One Career, Seven Challenges

Nottingham Forest

I had a brainwave yesterday that involved trying to complete seven popular challenges from the Challenges, Sign-ups and Experiments Forum. Those seven challenges are dafuge's, Lower Leagues Rule's, Gundo's, rancer890's, Razer82's, The Give Youth a Chance Challenge and finally AcidBurn's Continental Dominence Challenge. I was hoping that they overlapped in some way and that using the new add/remove of leagues feature would enable to attempt and hopefully complete this challenge. Having looked over the respective threads, it's obvious that each challenge barring dafuge's and The Give Youth a Chance Challenge have some sort of issue regarding the custom databases already available to use in the game. dafuge's requires you to load the three feeder leagues that go into the Blue Square North and South and unfortunately the other four challenges and quite possibly AcidBurn's don't allow you to have this in. Although they do allow other custom databases. I've posted in each of the threads asking if there could be an exception made. If not, then I'll plough on regardless in an attempt to achieve something great. I have an order that I'd like to follow and I have aims that I would like to complete within a number of seasons. Here they are:

dafuge's

Lower Leagues Rule's

Gundo's

rancer890's

Razer82's

The Give Youth a Chance Challenge - No Thread Yet

AcidBurn's - No Thread Yet

AcidBurn's challenge will over lap with many of these challenges so if I am able to complete a few of them before it may make it easier to complete. Once I've won the default Champions Leagues, hopefully, there will be a New Zealand update which I can add on to be able to win the final Champions League. After that, if I get that far, I shall be looking at taking an international side to World Cup and European Championship Glory.

The original database is England loaded down to Blue Square North/South with a large database and the retain players from the three feeder league teams that go into the Blue Square North/South. To make this career/challenge that little bit harder, I shall be playing by LLM rules, or trying my hardest to abide by them. Player naming will happen though :thup:.

Also, if there are no updates for a few days at a time, it isn't because I've lost interest, it's because I've just gone full-time at work.

Season 2012-2013

Blue Square North

BuryTCrest1.gif

Taken from Wikipedia

Bury Town Football Club is an English semi-professional football club, based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. They play at Ram Meadow.

Average Ticket Price: £10

Average Season Ticket Price: £157

Estimated Value: £150k

Media Prediction: 21st

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Budgets(transfer/wage): £0/£3.2k(£2,355)

The first season will be all about survival. The squad is small so I'm hoping someone from my coaching team can recommend me some players that I can get in on trial or scout.

It will be tough and the challenges don't directly link together, so I won't be able to completely achieve it. I'm using the challenges as my base/inspiration. I reckon it could take about 150 seasons which up until today would have been possible as I only worked 30 hours a week. Now I'm full-time from next week and I have less hours to try and complete it. On my days off I should be able to complete a season and then during my free time, I'll be able to maybe get a few months done, so all in all I could possibly complete 5 seasons every four weeks.

Good luck Forest. :thup:

I actually quite encourage the use of custom databases (as long as they're actually realistic league structures, or as realistic as possible within the editor) as the entire West Asian region isn't part of the 'out of the box leagues'. My rules are quite relaxed compared to the other challenges (to an extent) but if you have anymore questions you can always reply back in my challenge thread or PM me.

Archived