FM 2012: Aberdeen FC team guide - The Quest for Star Three

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was his record for me, he fell out of being first choice in his last two seasons, mostly because i got David Goodwillie on a free.

baird.png

He has 4 goals in 3 league games for me. Started well :thup:.

November - February Update

Results - Clydesdale Bank of Scotland Premier

St.Johnstone 0

Aberdeen 5 (Davidson OG 2'; Chalali 11', 36'; Chamberlain 45'; Vernon 81')

Aberdeen 2 (Arnason 25'; McFadden 53')

Motherwell 2 (Law 84'; Higdon 90+4')

Dunfermline 0

Aberdeen 0

Kilmarnock 1 (Gonzalez OG 46')

Aberdeen 0

Aberdeen 5 (Mair OG 36'; Jeffers 44'; Fallon 53'; Vernon 64'; Foster 84')

St.Mirren 3 (Teale 3', 61'; Hasselbaink 75')

Aberdeen 0

Hibs 2 (Griffiths 3'; O'Connor 90+1')

Inverness CT 1 (Tansey 90')

Aberdeen 4 (McFadden 35', pen 67'; Watt 52'; Yakubu 84')

Aberdeen 1 (Vernon 26')

Hearts 3 (Kyle 45+2', 49'; Antal 77')

Dundee Utd 1 (Russell 44')

Aberdeen 2 (Arnason 29', Vernon 53')

Aberdeen 0

Kilmarnock 0

Rangers 3 (Naismith 8'; Jelavic 26', 30')

Aberdeen 1 (Vernon 22')

Aberdeen 4 (Pires 15'; Fyvie 28'; Baird 45+1', 68')

Dunfermline 1 (Rutkiewicz 52')

Hibs 1 (Stephens 55')

Aberdeen 1 (Baird 51')

Aberdeen 3 (Baird 10'; Mawene 25'; Jeffers 84')

St.Johnstone 0

St.Mirren 1 (Hasselbaink 64')

Aberdeen 1 (Mawene 43')

clydesdalebankpremierleg.png

Results - Scottish Cup 4th Round

Aberdeen 2 (Fallon 37'; Watt 74')

Hearts 0

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Aberdeen 2 (Yakubu 66'; Chamberlain 79')

Dundee Utd 0

Scottish Cup Quater Final Draw

Celtic -v- Aberdeen

March 2012 Update

Results - Clydesdale Bank of Scotland Premier

Aberdeen 2 (Vernon 16', 75')

Celtic 1 (Commons 71')

Motherwell 3 (Law 43'; Humphrey 66', 82')

Aberdeen 1 (Fallon 81')

Aberdeen 5 (Pires 34'; Yakubu 39'; Arnason 45+2'; Vernon 58', 90')

Inverness CT

The obvious result is the 2-1 against Celtic, but I was also pleased with the result against Inverness. Just two more games left before the league split with it looking like this:

clydesdalebankpremierlez.png

Results - Scottish Cup Quater Final

Celtic 0 (Foster SO 11')

Aberdeen 1 (Chamberlain 57')

Scottish Cup Semi-Final Draw

Aberdeen -v- Inverness CT

Rangers -v- St.Johnstone

aberdeenvinvernessctinf.png

First season and I have a Cup Final to look forward to :D!!!!

The bad thing??? I have to play Rangers :(, but even defeat will give me Europa League Football as Rangers are in the Champions League.

I'd definitely recommend Lewis Milne for you boys. He's a young lad from Cowdenbeath, I picked him up at the end of the 1st season on a free. His value's at £1.8million, and he's playing week in week out for Celtic on loan at the minute with and ave. rating of 7.46.

Looks like a very good prospect.

Bought him season one, spent first season in the u19s, then went on loan to Falkirk and had a cracking season in the First Division as they won the league.

Currently sent him on loan to Middlesbrough and he's playing pretty much once every two games in the Championship:

milne.png

Quick update:

Champions League going better than expected. Drew away with Benfica then won 2-0 at home to Dortmund. Back to back defeats to Barca but nothing embarassing. Got Benfica at home next then Dortmund away last. Current standings:

Barcelona - 10pts - already qualified

Aberdeen - 4pts

Dortmund - 4pts

Benfica - 3pts

A win against Benfica would set me up nicely for the last game providing Barca beat Dortmund. Given we beat Dortmund 2-0 in the first game they'd have to better that to go through.

Also raided the free transfer market after the window closed. Two of my players were called up to the ROI national side so I checked out the team, they had Greg Cunningham (formerly of Man City) and James McLean (last at Sunderland) available on frees. Backup for the entire left side of the team. Also noticed Stephen Ireland was out of contract and brought him in till the end of the season. Then Lewis Milne comes back and goes into the first team!

Two of my players were called up to the ROI national side so I checked out the team, they had Greg Cunningham (formerly of Man City) and

He's pretty good is Cunningham. I'd him on loan from Man City as one of my Parent Clubs and then they released him so i snapped him up. Good solid left-back.

I did also have Stephen Ireland but he just didn't perform for me so I sold him on.

PS....>Thats the records updated, cheers for that.

Signings i can remember for the start of Season 2:

Danny Buijs from Killie. Can play right back or DM.

Lewis Stevenson from Hibs. Left back or CM

Both good versatile players who can do a couple of jobs and who addressed a couple of holes in my squad.

Have you got Parent Clubs by the way? They normally bung a couple your way.

Ive got Liverpool as an extra parent club & they have sent me Nathan Eccleston & Peter Gulasci on loan!!!

