Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool's story of the season really, play well with not enough cutting edge.

Yeah its been annoying. I never expected us to qualify for the Champions League this season and I know its a slow process to getting back to where we were. Next season or maybe the season after is when I think we will finally be showing signs of challenging towards the top again, but we shall see. I fully expect us to go on and get to Wembley again in the FA Cup and if we could win that then it has been a good season for us really.

What annoys me more is that we have been so dominant in most games this season without the cutting edge. We have fully deserved to win all our home games this season and if we had then we would be having a fantastic season which is all the more frustrating.

Shut up you.

:D.

I've had today off work, my fourth and final day of my four day weekend. Back at work tomorrow on late and then three earlies before supposedly being off on holiday, Saturday and my day off Sunday. Then I think I have a day off on Monday, before being in late on Tuesday, holiday on the Wednesday and then early Thursday, Friday, Saturday before being off Sunday. Although after the Wednesday, I'm not entirely sure, and as such with my rotas, they can change just like that. As I found out the other week, when one of my Saturday shifts changed three times in about fifteen hours.

Had to google Alpujarras then, looks very nice. I take it you have heard of a place called Mijas? Can't be too far away from you, very nice place, been there a few times.

Mijas... Costa del Sol :thdn:

I don't take any contracts on along the Costa del Sol. Last three jobs I've done down there, my van has been broken into. :(

Hahahahaha, nothing can ever stay between two people. Decided to finally message that girl from the other week, 2 weeks ago. Got a few messages back, then didn't. Messaged her tonight seeing if she fancied going for a drink sometime, and well our friend already knows. Feel slightly more confident, even though the response wasn't one I wanted.

SRL or anyone who plays guitar. How easy would it be to learn Wonderwall(Oasis), Wonderful World(James Morrison) and Back for Good(Take That). Just bet my mate that when and if I get a guitar, I could learn all three songs in a month. If I did, she'd give me a tenner, if I didn't, I'd give her a tenner.

So you can tell us here in our nice forum, when's the patch coming out? You must know your an SI forum mod............

Came out 2 days ago, we just forgot to tell you all.

Nah i personally couldnt care, it sounds like i have my "fanboi" hat on but i honestly have noticed a handful of bugs at most this year, and most of them are so small they are not worth caring about. The only annoying thing is i cannot seem to get a new feeder club at the moment, if that was the only change i would be happy. I wont start a new game with the new database so i really dont care about that.

Why Tom? Well considering I've not had one decent save on FM12 yet, I kind of want the new patch so I can. Those who are in good long-term saves, I can understand why they don't want or aren't too bothered about it.

What will change though? The patch is for the game and not for your mind to give you inspiration to play again :D

People who don't start new games because they are waiting for the patch are stupid imo. A lot say they do it for the DB which will be invalid after a season anyways, its pointless imo. There are no game breaking bugs so I don't see the big deal.

Why Tom? Well considering I've not had one decent save on FM12 yet, I kind of want the new patch so I can. Those who are in good long-term saves, I can understand why they don't want or aren't too bothered about it.

Why would the patch mean you can have a decent save? What changes are going to push you into enjoying FM more?

Well Forest should have Danny Higginbotham, Scott Wootton, That Algerian guy from Wolves and quite possibly George Elokobi depending on when Data Lock was. The financial situation at Forest has changed and the Forest Researcher has said it should be an interesting save with the changes he's made or has had to make.

What will change though? The patch is for the game and not for your mind to give you inspiration to play again :D

People who don't start new games because they are waiting for the patch are stupid imo. A lot say they do it for the DB which will be invalid after a season anyways, its pointless imo. There are no game breaking bugs so I don't see the big deal.

Didn't see this, see above :thup:.

Well Forest should have Danny Higginbotham, Scott Wootton, That Algerian guy from Wolves and quite possibly George Elokobi depending on when Data Lock was. The financial situation at Forest has changed and the Forest Researcher has said it should be an interesting save with the changes he's made or has had to make.

I wouldn't believe everything you're told ;)

But the players you mention you'll only have 1 season 2 at the max anyway. So holding off I don't see the point as by time the patch was out you'd have been quite far in.

Each to their own I guess but I don't see the point still :(

I know, gullible me :(. It is purely for an update database. I'll admit that. But because I post and read alot of threads in GPTG, it's made my FM saves alot more boring because I go after players I've seen on here. When I wasn't on the forums, that was one of the things I enjoyed looking for unknown quality players.

Why would the patch mean you can have a decent save? What changes are going to push you into enjoying FM more?

Both of you have said exactly what i was going to say.

I know, gullible me :(. It is purely for an update database. I'll admit that. But because I post and read alot of threads in GPTG, it's made my FM saves alot more boring because I go after players I've seen on here. When I wasn't on the forums, that was one of the things I enjoyed looking for unknown quality players.

So set up a scouting network and only sign people who are reccomended by the scouts. That's what I do. I've spent a grand total of £9.2 million in 11 seasons with Santos by developing youths. Had new stadium built and top training and state of the art facilities and still have £500 million in the bank for a rainy day. But I'll never touch it as in my youths I built for the next 10+ years and next season I'll bring the new batch of youths in.