Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Thanks Purefun, why did I bother going doctors, when I have you to rely on. Tbh, I'll wait for a week or so but if it's not improved by then, then I'll go back. I need it to clear up by Monday the 13th. I'm off after that and plan on going out on the Friday. I don't plan or want to be dosed up and potentially causing more damage.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

lads lads lads... ive got an interview tomorrow for a job..

now im used to interviews where suit/tie and shirt are needed (office jobs etc) ...

but what the hell does one wear for an interview for factory work?

any insights?

A bandana and a pink g-string. Should work.

lads lads lads... ive got an interview tomorrow for a job..

now im used to interviews where suit/tie and shirt are needed (office jobs etc) ...

but what the hell does one wear for an interview for factory work?

any insights?

Go in a boiler suit, wear safety boots. Walk into the interview room and simply say: "Right then... when do I start?"

;)

One that I have always said I will do for an ice-breaker at an interview is go dressed as Batman, have a fan blowing so your cape is waving and say 'sorry, my other suit is at the drycleaners' :D.

Don't know what it's like for you northern European folks... but it's absolutely freezing tonight here in Granada, Spain. -2ºC tonight and forecast -7ºC at the weekend.

That said, it's at night time the temperature is dropping at the moment. By about mid-day with clear skies, it can shoot up to +20ºC.

It's mad going to work wrapped up in winter woolies first thing in the morning, only to be stripping off by noon.

Yeah it is, niece of Justin too. Recently presented a program on BBC3 about Britain's Gay Footballers or something like that. She started asking why no footballer apart from her uncle had actively come out as being gay. It was quite insightful(correct word?) and alot of what was said is true. Whilst I wouldn't have any problems with there being gay footballers in the professional game, there would be a lot of fans and players that would which probably explains why players who may be bi or gay, refuse to come out.

Max Clifford iirc, said that he knows of half a dozen footballers who are gay or bi and all of them have said that it can't get out at costs due to implications it could have on their careers.

Got some money saved up and I think I will get tickets for the Wigan game. Wish I could afford a season ticket still and didnt have to travel down to Liverpool and beyond when I do. The pain of not being 13 anymore and having to have my Dad pay for everything :p.

That's the only thing I miss occasionally in the job I do. When my dad was in the forces, one of the things we were going to do when we were settled was get a season ticket at Forest. My mum and dad brought a house soon after we moved back and ever since then he's had that to deal with. Then I've got a job which meant it was never possible. If I can get far in the next few years and get the promotions and the money that I think I can earn and what I plan on spending then I may be able to buy my own house outright or most of it at 25. Then if I can get a promotion or two by 30/35 I could then possibly look at doing something that I've wanted to do for a number of years now if the market's stable enough.

It's quite possible that life will change then and I may be married and have kids by 35. I don't plan on wanting them but my dad says that it will change eventually.

So I'll ask, what's everyone up to this weekend? I'm going bowling tonight and then I'll be at work Saturday and Sunday. I then have 8 days left before I should be off for 6 days.

Few beers round town tonight, try and stay in tomorrow so I feel fresh enough to sample a few pints at the local on Sunday lunch while watching Forest vs the sheep.

I'd love to be able to watch that game, but I'll be working. I'm going to see if I can get on my lunch at about 12:15 which is what time it kicks off right? If I can do that I could watch most of the first half as one of the locals where I live is about a 2 minute walk away from where I work :D. I will not drink though.

Problem for me with where I live is that its a 3 hour drive to Liverpool, and at the time I had a season ticket when I was a 12-14, my Dad, who is a Sunderland fan had to buy a season ticket for himself despite not wanting one, and then had to drive down there every other week-end, and if I went to away games as well then he was driving there to. The tickets arent so much the problem, but spending £40 in diesel every time you drive somewhere bunk up the cost. That plus going to European games and plane tickets, hotels etc. Got a bit to much.

For me now, if I could afford a season ticket I would buy one, but Im in a job just trying to get my by until Ive got my teacher qualifications at which point I will be able to afford one most likely.

This week-end, I think I am going swimming tomorrow, then Saturday night it will be the usual MOTD/Football League Show for me. Probably not much Sunday though.

Don't know what it's like for you northern European folks... but it's absolutely freezing tonight here in Granada, Spain. -2ºC tonight and forecast -7ºC at the weekend.

That said, it's at night time the temperature is dropping at the moment. By about mid-day with clear skies, it can shoot up to +20ºC.

It's mad going to work wrapped up in winter woolies first thing in the morning, only to be stripping off by noon.

-14 around here. :cool:

But I'm ****ing sick so I can't go out and play in the snow with my sons. :(

-14 around here. :cool:

But I'm ****ing sick so I can't go out and play in the snow with my sons. :(

Such a shame that you cant go and pelt them with snowballs or scrub them in the snow :p.

FM related question. Do At.Madrid always get taken over on your saves by a tycoon owner because they do on mine and they instantly have the highest reputation and spend money like Man City.