortunately Shaun Darby was out of favour this season. With hopes of promotion and winning the Blue Square Premier always on the managers mind and consequently, stressed to all the players numerous, numerous times, Shaun was dropped to the reserve league. What's worse is that he wasn't first choice there either, only playing around half the games for the reserve team it really seemed to stunt his growth.

After promotion was guaranteed, I played him in the last three games. Despite his stats, he still averaged a 7.00, however I think that may be more down to the teams performances overall. Does say he works well enough in the squad however. Though we're now in the 'League' and I doubt he'll ever be able to make it competitively here. More than likely he'll be released at the end of the season. My first project gone... :(

Youth Project 2 - Ryan Haynes (AM R, ST)

After Joining (Age 16, 2009)

After One Season (Age 17, 2010)

After Two Seasons (Age 18, 2011)

Eastbo	2009/10		46	  7	  8	 5	 6.98	BSP
Eastbo	2010/11		40(1)	  9	  17	 4	 7.27	BSP

Even better than last season. If his shooting stats were up at (say) 10 finishing/composure then he would've bagged another 5-10 goals over the season. Quite promising to see composure went up 2 from last season.

Since last season he's been upgraded from 5* potential to 6*, he's currently rated as 5* being described as a 'good signing for most League One sides.' Can see him going all the way with me, just like Nep's first project.

Not much else to say, other than he's really, really good and fully expect not to get another regen like him for quite some time.

Youth Project 3 - Luke Greenwood (D/WB RL)

After Joining (Age 16, 2010)

After One Season (Age 17, 2011)

Eastbo	2010/11		7(2)	  -	  1	 -	 7.00	BSP

Nothing great, same as Shaun Darby really, couldn't afford to play him while he's still developing while I'm pushing for promotion. He wasn't played much in the reserve league either, so I think he's actually lost ability as a footballer.

Should get some games next season if I'm lazing about mid-low-table towards the end of next season. Hopefully I'll get some growth out of him, could still turn out to be great.

Youth Project 4 - Adam Ford (GK)

After Joining (Age 16, 2011)

Utter balls.

Better luck next year Mr Manager. :(

It's interesting to note however (aimed at you DogeeD) that Adam, who's rated at 1* potential, is still a fair bit better than Shaun Darby, who was originally rated as with 3* potential back in the BSS. Even though I haven't upgraded my youth facilities yet (they're being upgraded now), so it seems that club reputation and possibly league reputation has a quite an effect on your regens.

Tis a shame, he has some great physical stats. Looking at him now, his stats aren't really that bad, just the 17 eccentricity could be distributed so much better. Not too mention I have a great goalkeeper, very decent backup and a promising one already in my reserves.

On to League Two.

It's been a while since the last update so here's a quick screenshot of my best player until a full update at the end of the season.

Carlo Milosevic - First Profile

Carlo Milosevic - Now

Was about to say you got some amzy growth over that season, but just saw there's 5 years difference. Still, gq though.

An Australian striker tearing it up in the Premier League, love him already. Now all he needs to do is lead Australia to a World Cup and I think I'll have a FM regen on my 'favourite people of all time' list. :D

12 League Challenge Youth Player Project

Player 1 - Cristian Cojocaru DC

Initial Profile

Season 2

Career

2008/09 - Dinamo Buc. U19s. Apps - 13 Goals - 1 Assts - 1 MOM - 0 AvgR - 6.54

Didn't play that badly. Romanian U19 league has only 14 games. I've left Dinamo but his Ass Rating was moved to Offload before I left. Seems to have imporved though before I left. He has also changed hairstyle.

and meet

Player 2 - Igor Ryabtsev DC/ST

Intial Profile

This one looks good. I'm tempted to send him out to a feeder to get him some games as my Reserves/Under 19s are combined and packed with people.

Edit: Just had a look and Igor is a natural at CB and ST. :D

Rickaldo : Milosevic is fb. :thup: - For only 21, he looks fantastic.

Cycladic : Brilliant update. I like Ryan Haynes. He's my kind of winger. I'd play him a lot too, so great work there.

blowcrapup : Ryanstev looks AMAZING..!! DC and ST too, what a player. Take good care of him :D

Thanks for making this thread what it is guys, I'm really enjoying the reads. :thup:

LLR - I've had 1 of about 28 guys now who was decent. Thats not only 28 guys, but 28 seasons. Everyone else seems to get ten a penny :(

lol of course maybe my problem is that I am a low level Italian Club, we'll see how they go, though I must say Bassoli (AML) did very well why my number 1 was out injured ;)

Great to see more and more people getting involved in this thread. It makes a great read and its interesting to make the comparison between the different youth players the game generates. I imagine the FM09 version of this thread will be huge, especially when all the 'small to big club' and career challenges are in full swing! Thinking of which, would it be a good idea to have a 'hall of fame' list? For the best regens with the most succesful careers, I mean.

Of course, I only suggest that as three of my prodigies picked up major medals this season and two of them are on their way to the 2026 World Cup! :D I'll have my report up once I've done my season review in Gundo's thread.

Archived