Other signings are Steven Bell from Dunfermline (£30k) as a back-up, Lewis Stevenson from Hibs (£190k) and also have Steven McGinn will be arriving on a free from Watford.

Edit: Add to that Carl Jenkinson and Craig Eastmond who have been sent to me on loan from Arsenal.

Yip, i would, Grimmer's not worth £850k so i'd bite their hand off

Cheers!!!! Just as I read that, the deal had come through for me to agree or reject :D.

Is Sean O'Hanlan worth buying for £150k?

Wotherspoon is a fantastic signing if you can get him, he will also cover most of the defense and midfield if needed, i only managed to get him after about 7 seasons because he left on a free, got two very good years out of him before spurs paid me £2.5m for him :)

Lewis Milne is highly reccomended, again he is now a Scotland starter in my game

Wotherspoon is a fantastic signing if you can get him, he will also cover most of the defense and midfield if needed, i only managed to get him after about 7 seasons because he left on a free, got two very good years out of him before spurs paid me £2.5m for him :)

Lewis Milne is highly reccomended, again he is now a Scotland starter in my game

Ive already got Milne. Im trying to send him out on loan so he gets a bit of experience. Wotherspoon looks good, but I am overloaded at RB and in midfield. A lot of them are key players or new signings as well. Will keep an eye out for him in season 3.

aberdeentransfershistor.png

There are my transfers so far!!!

Carl Jenkinson - Arrives on loan from parent club Arsenal. Will be a good back-up at full-back.

Craig Eastmond - Another who arrives on loan from Arsenal, and another who will be a decent back-up.

Hasan Pepic - The young winger is one for the future. Currently rated at 2* with a 4 1/2* potential.

Joe Garner - My star signing. Arrived for £230k from Watford and should prove a hit in Scotland.

Lewis Stevenson - One of two players arriving from Hibs. Will prove vital to my side.

Nathan Eccleston - Another loanee from another parent club. With pace to burn, Eccleston can cover upfront and on the wing.

Peter Gulacsi - The goalkeeper arrives on loan from Liverpool and will provide competition for both the experienced Jerzy Dudek and the young Marek Stech.

Rick Verbeek - The winger arrived on a free from Dutch side VVV-Venelo and fills the void left by James McFadden. Should be a good buy!!!

Sean O'Hanlon - The second player to arrive from Hibs. Signed for £150k.

Stephen McGinn - Despite his poor physical stats, he should be a good squad player.

Steven Bell - Arrived from relegated Dunfermline and a player who will add strength in depth to the squad.

Tobias Mikkelsen - Quality signing who arrived for £70k. Will add a bit of class to the team.

Will keep an eye out :thup:.

Our confidence is shot at the minute. The defeats to WBA had an away game against Rangers in between and although we were 3-0 down at HT and came back to lose 3-2, confidence is low.

Ive already got Milne. Im trying to send him out on loan so he gets a bit of experience. Wotherspoon looks good, but I am overloaded at RB and in midfield. A lot of them are key players or new signings as well. Will keep an eye out for him in season 3.

I retrained Milne into a left winger, used as many of his CA points i could on crossing, had him training that from the day i got him. I have him on the left and Ravel Morrison on the right wing, got him on a free after about 5 years, he left united, went to Blackpool and never got a game so i got him cheap, one of the best signings ever, also keep a close eye on the french youth academy, clairefotain i think its called, i have three players from there, all of them close to world class.

Im currently considering spending £5m on Fleck, i dont usualy sign ex rangers players, but he is not getting a game for Blackburn and when he was at Rangers he was unstoppable, i dont know if he fits into a 4-4-2 tho, and i dont want to change the formation just to suit him.

Beat Dundee 2-0 in the League Cup and have been draw at home to Dundee Utd in the Quater Final. Followed this up with a convincing 4-0 win at home to St.Mirren in the league to sit nicely in 5th place after 6 games, 5pts off Rangers who are top.

A crunch Champions League game coming up. I won against Benfica at home and Dortmund lost to Barcelona. So the group currently stands:

Barcelona - 13pts - already qualified

Aberdeen - 7pts

Dortmund - 4pts

Benfica - 3pts

Already guaranteed a Europa League slot, but the final game is Dortmund away. Again, even if I lose 1-0 we'll still go through, so losing as long as I keep the score down is vital.

About to load up an Aberdeen save this afternoon as I'm loving the activity of this thread.

Is there any key recommendations in terms of players and staff? Who I should keep, sell or invest in?

I'm going to spend hours looking at cheap talent in the minor countries, already made a bit of a shortlist.

Make sure you keep Fyvie, Jack and Pawlett to begin with, everyone else is expendable in the long term, but you can keep those 3 for their entire careers if smart enough. Biggest thing to look for is wide player, left and right, and some back up full backs. Look to get rid of as many of the strikers as you can and use the money to strengthen the team, keep Fallon and Vernon, everyone else is expendable.

Players to look for are Lewis Milne - Cowdenbeath, John Baird - Raith and James Mcfadden - free, those three will be important players if you can get them, outwith them the free transfer market is your oyster so to speak. Maurice Ross is good if you want a right back right away and is free, there is a young guy Stephen Hendrie i would highly reccommend as your future right back but he will cost money as Hamilton will not want to sell him. Also keep Scott Brown on your radar, he usuall leaves Celtic on a free after the 1st season and will be willing to join, he can be a huge signing, or can be used to make some good money.

Archived