Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Tom?

Some of the data changes to the Swansea players are sensational - in a good way, I'm not saying they've been rated too highly. Joe Allen and Leon Britton inparticular look quality and make the versions of themselves in my career save with the previous data vastly inferior.

Some of the data changes to the Swansea players are sensational - in a good way, I'm not saying they've been rated too highly. Joe Allen and Leon Britton inparticular look quality and make the versions of themselves in my career save with the previous data vastly inferior.

I've just looked at Santos and noticed same with the youths they have. Suddenly not interested in my own game :(

I've just looked at Santos and noticed same with the youths they have. Suddenly not interested in my own game :(

I wouldnt say I wasn't interested, just wish my versions of certain players were as good as they are now after the data update.

Why did I bloody well have a look? Muppet.

I wouldnt say I wasn't interested, just wish my versions of certain players were as good as they are now after the data update.

Why did I bloody well have a look? Muppet.

Curiosity gets the better of us :(

I'm thinking of a Swansea game tbh seems like a good challenge.

The board interaction thing, it sort of freezes and I don't get a response once I've asked for something. If you back out, you can ask again but the same problem occurs. You used to get your response straight away. Don't know if that's still the case or if they've changed it so you get it after a day.

Even Ashley Williams is vastly improved!! If I wasn't in the middle of my career save I'd start one with them. Only thing is Scott Sinclair still looks disappointing.

Hmm think I might go them, 4231 ftw!!!

The board interaction thing, it sort of freezes and I don't get a response once I've asked for something. If you back out, you can ask again but the same problem occurs. You used to get your response straight away. Don't know if that's still the case or if they've changed it so you get it after a day.

I just asked for investment in the youth coaching and got a response straight away. They said no, the bastards.

It's fine for me.

I don't like that, not defensive enough. Unless of course the issue with AML/R not tracking back has been fixed with the patch. Some investigation is needed.

Specific Man marking is what you need \o/

I've never done man marking on a CM/FM. It takes one of your own players out of the game. Or atleast that's how I feel about it in real life and thus don't use it in FM.

Nah man marking isn't the same on FM as it is IRL.

Zonal marking is marking the space around a player. Man marking is mark a player who enters the defenders so called zone. Specific man marking you can select your wide players to mark their wingers or MC's and then they track back when you loose the ball.

Given I already knew the changes I'd submitted for Granada CF, it does tempt me to start a new save with the update.

Now featuring young Brazilian gem Henrique. Golden Boot and Golden Shoe winner at last years U20 World Cup. The only other players to previously win both awards? Sergio Agüero, Leo Messi, Javier Saviola. :)

Just saying... ;)

Nah man marking isn't the same on FM as it is IRL.

Zonal marking is marking the space around a player. Man marking is mark a player who enters the defenders so called zone. Specific man marking you can select your wide players to mark their wingers or MC's and then they track back when you loose the ball.

Never knew that. Thanks.

Given I already knew the changes I'd submitted for Granada CF, it does tempt me to start a new save with the update.

Now featuring young Brazilian gem Henrique. Golden Boot and Golden Shoe winner at last years U20 World Cup. The only other players to previously win both awards? Sergio Agüero, Leo Messi, Javier Saviola. :)

Just saying... ;)

Didn't know that. Who did you sign him from?

So is everyone enjoying the new patch? I only played a few games last night, i was too busy drooling over Messi, but as usual i dont really see any difference lol, i guess thats a good thing. Still cant get a feeder club tho :( oh and my Romanian feeder club is now useless :(

I started a new game with Swansea because of Tom :( On a plus side though I'm doing good :cool:

Messi last night was awesome, although I felt Barca didn't play that well. Was more like training for them. Can't believe how much stick Messi still gets though on how good he is.

Been suffering from food poisoning the last couple of days. Have to say that its one of the least enjoyable experiences I have had.

Ughh... hope you're feeling better.

I recall having Salmonella several years ago... felt like I crapped Guinness for a week. :(

Far from a pleasant experience.

Christ.png

Somehow finding himself in Belgium and at Purefun's favourite team no less... the "Messiah" invites the scientific community to seek him out, perhaps in an attempt to prove his existence. :D

Made me chuckle anyway... :p

I've only just realised that he's a real player. Obviously taking the gospel on tour in my save, via loans at Middlebrough and obscure Greek team, Panthrakikos. :lol:

Begs the question though Purefun... as he's a player you'll likely know, can he walk on water? :D

Tom - How you set up at Swansea? I gotta say I'm loving this save already.

4-1-2-2-1

Sweeper Keeper - Support

Wing backs L/R - Attack

Central Defender - Cover

Central Defender - Stopper

Defensive Midfielder - Defend

Deep Lying Playmaker - Support

Advanced Playmaker - Attack

AML/R - Attack

Deep Lying Forward - Attack

Tempo is set at just two, as is time wasting. Basically that ensures we play slowly, yet there is still that zip to our play. Defensive Line is set to six, and width to seven. Also Target Man Supply is set "To Feet".

I would go into individual player instructions, but I assume you have your own ideas, etc.

Just read my PM's and had one from Flipfold who was advised to PM me by Purefun. In the message you are addressed to as Mr.Purefun :lol:.

Mr. Purefun :D

Cheers Tom, was just intrigued to see how you'd gone compared to me.

Owt good on TV tonite?

Cheers Tom, was just intrigued to see how you'd gone compared to me.

Owt good on TV tonite?

No problem. I assume you have gone with the 4-2-3-1 you said about?

I believe AZ Alkmaar and Udinese are on ITV4..................

No problem. I assume you have gone with the 4-2-3-1 you said about?

I believe AZ Alkmaar and Udinese are on ITV4..................

Aye but not a normal 4231. Might do a thread on it when I get back next week.

Ooooo I'll have a look cheers :)